Your "Too Early" Bucs Big Board*

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
post

Re: Your "Too Early" Bucs Big Board*

Postby Doctor » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:22 pm

Eh, why the hell not. Don't worry, no one will hold you to what you say in December, we'll put an asterisk next to it. *

Who are the top ten players, in order, you hope the Bucs draft in the first?

1. Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama- Corner or safety, I don't care this kid is a baller. The fact that this is a huge team need is a bonus.
2. Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame- A guard this early? What if we're drafting #5 overall, Doc? I don't care. This guy is an elite as you can get. Plug and forget.
3. Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State- Arguably even more blue chip than Gurley, Elliot, and Fournette. The workhorse RB has made it's return to the NFL and if you're still in RBBC denial, you better wake up.
4. Bradley Chubb, EDGE, N.C. State- While he isn't Elite, imo, he is as close as you get and the best DE in this class.
5. Derrius Guice, RB, LSU- Last year I had Cook just outside my top Elites, this year I have Guice, who (like Cook) I actually personally like better than the top RB.
6. Derwin James, S, Florida State- It really doesn't get any better than James, he's going to blow the doors off the Combine. He is all over the field and is a true stud. Though there are questions about his heart and motor.
7. Arden Key, DE/OLB, LSU- Some have him rated even higher then Chubb. When he's on he's the best pass rusher in this class.
8. Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State- Ward isn't elite, but he has great tools that an DC would love to work with. Knows how to get his hands up and break up passes.
9. Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama- What, a DT? Yup. After selecting Marcus Stroud top 15 in 2001 Jags turned around and selected John Henderson top 10 the next year. Who was the DC? Mike Smith. Baker has been meh, turning 31, and can in fact be cut with no cap penalty. Or we can keep him on for a healthy rotation.
10. Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson- For a lot of the same reasons listed for Payne. Lots of DT's to love in this draft, enough with these journeymen busts.


Honestly mine hasn't changed all that much. Nelson is clear #1 now for me, but that's about it. Vea is somewhere up there now that I've seen more of him, but IDK if I like him better than Payne, Ward, or Key.
Image
User avatar
Doctor
 
Posts: 5165
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Out of the Office. Will return next Fall.
Has thanked: 222 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: Your "Too Early" Bucs Big Board*

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:32 am

Post Free Agency Big Board

1. Saquan Barkley, RB
-Barkley is the highest graded player in this draft, has top shelf intangibles, and fills our biggest need.
2. Denzel Ward, CB
-Ward is a top 5 non-QB in this draft, who fills our 2nd biggest need at a premium position. Outside of elite size, he has everything you are looking for in a #1 CB, though he does need a little refinement in terms of getting his head around on deep routes.
3. Bradley Chubb, DE
-While DE is no longer a need, we could use some more young blood, and Chubb is a great DE prospect who would be a big part of a rotation right away and eventually an upper echelon starter.
4. Derwin James, S
-If James is cleared medically, he is an elite SS prospect who would be a perfect fit beside Justin Evans forming what could be a top flight safety combo for decades.
5. Quenton Nelson, OG
- Assuming Sweezy is good to go for next year, we're set at IOL, but Nelson is a rare OG prospect and would be a guy who could be plugged in and give us the base for a top flight o-line for years to come.

If all 5 of those guys are gone, we should be able to get a massive haul in a trade down, but those are my 5 targets.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 8098
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 894 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Your "Too Early" Bucs Big Board*

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:37 am

And there you have it
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 23325
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 498 times

Re: Your "Too Early" Bucs Big Board*

Postby Rocker » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:49 am

Bootz2004 wrote:And there you have it


Imagine if Barkley was vegan.
Image
User avatar
Rocker
 
Posts: 3763
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:23 am
Location: Upper deck of the Old Sombrero
Has thanked: 212 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: Your "Too Early" Bucs Big Board*

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:50 am

He's the best prospect in the draft and fills our biggest need, you guys are nuts.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 8098
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 894 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Your "Too Early" Bucs Big Board*

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:54 am

The amusing thing is that no matter how he tried to mask it everyone here knew the ending result would be Barkley at the top of his board. Now we don't need Chubb or Nelson lol.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 23325
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 498 times

Re: Your "Too Early" Bucs Big Board*

Postby Teitan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:55 am

real bucs fan wrote:He's the best prospect in the draft and fills our biggest need, you guys are nuts.


