Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
post

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby acmillis » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:43 pm

I like the picks, but as the OP said, I don't think Teez or Ju Ju will be there when we pick in the rounds you have us selecting them in. I'd love for it to happen...but I doubt it.
acmillis
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:05 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:44 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
terrytate wrote:Not bad, funny that it's skewed so heavily towards the U though.

One question though, do you assume Howard is off the board or do you think Njoku is just the better pick?


I think Howard will be gone. Too many things pointing up for him. Cincinnati, Baltimore, Tennessee, New Orleans. I don't think he gets past all 4 of those teams. That said, Njoku impresses me more. And I think he fits better with what we do and what we need than Howard does.

I didn't mean for it to scew so much for the U...But I ain't mad at it lol.


If we didn't have Brate, I would agree with you.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:45 pm

acmillis wrote:I like the picks, but as the OP said, I don't think Teez or Ju Ju will be there when we pick in the rounds you have us selecting them in. I'd love for it to happen...but I doubt it.



Image

?????
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 14796
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 84 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:46 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
I think Howard will be gone. Too many things pointing up for him. Cincinnati, Baltimore, Tennessee, New Orleans. I don't think he gets past all 4 of those teams. That said, Njoku impresses me more. And I think he fits better with what we do and what we need than Howard does.

I didn't mean for it to scew so much for the U...But I ain't mad at it lol.


If we didn't have Brate, I would agree with you.


Brate doesn't come close to Njoku. Brate is not something you build around.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 14796
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 84 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby BucaRican » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:48 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:


5th Round (162nd)- Image
Brady Kaaya, QB, Miami

I know many will be saying "Bye, Felicia" to me for this pick, but hey. We get Winston's backup. Draft em, trade em. Maybe Kaaya becomes a trade piece 1 day. Maybe not. Maybe we need him to spell Winston for a few games. Maybe not. The tools are there and with Koetter's help he can get better. But at the least we've got a young cheap backup QB for Winston for the next 4 years.




WAITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT STOPPPPP EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Becasue according to Bootz we shouldn't put any importance on a backup QB. Wait a minute it is Bootz...

Bootz2004 wrote:Ryan Griffin has 2 years in the system. We're good.



Bootz2004 wrote:We have a guy going into his 5th overall season with 2 years already in the system. Someone we felt so strongly about that we kept him as the 3rd QB for 2 seasons straight. What more is there to discuss


Bootz2004 wrote:This fanbase cares way more than they should. Honestly I bet I could count on 1 finger the number of fanbases who have this much discussion about who their backup QB is. People took pride in their belief that Mike Glennon was a top 5 backup. Like wtf does that even mean. Instead of talking about a guy who won't play unless Jameis Winston is hurt or get suspended we should be talking about the steps Jameis needs to take this year and how the addition of Djax will help.

And I'll ask you the same thing I asked her. Do you believe the Patriots were foolish to have Tom Brady and Matt Cassel as their backups at 1 point or another?



Bootz2004 wrote:This thread tells me the fan base still isn't there yet. They still have a losing mindset. No way in hell should there be this much discussion about who the backup QB is when we have a QB like Jameis Winston leading the way.



Bootz2004 wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:Kid was struggling vs backups.. If Winston goes down the seasons automatically over.. If we have a legit backup.. It's not.


What the hell is a legit backup? To me that means a guy who on his best day should never be starting even if a starter gets hurt.


Bootz2004 wrote:The majority of this fanbase is mentally held down by the pisspoor history. We've never had a legitimate franchise QB so they are preparing themselves for his injury and hope we have a "legit" backup of equal talent to come in and play. At this point it's desperation. RG3, Cutler, these guys like you said were destroyed around here. Now we need them to win games when Winston gets hurt. I think that's the part that sticks out to me. The fact that the "we need a top 1 backup" crowd speaks about injury to Jameis Winston as an inevitable. Question for that crowd: which one of these guys did not miss a game to injury last season? Jameis Winston, Jay Cutler, RG3? I'll wait....


I am now confused, do backups matter? Someone please help! :banghead:
Image
BucaRican
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:53 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:50 pm

Kiddo, my position has long been I'd rather draft a QB than I would pay a washed up old vet.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 14796
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 84 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:53 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:
If we didn't have Brate, I would agree with you.


Brate doesn't come close to Njoku. Brate is not something you build around.


They are similar in the fact they are both TEs who you can't count on in the run game. Even outside of the fact that Howard is a freak in size, speed, strength comb, he's considered one of the best TE prospects ever because a great blocker and receiver. He's closer to Gronk (which everyone wants) than a large WR like Jimmy Graham.

