Draft Watch: DB

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Re: Draft Watch: DB

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:38 am

Hey MJ, why is football dungeon calling Ward a nickelback prospect?

footballdungeon.com/nickelback/
mdb1958

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:37 am

Josh Jackson visiting today. If he falls to late round 1, he'd be an amazing trade up target.
real bucs fan

Postby Doctor » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:25 am

real bucs fan wrote:Josh Jackson visiting today. If he falls to late round 1, he'd be an amazing trade up target.

When we pulled the Doug Martin trade to barely get back into the 1st all we had to do was swap fourths with Denver. I really like Josh Jackson. Could actually be a trade down target. In fact, given the players OBP is bringing into the interview I think they are very much preparing for a trade down possibility.
Doctor

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:44 am

real bucs fan wrote:Josh Jackson visiting today. If he falls to late round 1, he'd be an amazing trade up target.

Sure 3 picks out of 179 prospects. Because pick 180 is when we can pick our fourth player.
mdb1958

Postby LavonteDavid54 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:36 pm

mdb1958 wrote:https://youtu.be/EEqx-PUcgFk

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Southern_logo.gif

Danny Johnson, CB, Southern
Height: 5-9. Weight: 185.
Projected 40 Time: 4.40.
Projected Round (2018): 3-4.
12/9/17: In 2017, Johnson recorded 55 tackles with 12 passes broken up and three interceptions - two of them returned for touchdowns. As a wide receiver, he had three receptions for 54 yards and a touchdown.

9/1/17: Sources identified Johnson as a small-school prospect who impressed them during fall camp. They say Johnson runs the 40 in the 4.35-4.45-second range, which is an extremely fast time. Johsnon isn't just a fast sprinter as he led the FCS in interceptions last year with seven despite missing three games. That worked out as him recording an interception in every game he played in except for one. Johnson also chipped in 57 tackles with nine passes broken up. Scouts have favorably compared Johnson to other small-school cornerbacks like the Falcons' Robert Alford and the Jets' Buster Skrine. Sources also say that Johnson is further along at this stage than both Alford and Skrine were. They think that Johnson is a tough defender and built to be a nickelback in the NFL.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018CB.php#ixzz52hxxRg9F

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2018CB.p ... ktbPkrt.99

I am glad someone else likes him.Id like to take him on day 3.
LavonteDavid54

Postby LavonteDavid54 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:58 pm

I think if we grabbed a Dane Cruikshank (4th) could be wishful thinking but if not even a Danny Johnson , Parry Nickerson, Avonte Maddox..in 5,6 ,7 th would be a very good draft for us. It's a deep CB draft, and to find quick fast aggressive tacklers late that also take the ball away? Could very easily make the team and give us decent depth. There's no written rule some Mel Kiper wanna be has 5-10 cbs ranked higher than these guys means anything! Alexander may end up best CB in the draft. Josh Norman, Richard Sherman ,Al Harris sure as hell were better than Eli Apple, or dozens of others that were bust.We get James at 7 n RB / OL in 2 grab 2,3of these cbs late ? Odds of one of them panning out could be pretty good.I read an article on NE Pats. They take best player always never for need and will take same pos even if it's BPA, also greater the chance of getting it right.
LavonteDavid54

Postby ComingThisFall » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:04 pm

Doctor wrote:

When we pulled the Doug Martin trade to barely get back into the 1st all we had to do was swap fourths with Denver. I really like Josh Jackson. Could actually be a trade down target. In fact, given the players OBP is bringing into the interview I think they are very much preparing for a trade down possibility.

Josh Jackson might could fall to our pick in rd 2
ComingThisFall

Previous

Return to College Football/Draft Talk