College football playoff poll.

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
post

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby Phantom Phenom » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:07 am

if Auburn beat both Georgia and Alabama

then win SEC championship game

Tigers will be in top 4 playoff
User avatar
Phantom Phenom
 
Posts: 3086
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:48 pm
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby Alpha » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:54 pm

Here ya go kids. Read it and weep"

1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) Oklahoma
4) Miami

Oklahoma will get TCU again on a neutral field.

Miami and Clemson will play for the ACC title

Alabama still has Auburn (and assuming they win), Georgia.


This is gonna end in chaos. Mark my words. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we have multiple 2 loss teams getting in over undefeated teams. It's not I would do personally but I could see it happening.
Alpha
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am
Location: St. Pete
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby KiffininCanton » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:41 am

Alpha wrote:Here ya go kids. Read it and weep"

1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) Oklahoma
4) Miami

Oklahoma will get TCU again on a neutral field.

Miami and Clemson will play for the ACC title

Alabama still has Auburn (and assuming they win), Georgia.


This is gonna end in chaos. Mark my words. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we have multiple 2 loss teams getting in over undefeated teams. It's not I would do personally but I could see it happening.


unless you're referring to UCF, that seems to be hyperbole (especially with undefeated teams being plural). No Power 5 conference undefeated has any chance of getting passed over by a two loss team other than maybe Wisconsin. And I'm not sure that is going to happen. A hypothetical win over Ohio State in the Big Ten title game will boost their resume. Only 2 loss team I could see passing them in that scenario is a 2 loss Auburn team with 2 wins over Georgia and a win over Alabama.
KiffininCanton
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:34 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby Alpha » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:15 am

KiffininCanton wrote:
Alpha wrote:Here ya go kids. Read it and weep"

1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) Oklahoma
4) Miami

Oklahoma will get TCU again on a neutral field.

Miami and Clemson will play for the ACC title

Alabama still has Auburn (and assuming they win), Georgia.


This is gonna end in chaos. Mark my words. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we have multiple 2 loss teams getting in over undefeated teams. It's not I would do personally but I could see it happening.


unless you're referring to UCF, that seems to be hyperbole (especially with undefeated teams being plural). No Power 5 conference undefeated has any chance of getting passed over by a two loss team other than maybe Wisconsin. And I'm not sure that is going to happen. A hypothetical win over Ohio State in the Big Ten title game will boost their resume. Only 2 loss team I could see passing them in that scenario is a 2 loss Auburn team with 2 wins over Georgia and a win over Alabama.


As I also mentioned, it's not "how I would do it personally"...but I could see an undefeated Wisconsin getting passed over. I could even see Miami getting passed over (specifically if Clemson shits the bed again).

Never forget how much of an SEC bias there still is. Granted the 1 point Georgia win over Notre Dame doesn't look so impressive any longer but it DID until about an hour ago. The SEC beats the **** out of each other in the same way the Big10 does and in a different way than the Big12 does, yet people still feel like the SEC does it in a more "impressive" way? Don't understand the logic but it happens. Watch the Alabama/Miss St. game and explain to my why Alabama's defense is so "impressive" because they didn't look that impressive to me. And Miss St. is no offensive juggernaut. Hell...ND beat the **** out of everyone they've played as well (excluding UGA)...that didn't mean they were a great team.

And I do think UCF is getting short-changed right now. As of TODAY, UCF is a top 10 team. They win their conference championship and you put a 2 loss team in OVER them?! I just don't get it.

Maybe I just look at it differently. I weight being undefeated and a conference champion much much more than playing in a (perceived) "tough" conference. There are people seriously talking about the SEC having TWO teams in the final 4. That's just absurd.

Notre Dame is a unique circumstance but you can't help but look at their schedule and say that a 2 loss ND team has been just as (or more) impressive than a 2 loss Auburn team or a 1 loss Oklahoma team. ND schedule is ****ing suicide.

Personally...I would LOVE to see the bullshit that ensues when UCF AND Wisconsin go undefeated and a 2 loss team get's in, while they don't.
Alpha
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am
Location: St. Pete
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby Alpha » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:17 am

KiffininCanton wrote:
Alpha wrote:Here ya go kids. Read it and weep"

1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) Oklahoma
4) Miami

Oklahoma will get TCU again on a neutral field.

