Draft Simulator

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
post

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby Alpha » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:00 am

Naismith wrote:The other difference, from what I've read, is that Mixon is an elite prospect with red flags off the field whereas Westbrook was likely a day three pick without the off field stuff.



And Cook's off the field stuff makes them BOTH look like choir boys.

Does Mixon have something MORE than the one incident? That's the only one I've read about?
Alpha
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am
Location: St. Pete
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:34 am

Alpha wrote:
Naismith wrote:The other difference, from what I've read, is that Mixon is an elite prospect with red flags off the field whereas Westbrook was likely a day three pick without the off field stuff.



And Cook's off the field stuff makes them BOTH look like choir boys.

Does Mixon have something MORE than the one incident? That's the only one I've read about?

Apparently he tore up a parking ticket and threw it in the face of the parking enforcement guy, but obviously that is miles from anything too serious.

These whispers about Cook being worse than Mixon scare me though. We all know Jameis is banging the table for Cook.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 5366
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 524 times
Been thanked: 83 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:46 am

Alpha wrote:Does Mixon have something MORE than the one incident? That's the only one I've read about?


I haven't read/heard anything. There are even some in the media who have met Mixon that have advocates for him publicly, which they don't have to do.

We are lucky enough to have a Sooner royalty in G-Mac who was out in Norman and may have collected some intel on Mixon and a GM in Licht that has shown a willingness to take chances on 'character' based on his own evaluation/background check.

If we take Mixon than I'll trust Licht's decision and the men in the lockeroom. But I can understand that other fans could have a problem with it.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 9026
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 368 times
Been thanked: 365 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:44 am

Nah, he was checking out Jordan Evans.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 6729
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby Nano » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:51 am

real bucs fan wrote:
Alpha wrote:

And Cook's off the field stuff makes them BOTH look like choir boys.

Does Mixon have something MORE than the one incident? That's the only one I've read about?

Apparently he tore up a parking ticket and threw it in the face of the parking enforcement guy, but obviously that is miles from anything too serious.

These whispers about Cook being worse than Mixon scare me though. We all know Jameis is banging the table for Cook.

Wasn't just that he tore up the parking ticket according to reports, he apparently got in his car and inched towards the attendant like he was going to run him over.
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 6120
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 215 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby Naismith » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:37 pm

real bucs fan wrote:We all know Jameis is banging the table for Cook.


I think it makes sense that he is but I'd hardly say we know that.

Dalvin not trying to improve upon his testing at his Pro Day today suggests that he is what he tested. I don't see how you can take a guy early that tested so poorly, so he's off the board for me until at least round three. Don't worry, Cook fans, it's unlikely Licht will ask me to approve his draft board.
User avatar
Naismith
 
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:51 pm
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby Teitan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:43 pm

Naismith wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:We all know Jameis is banging the table for Cook.


I think it makes sense that he is but I'd hardly say we know that.

Dalvin not trying to improve upon his testing at his Pro Day today suggests that he is what he tested. I don't see how you can take a guy early that tested so poorly, so he's off the board for me until at least round three. Don't worry, Cook fans, it's unlikely Licht will ask me to approve his draft board.



I think you read into the combine a bit much.
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 2796
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 156 times
Been thanked: 114 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:55 pm

Ya I don't buy that Cook is some terrible athlete. My concerns with him are off the field and holding onto the football.

Dalvin Cook;
4.49 (40 yard dash)
22 (reps on the bench) (Top 5 at RB)
30.5 (vertical)
116 (broad jump)


Ezekial Elliott:
4.47 (40y dash)
(Did not bench)
32.5 (vertical)
118 (broad jump)
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 5366
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 524 times
Been thanked: 83 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:02 pm

real bucs fan wrote:Ya I don't buy that Cook is some terrible athlete. My concerns with him are off the field and holding onto the football.

Dalvin Cook;
4.49 (40 yard dash)
22 (reps on the bench) (Top 5 at RB)
30.5 (vertical)
116 (broad jump)


Ezekial Elliott:
4.47 (40y dash)
(Did not bench)
32.5 (vertical)
118 (broad jump)


Me neither, that John Norris guy on twitter has been piping up since the combine on this narrative that Cook is in the bottom/lowest 10% for RBs. When I watch him play football I don't see how that's possible. He makes future NFL defenders looks like they are playing in mud when trying to tackle him.

Word from FSU pro day today is Dalvin ran 4.43. Not that 40 time is uber important for a RB that already ran 4.49, but still...
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 9026
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 368 times
Been thanked: 365 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:10 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Ya I don't buy that Cook is some terrible athlete. My concerns with him are off the field and holding onto the football.

