Bold (?) Predictions

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Re: Bold (?) Predictions

Postby Brazen331 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:13 pm

Nano wrote:That would be a super bad reach

No doubt. How about we slot him in at 50, where I do think the Bucs may be targeting him? I do think a solid, all-around DE who can stop the run to play opposite Spence could be at the top of the wish list. Barnett at 19 is what the team is really hoping for maybe. When they don't get him, I do think they are eyeing Willis.
Brazen331

Postby mdb1958 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:18 pm

I've considered it. If you think he is gone by pick fifty you have to decide how bad you want him.
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:23 pm

Reach if thats what you want to call it. There is also watching all your bubbles pop.
mdb1958

Postby threadkiller » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:26 pm

mdb1958 wrote:

I've considered it. If you think he is gone by pick fifty you have to decide how bad you want him.

That comment implies you are going to move him up your board to select him. If he's top of our board, take him. If he's top of our board @ 19, I question our board (as a KSU fan). He is high character, but I don't consider him a "safe" prospect. Not in the first damn round.
threadkiller

Postby mdb1958 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:53 pm

threadkiller wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:

That comment implies you are going to move him up your board to select him. If he's top of our board, take him. If he's top of our board @ 19, I question our board (as a KSU fan). He is high character, but I don't consider him a "safe" prospect. Not in the first damn round.

Actually I thought he played safe disciplined football, do you think he could be told go get him on 3rd down?
mdb1958

Postby threadkiller » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:43 pm

mdb1958 wrote:
threadkiller wrote:

Actually I thought he played safe disciplined football, do you think he could be told go get him on 3rd down?

He did what he was assigned to do. I'm sure that is one of the reasons coach Snyder raves about him. I have little doubt he will work hard and continue to improve. He checks all those boxes, but I don't think he's a turn it loose kind of pass rusher. I don't think he has the bend or explosion. He tested much better than I expected from watching him play. He also weighed less. I think he dropped 10+ pounds to be more attractive to 3-4 teams. After watching his last game I hoped we'd look at him in the 3rd. He always played hard and usually very well, but I never remember him being dominant in any televised (all our decent games are) matchup. He never struck me as first round NFL talent, but a guy I definitely thought could go on to a healthy pro career.
threadkiller

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:58 am

My bold prediction is we would be wise to get this guy - Ahkello Witherspoon!
Last edited by mdb1958 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mdb1958

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:29 pm

So whoever is repping Joe Mixon is doing a great job this week and earning their commission. A few days ago a story from when he was in HS was debunked, and now Mixon and the girl he punched in the infamous video have released a joint statement

DreadNaught

Postby Nano » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:34 pm

Yup. They were able to talk privately(lawyers were probably waiting outside the door) and settle the civil case without a prolonged hassle. Hopefully, he'll be able to put this behind him when we draft him next week :mrgreen:
Nano

Postby Super K » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:35 pm

DreadNaught wrote:So whoever is repping Joe Mixon is doing a great job this week and earning their commission. A few days ago a story from when he was in HS was debunked, and now Mixon and the girl he punched in the infamous video have released a joint statement

Straight Cash homey
Super K

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:32 pm

Has there ever been a prospect with this big of a red flag to have this type of outcome? I'm not talking about Jameis' allegations but a situation where we knew they were guilty. Quite possible that he will have his name called Thursday night.
Bootz2004

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:47 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:Has there ever been a prospect with this big of a red flag to have this type of outcome? I'm not talking about Jameis' allegations but a situation where we knew they were guilty. Quite possible that he will have his name called Thursday night.

I think Green Bay might take him in the 1st.
Brazen331

Postby Corsair » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:30 pm

Somebody is brigade-ing Mixon's google search results. I wanted to go over some of his highlights, which used to dominate the first page of a video search on google. Now it's all videos of him punching that girl and videos from 2014 about how his draft stock will drop after the incident.
Corsair

Postby Alpha » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:48 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:Has there ever been a prospect with this big of a red flag to have this type of outcome? I'm not talking about Jameis' allegations but a situation where we knew they were guilty. Quite possible that he will have his name called Thursday night.

Jameis' stuff was NOTHING compared to Mixon and Cook.

I hope we avoid these 2 like the plague.
Alpha

Postby Phantom Phenom » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:16 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:Chiefs to move up and draft Watson from Clemson

^^^^
Phantom Phenom

Postby Phantom Phenom » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:22 pm

Damn it chiefs Wrong QB!
Phantom Phenom

Postby Noles1724 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:16 am

Noles1724 wrote:mdb posts will make sense.

