Upset Alert:

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Re: Upset Alert:

Postby Phantom Phenom » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:33 pm

Tennessee at Alabama (-34.5, 50)
Michigan at Penn State (-10, 42.5)
Kansas at TCU (-37.5, 60.5)
Maryland at Wisconsin (-24, 53.5)
Syracuse at Miami (-14.5, 58)
Oklahoma at Kansas State (+12.5, 56.5)
Oklahoma State at Texas (+7.5, 64)
Southern California at Notre Dame (-3.5, 61)
North Carolina at Virginia Tech (-21, 51)
Colorado at Washington State (-10.5, 56)
South Florida at Tulane (-12.5, 55)
Indiana at Michigan State (-7, 44.5)
Central Florida at Navy (+8.5, 65.5)
Auburn at Arkansas (+14.5, 54.5)
West Virginia at Baylor (+9, 69.5)
LSU at Ole Miss (+6.5, 58.5)
Memphis at Houston (-3, 61)
Phantom Phenom

Postby Alpha » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:52 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:Tennessee at Alabama (-34.5, 50)
Michigan at Penn State (-10, 42.5)
Kansas at TCU (-37.5, 60.5)
Maryland at Wisconsin (-24, 53.5)
Syracuse at Miami (-14.5, 58)
Oklahoma at Kansas State (+12.5, 56.5)
Oklahoma State at Texas (+7.5, 64)
Southern California at Notre Dame (-3.5, 61)
North Carolina at Virginia Tech (-21, 51)
Colorado at Washington State (-10.5, 56)
South Florida at Tulane (-12.5, 55)
Indiana at Michigan State (-7, 44.5)
Central Florida at Navy (+8.5, 65.5)
Auburn at Arkansas (+14.5, 54.5)
West Virginia at Baylor (+9, 69.5)
LSU at Ole Miss (+6.5, 58.5)
Memphis at Houston (-3, 61)

Disregarding the spread:

I think Syracuse will be a popular choice...considering their performance last week. That said...on the road...big letdown. Miami rolls.

I'm looking at USC/ND

My head and eyes tell me ND is a damn good team and should win this game. The pundits and some of y'all (MJW, et. al.) are telling me Darnold is the real deal and I haven't seen it. It's also a revenge game for USC. On the road. And USC NEEDS this win.

Put up or shut up Darnold.

UCF@NAVY

Navy doesn't suck...and they run the triple option that gives unprepared teams, fits. The over/under on this game is +65 or some crazy ****. IF UCF had played (and beaten) Ga. Tech earlier in the year (game was cancelled), I would like their chances a lot better. They didn't. And I don't. I like Navy.

Michigan/PSU

I said I was staying away from the spread...but I don't like giving Michigan 10 points here. I think it's too much against a very, very good Michigan defense. I could easily see this game going down to the wire and PSU scoring late to tie/cover the spread. If I were still a betting man, I'd stay far, far away from this game. I think PSU wins this game...and it's probably something like 20-10...24-10. One of those games that will make you want to throw your tv out of the window, with some last second, back-door cover. OR Michigan scoring a defensive TD to cover the 10. Ugh...I'm too old for games like this.
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:07 am

Something about this doesn't seem quite right to me.

What do you like better...the over or 'Bama covering the spread because if Alabama covers, this is going over 50.

Tennessee has the athletes to hang in this game. I don't know if they have the coaching but they have the talent.

I like over 50 and Tennessee +34.5.

This seems like an obscene amount of points to give a non-terrible team.
Alpha

Postby acmillis » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:36 am

Alpha wrote:

What do you like better...the over or 'Bama covering the spread because if Alabama covers, this is going over 50.

Tennessee has the athletes to hang in this game. I don't know if they have the coaching but they have the talent.

Disagree. Their last three games (UT) has scored 17, 0, 9. I could easily see this being 42-0, 38-7, something like that. I'd personally take the over and Bama cover, but I wouldn't put money on it.
acmillis

Postby Alpha » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:14 pm

acmillis wrote:
Alpha wrote:

Disagree. Their last three games (UT) has scored 17, 0, 9. I could easily see this being 42-0, 38-7, something like that. I'd personally take the over and Bama cover, but I wouldn't put money on it.

To me, that screams coaching as opposed to talent.