I've watched Njoku a lot and while he's not a a terrible blocker as some say, but he's not great at it. We have a really productive big WR who lines up at TE already. Replacing him with Njoku is a marginal upgrade (if it even is), playing them together is not really a 2 TE set.

I don't love the pick for us. I would hate it if Howard were available.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby BucaRican » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:57 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:Kiddo, my position has long been I'd rather draft a QB than I would pay a washed up old vet.


So waste a draft pick? When 1 in your opinion we have a legit clipboard holder, and 2 we shouldn't focus on backups.
Image
BucaRican
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:53 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:59 pm

BucaRican wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:Kiddo, my position has long been I'd rather draft a QB than I would pay a washed up old vet.


So waste a draft pick? When 1 in your opinion we have a legit clipboard holder, and 2 we shouldn't focus on backups.


I've long asked what a "legit" backup is and no one has answered. And IMO it's better to draft and develop at the position for cheap. A 5th round pick isnt a guarantee at all. Why not draft a backup QB?
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 14796
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 84 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:01 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
BucaRican wrote:
So waste a draft pick? When 1 in your opinion we have a legit clipboard holder, and 2 we shouldn't focus on backups.


I've long asked what a "legit" backup is and no one has answered. And IMO it's better to draft and develop at the position for cheap. A 5th round pick isnt a guarantee at all. Why not draft a backup QB?


It is cheaper and we could highlight them in preseason and get draft picks for them.

We aren't going anywhere with Jay Cutler if Winston goes down. What if we find a guy that we can develop and get some compensation for?
Last edited by uscbucsfan on Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby Super K » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:02 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
BucaRican wrote:
So waste a draft pick? When 1 in your opinion we have a legit clipboard holder, and 2 we shouldn't focus on backups.


I've long asked what a "legit" backup is and no one has answered. And IMO it's better to draft and develop at the position for cheap. A 5th round pick isnt a guarantee at all. Why not draft a backup QB?


Yep
Super K
 
Posts: 3847
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 103 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:05 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Brate doesn't come close to Njoku. Brate is not something you build around.


They are similar in the fact they are both TEs who you can't count on in the run game. Even outside of the fact that Howard is a freak in size, speed, strength comb, he's considered one of the best TE prospects ever because a great blocker and receiver. He's closer to Gronk (which everyone wants) than a large WR like Jimmy Graham.

I've watched Njoku a lot and while he's not a a terrible blocker as some say, but he's not great at it. We have a really productive big WR who lines up at TE already. Replacing him with Njoku is a marginal upgrade (if it even is), playing them together is not really a 2 TE set.

I don't love the pick for us. I would hate it if Howard were available.


Howard is hardly one of the greatest TE prospects ever. The 1 aspect of his game that's a HUGE questionmark is can he actually produce on the field. You can't say he's done it consistently like the true great TE prospects have in college. They didn't need added excuses about the offense and the coaching staff like Howard needs. So to call him one of the greatest ever is a huge stretch.

It's an even BIGGER stretch to say David Njoku and Cameron Brate are similar. Njoku is a decent blocker. Not great. But he has room to develop in that area. That's the only piece with any validity in their comparison. Njoku is head, shoulders knees and toes a better football player than Brate and he actually produced at college. Has more career TDS than Howard. You don't draft athletic TEs like Howard and Njoku because of their blocking.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 14796
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 84 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:10 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:
They are similar in the fact they are both TEs who you can't count on in the run game. Even outside of the fact that Howard is a freak in size, speed, strength comb, he's considered one of the best TE prospects ever because a great blocker and receiver. He's closer to Gronk (which everyone wants) than a large WR like Jimmy Graham.

I've watched Njoku a lot and while he's not a a terrible blocker as some say, but he's not great at it. We have a really productive big WR who lines up at TE already. Replacing him with Njoku is a marginal upgrade (if it even is), playing them together is not really a 2 TE set.

I don't love the pick for us. I would hate it if Howard were available.


Howard is hardly one of the greatest TE prospects ever. The 1 aspect of his game that's a HUGE questionmark is can he actually produce on the field. You can't say he's done it consistently like the true great TE prospects have in college. They didn't need added excuses about the offense and the coaching staff like Howard needs. So to call him one of the greatest ever is a huge stretch.

