UF Felony Fraud

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
UF Felony Fraud

Postby PanteraCanes » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:52 pm

So it looks like its going to get bad before it gets worse.

UF star Antonio Callaway, Jordan Scarlett among nine Gators facing felony fraud allegations

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/swamp-things-blog/os-sp-antonio-callaway-felony-charge-20170925-story.html

I am sure everyone on here has some idea what is going on. Though it is going beyond just the football team:

UF housing director suspected of $180k in credit card fraud

http://www.gainesville.com/news/20170918/uf-housing-director-suspected-of-180k-in-credit-card-fraud
PanteraCanes

Re: UF Felony Fraud

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:11 pm

Those guys are all done. Been removed from all team activity for a while already.

I suspect even if the players get through this legally (no felony conviction) none will play for an FBS school and will transfer to small schools to finish out their eligibility. But football is the last of their worries right now tbh.

Calloway might as well transfer now, kids a playmaker but been a problem off the field since he arrived in Gainesville.

Embarrassing :cry:
DreadNaught

Postby Noles1724 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:23 pm

I better never hear another thing about FSU/JCPenny's/FreeShoUniversity ever again from the gayton fanbase..
Noles1724

Postby PanteraCanes » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:25 pm

Noles1724 wrote:I better never hear another thing about FSU/JCPenny's/FreeShoUniversity ever again from the gayton fanbase..

You will. They are some right now trying to talk down Miami. Being in the middle of this doesn't even slow them down.
PanteraCanes

Postby doooshnzl » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:18 pm

I'll still bad mouth the Criminoles, It's part of the deal. But I am more than pissed at these UF scum bags. This team had a chance to be a decent team this year, but that's out largely due to these losers. I look forward to football season every year, as we all do, these jerkoffs sabatoge any chance this team had to be competitive. Wins like the last two weeks are about to come to a screeching halt, possibly this week in Gainesville.
doooshnzl

Postby Crocaneers » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:50 am

As much as it's sad , what I liked is Mac distanced himself in a hurry. No waiting , no excuses, no exceptions.

We can play the my convicts aren't as bad as your convict, but this was a good call. We knew quickly this was serious.

And somehow we move on
Crocaneers

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:11 pm

Do we have a full list of gator players that have been having off field problems?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Crocaneers » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:04 pm

receivers Antonio Callaway and Rick Wells; defensive linemen Jordan Smith, Keivonnis Davis and Richerd Desir-Jones; linebackers Ventrell Miller and James Houston IV, tailback Jordan Scarlett and offensive lineman Kadeem Telfort
Crocaneers

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:01 pm

Thanks, Croc.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby PanteraCanes » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:47 am

So loosely related to this, I guess in a press conference the UF coach was saying he was getting threats from fans. Supposedly when the reports pressed more into it he refused to say any more and also said he wasn't going to the police. When the admin/UAA at the school talked to him supposedly he refused to really give them details or comment?

Seems like the entire situation at UF is going to get uglier before it gets even uglier.
PanteraCanes

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:54 am

About to get real ugly vs Georgia this Saturday. I know this is a rivalry game and records don't matter, but I'd be surprised of we stay within 20points of UGA.
DreadNaught

Postby PanteraCanes » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:13 am

DreadNaught wrote:About to get real ugly vs Georgia this Saturday. I know this is a rivalry game and records don't matter, but I'd be surprised of we stay within 20points of UGA.

I still have no idea how they are keeping UGA interested in giving UF a virtual home game every year by playing in Jacksonville for that game.

I just have a feeling the Florida players and Coaches might have checked out by now. The way the head coach is handling the threats is making many think he might of just made it up for sympathy.
PanteraCanes

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:43 am

PanteraCanes wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:About to get real ugly vs Georgia this Saturday. I know this is a rivalry game and records don't matter, but I'd be surprised of we stay within 20points of UGA.

I still have no idea how they are keeping UGA interested in giving UF a virtual home game every year by playing in Jacksonville for that game.

I get Jacksonville is closer to Gainesville than Athens, but it's definitely not a home game inside that stadium for either team. The crowd is split and it's really cool to see. If you enjoy CFB and are not a fan of either team I would still HIGHLY recommend making to a UF-UGA game.

Despite UGA being a fierce rival (to the over 45 crowd UGA is still considered UF's biggest rival), the pregame fanfare is very pleasant.