Hasn't Tennessee had some outstanding recruiting classes over the last couple of years?

Meh...don't really have a dog in the fight.
Alpha

Postby Phantom Phenom » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:10 am

I smell 3 upsets today

Stay tuned
Phantom Phenom

Postby deltbucs » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:13 am

Damn....There was some easy money to be made today. FSU is a 6-7 point favorite against Lou. I would have guessed it'd be the other way around. FSU has been absolutely terrible at stopping option/running QB's since Charles Kelly took over on the defensive side. Add to that the fact that we have an 18 year old QB and an OL that can't protect him. I wouldn't be surprised to see a blowout for Lou.
deltbucs

Postby Super K » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:21 pm

Holy hell there is something really wrong in Tally...

Good thing Jimbo has the $40mill buyout ensuring that things stay the same for the next decade or so..
Super K

Postby deltbucs » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:29 pm

Super K wrote:Holy hell there is something really wrong in Tally...

Good thing Jimbo has the $40mill buyout ensuring that things stay the same for the next decade or so..

There's a true freshman QB playing behind an OL that isn't that good. Definitely Jimbo's fault that Francois got hurt and the true freshman has throw 2 picks and isn't playing that well. Did you expect FSU to win this one?
deltbucs

Postby Super K » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:50 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Super K wrote:Holy hell there is something really wrong in Tally...

There's a true freshman QB playing behind an OL that isn't that good. Definitely Jimbo's fault that Francois got hurt and the true freshman has throw 2 picks and isn't playing that well. Did you expect FSU to win this one?

I'm not/wasn't a fan of Francois to begin with..figured we'd have to lean on a strong run game and damn nasty D..

Some of Jimbo's play calling/game mgmt has been nutty too..QBs helmet comes off so he calls timeout so QB can stay in the game, only to have QB hand the ball off (3rd down) and we go for it on 4th..why not save the TO and let JJ hand off?..stupid crap like that..

But the D, again, is getting ripped up..L'Ville has over 230 yards ruahing.. ridiculous..

Is it Kelly's fault more than Jimbo? Hell yeah..but Jimbo calls the shots..Kelly has sucked since the get to..making a change is his call..not making one is his fault..
Super K

Postby deltbucs » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:55 pm

Super K wrote:
deltbucs wrote:There's a true freshman QB playing behind an OL that isn't that good. Definitely Jimbo's fault that Francois got hurt and the true freshman has throw 2 picks and isn't playing that well. Did you expect FSU to win this one?

I'm not/wasn't a fan of Francois to begin with..figured we'd have to lean on a strong run game and damn nasty D..

Some of Jimbo's play calling/game mgmt has been nutty too..QBs helmet comes off so he calls timeout so QB can stay in the game, only to have QB hand the ball off (3rd down) and we go for it on 4th..why not save the TO and let JJ hand off?..stupid crap like that..

But the D, again, is getting ripped up..L'Ville has over 230 yards ruahing.. ridiculous..

Is it Kelly's fault more than Jimbo? Hell yeah..but Jimbo calls the shots..Kelly has sucked since the get to..making a change is his call..not making one is his fault..

Definitely with you on Kelly. Should have been fired years ago. I have no issue calling that TO. If JJ is in the defense knows we're running the ball. With Blackman in the defense thinks we're passing so the run has a much better chance at being successful.
deltbucs

Postby deltbucs » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:07 pm

If our backup true freshman QB doesn't turn it over 3 times we win that game. You can't put that on Jimbo. I'm surprised it was that close, to be honest.
deltbucs

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:46 pm

You FSU guys should be proud of that showing.

Noles played their asses off against a team that smoked them last year. Much tougher with a less talented team.

Y'all just need to get healthy and reload. You'll be back.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Alpha » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:19 am

deltbucs wrote:If our backup true freshman QB doesn't turn it over 3 times we win that game. You can't put that on Jimbo. I'm surprised it was that close, to be honest.

Super K is the quintessential Buc fan.

After every win, his team is winning the championship and after every loss, everyone needs to be fired.

Ignore him.

Saw the first half, working the 2nd.

This is a lost year. It happens. FSU still has perennial top 10 recruiting classes and a proven winner as a coach. They'll be fine.

Remember FSU Fan...everyone has to eat a **** sandwich now and again. Even y'all.
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:13 am

And btw...I was completely wrong on nearly every game. Including the games that I had no strong opinion on.