It's an even BIGGER stretch to say David Njoku and Cameron Brate are similar. Njoku is a decent blocker. Not great. But he has room to develop in that area. That's the only piece with any validity in their comparison. Njoku is head, shoulders knees and toes a better football player than Brate and he actually produced at college. Has more career TDS than Howard. You don't draft athletic TEs like Howard and Njoku because of their blocking.


A lot of people are calling Howard the best TE prospect ever, but it's subjective.

It doesn't matter about college, Brate produces in the NFL. We don't know if Njoku will. I'm not looking to replace Brate and no one should. A TE like Howard would compliment him. Gronk's blocking is absolutely one of the reasons why he's one of the best TEs ever. He can play every down and he's dominant in all aspects of the game. Him being a great blocker helps him as a decoy and in the passing game. That's what I want if we were to draft another TE, which really we don't need. Brate was a top tier receiving TE last season.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:22 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Howard is hardly one of the greatest TE prospects ever. The 1 aspect of his game that's a HUGE questionmark is can he actually produce on the field. You can't say he's done it consistently like the true great TE prospects have in college. They didn't need added excuses about the offense and the coaching staff like Howard needs. So to call him one of the greatest ever is a huge stretch.

It's an even BIGGER stretch to say David Njoku and Cameron Brate are similar. Njoku is a decent blocker. Not great. But he has room to develop in that area. That's the only piece with any validity in their comparison. Njoku is head, shoulders knees and toes a better football player than Brate and he actually produced at college. Has more career TDS than Howard. You don't draft athletic TEs like Howard and Njoku because of their blocking.


A lot of people are calling Howard the best TE prospect ever, but it's subjective.

It doesn't matter about college, Brate produces in the NFL. We don't know if Njoku will. I'm not looking to replace Brate and no one should. A TE like Howard would compliment him. Gronk's blocking is absolutely one of the reasons why he's one of the best TEs ever. He can play every down and he's dominant in all aspects of the game. Him being a great blocker helps him as a decoy and in the passing game. That's what I want if we were to draft another TE, which really we don't need. Brate was a top tier receiving TE last season.


Anyone calling him the best TE prospect ever is completely ignoring his time in college.

And again, Njoku is a decent blocker has room to get better. Many of these analysis are also saying Howard needs to improve his blocking. But you're seriously overdoing it with TEs and blocking. Yes it helps. But it does not make or break a TE. Tony Gonzalez was probably the greatest TE ever. Will be a surefire 1st ballot HOF. And he'll be the 1st to tell you blocking was not on his "to do" list. He wasn't good at it and it didn't matter. He was there to make plays in the passing game. Just like Njoku.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 14796
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 84 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby VauntedTampa2 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:27 pm

Legit back-up in my opinion = a player who has proven the fact they can win games in the NFL. Perhaps they won as a starter during their younger days (Hasselbeck), or maybe they took over for the injured starter and fared admirably (Glennon).

A non-legitimate back-up QB would be a player who has yet to prove themselves as an NFL quarterback. Obviously these players can turn out to be pretty good (Brady comes to mind), but is the back-up QB spot a position to take such a risk, especially when a franchise QB is already on the roster? Griffin, imo, is a non-legitimate qb, but doesn't mean he couldn't come in and dominate (we don't know yet)

At this point, I would much rather use the draft pick on a different position while allocating funds for a vet back-up. If this team ascends to a perennial playoff contender then it might make some sense to use draft picks on QB's in hopes of landing a gem in order to trade him for more picks.

We have to build this team assuming Winston stays healthy all year (defense, playmakers, rotating guards) as opposed to potentially wasted draft picks on late round QBs.

I don't want a late round QB and I'd rather not go with Griffin.
Last edited by VauntedTampa2 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VauntedTampa2
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 8:52 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby Naismith » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:31 pm

If the Bucs do take a TE in the first, everyone needs to temper their expectations as to what to expect early on. Tight end transition is generally slower than other positions, especially with an established pass catching TE on the team.
User avatar
Naismith
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:51 pm
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:34 pm

Glennon is 5-13 as a starter. How is that "proving you can win games"?

Also here's a list of non-legit backups:

Tom Brady
Kurt Warner
Kurt Cousins
Steve Young
Dak Prescott
Tony Romo
Russell Wilson
Jeff Garcia
Brett Favre
Matt Hasselbeck
Colin Kaepernick
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 14796
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 84 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:57 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:
A lot of people are calling Howard the best TE prospect ever, but it's subjective.