Missed this one
Noles1724

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:46 am

real bucs fan wrote:I've got a feeling Trubisky goes 2nd overall.

^^^

Also, Engram going ahead of Njoku is a bit vindicating of my position that he was/is a better prospect. Kind of felt like I was the only person alive who had Engram over Njoku for a while there.
real bucs fan

Postby mdb1958 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:52 am

real bucs fan wrote:

^^^

Also, Engram going ahead of Njoku is a bit vindicating of my position that he was/is a better prospect. Kind of felt like I was the only person alive who had Engram over Njoku for a while there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Negatory!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:57 am

Eli will show us what Engram is all about when it comes to mismatch.
mdb1958

Postby Teitan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:56 pm

real bucs fan wrote:

^^^

He's a nice receiver but not what I would want out of a tight end, I think. He should do really well in New York with Eli and all those other targets to worry sbout
Teitan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:31 pm

Alpha wrote:Bucs pass on BOTH Cook and Mixon. Even if both are available...regardless of the round.

Give credit where credit is due.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Naismith » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:31 pm

Naismith wrote:1. Garett Bolles will be the first offensive lineman taken and will be a top twelve pick.
2. Patrick Mahomes goes in the top half of the first round.
3. Dalvin Cook will be available on day two.
4. Joe Mixon will be available on day three.
5. Marcus Maye sneaks into the first round or goes very early in the second round.
6. Someone trades up for Mitchell Trubisky inside the top ten.
7. Curtis Samuel goes in the first round.
8. Jarrad Davis goes in the first round.
9. Eight DBs go in the first round.
10. John Ross falls to round two.

Less bold predictions, I think Lattimore (outside top ten) goes later than people expect due to injury histories and that Jonathan Allen still goes top five despite rumors of his fall. Three TEs are gone on day one.

I'm going to call it a success. I really didn't think a team would take the bad press on Mixon before day three but was way off on that. Curtis Samuel didn't quite sneak into the first round. I thought the injury history and size would scare people off of Ross early in the draft but, again, way off. And Allen's injury history was clearly scary to team.s

I can see there being real controversy in the press about calling #9 a win, but I meant it as "8+ DBs" and since i'm the scorekeeper, I'm counting it.
Naismith

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed May 03, 2017 3:03 pm

Naismith wrote:
Naismith wrote:1. Garett Bolles will be the first offensive lineman taken and will be a top twelve pick.
5. Marcus Maye sneaks into the first round or goes very early in the second round.

Less bold predictions, I think Lattimore (outside top ten) goes later than people expect due to injury histories and that Jonathan Allen still goes top five despite rumors of his fall. Three TEs are gone on day one.

I'm going to call it a success. I really didn't think a team would take the bad press on Mixon before day three but was way off on that. Curtis Samuel didn't quite sneak into the first round. I thought the injury history and size would scare people off of Ross early in the draft but, again, way off. And Allen's injury history was clearly scary to team.s

I can see there being real controversy in the press about calling #9 a win, but I meant it as "8+ DBs" and since i'm the scorekeeper, I'm counting it.

Nice job, Naismith
beardmcdoug

Postby Brazen331 » Fri May 05, 2017 5:26 am

I predicted Dalvin Cook would be drafted at 14. He went off the board at 41. Since I'm slightly dyslexic, I'm calling this a win :D
Brazen331

Postby Naismith » Fri May 05, 2017 9:36 am

Brazen331 wrote:I predicted Dalvin Cook would be drafted at 14. He went off the board at 41. Since I'm slightly dyslexic, I'm calling this a win :D

As the official score keeper, I'm going to count it.
Naismith

Postby mdb1958 » Fri May 05, 2017 4:30 pm

This is a big one.

Josh Huff makes the team.

Due to the fact I dont know how much football means him, I have no idea if he makes it.
mdb1958

Postby Brazen331 » Sat May 06, 2017 12:00 am

mdb1958 wrote:This is a big one.

Josh Huff makes the team.

Due to the fact I dont know how much football means him, I have no idea if he makes it.

You just want him to make the team so we cut Jesus.
Brazen331

Postby real bucs fan » Sat May 06, 2017 12:29 am

Naismith wrote:

I thought these predictions were supposed to be bold ;)
real bucs fan

Postby mdb1958 » Sun May 07, 2017 5:42 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
Naismith wrote:

Nice job, Naismith

Yeah its a good job, but my only objection is it doesnt have Tampa Bay in it.
mdb1958

Previous

Return to College Football/Draft Talk