And this is why I haven't layed a serious wager in nearly 25 years.

Meh...Miami won. USC got blown out (Can we PLEASE stop talking about Darnold now!?) and the Lightning blasted the Pens. Now...if the Yucks can find a way to get their **** together tomorrow, I'll be fine and dandy.
Alpha

Postby Super K » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:57 am

Alpha wrote:
deltbucs wrote:If our backup true freshman QB doesn't turn it over 3 times we win that game. You can't put that on Jimbo. I'm surprised it was that close, to be honest.

After every win, his team is winning the championship and after every loss, everyone needs to be fired.

Ignore him.

This is a lost year. It happens. FSU still has perennial top 10 recruiting classes and a proven winner as a coach. They'll be fine.

Remember FSU Fan...everyone has to eat a **** sandwich now and again. Even y'all.

Ummmm...where do you get that **** from? Called us losing 2 before the season..we've now lost 4...and that isn't due to losing our game manager starting QB..

We HAVE had perennial top 10 recruiting classes, yet we are on our 3rd season in a row with at least 3 losses..

When programs get an influx of top talent and good coaching they get better, or stay "good"..(see Mississippi's quick rise a couple of years ago or how OSU has been top 5 since Meyer got there)..

When there are issues with coaching you get results like Tennessee or,imo,us..

Another alarming sign is Jimbo is supposedly a "QB Guru" yet we've swung and missed on every QB since Jameis..that's 5 years of missing QB recruiting!! (JW true frosh year was 2012)..

Finally, not moving on from Kelly as our DC is beyond maddening..
Super K

Postby Alpha » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:15 pm

Super K wrote:
Alpha wrote:

Ignore him.

Ummmm...where do you get that **** from? Called us losing 2 before the season..we've now lost 4...and that isn't due to losing our game manager starting QB..

We HAVE had perennial top 10 recruiting classes, yet we are on our 3rd season in a row with at least 3 losses..

When programs get an influx of top talent and good coaching they get better, or stay "good"..(see Mississippi's quick rise a couple of years ago or how OSU has been top 5 since Meyer got there)..

When there are issues with coaching you get results like Tennessee or,imo,us..

Another alarming sign is Jimbo is supposedly a "QB Guru" yet we've swung and missed on every QB since Jameis..that's 5 years of missing QB recruiting!! (JW true frosh year was 2012)..

Finally, not moving on from Kelly as our DC is beyond maddening..

You sir, are suffering from the Richt Effect. It's not terminal but you may want to see a doctor.

This happens when fan bases get complacent and assume that 10 wins/year is "underachieving", winning national titles' are their God-given right and they can't possibly not be the best team in their conference/nation.

You're currently suffering from "We've Become Tennessee" fever. It's not contagious so the rest of us are good but you might want to get yourself checked out (that is...****ing check yourself, bitch.)

BTW..."...every QB since Jameis"!? LMFAO! What's that...ONE? Golson for a year and then Francois?

Jesus Christ on a see-saw...over-react much?

Listen...I'm busting your balls because you must be a young'n. EVERY team has losing season(S). Even teams with good coaches. It's cyclical, bro. FSU will have YEARS where they suck. As has Alabama, Oklahoma, USC, Miami, Ohio State...and every other team you can imagine.

I'm a Miami fan. Do ME a favor and fire Jimbo. I'm good with that.

**** me...now I'm having to talk an FSU fan off the ledge.

LOL!
Alpha

Postby Super K » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:20 am

You're not "talking me off of any ledge"..

You sound like a Canes fan who made yourself feel good about your program's ineptitude the last decade instead of being pissed that a perennial power and CFB royalty hasn't delivered (that felt bad even typing it..blech)...

And I'm not banging the drum for Jimbo to be fired, I'm banging it for him to make some decisions and change..now, if he doesn't do that, then yeah...it may be time for Jimbo to go..

Kelly at ND had enough last year..fired his DC MID ****ing SEASON..look at'em now..

Saban switches OC's before the NC game..

Yet here we sit at FSU..dealing with Charles Kelly's BS again and a STs group in the bottom 10 in the country..

And that's with 5 straight top 5 recruiting classes..

Speaking of which, do you know how recruiting works? We've missed on a helluva lot more QBs than "Golson and Francois"..

