Who Will The Bucs Draft?

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Who Will The Bucs Draft?

Postby Agent Orange » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:40 pm

I didn't see a thread on this. I would like to see who comes the closest to guessing who the Bucs choose on draft day. You can go as deep as you want. I only have time for 3 rounds. Here are my picks...

1(19) David Njoku TE MIA - I am going to take a shot here based on his visits and the interest we have shown. I highly doubt Dalvin Cook will be there when we draft and I don't think we will trade up.

2(50) Chris Godwin WR Penn State - Surprise another weapon for Winston.

3(84) Marlon Mack RB USF - We might need to trade up just a little but I think we are going to go after him. He will be a Buc imo.
Agent Orange

Re: Who Will The Bucs Draft?

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:48 pm

1-Njoku
2-Adoree Jackson
3- who the hell knows.
uscbucsfan

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:33 pm

1. David Njoku
2. Juju Smith-Schuster
3. Teez Tabor
Bootz2004

Postby tjax03 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:57 pm

If cook is there we take him

If not we get Njoku

The draft is much too deep at RB to be taking any RB from UCF or USF. Those guys would be FA pickups after the draft.
tjax03

Postby Cheb » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:09 pm

Everyone saying Njoku is boring!

This would be classic Licht; address your needs in FA, then draft a youngster at the same position to learn the ropes from the established vet.

First round - John Ross
Second round - Marcus Maye
Third round - What What Jake Butt
Cheb

Postby sonofg » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:32 pm

Might be some minor maneuvering around, especially in the 2nd round.

1(19) Jabrill Peppers S Michigan - This was my thought prior to the just now breaking news of Peppers testing positive at the combine (diluted sample, might be a big deal, might be nothing), so consider it a placeholder for now. Forrest Lamp G Western Kentucky - Too much offseason talk about how comfortable they are with the current O-line group. No idea how much the Bucs trust Sweezy, but between Lamp and Marpet, G-C should be solidified one way or another.

2(50) Adam Shaheen TE Ashland - To me, this is such a Licht move, where he'll get to feel like he's smarter than everyone else. If it happens, let's just hope it pans out like the Marpet pick.

3(84) Samaje Perine RB Oklahoma - Could probably just as easily be Mack, like others have guessed.

If either Howard or Njoku are there at 19, this completely falls apart.
Last edited by sonofg on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sonofg

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:03 pm

I expect us to draft a RB, a TE, a OL, a WR, and a couple of DBs. Who and where I have no idea, but I think priority 1 is getting the run game some help. I'll give 2 possibilities:

With Cook falling to 19:

1. Dalvin Cook, RB
2. Chris Goodwin, WR
3. Dorian Johnson, OG
4. George Kittle/Jeremy Sprinkle, TE

With Cook gone by 19:

1. Forrest Lamp, OL
2. D'Onta Foreman, RB
3. Ardarius Stewart, WR
4. George Kittle/Jeremy Sprinkle, TE
real bucs fan

Postby Super K » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:04 pm

1. Budda Baker

2. Chris Godwin

3. Sam Perine (the Mixon/OU visit was a smokescreen to see Perine)
Super K

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:15 pm

Super K wrote:1. Budda Baker

2. Chris Godwin

I can't imagine it would go this horribly for us...
uscbucsfan

Postby Super K » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:17 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Super K wrote:1. Budda Baker

2. Chris Godwin

To each their own..

I also couldn't imagine trading up for a kicker in round #2 last year..
Super K

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:18 pm

1 Garrett
2. Fournette
3. Robinson

What? I know it's pipe dream
Last edited by Phantom Phenom on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom Phenom

Postby MJW » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:19 pm

tjax03 wrote:If cook is there we take him

If not we get Njoku

The draft is much too deep at RB to be taking any RB from UCF or USF. Those guys would be FA pickups after the draft.

So you acknowledge that this draft is deep at running back, but we should (not sure if that's what you're saying) take Cook in the first?

Also, Walter Payton played at Jackson State, so not sure what it matters where a guy plays.
MJW

Postby MJW » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:19 pm

Also, we're not only going to take Cook, we're going to trade up to take Cook. Why? Because I literally cannot think of another move that would irritate me more.
MJW

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:20 pm

Super K wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

To each their own..

True, but the first round pick was predictable like the year before under Licht. Baker is a huge reach for need, IMO. I'd argue he's not a 1st round talent in a loaded draft. At the time it will likely feel as bad as drafting a bad kicker in the 2nd round.
uscbucsfan

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:24 pm

MJW wrote:Also, we're not only going to take Cook, we're going to trade up to take Cook. Why? Because I literally cannot think of another move that would irritate me more.

Is it the alleged battery incident? I think if you dive deeper into it, you'll find it is much like the Jameis allegation... a whole bunch of BS.

If it's purely your opinion about finding RBs later, then disregard.
real bucs fan

Postby Super K » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:24 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Super K wrote:
To each their own..

True, but the first round pick was predictable like the year before under Licht. Baker is a huge reach for need, IMO. I'd argue he's not a 1st round talent in a loaded draft. At the time it will likely feel as bad as drafting a bad kicker in the 2nd round.

I like Baker..He won't be there for our 2nd pick (I don't think) so I don't think it's a reach..Sure, I'd love to trade back and grab him, but it is what it is..

FWIW, this is assuming that Cook is off the board..

If DC is there, he'll be a BUC..
Super K

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:26 pm

Super K wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

I like Baker..He won't be there for our 2nd pick (I don't think) so I don't think it's a reach..Sure, I'd love to trade back and grab him, but it is what it is..

You think he will be the best player on the board when we pick?