Dalvin Cook;
4.49 (40 yard dash)
22 (reps on the bench) (Top 5 at RB)
30.5 (vertical)
116 (broad jump)


Ezekial Elliott:
4.47 (40y dash)
(Did not bench)
32.5 (vertical)
118 (broad jump)


Me neither, that John Norris guy on twitter has been piping up since the combine on this narrative that Cook is in the bottom/lowest 10% for RBs. When I watch him play football I don't see how that's possible. He makes future NFL defenders looks like they are playing in mud when trying to tackle him.

Word from FSU pro day today is Dalvin ran 4.43. Not that 40 time is uber important for a RB that already ran 4.49, but still...


That lowest/bottom 10% is per SPARQ which is all of those numbers used in reference to his height/weight. He would be the worst RB ever to be drafted in the 1st round per his SPARQ. The best NFL running back with a similar SPARQ is Michael Bush( I believe). While I'm really skeptical about it, especially because on tape he looks like an explosive athlete, I'm interesting to see if it actually holds up.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 2237
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby Super K » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:24 pm

If Cook's SPARQ score was so low, and EE produced numbers pretty close to his, what was EE's SPARQ?
Super K
 
Posts: 4915
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:57 pm

Super K wrote:If Cook's SPARQ score was so low, and EE produced numbers pretty close to his, what was EE's SPARQ?


EE is 15lbs heavier also, and that is a factor. Also, EE only did the 40, vert, and broad along w/ position drills at his combine and saved things like the 3-cone and shuttles for his pro day. Those items (3 cone, 20/60 yd shuttles) get factored into SPARQ also iirc, and we all know pro day times are more generous than combine electronic timing in most cases.

In the end I think Cook will be the exception to this SPARQ rule for RB. I think Cook goes in round 1. His tape over 3 years is just too good to discount based on combine testing. The guy dominated the highest level of CFB and made alot defenders that are going to get drafted early look real bad.

I've gone back a looked at Cook and there is nothing that suggests he's not a great athlete who possesses outstanding burst and and balance, which are key for a RB.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 9026
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 368 times
Been thanked: 365 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby Super K » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:09 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Super K wrote:If Cook's SPARQ score was so low, and EE produced numbers pretty close to his, what was EE's SPARQ?


EE is 15lbs heavier also, and that is a factor. Also, EE only did the 40, vert, and broad along w/ position drills at his combine and saved things like the 3-cone and shuttles for his pro day. Those items (3 cone, 20/60 yd shuttles) get factored into SPARQ also iirc, and we all know pro day times are more generous than combine electronic timing in most cases.

In the end I think Cook will be the exception to this SPARQ rule for RB. I think Cook goes in round 1. His tape over 3 years is just too good to discount based on combine testing. The guy dominated the highest level of CFB and made alot defenders that are going to get drafted early look real bad.

I've gone back a looked at Cook and there is nothing that suggests he's not a great athlete who possesses outstanding burst and and balance, which are key for a RB.



I hear ya..

IMO, if you want to get the best estimate on what kind of football player a guy is..Put on the tape..

This SPARQ, combine, pro-day **** is for the birds..

Again, I could, and very well may be, way off..I'm also probably dating myself and am self confessed "old school"..

"The Big Eye in the Sky don't Lie"

Put on the tape..
Super K
 
Posts: 4915
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:06 pm

What does SPARQ stand for
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 17607
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 387 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby Nano » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:16 pm

Speed, Power, Agility, Reaction and Quickness
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 6120
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 215 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby Naismith » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:31 pm

Ezekiel Elliott was 46th percentile.
User avatar
Naismith
 
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:51 pm
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:40 pm

I was wondering when somebody was going to start suggesting that Cook is the Zeke of this draft.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 8276
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Has thanked: 85 times
Been thanked: 481 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby Doctor » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:52 pm

Cook just had a nice pro day.
Image
User avatar
Doctor
 
Posts: 4036
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Out of the Office. Will return next Fall.
Has thanked: 178 times
Been thanked: 107 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby Alpha » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:33 am

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Mixon punched a woman in the face 2-3 years ago. Been clean since (according to sources...apparently).

Cook has never been found guilty of ANYTHING (or videoed)...but (again...according to sources) has OFTEN been in the mix when "shenanigans" are afoot.

Mixon seems to be smoking like a cigarette.

Cook, like a chimney.


Can't we do better than either one of these nit-wits?
Alpha
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am
Location: St. Pete
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby Teitan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:20 am

Because I'm bored, and these are entertaining to do. I'd be pretty pleased with this draft.

19: R1P19
RB DALVIN COOK
FLORIDA STATE

50: R2P18
TE EVAN ENGRAM
MISSISSIPPI

84: R3P20
S EDDIE JACKSON
ALABAMA

125: R4P18
WR JOSH REYNOLDS
TEXAS A&M

162: R5P18
QB JOSHUA DOBBS
TENNESSEE

204: R6P20
C JON TOTH
KENTUCKY

237: R7P19
CB SHAQUILL GRIFFIN
UCF
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 2796
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 156 times
Been thanked: 114 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:34 am

Alpha wrote:Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Mixon punched a woman in the face 2-3 years ago. Been clean since (according to sources...apparently).

