FSU v BAMA

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
FSU v BAMA

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:56 am

What a great way to kick off the season. These two teams have dominated in recruiting and are arguably the two most talent rich programs in the country right now.

But the real reason I made this thread is to ask why the **** ESPN made the graphic? The Florida State Seminoles Ambiguously Gay Duo??

DreadNaught

Re: FSU v BAMA

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:58 am

Are these guys the new official mascot of FSU or something? I must have missed the announcement.

DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:10 am

Mountaineer Buc

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:13 am

Had it posted in Draft Geek thread, but here is the list of prospects I have in this game.

Anthony Averett CB Alabama SEC 6'0 183
Bo Scarbrough RB Alabama SEC 6'1 228
Bradley Bozeman C Alabama SEC 6'5 322
Calvin Ridley WR Alabama SEC 6'1 188
Christian Miller OLB Alabama SEC 6'4 240
Damien Harris RB Alabama SEC 6'2 216
Da'Ron Payne DT Alabama SEC 6'2 319
Da'Shawn Hand DE Alabama SEC 6'4 280
Joshua Frazier DT Alabama SEC 6'3 315
Minkah Fitzpatrick CB Alabama SEC 6'0 203
Rashaan Evans ILB Alabama SEC 6'3 264
Ronnie Harrison S Alabama SEC 6'2 216
Ross Pierschbacher G Alabama SEC 6'4 304
Shaun Dion Hamilton ILB Alabama SEC 6'0 233
Tony Brown CB Alabama SEC 6'0 198
Alec Eberle C Florida St. ACC 6'4 294
Auden Tate WR Florida St. ACC 6'5 225
Brock Ruble OT Florida St. ACC 6'8 319
Derrick Nnadi DT Florida St. ACC 6'1 303
Derwin James S Florida St. ACC 6'2 213
Jacques Patrick RB Florida St. ACC 6'2 231
Josh Sweat DE Florida St. ACC 6'5 250
Matthew Thomas OLB Florida St. ACC 6'3 248
Nyquan Murray WR Florida St. ACC 5'8 190
Rick Leonard DT Florida St. ACC 6'6 287
Ryan Izzo TE Florida St. ACC 6'5 245
Tavarus McFadden CB Florida St. ACC 6'1 201
Trey Marshall S Florida St. ACC 6'1 204
Mountaineer Buc

Postby deltbucs » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:30 am

DreadNaught wrote:Are these guys the new official mascot of FSU or something? I must have missed the announcement.

I hate those fags.
deltbucs

Postby Noles1724 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:52 am

deltbucs wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Are these guys the new official mascot of FSU or something? I must have missed the announcement.

I hate those fags.

oh I love em. from the goal post, to Renegade, and these two.. it's one of the things that makes FSU unique and different than every other school. Sure other schools have idiots.. but ours are covered in glitter!
Noles1724

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:56 am

Noles1724 wrote:
deltbucs wrote:I hate those fags.

oh I love em. from the goal post, to Renegade, and these two.. it's one of the things that makes FSU unique and different than every other school. Sure other schools have idiots.. but ours are covered in glitter!

I applaud those 2 for their dedication to the team they support. But why in the hell did ESPN/Marvel decide that they were the mascot??

DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:58 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Had it posted in Draft Geek thread, but here is the list of prospects I have in this game.

When we look back in 3-4 years from now it will be interesting to count the # of NFL players that participated in this game.

Both sides are loaded with NFL prospects
DreadNaught

Postby Noles1724 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:59 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Noles1724 wrote:

I applaud those 2 for their dedication to the team they support. But why in the hell did ESPN/Marvel decide that they were the mascot??

good point.. I guess making an Indian on a horse would have been too difficult to imagine as a super hero drawing.
Noles1724

Postby deltbucs » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:08 am

Noles1724 wrote:
deltbucs wrote:I hate those fags.

HA!
deltbucs

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:44 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Had it posted in Draft Geek thread, but here is the list of prospects I have in this game.

When we look back in 3-4 years from now it will be interesting to count the # of NFL players that participated in this game.

Both sides are loaded with NFL prospects

Indeed. I'm pretty certain this game has the largest number of prospects playing in it this season. In the short term, it'll be fun to look and see how many of them get drafted.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Super K » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:43 pm

God damn travesty what Marvel/ESecPN did...we easily have one of the best and most recognizable mascots in the country, and hands down the best pregame entrance, and they pull this ****...

Fuckers...