You saying you would trade down says otherwise. There's a rare chance to get top 10 talent at 19 due to the depth of this draft. I don't want to reach for a need...especially when we still have needs all over this team.
uscbucsfan

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:32 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:1. David Njoku
2. Juju Smith-Schuster
3. Teez Tabor

I'd really like this
DreadNaught

Postby Doctor » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:39 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:1 Garrett
2. Fournette
3. Robinson

What? I know it's pipe dream

ROBINSON IS YOUR PIPEDREAM? Not Hooker, not Adams, not Thomas, not Lattimore.... Robinson..... ok.
Doctor

Postby Doctor » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:39 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:1. David Njoku
2. Juju Smith-Schuster
3. Teez Tabor

I'd really like this

Same.
Doctor

Postby Brazen331 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:54 pm

MJW wrote:Also, we're not only going to take Cook, we're going to trade up to take Cook. Why? Because I literally cannot think of another move that would irritate me more.

Well you have to get in front of the Eagles, Colts, Ravens if you want to be sure you get Cook so yeah, you're dream just may come true.

I'm revising an opinion I had just a few days ago. Thinking about which prospects are receiving action from us, especially the positions we are focusing on, I now think the Bucs could very well do something I thought they would never do. If 3 RBs go before our pick, and the 2 top TEs are also gone, the #19 pick could very well be Joe Mixon. Yes, at 19.
Brazen331

Postby MJW » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:15 pm

Brazen331 wrote:

Well you have to get in front of the Eagles, Colts, Ravens if you want to be sure you get Cook so yeah, you're dream just may come true.

I'm revising an opinion I had just a few days ago. Thinking about which prospects are receiving action from us, especially the positions we are focusing on, I now think the Bucs could very well do something I thought they would never do. If 3 RBs go before our pick, and the 2 top TEs are also gone, the #19 pick could very well be Joe Mixon. Yes, at 19.

I think Cook is at this point a distant 3rd on most boards behind Fournette - who has been compared favorably to Peterson, and McCaffrey, who is one of the most unique weapons to come into the league in memory. Fournette is a force of nature. McCaffrey is a creative OC's wet dream. Cook is a good running back. I just don't think that'll be as exciting for most coaches. Some, maybe.
MJW

Postby Nano » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:34 pm

MJW wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

I think Cook is at this point a distant 3rd on most boards behind Fournette - who has been compared favorably to Peterson, and McCaffrey, who is one of the most unique weapons to come into the league in memory. Fournette is a force of nature. McCaffrey is a creative OC's wet dream. Cook is a good running back. I just don't think that'll be as exciting for most coaches. Some, maybe.

Your Falcons are up : x
Nano

Postby Cheb » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:50 pm

Brazen331 wrote:

I'd vomit.

Okay, let's assume that the top three runners are gone as well as the top two tight ends. Let's make two other assumptions that are easy to swallow. First, the consensus top three defensive linemen (Garrett, Thomas, and Allen) are gone, which is very likely. Second, both top safeties (Hooker and Adams). Again, very likely.

That means that ten guys are off the board. Fine. That means that our big board only needs to be a list nine names long for our first round pick at #19. If that happened, my top nine looks like:

Marcus Lattimore
Ryan Ramcyzk
Derek Barnett
Mike Williams
John Ross
Cam Robinson
Jabrill Peppers
Marlon Humphrey
Forrest Lamp

Any of those guys is way ahead of a Joe Mixon.

Is Mixon on anyone's list in that new top nine? Doubt it. It would be a huge reach.
Last edited by Cheb on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheb

Postby MJW » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:50 pm

Nano wrote:
MJW wrote:

Your Falcons are up : x

Thanks!
MJW

Postby Brazen331 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:15 pm

Cheb wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

I'd vomit.

Okay, let's assume that the top three runners are gone as well as the top two tight ends. Let's make two other assumptions that are easy to swallow. First, the consensus top three defensive linemen (Garrett, Thomas, and Allen) are gone, which is very likely. Second, both top safeties (Hooker and Adams). Again, very likely.

That means that ten guys are off the board. Fine. That means that our big board only needs to be a list nine names long for our first round pick at #19. If that happened, my top nine looks like:

Marcus Lattimore
Ryan Ramcyzk
Derek Barnett
Mike Williams
John Ross
Cam Robinson
Jabrill Peppers
Marlon Humphrey
Forrest Lamp

Any of those guys is way ahead of a Joe Mixon.

Is Mixon on anyone's list in that new top nine? Doubt it. It would be a huge reach.

Completely agree. I'd hate Mixon too but would not be surprised by it. Of your list above, Barnett excites me the most, even more than Lattimore who will of course be long gone.

If we hit the teens on Thursday and Barnett is still there I would move up to get him. I know there would be tons of whining but this guy could have a more productive career than Garrett.
Brazen331

Postby MJW » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:29 pm

The only guy who'd make me want to throw up is Cam Robinson. He's trash. He's Kenyatta Walker. He coasts on his ability. His feet are awful. He bends at the waist. He's sloppy and lazy with his technique.

Saban's Alabama OL have almost all been terrible in the NFL, but he's going to be the biggest bust of them all.
MJW

Postby Nano » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:36 pm

MJW wrote:The only guy who'd make me want to throw up is Cam Robinson. He's trash. He's Kenyatta Walker. He coasts on his ability. His feet are awful. He bends at the waist. He's sloppy and lazy with his technique.

Saban's Alabama OL have almost all been terrible in the NFL, but he's going to be the biggest bust of them all.

You know what also makes me want to throw up?

Picking someone that's already taken :P
Nano

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:14 pm

I don't have a ****ing clue.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:58 pm

Ross
Tabor
Butt
Jason Bourne