Miami and Clemson will play for the ACC title

Alabama still has Auburn (and assuming they win), Georgia.


This is gonna end in chaos. Mark my words. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we have multiple 2 loss teams getting in over undefeated teams. It's not I would do personally but I could see it happening.


unless you're referring to UCF, that seems to be hyperbole (especially with undefeated teams being plural). No Power 5 conference undefeated has any chance of getting passed over by a two loss team other than maybe Wisconsin. And I'm not sure that is going to happen. A hypothetical win over Ohio State in the Big Ten title game will boost their resume. Only 2 loss team I could see passing them in that scenario is a 2 loss Auburn team with 2 wins over Georgia and a win over Alabama.


And a Wisconsin win over a 2 loss OSU might be impressive to you but I'd argue it isn't. At all. An undefeated Wisconsin should expect to beat a 2 loss ANYBODY.
Alpha
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am
Location: St. Pete
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby Cheb » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:12 am

All of these debates would be moot if there was an eight team playoff. Every conference winner from the Power 5 would automatically get a spot, the last three would be at-large committee selections.

Let's do this.
Image
Cheb
 
Posts: 2361
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Location: West Coast
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 203 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:48 am

Cheb wrote:All of these debates would be moot if there was an eight team playoff. Every conference winner from the Power 5 would automatically get a spot, the last three would be at-large committee selections.

Let's do this.

This will happen eventually.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 8276
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Has thanked: 85 times
Been thanked: 481 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby NavyBuc » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:04 am

Despite Wisconsin's super easy schedule, they're now in the playoff if they win out. There still could be a TON of chaos if Oklahoma loses the Big 12 title and Wisconsin loses the Big 10 title. Then teams like USC and even Ohio State could be back in the picture. Or UCF could be given a look, although I don't think there's a chance in hell the playoff committee would ever put a non-power 5 school in the playoff.

Btw, watching Miami-Notre Dame last night reminded me of the old Bucs defense. A high powered offense comes in and everyone says they can't be stopped, but then a team with physicality and speed who can smack them in the mouth goes up against them and shuts them down. Defense always wins and that rang true in that Miami game.

As for what I think the top 10 will look like:
1) Bama
2) Miami
3) Clemson
4) Oklahoma
5) Wisconsin
6) Auburn
7) Georgia
8) Ohio State
9) Notre Dame
10) USC

Funny thing about those rankings is numbers 7 through 10 all the snot beat out of them at one point in their season.
NavyBuc
 
Posts: 944
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:07 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby Teitan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:43 am

Alpha wrote:
KiffininCanton wrote:
unless you're referring to UCF, that seems to be hyperbole (especially with undefeated teams being plural). No Power 5 conference undefeated has any chance of getting passed over by a two loss team other than maybe Wisconsin. And I'm not sure that is going to happen. A hypothetical win over Ohio State in the Big Ten title game will boost their resume. Only 2 loss team I could see passing them in that scenario is a 2 loss Auburn team with 2 wins over Georgia and a win over Alabama.


As I also mentioned, it's not "how I would do it personally"...but I could see an undefeated Wisconsin getting passed over. I could even see Miami getting passed over (specifically if Clemson shits the bed again).

Never forget how much of an SEC bias there still is. Granted the 1 point Georgia win over Notre Dame doesn't look so impressive any longer but it DID until about an hour ago. The SEC beats the **** out of each other in the same way the Big10 does and in a different way than the Big12 does, yet people still feel like the SEC does it in a more "impressive" way? Don't understand the logic but it happens. Watch the Alabama/Miss St. game and explain to my why Alabama's defense is so "impressive" because they didn't look that impressive to me. And Miss St. is no offensive juggernaut. Hell...ND beat the **** out of everyone they've played as well (excluding UGA)...that didn't mean they were a great team.

And I do think UCF is getting short-changed right now. As of TODAY, UCF is a top 10 team. They win their conference championship and you put a 2 loss team in OVER them?! I just don't get it.

Maybe I just look at it differently. I weight being undefeated and a conference champion much much more than playing in a (perceived) "tough" conference. There are people seriously talking about the SEC having TWO teams in the final 4. That's just absurd.

Notre Dame is a unique circumstance but you can't help but look at their schedule and say that a 2 loss ND team has been just as (or more) impressive than a 2 loss Auburn team or a 1 loss Oklahoma team. ND schedule is ****ing suicide.