JW was a true frosh in 2012..meaning he was recruited in 2010/2011..

It's now 2017..
Super K

Postby PanteraCanes » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:28 am

Doesn't Jimbo have a 10 year deal with a 40 or 50 million dollar buy out? Nobody is forcing him to do anything for a while.
PanteraCanes

Postby Super K » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:32 am

PanteraCanes wrote:Doesn't Jimbo have a 10 year deal with a 40 or 50 million dollar buy out? Nobody is forcing him to do anything for a while.

Yep...
Super K

Postby Alpha » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:12 am

Super K wrote:You're not "talking me off of any ledge"..

You sound like a Canes fan who made yourself feel good about your program's ineptitude the last decade instead of being pissed that a perennial power and CFB royalty hasn't delivered (that felt bad even typing it..blech)...

And I'm not banging the drum for Jimbo to be fired, I'm banging it for him to make some decisions and change..now, if he doesn't do that, then yeah...it may be time for Jimbo to go..

Kelly at ND had enough last year..fired his DC MID ****ing SEASON..look at'em now..

Saban switches OC's before the NC game..

Yet here we sit at FSU..dealing with Charles Kelly's BS again and a STs group in the bottom 10 in the country..

And that's with 5 straight top 5 recruiting classes..

Speaking of which, do you know how recruiting works? We've missed on a helluva lot more QBs than "Golson and Francois"..

JW was a true frosh in 2012..meaning he was recruited in 2010/2011..

It's now 2017..

Damn...sucking stings, don't it?

LMAO!

Get used to it, kid. Don't worry...you aren't the only FSU Homer that is freaking out.

FIRE JIMBO!!!
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:14 am

Game of the Week

NC State @ Notre Dame

ND lays a whipping on NC State and you can color me convinced.
Alpha

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:18 pm

Alpha wrote:Game of the Week

NC State @ Notre Dame

Guy I work picked Florida over Georgia.

I laughed in his face.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Phantom Phenom » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:14 pm

Stanford avoid upset 15-14 over Oregon State
Phantom Phenom

Postby Alpha » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:23 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Alpha wrote:Game of the Week

NC State @ Notre Dame

Guy I work picked Florida over Georgia.

I laughed in his face.

Rivalry games should never surprise.

UGA is clearly the better team and SHOULD whip Florida. That said...I wouldn't be shocked at all if UF played this game close.
Alpha

Postby Phantom Phenom » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:41 am

top 25 odd:

Friday, October 27

Tulane at No. 24 Memphis (-11) - 8 p.m.

Saturday, October 28

No. 5 Wisconsin at Illinois (+26) - Noon

No. 8 Miami at North Carolina (+20.5) - Noon

No. 11 Oklahoma State at No. 22 West Virginia (+7.5) - Noon

No. 2 Penn State at No. 6 Ohio State (-6.5) - 3:30 p.m.

No. 3 Georgia at Florida (+14) - 3:30 p.m.

No. 4 TCU at No. 25 Iowa State (+6.5) - 3:30 p.m.

No. 14 NC State at No. 9 Notre Dame (-7) - 3:30 p.m.

UCLA at No. 12 Washington (-17) - 3:30 p.m.

No. 16 Michigan State at Northwestern (+2) - 3:30 p.m.

Houston at No. 17 USF (-10.5) - 3:45 p.m.

Austin Peay at No. 18 UCF (No line available) - 5 p.m.

Duke at No. 13 Virginia Tech (-15.5) - 7:20 p.m.

Georgia Tech at No. 7 Clemson (-14) - 8 p.m.

Texas Tech at No. 10 Oklahoma (-20) - 8 p.m.

No. 15 Washington State at Arizona (+3) - 9:30 p.m.

No. 21 USC at Arizona State (+3) - 10:45 p.m.
Phantom Phenom

Postby Kress » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:50 am

I'd take that GT spread. Not because I don't think Clemson will win. By all accounts they should. It's just that damned option game. It takes Clemson's d line out of it. No sacks. No speed rushes. ****. I'm scurred of this one.
Kress

Postby Super K » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:28 am

Ped State GETTING 6.5 at the horseshoe?

I'll take that all day..
Super K

Postby Nano » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:36 pm

FSU just lost another QB...

Losing 21-3 to BC. Damn
Nano