Scott Frost to Nebraska

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Re: Scott Frost to Nebraska

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:16 am

Doesn't sound like the same guy you explained here, MJW....

MJW wrote:Some dudes, there'd be no doubt they'd give anything to coach this team. Frost is NOT one of those guys. He had some bad experiences in Lincoln. He doesn't bleed scarlet and cream to the way many of our would-be coaches do.

That said, the way it's shaking out, he's going to decide between another year at UCF or coming here. That's up to him. If he wants to spend another year spinning wheels (and likely coming back to earth a bit) with a mid-major, Mazel Tov. If he wants to advance his career, it'll be here I think. I won't hold it against him if it's the former.
Bootz2004

Postby MJW » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:19 am

Bootz2004 wrote:Doesn't sound like the same guy you explained here, MJW....

MJW wrote:Some dudes, there'd be no doubt they'd give anything to coach this team. Frost is NOT one of those guys. He had some bad experiences in Lincoln. He doesn't bleed scarlet and cream to the way many of our would-be coaches do.

That said, the way it's shaking out, he's going to decide between another year at UCF or coming here. That's up to him. If he wants to spend another year spinning wheels (and likely coming back to earth a bit) with a mid-major, Mazel Tov. If he wants to advance his career, it'll be here I think. I won't hold it against him if it's the former.

I heard the same stories everyone else in Lincoln heard. If you think I'm the only person here who questioned Frost's relationship with Lincoln, you obviously don't listen to talk radio here or read the Lincoln Journal Star. Obviously those people, myself included, were wrong about the guy. Do you have anything else to add or are you just going to pick through Alpha's garbage some more?
MJW

Postby BucaRican » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:26 am

Not sure I ever read 1 story of Frost having bad experiences in Lincon. The guy idolized Osborn and Nebraska football. So after I hear more and more from people that were close to the situation, this was not easy for Frost. Nebraska was the only place he would have contemplated leaving UCF for. He turned down UF pretty much right at the door. I am hurt by the guy leaving but after a couple days I understand. Just heard a interview with coach Josh Heupel, he does not have a issue with Frost coaching the Peach Bowl, basically said its a culmination of the 2017 season. He even said he would assist in providing input into Auburn because of the SEC familiarity. So now that I have cooled off I am good with Frost leaving and with him coaching the Peach bowl.
BucaRican

Postby Alpha » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:28 am

MJW wrote:

I heard the same stories everyone else in Lincoln heard. If you think I'm the only person here who questioned Frost's relationship with Lincoln, you obviously don't listen to talk radio here or read the Lincoln Journal Star. Obviously those people, myself included, were wrong about the guy. Do you have anything else to add or are you just going to pick through Alpha's garbage some more?

I don't know anything about his relationship with Nebraska. I surely don't read those papers or listen to the radio there.

But you'd have to be a cold-hearted sumbitch to deteste not only your home school but home state as well. And he's not that guy.

I saw his interview after UCF's last game. He loves Nebraska. He loves the school and he's an emotional guy.

He went to his dream job. Just like Taggert did to FSU.

Congrats to Nebraska fans. You got your guy. He'll do well in that conference.
Alpha

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:50 am

Frost was on Golic and Wingo and baiscally said he wants to coach UCF in the bowl, but both schools have to approve it and UCF needs to honor their commitments to paying his staff the bonuses they earned. He also mentioned it's a little wierd with a new coaching staff in his office and him being and working at Nebraska. It sounds like it's still up in the air.
uscbucsfan

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:11 pm

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/u ... story.html

Frost and the entire Nebraska staff (formerly UCF) were back in Orlando prepping the team for its bowl game. The arrangement to have Frost and Co coach the bowl game seems to be fully settled.

Interesting to see how adults handle things in a sport where coaches and universities have acted like toxic ex-girlfriends for a quarter century.
Ken Carson

Postby Teitan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:20 pm

He’ll always be the one that got away for UCF. Classy dude. I respect the hell out of him.
Teitan

Previous

Return to College Football/Draft Talk