USF vs Texas Tech in the Birmingham Bowl

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
USF vs Texas Tech in the Birmingham Bowl

Postby Buc2 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:32 pm

This game is a great example of why most of the "Also Ran Bowls" suck. USF pulls off a decent 9-2 season, makes a bowl game, then draws a barely bowl eligible 6-6 Texas Tech team. :cussing:

The odds are 2.5 in favor of USF. I think that's a load of crap and USF will win by 14+. I guess the only good thing about this, for the Bulls, is that it's against a P5 school. Other than that, this should be a sleeper.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Re: USF vs Texas Tech in the Birmingham Bowl

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:41 pm

Maybe it’s not as big of a deal as it used to be because of “voluntary” off season workouts, but coaches used to say that the best thing about the lesser bowl games was you get a 14 or 15 practice jump start on next year that non bowl teams don’t get
Zarniwoop

Re: USF vs Texas Tech in the Birmingham Bowl

Postby Buc2 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:03 pm

That makes sense. They get to put in a bunch more practices between the end of their regular season and their bowl game that they wouldn't have if they didn't make a bowl. I guess I just never really thought of it that way. Although, I'm not so sure how much good practices in December are when they won't be back together again until, what? March? April? For spring practices.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Return to College Football/Draft Talk