College Football Playoff

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby NavyBuc » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:34 am

Super K wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:A 1 loss Bama would be left out if Wisc and Oklahoma win out and the Winner of Miami/Clemson doesn't take a loss this week. A 1 loss Bama will get in over Ohio State or USCw.

IF that Bama loss is a a "bad" one...

A loss of 10 points or less and Bama is in...doesn't matter what anyone else does..

I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just saying that's how it works...

Bama will get in over 2-loss Ohio State for sure. I think the SEC Champ, Oklahoma, Wisconsin and ACC Champ is a lock (assuming Miami or Clemson doesn't slip up this weekend). I think Alabama only gets in as a 1-loss ONLY if Oklahoma or Wisconsin were to lose next week.

I still want to see the scenario of Bama and Miami winning out, TCU beating Oklahoma and Ohio State beating Wiconsin. You could have complete chaos like never before seen in college football if you have to choose two spots between a 2-loss Ohio State, 2-loss Clemson, 2-loss Notre Dame, 2-loss USC, 2-loss Penn State, 2-loss TCU, 2-loss Georgia and 2-loss Oklahoma. Good luck with that one.
NavyBuc

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:02 pm

Super K wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:A 1 loss Bama would be left out if Wisc and Oklahoma win out and the Winner of Miami/Clemson doesn't take a loss this week. A 1 loss Bama will get in over Ohio State or USCw.

A loss of 10 points or less and Bama is in...doesn't matter what anyone else does..

I don't think you are correct. If they lose to Auburn, by even 1 point there are a ton of scenarios they don't get in. Bama has a poor SOS. Them being undefeated in the SEC and Bama is why they are 1. If they lose to Auburn they will not get in over: The SEC Champ winner, a 1 loss oklahoma, A 1 loss Clemson or undefeated Miami (I think a 1 loss Miami has a better chance than if Bama lost to Auburn), or an undefeated Wisconsin all would be above a 1 loss Bama. Of course there are many things that could happen to get them in, but the committee will only go 2 from a conference if it is the obvious answer.
Last edited by uscbucsfan on Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uscbucsfan

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:03 pm

NavyBuc wrote:
Super K wrote:

Bama will get in over 2-loss Ohio State for sure. I think the SEC Champ, Oklahoma, Wisconsin and ACC Champ is a lock (assuming Miami or Clemson doesn't slip up this weekend). I think Alabama only gets in as a 1-loss ONLY if Oklahoma or Wisconsin were to lose next week.

Should have just quoted this. Sorry.
uscbucsfan

Postby Alpha » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:13 am

Kress wrote:It just now occurred to me that Alabama can't lose twice. If they lose to Auburn this weekend, they don't go to the SEC championship. If they win, their only potential loss would be to Georgia in said championship.

So we are AT WORST going to be talking about a one loss Alabama, with that only loss being to either Auburn or Georgia. Egads. They're 75% in as of today. Maybe more.

Riddle me this:

As of TODAY...who has Alabama actually beat?

As of tomorrow, who have they beat? A 2 loss (then a THREE LOSS) Auburn team?

They beat FSU...and so has everyone else.

LSU? Pfft...

Alabama is OVER-RATED.
Alpha

Postby Four Verticals » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:27 am

A 1 loss to Auburn 'Bama team getting in would depend on what happened in the SEC championship game at the very least. They wouldn't be in automatically. If Georgia beat Auburn they would probably get in over Alabama. Auburn wins vs. Georgia and they are in. Right now there's so many variables you can put together a matrix in which Bama also gets in but other matrices in which they have no shot with a loss.

Wisconsin beats PSU, Clemson beats Miami (and South Carolina), Oklahoma beats WVU and TCU plus the SEC winner and Alabama isn't in. Miami wins the ACC and they probably just replace Clemson.
Four Verticals

Postby NavyBuc » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:35 am

Still praying for that TCU win next week. That's the ticket to complete playoff chaos, especially if Bama also wins out. Heard Galloway talking about that possible scenario last night and said the playoff committee are on their hands and knees praying for Oklahoma next week.
NavyBuc

Postby Four Verticals » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:11 pm

NavyBuc wrote:Still praying for that TCU win next week. That's the ticket to complete playoff chaos, especially if Bama also wins out. Heard Galloway talking about that possible scenario last night and said the playoff committee are on their hands and knees praying for Oklahoma next week.

Oklahoma over TCU is no lock either. Beating them twice within a month is going to be difficult.
Four Verticals

Postby Phantom Phenom » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:29 pm

Nick Saban says Alabama deserves chance to get in playoff despite loss

Ummm no
Phantom Phenom

Postby uscbucsfan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:30 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:Nick Saban says Alabama deserves chance to get in playoff despite loss

Ummm no

They'll only get in if Wisconsin and/or Oklahoma lose. I hope they don't.
uscbucsfan

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:48 pm

Saban knows he's getting in the playoff. He just wanted his boys to not have to play that extra SEC Championship game. Watch Alabama get in. Mark my words. Remember the committee picks who they think is the best team, conference champion or not.
Bootz2004

Postby uscbucsfan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:51 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:Saban knows he's getting in the playoff. He just wanted his boys to not have to play that extra SEC Championship game. Watch Alabama get in. Mark my words. Remember the committee picks who they think is the best team, conference champion or not.

You're saying he threw the game and knows other teams are going to lose so they can get in?
uscbucsfan

Postby Super K » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:58 pm

Bama will be #4 in the new rankings...

Because they're Bama...
Super K

Postby Four Verticals » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:12 pm

NavyBuc wrote:
Bama will get in over 2-loss Ohio State for sure.

Don't agree....particularly with the "for sure" part.

OSU would have beaten Penn State, Michigan St and Wisconsin as a #5 ranked team. One of OSU's losses was to a likely playoff team. They have a second conference loss. They will be conference champion.

Bama has beaten Miss St and LSU and lost to a likely playoff team. They beat everyone else. They will not be conference champion.

I think that last point would be the difference.
Four Verticals

Postby Crocaneers » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:13 pm

The BCS loves the controversy, and if Bama gets in past ..... say Wisconsin (which I just don't see) they would love it

As of now I say

Clemson
Oklahoma
Wisconsin
Auburn
Crocaneers

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:15 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:Saban knows he's getting in the playoff. He just wanted his boys to not have to play that extra SEC Championship game. Watch Alabama get in. Mark my words. Remember the committee picks who they think is the best team, conference champion or not.

You're saying he threw the game and knows other teams are going to lose so they can get in?

No. He knows his team is 1 of the best 4 in the country. He knows how this committee works as well. They don't just operate off of wins/losses, conference champions, head to head matchups. They pick who they believe the best teams are. Can't name 4 teams better than Bama.
Bootz2004

Postby uscbucsfan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:29 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:You're saying he threw the game and knows other teams are going to lose so they can get in?

No. He knows his team is 1 of the best 4 in the country. He knows how this committee works as well. They don't just operate off of wins/losses, conference champions, head to head matchups. They pick who they believe the best teams are. Can't name 4 teams better than Bama.

If Wisconsin and Oklahoma win they aren't getting in. No way he lost that on purpose. If that's what you were seriously saying, it's ridiculous.

If you are just saying he's confident because he has a chance, I can see that. I'd bet on them not making it as of now. They no longer control their destiny. They need help.
uscbucsfan

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:08 pm

So what did Saban do to make sure his boys didn’t have to play that extra SEC Championship game?
PrimeMinister

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:15 pm

Here we go....
Zarniwoop

Postby Alpha » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:37 am

Zarniwoop wrote:Here we go....

Wisconsin
Clemson
Auburn
Oklahoma

Ohio State
Miami
UGA
UCF
USC
Alabama

Sound about right?

These teams all play each other next week, so the **** will shake out by then.

Just look at the NON-FINAL 4 games...

Ohio State/USC
Miami/UCF

--------
Alpha

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:15 am

PrimeMinister wrote:

So what did Saban do to make sure his boys didn’t have to play that extra SEC Championship game?

Not his best coached game. But just wait and see. Bama is getting in.
Bootz2004

Postby Teitan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:25 am

Aren’t you the guy that calls people idiots and casuals for insisting that a team might tank or throw games?
Teitan

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:44 am

Teitan wrote:Aren’t you the guy that calls people idiots and casuals for insisting that a team might tank or throw games?

Wrong. Bigger picture here, if you're smart enough to keep up, Bama is getting in the playoff.
Bootz2004

Postby Teitan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:06 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Teitan wrote:Aren’t you the guy that calls people idiots and casuals for insisting that a team might tank or throw games?

Wrong. Bigger picture here, if you're smart enough to keep up, Bama is getting in the playoff.

Oh ok so this time it fits your narrative. Gotcha, *****.
Teitan

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:19 pm

Teitan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Oh ok so this time it fits your narrative. Gotcha, *****.

Did you really expect different? Words only matter...when they matter.

Thus...

Zarniwoop wrote:Here we go....
Zarniwoop

Postby StillCSG » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:35 pm

The ONLY chance Alabama has to get into the playoff is if
Wisconsin loses the B10

Oklahoma,SEC and ACC winners are in

You can't make a case for Alabama to get in with that soft ass schedule
StillCSG

Postby Super K » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:40 pm

I think Bama gets in because I don't trust the committee to do the right thing..not at all..

Now, **** can happen allowing their decision to be easier (ie Wisconsin losing) but even with a badger win I still see the Tide in..

Too much brand name..too much cred...not warranted (**** Bama)..but it shouldn't come as a surprise..

Hell, they were a no questions asked #1 while having a worse SOS ranking than Wisky...
Super K

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:46 pm

StillCSG wrote:The ONLY chance Alabama has to get into the playoff is if
Wisconsin loses the B10

Oklahoma,SEC and ACC winners are in

You can't make a case for Alabama to get in with that soft ass schedule

This committee will find a way. Always does. And a 1 loss Alabama is still better than 98% of college football teams.
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:53 pm

Super K wrote:I think Bama gets in because I don't trust the committee to do the right thing..not at all..

Now, **** can happen allowing their decision to be easier (ie Wisconsin losing) but even with a badger win I still see the Tide in..

Too much brand name..too much cred...not warranted (**** Bama)..but it shouldn't come as a surprise..

Hell, they were a no questions asked #1 while having a worse SOS ranking than Wisky...

Exactly. And this is all I'm saying. People are kidding themselves if they expect this committee to all of a sudden act as if this is an even playing field. They haven't done that since this system began a couple of years ago. The formula and parameters change almost weekly. Conference champions aren't guaranteed to get in. The committee has made that well known.
Bootz2004

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:42 pm

No chance Bama gets in if Clemson, Oklahoma and Wisc win.

Zero. Nada. Zilch

I can see them getting in ahead of a one loss Miami if Miami beats Clemson
Zarniwoop

Postby NavyBuc » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 pm

StillCSG wrote:The ONLY chance Alabama has to get into the playoff is if
Wisconsin loses the B10

Or Oklahoma loses to TCU.

That being said, put a full strength Alabama team on the field with Wisconsin and they'd beat the living **** out of them kinda like they did to Washington in the semifinals last year.
NavyBuc

PreviousNext

Return to College Football/Draft Talk