Personally...I would LOVE to see the bullshit that ensues when UCF AND Wisconsin go undefeated and a 2 loss team get's in, while they don't.


It’s definitely bullshit. You win every game on your schedule you deserve to be in the mix. And they didn’t just luck into wins. The destroyed almost every team.

The playoff needs to be expanded.
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 2796
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 156 times
Been thanked: 114 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby Super K » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:27 am

Teitan wrote:
Alpha wrote:
As I also mentioned, it's not "how I would do it personally"...but I could see an undefeated Wisconsin getting passed over. I could even see Miami getting passed over (specifically if Clemson shits the bed again).

Never forget how much of an SEC bias there still is. Granted the 1 point Georgia win over Notre Dame doesn't look so impressive any longer but it DID until about an hour ago. The SEC beats the **** out of each other in the same way the Big10 does and in a different way than the Big12 does, yet people still feel like the SEC does it in a more "impressive" way? Don't understand the logic but it happens. Watch the Alabama/Miss St. game and explain to my why Alabama's defense is so "impressive" because they didn't look that impressive to me. And Miss St. is no offensive juggernaut. Hell...ND beat the **** out of everyone they've played as well (excluding UGA)...that didn't mean they were a great team.

And I do think UCF is getting short-changed right now. As of TODAY, UCF is a top 10 team. They win their conference championship and you put a 2 loss team in OVER them?! I just don't get it.

Maybe I just look at it differently. I weight being undefeated and a conference champion much much more than playing in a (perceived) "tough" conference. There are people seriously talking about the SEC having TWO teams in the final 4. That's just absurd.

Notre Dame is a unique circumstance but you can't help but look at their schedule and say that a 2 loss ND team has been just as (or more) impressive than a 2 loss Auburn team or a 1 loss Oklahoma team. ND schedule is ****ing suicide.

Personally...I would LOVE to see the bullshit that ensues when UCF AND Wisconsin go undefeated and a 2 loss team get's in, while they don't.


It’s definitely bullshit. You win every game on your schedule you deserve to be in the mix. And they didn’t just luck into wins. The destroyed almost every team.

The playoff needs to be expanded.


Yep...
Super K
 
Posts: 4915
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby uscbucsfan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:06 am

Teitan wrote:
Alpha wrote:
As I also mentioned, it's not "how I would do it personally"...but I could see an undefeated Wisconsin getting passed over. I could even see Miami getting passed over (specifically if Clemson shits the bed again).

Never forget how much of an SEC bias there still is. Granted the 1 point Georgia win over Notre Dame doesn't look so impressive any longer but it DID until about an hour ago. The SEC beats the **** out of each other in the same way the Big10 does and in a different way than the Big12 does, yet people still feel like the SEC does it in a more "impressive" way? Don't understand the logic but it happens. Watch the Alabama/Miss St. game and explain to my why Alabama's defense is so "impressive" because they didn't look that impressive to me. And Miss St. is no offensive juggernaut. Hell...ND beat the **** out of everyone they've played as well (excluding UGA)...that didn't mean they were a great team.

And I do think UCF is getting short-changed right now. As of TODAY, UCF is a top 10 team. They win their conference championship and you put a 2 loss team in OVER them?! I just don't get it.

Maybe I just look at it differently. I weight being undefeated and a conference champion much much more than playing in a (perceived) "tough" conference. There are people seriously talking about the SEC having TWO teams in the final 4. That's just absurd.

Notre Dame is a unique circumstance but you can't help but look at their schedule and say that a 2 loss ND team has been just as (or more) impressive than a 2 loss Auburn team or a 1 loss Oklahoma team. ND schedule is ****ing suicide.

Personally...I would LOVE to see the bullshit that ensues when UCF AND Wisconsin go undefeated and a 2 loss team get's in, while they don't.


It’s definitely bullshit. You win every game on your schedule you deserve to be in the mix. And they didn’t just luck into wins. The destroyed almost every team.

The playoff needs to be expanded.


I can agree with Wisconsin if they win out, but not UCF. Unless they have some sort of automatic spot for the group of 6, even if it expanded to 8 UCF wouldn't get in. There will always be that next group of teams that people will argue about and people will want to expand it more.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 2237
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby Ken Carson » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:28 am

The stupid thing about an individual football season is that history has as much to do with rankings as the current season in some cases. If LSU is 7-3, with wins over only teams with no winning records and has 3 blowout losses, they will likely be ranked higher than an 8-2 Colorado State team or something.

What UCF is doing on the field this season is as impressive as anyone in the country.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2357
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 140 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby uscbucsfan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:42 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
What UCF is doing on the field this season is as impressive as anyone in the country.


What are we really even arguing here? Do you honestly believe UCF deserves to be in the playoff? If so, I would say most disagree with you.

If they keep winning they will get a New Years Day Bowl and maybe momentum to join a P5 conference in the future.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 2237
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby KiffininCanton » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:08 pm

Alpha wrote:
KiffininCanton wrote:
unless you're referring to UCF, that seems to be hyperbole (especially with undefeated teams being plural). No Power 5 conference undefeated has any chance of getting passed over by a two loss team other than maybe Wisconsin. And I'm not sure that is going to happen. A hypothetical win over Ohio State in the Big Ten title game will boost their resume. Only 2 loss team I could see passing them in that scenario is a 2 loss Auburn team with 2 wins over Georgia and a win over Alabama.


And a Wisconsin win over a 2 loss OSU might be impressive to you but I'd argue it isn't. At all. An undefeated Wisconsin should expect to beat a 2 loss ANYBODY.


my point about a win over OSU is it would enhance their resume. Right now their best win is a home win against a 6-4 Iowa team. A neutral field win against a Ohio State team that would likely finish 10-3 would by far be their best win, even if it's not typical top 5 OSU.
KiffininCanton
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:34 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby KiffininCanton » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:13 pm

Cheb wrote:All of these debates would be moot if there was an eight team playoff. Every conference winner from the Power 5 would automatically get a spot, the last three would be at-large committee selections.

Let's do this.


go to 8 teams, suddenly you water down the field enough where some of the biggest games of the year don't matter or matter as much, because both teams know they are in the playoff regardless (see the big Ohio State-Michigan game last year) or the game doesn't have the urgency because teams know they are playing with a mulligan.
KiffininCanton
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:34 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:19 pm

4 teams is plenty.

If the non power 5 teams want to make it, they better schedule at least 2 top 20 OOC games on the road
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 2355
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 87 times
Been thanked: 161 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby uscbucsfan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:36 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:4 teams is plenty.

If the non power 5 teams want to make it, they better schedule at least 2 top 20 OOC games on the road

99% of the time there are 2 clear best teams and 4 is too much. Like I said before, if you go to 8, people will want 16.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 2237
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby Ken Carson » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:44 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:
What UCF is doing on the field this season is as impressive as anyone in the country.


What are we really even arguing here? Do you honestly believe UCF deserves to be in the playoff? If so, I would say most disagree with you.

If they keep winning they will get a New Years Day Bowl and maybe momentum to join a P5 conference in the future.


I'm arguing that the measuring stick used against them (conference affiliation) is based on history, not the current season. The B1G is down this year. Ohio State isn't a top 10 team. Iowa isn't a top 25 team. Michigan State isn't a top 15 team. I could go on and on.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2357
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 140 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby Alpha » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:53 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:4 teams is plenty.

If the non power 5 teams want to make it, they better schedule at least 2 top 20 OOC games on the road



Unfortunately, there's no way to guarantee this.

I'm sure Alabama thought FSU was going to be a very good team a few years back, when the game was scheduled. Who knew that win would be nearly meaningless.

You can only win the games on your schedule. That said, (relative) strength of schedule should count for something. And I emphasize "relative". Just because you racked up a win against Kentucky doesn't mean it's a great win simply because it's an SEC school.

UFC goes undefeated, they've beaten a good USF team and a good Memphis (win over UCLA) team. In my view, that's more impressive than "Random SEC/Big10/12 school" with 2 losses, losing to conference opponents that may or may not be any good.
Alpha
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am
Location: St. Pete
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:55 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:4 teams is plenty.

If the non power 5 teams want to make it, they better schedule at least 2 top 20 OOC games on the road

99% of the time there are 2 clear best teams and 4 is too much. Like I said before, if you go to 8, people will want 16.

And if you go 16, people will want 32!
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 8276
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Has thanked: 85 times
Been thanked: 481 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby Kress » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:30 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:99% of the time there are 2 clear best teams and 4 is too much. Like I said before, if you go to 8, people will want 16.

