FSU v BAMA

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Re: FSU v BAMA

Postby Super K » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:22 pm

From here on out, Derwin does everything..let him play D, punt, kick and return kicks..

It's our only hope..
Super K

Postby Super K » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:35 pm

Super K wrote:
Nano wrote:TBH, I'm expecting it to be something like 38-14 Bama

I don't know if we can get 14..

Our OL has been horrid since 2014 and damn near got Francois killed last year...I fear Bama whoops our ass in the trenches just like the did to Washington..

Pretty much this, right?

No run game...pressure finally got to us..

Coupled with piss poor special teams and QB play..
Super K

Postby Crocaneers » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:08 pm

Super K wrote:
Super K wrote:
I don't know if we can get 14..

Our OL has been horrid since 2014 and damn near got Francois killed last year...I fear Bama whoops our ass in the trenches just like the did to Washington..

Pretty much this, right?

No run game...pressure finally got to us..

Coupled with piss poor special teams and QB play..

I know the feeling ..
Crocaneers

Postby Alpha » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:32 pm

Difficult to tell much about FSU from this one game.

Their o-line actually looked (somewhat) improved over last year...but VERY inconsistent. Again...it's Alabama's d-line so it's tough to tell how much they have (or haven't) improved. They were ****ing HORRID last year. They look merely sub-par this year.

This was classic Alabama. Stuff the run. Play conservative on offense. Wait until the other team makes mistakes.

FSU made the mistakes. Alabama capitalized. Game over. The last 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter lost FSU this game. Pretty even, other than that.

What isn't tough to tell is possibly losing Ricki Bobby. I hope the kid is ok. He's tough as hell. No doubt. Looking at the replay (over and over)...best case (IMO) is sprained knee. Hopefully that's all it is. I want him available to play my 'Canes...and FSU is in deep trouble if his injury is bad. Simply put, putting themselves into the position to throw that much, injured Ricki Bobby. Pure and simple. There are only so many risks you can take against a good defense before you're only tempting fate. Fate won.

Assuming Francois isn't gone for an extended period, FSU will be fine. Like I mentioned earlier...losing 3 or 4 games this year, wouldn't be an indictment of FSU being a bad team. I know the homers want to think FSU should play for the title every year but they still have Louisville, Clemson and Miami...I refuse to count UF until they can prove they can score more than 14 points against a non-FSB team. They have a very tough schedule. Sometimes...it bites you in the ass.
Alpha

Postby Selmon Rules » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:06 am

Watched most of the game until FSU started just giving ball away in second half. First half stats told me it wasn't going to end well for the Noles with 20 some yards rushing to Bamas 100 plus. Can't win like that unless your passing game looks like a video game and even then it iffy....
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby Phantom Phenom » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:51 am

Last edited by Phantom Phenom on Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom Phenom

Postby Alpha » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:30 pm

Upon further review...FSU's o-line play wasn't "sub-par".

They are still horrid.

That LT...holy cow, he's bad.
Alpha

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:53 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:bama by 15+

Good call dude

Alpha wrote:

FSU by 20+.

:roll:

Not such a good call
Zarniwoop

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:05 pm

Francois tore his patellar tendon.
Bootz2004

Postby Alpha » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:19 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:Francois tore his patellar tendon.

Tough break for the kid. I think he still has a redshirt year, right?

Good luck 'Nole fan. This could be a tough year for ya...
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:22 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:bama by 15+

Good call dude

Alpha wrote:

FSU by 20+.

:roll:

Not such a good call

LOL!

Bumping your own thread to show us that you called a game.

Sad.
Alpha

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:29 pm

1-0.

Which game you want to try your hand at next Nancy?
Zarniwoop

Postby Alpha » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:38 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:1-0.

Which game you want to try your hand at next Nancy?

"Flush from calling his first ever correct game, The Kid can't possibly lose. He's UNSTOPPABLE!!!"
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:40 pm

So sad...
Alpha

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:39 pm

You're pre-pubescent keyboard warrior douchebagery might work ok in the other forums but in this forum people are actually cool. Even the rivalry folks are good spirited.

You thought you'd come in here acting like a dickbag and it backfired.

And like all sad little tough guys you can't own up to it.

I look forward to a season of watching you eat your incredible NCAA football "insight" all year ... LOL
Zarniwoop

Postby Alpha » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:21 am

Zarniwoop wrote:You're pre-pubescent keyboard warrior douchebagery might work ok in the other forums but in this forum people are actually cool.

LOL! Apparently, you aren't familiar with my work here.

My point was this, muncher:

NOBODY...who has ever gambled...in the HISTORY of gambling...bumps their own thread to brag about calling a SINGLE game correctly.

Except you, apparently.

I do apologize for calling you out for your buffoonery...ok...not really...but I'll tell you what. In the name of fair play, I'll let you dig your own grave:

Start your own thread. Call it something like "Zaniwoop's Locks" or some ****.

Pick 5 games OF YOUR CHOICE, each week. College or Pro. YOUR CHOICE.

After the last REGULAR SEASON week of the NFL, I'll wager you don't call 60% correctly. That's only 6 out of every 10. Surely...someone who can "nail" 1 out of 1 can do 60% over an ENTIRE YEAR!

If you manage to do 60% or better (you won't), I'll start my own thread SINCERELY humbling myself to your prowess. No gags. No games. No jokes.

If you don't (and you won't), you do the same.

Now...all of the name calling aside:

You got the cajones?
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:26 am

Take your time. I know you're still flush after your incredible 1 for 1 weekend.

Don't want you feeling pressured into doing something that might make you look stupid.

Please...
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:52 am

And it goes without saying that it's against the spread.

But you knew that.
Alpha

Postby Buc2 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:09 pm

Woo wee! Somebody is a little salty.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:00 pm

Buc2 wrote:Woo wee! Somebody is a little salty.

This is by far the best sub forum on the board. People who don't get along in OT, TD and Politics put those differences aside here. We have good natured rubbing and teasing (OOC alert!!).

This little boy who so desperately craves attention brings his nonsense into here and gets called out for it. Not only is he the only person in the forum that I can ever recall playing internet tough guy in here....he mocks a poster for lack of insight and ultimately that posters prediction was the best one in the thread. Not very insightful on his part....Where's Delt's irony pic?

Does he have a sense of humor and own up to it? No he does what all little boys do...doubles down on it. I can probably show posts in this forum by a dozen posters who make fun of their own predictions gone wrong (me included many times).

Now he goes on and on about some stupid game where I have to basically beat the juice at Vegas. Of course I can't do that...almost no one does. But I can sure as **** beat his "insight"....lol

I'm sure this will be followed up by more petulance, he's a one trick pony. Just as I'm sure it won't be followed up with the self deprecating humor it should have been followed up with to begin with.

#LittleTimmyLookAtTheScoreboard
Zarniwoop

Postby Buc2 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:33 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:

This is by far the best sub forum on the board. People who don't get along in OT, TD and Politics put those differences aside here. We have good natured rubbing and teasing (OOC alert!!).

This little boy who so desperately craves attention brings his nonsense into here and gets called out for it. Not only is he the only person in the forum that I can ever recall playing internet tough guy in here....he mocks a poster for lack of insight and ultimately that posters prediction was the best one in the thread. Not very insightful on his part....Where's Delt's irony pic?

Does he have a sense of humor and own up to it? No he does what all little boys do...doubles down on it. I can probably show posts in this forum by a dozen posters who make fun of their own predictions gone wrong (me included many times).

Now he goes on and on about some stupid game where I have to basically beat the juice at Vegas. Of course I can't do that...almost no one does. But I can sure as **** beat his "insight"....lol

I'm sure this will be followed up by more petulance, he's a one trick pony. Just as I'm sure it won't be followed up with the self deprecating humor it should have been followed up with to begin with.

Translation: He's a perfect candidate for the Legends Board. As in, a legend in his own mind.

Seriously though, most of us have no trouble making fun of ourselves when we're wrong.
Case in point: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3317&p=217624#p217610
In other words, I was an idiot. :D
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Alpha » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:23 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:

So I take it you aren't gonna take me up on our friendly wager, big mouth?

Pretty much what I thought from a clown who brags about calling a game right.

For once.
Alpha

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:59 am

Alpha wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

So I take it you aren't gonna take me up on our friendly wager, big mouth?

Pretty much what I thought from a clown who brags about calling a game right.

For once.

Lol

I'll bet against you any day Sandy, not against Vegas when I have to hit 60%

That's a ****ing retarded bet

And seeing as you are so dense to really figure this out, my posting you has nothing to do with my picking the right game ...I'll bet I've bumped a half dozen of my posts over the years making fun of my horrible picks.....it haseverything to do with you being the only assface in this forum doing juvenile games ... a game that so splendidly backfired in your face and you couldnt see the humor in it

Clown
Zarniwoop

Postby Super K » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:19 am

Sooooo, anywhoo...

Blackman behind center the rest of the way, huh...

FU Malik Henry..your screwing us continues...

Blackman has a cannon...on a spaghetti frame..hope the kid can take a hit..
Super K

Postby Noles1724 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:47 am

Super K wrote:Sooooo, anywhoo...

I saw some film on him and he 'looked' decent. one of the + about him in the scouting report was his ability to stay in the pocket and make throws when a hit was coming.
Noles1724

Postby Alpha » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:08 am

Noles1724 wrote:
Super K wrote:Sooooo, anywhoo...

I saw some film on him and he 'looked' decent. one of the + about him in the scouting report was his ability to stay in the pocket and make throws when a hit was coming.

The kid was recruited by FSU. Safe to say, he is talented.

The best thing that happened to FSU was the postponement of the Miami game. Gives them a fighting chance and the kid a shot to get some experience.

That said...who is your 3rd stringer? That kid is gonna get slaughtered. Especially with that o-line and lack of a running game.
Alpha

Postby Noles1724 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:20 pm

Alpha wrote:
Noles1724 wrote:

The kid was recruited by FSU. Safe to say, he is talented.

The best thing that happened to FSU was the postponement of the Miami game. Gives them a fighting chance and the kid a shot to get some experience.

That said...who is your 3rd stringer? That kid is gonna get slaughtered. Especially with that o-line and lack of a running game.

honestly the worst thing for our current QB situation was the La-Monroe game getting cancelled. Never has a cupcake game been more important for FSU/Blackman. Our 3rd string is Cosentino, who should probably never see the field.
Noles1724

Previous

Return to College Football/Draft Talk