He’s the best RB in the draft. Not the best prospect. He would fill a big need. I would say we have bigger issues in the secondary. And if we upgraded our OL it’ll make it easier for any RB.
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 4378
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 228 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: Your "Too Early" Bucs Big Board*

Postby .irishHITMAN4rent » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:59 am

real bucs fan wrote:Post Free Agency Big Board

1. Saquan Barkley, RB
-Barkley is the highest graded player in this draft, has top shelf intangibles, and fills our biggest need.
2. Denzel Ward, CB
-Ward is a top 5 non-QB in this draft, who fills our 2nd biggest need at a premium position. Outside of elite size, he has everything you are looking for in a #1 CB, though he does need a little refinement in terms of getting his head around on deep routes.
3. Bradley Chubb, DE
-While DE is no longer a need, we could use some more young blood, and Chubb is a great DE prospect who would be a big part of a rotation right away and eventually an upper echelon starter.
4. Derwin James, S
-If James is cleared medically, he is an elite SS prospect who would be a perfect fit beside Justin Evans forming what could be a top flight safety combo for decades.
5. Quenton Nelson, OG
- Assuming Sweezy is good to go for next year, we're set at IOL, but Nelson is a rare OG prospect and would be a guy who could be plugged in and give us the base for a top flight o-line for years to come.

If all 5 of those guys are gone, we should be able to get a massive haul in a trade down, but those are my 5 targets.



Seriously dude, what age are you??
Because you act like a 14 year old who plays to much fantasy football
.irishHITMAN4rent
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 232 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Your "Too Early" Bucs Big Board*

Postby theBKwhopper » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:20 am

No way in hell should we pass on Chubb for Barkley. Maybe Nelson, but definitely not Chubb.
User avatar
theBKwhopper
 
Posts: 4009
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:39 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 77 times

Re: Your "Too Early" Bucs Big Board*

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:25 am

.irishHITMAN4rent wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Post Free Agency Big Board

1. Saquan Barkley, RB
-Barkley is the highest graded player in this draft, has top shelf intangibles, and fills our biggest need.
2. Denzel Ward, CB
-Ward is a top 5 non-QB in this draft, who fills our 2nd biggest need at a premium position. Outside of elite size, he has everything you are looking for in a #1 CB, though he does need a little refinement in terms of getting his head around on deep routes.
3. Bradley Chubb, DE
-While DE is no longer a need, we could use some more young blood, and Chubb is a great DE prospect who would be a big part of a rotation right away and eventually an upper echelon starter.
4. Derwin James, S
-If James is cleared medically, he is an elite SS prospect who would be a perfect fit beside Justin Evans forming what could be a top flight safety combo for decades.
5. Quenton Nelson, OG
- Assuming Sweezy is good to go for next year, we're set at IOL, but Nelson is a rare OG prospect and would be a guy who could be plugged in and give us the base for a top flight o-line for years to come.

If all 5 of those guys are gone, we should be able to get a massive haul in a trade down, but those are my 5 targets.



Seriously dude, what age are you??
Because you act like a 14 year old who plays to much fantasy football

Pretty much anyone who knows anything has him as the best prospect in this draft so...
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 8098
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 894 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Your "Too Early" Bucs Big Board*

Postby .irishHITMAN4rent » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:30 am

real bucs fan wrote:
.irishHITMAN4rent wrote:

Seriously dude, what age are you??
Because you act like a 14 year old who plays to much fantasy football

Pretty much anyone who knows anything has him as the best prospect in this draft so...



Best prospect for a RB maybe
No way we can afford to pass on an elite DE, Elite OL or an massive upgrade at DB for an luxury new toy!!!!
.irishHITMAN4rent
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 232 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Your "Too Early" Bucs Big Board*

Postby Naismith » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:06 pm

Matt Waldman has Barkley as the second best RB in the draft.

Regardless, it's clear Barkley is a very talented player that would fill a very minor need for the Bucs.
User avatar
Naismith
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:51 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Re: Your "Too Early" Bucs Big Board*

Postby ComingThisFall » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:16 pm

“Top flight safety combo for decades”

That would be impressive
Image
ComingThisFall
 
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:54 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Your "Too Early" Bucs Big Board*

Postby Doctor » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:05 am

Wow, you guys are hilarious. Honestly, saying Barkley is the best prospect in the draft isn't extreme. Heck, it's probably the consensus outside this damn board. SI has him #1, Draftek has him #2 behind Rosen, NFL.com has him #1, Mel Kiper has him #1, Todd McShay has him #1, Mayock has him #1 (tied with Nelson), Scott Wright has him #2 behind Nelson (only two players he grades as Elite), Daniel Jeremiah has him #1... like really now guys, y'all need to chill out with this Barkley hate.
Image
User avatar
Doctor
 
Posts: 5165
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Out of the Office. Will return next Fall.
Has thanked: 222 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Previous

post

Return to College Football/Draft Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 9 guests