And if you go 16, people will want 32!



Size doesn't matter.
User avatar
Kress
 
Posts: 3003
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:26 pm
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 190 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby uscbucsfan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:52 pm

Kress wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:And if you go 16, people will want 32!



Size doesn't matter.


bigly.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 2237
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby Teitan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:55 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:99% of the time there are 2 clear best teams and 4 is too much. Like I said before, if you go to 8, people will want 16.

And if you go 16, people will want 32!



Let’s just make the entire season a bracket.
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 2796
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 156 times
Been thanked: 114 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby Phantom Phenom » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:03 pm

update:

1.Alabama
2.Clemson
3.Miami
4.Oklahoma


Friday, Dec. 29

8:30 p.m. ET: Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic: No. 9 Ohio State vs. No. 8 Notre Dame (AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas)

Saturday, Dec. 30


4 p.m. ET: PlayStation Fiesta Bowl: No. 11 USC vs. No. 5 Wisconsin (University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona)

8 p.m. ET: Capital One Orange Bowl: No. 19 NC State vs. No. 6 Auburn (Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida)

Monday, Jan. 1

12:30 p.m. ET: Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl: No. 15 UCF vs. No. 7 Georgia (Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta)

5 p.m. ET: College Football Playoff Semifinal at the Rose Bowl Game Presented by Northwestern Mutual: No. 3 Miami vs. No. 2 Clemson (Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California)

8:45 p.m. ET: College Football Playoff Semifinal at the Allstate Sugar Bowl: No. 4 Oklahoma vs. No. 1 Alabama (Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans)

Monday, Jan. 8

8 p.m. ET: College Football Playoff National Championship Presented by AT&T (Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta)
Last edited by Phantom Phenom on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Phantom Phenom
 
Posts: 3086
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:48 pm
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby Teitan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:04 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:update:

1.Alabama
2.Clemson
3.Miami
4.Oklahoma

.....

15. UCF
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 2796
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 156 times
Been thanked: 114 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby Phantom Phenom » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:05 pm

Teitan wrote:
Phantom Phenom wrote:update:

1.Alabama
2.Clemson
3.Miami
4.Oklahoma

.....

15. UCF



new year six,
User avatar
Phantom Phenom
 
Posts: 3086
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:48 pm
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:06 pm

Rankings Seem reasonable
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 2355
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 87 times
Been thanked: 161 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:17 pm

Teitan wrote:
Phantom Phenom wrote:update:

1.Alabama
2.Clemson
3.Miami
4.Oklahoma

.....

15. UCF


At least you moved up 3 spots, right?
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 2237
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby Alpha » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:44 pm

Cheb wrote:All of these debates would be moot if there was an eight team playoff. Every conference winner from the Power 5 would automatically get a spot, the last three would be at-large committee selections.

Let's do this.



Here's where we disagree.

You make it an 8 team...and # 9 is bitching about being excluded.

My thought is simply this:

If you're undefeated, you have a right to gripe. If you've lost a game...tough ****. Win them all and then bitch. You didn't. If you get passed over, THAT'S WHY.

This year...we're gonna have TWO LOSS TEAMS complaining that they were excluded.

**** THAT.

8 teams aren't gonna help the situation. Keep it where it is. It's an imperfect system but it's as good as it's gonna get.
Alpha
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am
Location: St. Pete
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: College football playoff poll.

Postby Doctor » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:34 am

I'm all for 8 teams. As long as undefeated teams have no shot at a championship college football will continue to be a rigged joke. A team literally beat everyone on their schedule, you can't ask any more of them than that. And don't give me the "schedule tougher opponents" bullshit. No big name school will risk taking an L by actually playing against a surprisingly tough and scrappy smaller school. If they lose it's a huge blow to their whole season, if they win people will just shrug it off like "meh, they were supposed to win, I mean it is X School after all". Too much to lose, too little to gain. Tell them that little undefeated X school is going to take their spot in the playoffs and you'll see bigger school taking that risk in order to deal that smaller school an L.
Image
User avatar
Doctor
 
Posts: 4036
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Out of the Office. Will return next Fall.
Has thanked: 178 times
Been thanked: 107 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to College Football/Draft Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Kress and 7 guests