Kona's Buc Mock

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Kona's Buc Mock

Postby Konatown » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:17 am

Mock draft
1. Dalvin Cook, RB FSU
The Bucs decide to add a playmaking RB that Jameis is familiar with. After a less than stellar combine, he slips some but the Bucs put an end to that. If you've watched Cook play, you know he's a baller. He won't have to come off the field in any situation and can be the bellcow Koetter is looking for.
2. Juju Smith-Schuster, WR USC
While we added Desean Jackson this off season, the Bucs still wanted to add depth to the WR position and Smith-Schuster presents good value at this pick. While DJ will be the deep threat/WR2 this year, Juju can take a year or two to develop into a fine Robin to Evans Batman.
3. Jake Butt, TE, Michigan
If it weren't for his bowl game injury there's no way Butt would last til this pick. Even if he can't play until late this year or next year, he's the kind of TE that will matchup well with Brate in our 2TE sets that Koetter wants to run.

4. Tyler Orlosky, C West Virginia
The Bucs have been scouting Orlosky and I think he comes into camp to challenge Hawley for a starting job. Eventual starter that could anchor the Bucs line for the next decade.
5. Jerod Evans, QB Virginia Tech
With the free agent QB market dried up, the Bucs decide to draft and develop a QB behind Winston. He's extremely raw and inconsistent, but with proper coaching a a couple years to get acquainted with an NFL offense, he could turn over a nice draft pick in return or become a decent backup for the long haul.
6. Keionta Davis, DE Chattanooga
Small school DE prospect that was a terror off the edge. He'll need some work but he's got the ability to turn into a situational pass rusher that could pair nicely with Noah Spence.
7. Freddie Stevenson, FB FSU
The annual throw away pick. Licht appears to be looking for a FB every year and after scouting and drafting Dalvin Cook, Licht takes notice of Stevenson's lead blocking.
Konatown

Re: Kona's Buc Mock

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:43 am

Would require a bit of luck for those first 4 picks, but not unrealistic. Addresses the 4 positions I want to target early too. I dig it.
real bucs fan

Postby Cheb » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:54 pm

I would definitely support this draft. Well done.
Cheb

Postby Super K » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:04 pm

While I don't "like" this draft, I think it IS very realistic..

Nice job Kona..
Super K

Postby Teitan » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:03 pm

I like this. I'd be ok with Butt and his, most likely, redshirt rookie year.
Teitan

Postby Konatown » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:30 pm

Appreciate the feedback. Did several fanspeak mocks to figure out how the prospects "fell". I would've liked to address OL/DL more but I think One Buc is content with what they have this year. Although Center is an obvious position we could stand to bring in legit competition. Was going between Juju and Tabor(who was usually there) as I'd like to add another CB this year, but realistically I don't see him being there in the 2nd.

While I'm usually against RB's early, Cook is a talented prospect and was the best overall player (also at a position of need), so it was a no brainer. I wouldn't touch any RB not named Cook/Fournette in the first for us.

As for Butt, sucks not to use him early on but he's worth the return on investment. Plus we could say we have a Brate Butt on the field, so there's that.
Konatown

Postby Teitan » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:36 pm

Konatown wrote:Appreciate the feedback. Did several fanspeak mocks to figure out how the prospects "fell". I would've liked to address OL/DL more but I think One Buc is content with what they have this year. Although Center is an obvious position we could stand to bring in legit competition. Was going between Juju and Tabor(who was usually there) as I'd like to add another CB this year, but realistically I don't see him being there in the 2nd.

While I'm usually against RB's early, Cook is a talented prospect and was the best overall player (also at a position of need), so it was a no brainer. I wouldn't touch any RB not named Cook/Fournette in the first for us.

As for Butt, sucks not to use him early on but he's worth the return on investment. Plus we could say we have a Brate Butt on the field, so there's that.

Butt takes it deep into the end zone for a score!!! Fire the cannons!!
Teitan

Postby terrytate » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:05 pm

Not too bad at all. I am leery of taking an RB in the first, still, from what I've seen of Cook I like the way he plays.

My ideal draft involves taking Howard in the first but there is a solid chance that both him and Njoku are gone before we pick. This draft is a bit more realistic. It hits all the notes I would want to hit in this draft. Well done.
terrytate

Postby Doctor » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:57 am

While I hate the idea of missing out on a DB in this draft, I'd take this draft in a heart beat. The offense (which is actually what needs more help) gets a whole lot of new blood.
Doctor

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:36 am

Good mock. I can see this draft happening.
Bootz2004

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:45 am

Love the positions that were addressed. With only 3 safeties on the current roster I probably would have drafted one late.

Value early is always good and I think there is solid chance ALL 3 of those day 1+2 picks would be on the board at those times. I've made my case for Cook here already, I like JuJu's potential develop into a WR2 while having the athleticism to contribute on ST early. Butt would the type of inline TE to compliment Brate that I'd prefer. Sucks he won't be available till the end of the season (of at all), But our corps on offense (QB, WR1, WR3, TE1, LT, RG) are all 23-24yrs old so I'd support getting a value like Butt in rd 3.

If either CB Sidney Jones or TE Jake Butt are there in rd 3 I'd like the pick.
DreadNaught

Return to College Football/Draft Talk