This might be difficult for Cane fan to understand since they're a bunch of front runners that never experience what CFB is all about unless they play on the road in Tallahassee. ;)
DreadNaught

Postby deltbucs » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:39 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
PanteraCanes wrote:

I get Jacksonville is closer to Gainesville than Athens, but it's definitely not a home game inside that stadium for either team. The crowd is split and it's really cool to see. If you enjoy CFB and are not a fan of either team I would still HIGHLY recommend making to a UF-UGA game.

Despite UGA being a fierce rival (to the over 45 crowd UGA is still considered UF's biggest rival), the pregame fanfare is very pleasant.

This might be difficult for Cane fan to understand since they're a bunch of front runners that never experience what CFB is all about unless they play on the road in Tallahassee. ;)

As an FSU fan, I agree.
deltbucs

Postby PanteraCanes » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:52 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
PanteraCanes wrote:

All teams fanbases are front running. The ones that "aren't" just haven't had a long period of being really bad. At least that is my opinion on it. UFs fanbase probably pulls a lot from a cross section of the Bucs. The Bucs went from a huge waiting list that people would never make progress on to blacking out games due to poor attendance within a couple of years.

We use to get that collage experience more. Bobby Bowden put it best, UF and ND got scared and ran away from playing Miami. :D I find it really strange that the announcers harp on how far the stadium is away from the campus. From my understanding the student body is so small that even if every single one of them went it wouldn't make much difference. Also from my understanding (I have not fact checked it) the Dolphins stadium is at a better location to pull in a lot of people and handle all the traffic than the campus.

Looking up some of the history it seems its a bit of left over from when UF would play their home games in Jacksonville, Tampa, and Orlando. It is being kept because supposedly both schools make a lot of money for it. Football wise it is certainly an advantage for UF. Less travel and in the middle of their fanbase.
PanteraCanes

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:35 pm

I was just teasing about Cane fans. But their home games are nothing like what they should be considering the legacy/prestige of the program and they don't have an annual mixed crowd game like Texas-Oklahoma or UF-UGA.

I'd agree Jacksonville is more Gator than any other school, but there is alot of FSU and UGA fans there also.

Southeast Georgia is full of UGA fans that make the trip, and there will be more than usual this year with them doing so well. I think it's around a 5 hour drive from Athens to Jacksonville so the 'road trip' aspect isn't much imo. They're both away from their home stadium so it's a road game for both in that sense similar to the early season neutral site games we're seeing in Dallas and Atlanta.
DreadNaught

Postby PanteraCanes » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:18 pm

I have often wondered about teams in Florida in general having issues drawing crowds and keeping them. Several theories I have

1) Good weather year round and lots of options for your entertainment time and money. Thinking places like Green Bay don't have as many options for people to do on game days.
2) Large portion of the population come from other places and hold onto those other team allegiances. I think those get past down to the kids as well.
3) Local sports media seems to be really trying to make their mark and take down the local teams rather than build them up. At least when I use to listen to it. I got so tired of the negativity I couldn't keep up with it.
PanteraCanes

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:12 pm

PanteraCanes wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

All teams fanbases are front running. The ones that "aren't" just haven't had a long period of being really bad. At least that is my opinion on it. UFs fanbase probably pulls a lot from a cross section of the Bucs. The Bucs went from a huge waiting list that people would never make progress on to blacking out games due to poor attendance within a couple of years.

We use to get that collage experience more. Bobby Bowden put it best, UF and ND got scared and ran away from playing Miami. :D I find it really strange that the announcers harp on how far the stadium is away from the campus. From my understanding the student body is so small that even if every single one of them went it wouldn't make much difference. Also from my understanding (I have not fact checked it) the Dolphins stadium is at a better location to pull in a lot of people and handle all the traffic than the campus.

Looking up some of the history it seems its a bit of left over from when UF would play their home games in Jacksonville, Tampa, and Orlando. It is being kept because supposedly both schools make a lot of money for it. Football wise it is certainly an advantage for UF. Less travel and in the middle of their fanbase.

Fan bases of NFL teams are front running. It's just the opposite of college teams for the most part. A team like South Carolina, who has never really had any level of real success, travels well, sells out games, etc. It's all over the country. People are more invested in their CFB fandom... for the most part.
uscbucsfan

Postby deltbucs » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:56 am

PanteraCanes wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Yeah...that long waiting list was definitely bullshit.
deltbucs

Return to College Football/Draft Talk