Cook has never been found guilty of ANYTHING (or videoed)...but (again...according to sources) has OFTEN been in the mix when "shenanigans" are afoot.

Mixon seems to be smoking like a cigarette.

Cook, like a chimney.


Can't we do better than either one of these nit-wits?


You're right, we should've drafted Mariota!!!
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 9026
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 368 times
Been thanked: 365 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby Naismith » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:03 pm

I feel like we should pick a standard set of rankings to use when doing Fanspeak. Anyways, I really liked this draft and hope it's similar to the draft strategy the Bucs use.

19: R1P19
OT GARETT BOLLES
UTAH

50: R2P18
DL MONTRAVIUS ADAMS
AUBURN

84: R3P20
S JUSTIN EVANS
TEXAS A&M

125: R4P18
EDGE DAWUANE SMOOT
ILLINOIS

162: R5P18
TE GEORGE KITTLE
IOWA

204: R6P20
EDGE JOE MATHIS
WASHINGTON

237: R7P19
WR FRED ROSS
MISSISSIPPI STATE
User avatar
Naismith
 
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:51 pm
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:20 pm

Naismith wrote:I feel like we should pick a standard set of rankings to use when doing Fanspeak. Anyways, I really liked this draft and hope it's similar to the draft strategy the Bucs use.

19: R1P19
OT GARETT BOLLES
UTAH

50: R2P18
DL MONTRAVIUS ADAMS
AUBURN

84: R3P20
S JUSTIN EVANS
TEXAS A&M

125: R4P18
EDGE DAWUANE SMOOT
ILLINOIS

162: R5P18
TE GEORGE KITTLE
IOWA

204: R6P20
EDGE JOE MATHIS
WASHINGTON

237: R7P19
WR FRED ROSS
MISSISSIPPI STATE


Of all the mock draft sims, this is the least exciting, but probably most realistic thus far...
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 2237
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby Naismith » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:08 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:Of all the mock draft sims, this is the least exciting, but probably most realistic thus far...


What could be more exciting than training camp offensive line battles!?
User avatar
Naismith
 
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:51 pm
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby Teitan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:20 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Naismith wrote:I feel like we should pick a standard set of rankings to use when doing Fanspeak. Anyways, I really liked this draft and hope it's similar to the draft strategy the Bucs use.

19: R1P19
OT GARETT BOLLES
UTAH

50: R2P18
DL MONTRAVIUS ADAMS
AUBURN

84: R3P20
S JUSTIN EVANS
TEXAS A&M

125: R4P18
EDGE DAWUANE SMOOT
ILLINOIS

162: R5P18
TE GEORGE KITTLE
IOWA

204: R6P20
EDGE JOE MATHIS
WASHINGTON

237: R7P19
WR FRED ROSS
MISSISSIPPI STATE


Of all the mock draft sims, this is the least exciting, but probably most realistic thus far...



I don't think it's realistic or exciting.
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 2796
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 156 times
Been thanked: 114 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:56 pm

Do not want Smoot.

Takes plays off. And by plays, I mean first and second down.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 8276
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Has thanked: 85 times
Been thanked: 481 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby Buc Futter » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:58 pm

Went all offense on this one. Never gonna happen, but looks good. Used CBS big board

R1P19 TE O.J. HOWARD ALABAMA
R2P18 RB D'ONTA FOREMAN TEXAS
R3P20 WR JUJU SMITH-SCHUSTER SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
R4P18 C ETHAN POCIC LSU
Buc Futter
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:12 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:24 pm

Buc Futter wrote:Went all offense on this one. Never gonna happen, but looks good. Used CBS big board

R1P19 TE O.J. HOWARD ALABAMA
R2P18 RB D'ONTA FOREMAN TEXAS
R3P20 WR JUJU SMITH-SCHUSTER SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
R4P18 C ETHAN POCIC LSU

That would be a dream come true.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 5366
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 524 times
Been thanked: 83 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:43 pm

Naismith wrote:I feel like we should pick a standard set of rankings to use when doing Fanspeak.


I stick to the 'composite' board as long as it's updated within the previous 2 weeks. That way you get an aggregate of multiple big boards.

CBS and Fanspeak are really the only other 2 use on Fanspeak of they haven't updated the composite board.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 9026
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 368 times
Been thanked: 365 times

Re: Draft Simulator

Postby Naismith » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:46 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Naismith wrote:I feel like we should pick a standard set of rankings to use when doing Fanspeak.


I stick to the 'composite' board as long as it's updated within the previous 2 weeks. That way you get an aggregate of multiple big boards.

CBS and Fanspeak are really the only other 2 use on Fanspeak of they haven't updated the composite board.


I swear I've done a thousand of these and never noticed a composite board.
User avatar
Naismith
 
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:51 pm
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 51 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to College Football/Draft Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests