With the 1st pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
post

Re: With the 1st pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the Cleveland Br

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:12 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
BucaRican wrote:Big, come on they traded for Taylor and have spent a second on Kizer. No way no how they draft a QB at 1. Bet they wouldn't mind stocking picks. 1-15 bet they grab a #1Barkley and at 4 grab Mike McGlinchey with the loss of Thomas.

BucaRican wrote:Simple they spent a 2nd round pick on him last yr, have more pressing needs this yr.


Image

Image


Damn. Lol
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 6916
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 176 times

Re: With the 1st pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the Cleveland Br

Postby sonofg » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:37 pm

With two 1st round picks, surely the Browns don't get the QB with the second of those picks once again? Like many have said, don't get cute. If they find their guy, I say they take him at 1.
sonofg
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:18 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: With the 1st pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the Cleveland Br

Postby MJW » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:14 pm

sonofg wrote:With two 1st round picks, surely the Browns don't get the QB with the second of those picks once again? Like many have said, don't get cute. If they find their guy, I say they take him at 1.


Taylor is one of the best stopgap QB options in the history of the concept.

But that's still what he is. They're still going QB.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 7930
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 330 times

Re: With the 1st pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the Cleveland Br

Postby sonofg » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:30 am

MJW wrote:
sonofg wrote:With two 1st round picks, surely the Browns don't get the QB with the second of those picks once again? Like many have said, don't get cute. If they find their guy, I say they take him at 1.


Taylor is one of the best stopgap QB options in the history of the concept.

But that's still what he is. They're still going QB.


That's where I'm at too. If you like a guy enough to take him at 4th overall, you don't play around, you take him at 1.
You identify your guy and trust your evaluation. For a team with the QB history of Cleveland, I doubt the attitude would be "either this guy or that guy, whichever is left"...
sonofg
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:18 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: With the 1st pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the Cleveland Br

Postby Doctor » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:16 pm

With the Colts at three you could roll the dice, take Barkley at 1 and hope one of the two QBs you like is there at 4. With a guaranteed QB at 3 (and likely 2) you can't take that chance anymore. Jets just forced the Browns hand to take a QB which works in our favor.
Image
User avatar
Doctor
 
Posts: 4769
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Out of the Office. Will return next Fall.
Has thanked: 200 times
Been thanked: 142 times

Re: With the 1st pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the Cleveland Br

Postby terrytate » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:45 pm

Doctor wrote:With the Colts at three you could roll the dice, take Barkley at 1 and hope one of the two QBs you like is there at 4. With a guaranteed QB at 3 (and likely 2) you can't take that chance anymore. Jets just forced the Browns hand to take a QB which works in our favor.


Yup. Now the odds favor the QB at one unless the Browns staff just isn't impressed with any of them. They could take the QB of choice at 1 and still have very good odds if landing the non-qb of choice at 4.

IMO Sashi Brown may have gotten run a bit early. He told them early on it would take a few years for his plan to bear fruit. Now, here we are with the Browns in the driver's seat and he's unemployed.
User avatar
terrytate
 
Posts: 2093
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:49 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: With the 1st pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the Cleveland Br

Postby Konatown » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:44 am

terrytate wrote:
Doctor wrote:With the Colts at three you could roll the dice, take Barkley at 1 and hope one of the two QBs you like is there at 4. With a guaranteed QB at 3 (and likely 2) you can't take that chance anymore. Jets just forced the Browns hand to take a QB which works in our favor.


Yup. Now the odds favor the QB at one unless the Browns staff just isn't impressed with any of them. They could take the QB of choice at 1 and still have very good odds if landing the non-qb of choice at 4.

IMO Sashi Brown may have gotten run a bit early. He told them early on it would take a few years for his plan to bear fruit. Now, here we are with the Browns in the driver's seat and he's unemployed.

True. But if would’ve just drafted Wentz he would’ve still had a job. Funny how that works
Konatown
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: With the 1st pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the Cleveland Br

Postby terrytate » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:38 pm

Konatown wrote:
terrytate wrote:
Yup. Now the odds favor the QB at one unless the Browns staff just isn't impressed with any of them. They could take the QB of choice at 1 and still have very good odds if landing the non-qb of choice at 4.

IMO Sashi Brown may have gotten run a bit early. He told them early on it would take a few years for his plan to bear fruit. Now, here we are with the Browns in the driver's seat and he's unemployed.

True. But if would’ve just drafted Wentz he would’ve still had a job. Funny how that works



Assuming Wentz looked like the same guy on a barren Browns team instead of a Philly team than won the title without him, sure.
User avatar
terrytate
 
Posts: 2093
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:49 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: With the 1st pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the Cleveland Br

Postby Doctor » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:42 pm

I wouldn't call the Browns barren, not at all. You take away the logo and just look at the roster, that's a nice team for any QB to play on. I think Tyrod may keep the #1 pick on the bench longer than most think.
Image
User avatar
Doctor
 
Posts: 4769
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Out of the Office. Will return next Fall.
Has thanked: 200 times
Been thanked: 142 times

Re: With the 1st pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the Cleveland Br

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:50 pm

Doctor wrote:I wouldn't call the Browns barren, not at all. You take away the logo and just look at the roster, that's a nice team for any QB to play on. I think Tyrod may keep the #1 pick on the bench longer than most think.


1 season at most. It could be a Chiefs-Mahomes situation best case. Tyrod is on a 1yr deal. Whatever QB the Browns draft (I'd bet Darnold) will be 2019 week 1 starter for them.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 10925
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 443 times
Been thanked: 465 times

Re: With the 1st pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the Cleveland Br

Postby Doctor » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:56 pm

I agree, but imo Tyrod has been disrespected his entire career and has the potential to surprise people. That's also the best group of targets he's ever had.
Image
User avatar
Doctor
 
Posts: 4769
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Out of the Office. Will return next Fall.
Has thanked: 200 times
Been thanked: 142 times

Re: With the 1st pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the Cleveland Br

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:01 pm

Doctor wrote:I agree, but imo Tyrod has been disrespected his entire career and has the potential to surprise people. That's also the best group of targets he's ever had.


Tyrod is who he is. He deserving to be a starting QB, but always going to be guy a team is looking to move on/improve on.

He'll start for someone else in 2019 and make a boatload doing so.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 10925
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 443 times
Been thanked: 465 times

Re: With the 1st pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the Cleveland Br

Postby terrytate » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:12 pm

Doctor wrote:I wouldn't call the Browns barren, not at all. You take away the logo and just look at the roster, that's a nice team for any QB to play on. I think Tyrod may keep the #1 pick on the bench longer than most think.



Point conceded. But while that have some nice talent, they weren't loaded for bear like the Iggles were.
User avatar
terrytate
 
Posts: 2093
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:49 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: With the 1st pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the Cleveland Br

Postby real bucs fan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:55 pm

Apparently the Browns owner came out to Darnolds Pro Day today. Darnold was reportedly tremendously impressive- and did it on a windy/rainy day no less.

After his workout, Browns owner was seen having a long talk Darnolds parents.

Me thinks Darnold is going #1...
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 7405
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 762 times
Been thanked: 101 times

Re: With the 1st pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the Cleveland Br

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:22 pm

real bucs fan wrote:Apparently the Browns owner came out to Darnolds Pro Day today. Darnold was reportedly tremendously impressive- and did it on a windy/rainy day no less.

After his workout, Browns owner was seen having a long talk Darnolds parents.

Me thinks Darnold is going #1...


He is. Book it.

Browns - Darnold
Giants - Rosen
Jets - Allen/Mayfield
Broncos - Mayfield/Allen
Browns - Barkley
Colts - Chubb/Nelson
Bucs - Nelson/Chubb
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 10925
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 443 times
Been thanked: 465 times

Re: With the 1st pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the Cleveland Br

Postby Super K » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:43 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Apparently the Browns owner came out to Darnolds Pro Day today. Darnold was reportedly tremendously impressive- and did it on a windy/rainy day no less.

After his workout, Browns owner was seen having a long talk Darnolds parents.

Me thinks Darnold is going #1...


He is. Book it.

Browns - Darnold
Giants - Rosen
Jets - Allen/Mayfield
Broncos - Mayfield/Allen
Browns - Barkley
Colts - Chubb/Nelson
Bucs - Nelson/Chubb


Looks about right..
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 6245
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 179 times

Re: With the 1st pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the Cleveland Br

Postby Deuce » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:50 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Apparently the Browns owner came out to Darnolds Pro Day today. Darnold was reportedly tremendously impressive- and did it on a windy/rainy day no less.

After his workout, Browns owner was seen having a long talk Darnolds parents.

Me thinks Darnold is going #1...


He is. Book it.

Browns - Darnold
Giants - Rosen
Jets - Allen/Mayfield
Broncos - Mayfield/Allen
Browns - Barkley
Colts - Chubb/Nelson
Bucs - Nelson/Chubb


Projecting a trade?
User avatar
Deuce
 
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: With the 1st pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the Cleveland Br

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:00 pm

Yes, I think the Browns will move out of 4. Moreso I think the Broncos will want prevent another QB needy team from trading into the 4th spot and will be able to do so themselves for relatively cheap. Browns still get their pick of the best non-QB at 5th overall as they would at 4th, but pick up a 3rd rounder in the process.

I don't this new Browns regime is all about trading down. But if they can move down a spot and still get their choice of non-QBs than it just makes sense. But it's just speculation on what I think will happen. I do think the top 3 teams are happy with where they are and won't be trading down.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 10925
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 443 times
Been thanked: 465 times

Re: With the 1st pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the Cleveland Br

Postby real bucs fan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:11 pm

I think having Tyrod there to allow Darnold to sit for a year is a good look tbh
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 7405
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 762 times
Been thanked: 101 times

Re: With the 1st pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the Cleveland Br

Postby Konatown » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:50 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Apparently the Browns owner came out to Darnolds Pro Day today. Darnold was reportedly tremendously impressive- and did it on a windy/rainy day no less.

After his workout, Browns owner was seen having a long talk Darnolds parents.

Me thinks Darnold is going #1...


He is. Book it.

Browns - Darnold
Giants - Rosen
Jets - Allen/Mayfield
Broncos - Mayfield/Allen
Browns - Barkley
Colts - Chubb/Nelson
Bucs - Nelson/Chubb

This is how I see it going as well. Does a trade happen on draft night or beforehand for Cleveland’s 4?
Konatown
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Previous

post

Return to College Football/Draft Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acmillis, beardmcdoug, Bootz2004, Buster Keaton, PrimeMinister and 7 guests