As far as the game, it won't be close...either they destroy us or we light them up...

I knew Louisville was not only gonna beat us last year, but do it big...have an even worse feeling about this game..
Super K

Postby Nano » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:53 pm

TBH, I'm expecting it to be something like 38-14 Bama
Nano

Postby Super K » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:20 pm

Nano wrote:TBH, I'm expecting it to be something like 38-14 Bama

I don't know if we can get 14..

Our OL has been horrid since 2014 and damn near got Francois killed last year...I fear Bama whoops our ass in the trenches just like the did to Washington..

And the last time our defensive backfield was this highly lauded was 2014 and we severely underperformed...

Couple that with everyone saying Hurts/Bama can't pass and it has the makings for a Tide deep passing attack coming out party..
Super K

Postby bucfanclw » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:07 pm

And now ESPN is using Taylor Swift's new song to hype up this game...
bucfanclw

Postby deltbucs » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:12 pm

bucfanclw wrote:And now ESPN is using Taylor Swift's new song to hype up this game...

I'd imagine it goes perfect with those glitter fags.
deltbucs

Postby Super K » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:46 pm

deltbucs wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:And now ESPN is using Taylor Swift's new song to hype up this game...

I'd imagine it goes perfect with those glitter fags.

No doubt...
Super K

Postby Alpha » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:10 pm

This hurts to say...I'm pretty damn far from a Criminole fan...but the more I read about these teams...the more I like FSU to win outright.

I know Alabama is loaded...but they're young. Especially as you get further down the roster (2nd stringers and so forth).

FSU are one of the few teams that can match Alabama ATHLETICALLY...and I think they're a better team from top to bottom.

I'm not sure why nobody is giving FSU a shot here. Maybe I'm dead wrong...but I can easily make a case for FSU winning this game by 10...or more.

FSU 31

Alabama 17
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:12 pm

And the Glitter Fags from the Florida Teachers College are cute.
Alpha

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:51 am

Alpha wrote:This hurts to say...I'm pretty damn far from a Criminole fan...but the more I read about these teams...the more I like FSU to win outright.

I know Alabama is loaded...but they're young. Especially as you get further down the roster (2nd stringers and so forth).

FSU are one of the few teams that can match Alabama ATHLETICALLY...and I think they're a better team from top to bottom.

I'm not sure why nobody is giving FSU a shot here. Maybe I'm dead wrong...but I can easily make a case for FSU winning this game by 10...or more.

FSU 31

Alabama 17

I had this same thought last night. While I admire the modesty, I think FSU has a great chance to upset Bama.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Noles1724 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:02 am

I find it funny how it seems everyone is simply assuming that bama is going to win and there is zero doubt about it. I hear ESPN break it down and they keep going back to "Saban is 10-0 against his former staff". But they never seem to mention that Jimbo is no longer a Saban Disciple. He's a National Champion Coach and possibly the best coach when it comes to half time adjustments in the country. To group Jimbo with 'the others' is simple-minded.

I realize that I'm completely bias here, so I try to stay out of these types of conversations for no other reason than I don't think my views are taken as anything other than homerism.. and that's fine. I will say this though, FSU is better at the QB position, and at the secondary (probably the best secondary in the country). In my eyes it's not even close. Every other positional group is a hop, skip, and jump within each other.
Noles1724

Postby Deuce » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:22 am

Alabama lost its 2013 and 2014 bowl games and the 2016 National Championship game.

I can't say for sure if there's anything to that but it seems like with enough time, it is possible to scheme against Saban. With the first game, I see the offenses starting slow and both defenses playing well.

FSU 20
ALA 17
Deuce

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:23 am

bama by 15+
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:34 am

Noles1724 wrote:I find it funny how it seems everyone is simply assuming that bama is going to win and there is zero doubt about it. I hear ESPN break it down and they keep going back to "Saban is 10-0 against his former staff". But they never seem to mention that Jimbo is no longer a Saban Disciple. He's a National Champion Coach and possibly the best coach when it comes to half time adjustments in the country. To group Jimbo with 'the others' is simple-minded.

I realize that I'm completely bias here, so I try to stay out of these types of conversations for no other reason than I don't think my views are taken as anything other than homerism.. and that's fine. I will say this though, FSU is better at the QB position, and at the secondary (probably the best secondary in the country). In my eyes it's not even close. Every other positional group is a hop, skip, and jump within each other.

Well, let's break this down a bit.

Alabama is without OJ Howard and Cam Robinson so right off the bat their passing offense is going to suffer this season. And it's not like they were world-beaters throwing the ball.

Josh Sweat looks like he may be FSU's best pass Rusher. Cam Robinson is gone. Who is going to be the left tackle? Chances are it'll be someone talented, but inexperienced at that position. There's something to potentially exploit. How are your linebackers at blitzing?

Calvin Ridley is going to be matched up with McFadden and this is going to be one of the key matchups of the game. If McFadden wins, it bodes very well for FSU. The flip side of that is Auden Tate vs. Minkah Fitzpatrick.....Now that I think about it, I don't expect a lot of deep balls in this game.

So my guess is that it comes down to Bama running the football. Unfortunately for FSU, this is something Bama loves to do. Can Pugh and Thomas shut down Bo Scarborough? Better yet, can Nnadi?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:38 am

FSU doesn't have the Oline or spread offense to give Bama's defense problems imo. They are one of the few teams that can match Bama athlete for athlete, but I still don't think it's a good match-up for FSU stylistically/schematically.

The only teams that I've seen give Bama problems are the spread offense types that can score 30+ points while also have enough size and talent on defense to contain Bama. FSU has the defense to compete, but I'm very interested to see if they can be effective running a traditional pro-style offense vs Bama's defense. I've yet to see any team beat Bama at their own game. Only the teams that can turn the game into a track meet give them problems.

We'll see, but a low scoring game doesn't favor FSU imo.
DreadNaught

Postby Noles1724 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:56 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Noles1724 wrote:I find it funny how it seems everyone is simply assuming that bama is going to win and there is zero doubt about it. I hear ESPN break it down and they keep going back to "Saban is 10-0 against his former staff". But they never seem to mention that Jimbo is no longer a Saban Disciple. He's a National Champion Coach and possibly the best coach when it comes to half time adjustments in the country. To group Jimbo with 'the others' is simple-minded.

Well, let's break this down a bit.

Alabama is without OJ Howard and Cam Robinson so right off the bat their passing offense is going to suffer this season. And it's not like they were world-beaters throwing the ball.

Josh Sweat looks like he may be FSU's best pass Rusher. Cam Robinson is gone. Who is going to be the left tackle? Chances are it'll be someone talented, but inexperienced at that position. There's something to potentially exploit. How are your linebackers at blitzing?

Calvin Ridley is going to be matched up with McFadden and this is going to be one of the key matchups of the game. If McFadden wins, it bodes very well for FSU. The flip side of that is Auden Tate vs. Minkah Fitzpatrick.....Now that I think about it, I don't expect a lot of deep balls in this game.

So my guess is that it comes down to Bama running the football. Unfortunately for FSU, this is something Bama loves to do. Can Pugh and Thomas shut down Bo Scarborough? Better yet, can Nnadi?

I'm picking up what you're laying down. it's all about the OLs for me. Bama always seems to have an OL that would play for a NFL Feeder League. FSUs OL is extremely suspect. This is where the gm will be decided probably. I think FSU has the edge when it comes to their D vs Bama's O, if nothing more than the fact that they have a new O Coordinator and the first gm against a top notch opponent isn't the most ideal situation.

For FSU's O, I think the player that is going to make or break the game is going to be Murray. He's almost on a Jameis level as far as having a ton of hype and living up to it. feel like it could be a TD every time he touches the ball... he's a special talent for sure.

this game could go either way and I'm looking forward to it. It's going to be a blood bath for sure and my In-Laws are going to be in town during this time so they're going to get a taste of my fandom that they've only heard about. I'm sure after the gm a convo to my wife will go like this..

inlaws: honey I'm not sure this is the type of person you should be with
wife: dad, we have two kids and married for 11 years
inlaws: yeah well, just consider it.
Noles1724

Postby GameTime » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:52 am

I dont see where fsu is not being given a chance. I think they have a great chance. I still think bama wins it, but i dont think its really much off a 50/50 decision. I think hurts being as athletic as he is will help him when fsu crushes the pocket. On the flip side, will fsu OL hold up - and will francois take any huge shots. If fsu can rattle hurts (new OC, new offense?) and protect francois, fsu should win.
GameTime

Postby Alpha » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:bama by 15+

FSU by 20+.

Gee...this is fun. That's some ****ing insight you have there.

:roll:
Alpha

Postby Super K » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:59 am

Hole-E-Shit it's gameday!!!

Football is back!

Scalp'em!!!
Super K

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:16 pm

Y'all hyped?
Mountaineer Buc