It doesn't matter about college, Brate produces in the NFL. We don't know if Njoku will. I'm not looking to replace Brate and no one should. A TE like Howard would compliment him. Gronk's blocking is absolutely one of the reasons why he's one of the best TEs ever. He can play every down and he's dominant in all aspects of the game. Him being a great blocker helps him as a decoy and in the passing game. That's what I want if we were to draft another TE, which really we don't need. Brate was a top tier receiving TE last season.


Anyone calling him the best TE prospect ever is completely ignoring his time in college.

And again, Njoku is a decent blocker has room to get better. Many of these analysis are also saying Howard needs to improve his blocking. But you're seriously overdoing it with TEs and blocking. Yes it helps. But it does not make or break a TE. Tony Gonzalez was probably the greatest TE ever. Will be a surefire 1st ballot HOF. And he'll be the 1st to tell you blocking was not on his "to do" list. He wasn't good at it and it didn't matter. He was there to make plays in the passing game. Just like Njoku.


Tony Gonzalez was actually a very good blocker, but I agree it was not his first priority. The position has evolved and split. There are the really big WRs like Jimmy Graham (or Brate), who can't block for ****. The TEs who can't catch and are used on just running plays...and the Wittens/Gronks of the game who are awesome in all aspects. Witten is a little overrated as a receiver, but he's amazing as a blocker. A healthy Gronk is the best at both aspects. His blocking helps him as a receiver and a weapon/decoy.

Howard's blocking is on a different level than Njoku. I think his ceiling and floor are higher overall because he's bigger, faster, stronger, and already possess better technique.

My point is that we have a really really good WR/TE in Brate. There's no reason to upgrade it, especially when there would be better overall talent at that pick. If we were to add Howard, I get the justification because he's a great blocker, too....something I don't think Brate will ever be.

edit: To your point of Howard needing to improve his blocking. Watch him against Myles Garrett...

and I fully expect MJW to come here and rave about Njoku.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby GameTime » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:05 pm

I wonder about the "howard didnt produce" argument. What type of production are we looking for? He did pretty good for college TE numbers, didnt he?
GameTime
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:45 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:13 pm

Bootz has been a Howard hater since last offseason so I'm surprised he had him off the board already.

But I do agree that blocking from a TE is being overstated some. Howard is obviously a better blocker than Njoku, but the fact is most young TEs coming out of college need to improve in this area. So Howard is the exception vice the rule in terms of be a prospect that can both block and be threat in the passing game as a rookie. When I look at Njoku's body type I think he will be able to get coached up and develop into a better blocker. His frame will allow for some additional mass as well. Howard is certainly the more NFL ready prospect, perhaps the most NFL ready TE I've seen in years. But Njoku could be the better TE in 2-3 years and have the better career. Njoku is inexperience as both a football player and TE in comparison to OJ Howard.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 6621
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 279 times
Been thanked: 279 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:18 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Anyone calling him the best TE prospect ever is completely ignoring his time in college.

And again, Njoku is a decent blocker has room to get better. Many of these analysis are also saying Howard needs to improve his blocking. But you're seriously overdoing it with TEs and blocking. Yes it helps. But it does not make or break a TE. Tony Gonzalez was probably the greatest TE ever. Will be a surefire 1st ballot HOF. And he'll be the 1st to tell you blocking was not on his "to do" list. He wasn't good at it and it didn't matter. He was there to make plays in the passing game. Just like Njoku.


Tony Gonzalez was actually a very good blocker, but I agree it was not his first priority. The position has evolved and split. There are the really big WRs like Jimmy Graham (or Brate), who can't block for ****. The TEs who can't catch and are used on just running plays...and the Wittens/Gronks of the game who are awesome in all aspects. Witten is a little overrated as a receiver, but he's amazing as a blocker. A healthy Gronk is the best at both aspects. His blocking helps him as a receiver and a weapon/decoy.

Howard's blocking is on a different level than Njoku. I think his ceiling and floor are higher overall because he's bigger, faster, stronger, and already possess better technique.

My point is that we have a really really good WR/TE in Brate. There's no reason to upgrade it, especially when there would be better overall talent at that pick. If we were to add Howard, I get the justification because he's a great blocker, too....something I don't think Brate will ever be.

edit: To your point of Howard needing to improve his blocking. Watch him against Myles Garrett...

and I fully expect MJW to come here and rave about Njoku.


You're reaching. Gonzalez was not a good blocker at all.

When the discussion of TEs comes up, 1st, 2nd and 3rd is what can they do in terms of matching up against the defense. I get it. Blocking is important for TEs. But that doesn't mean Brate and Njoku are similar in any way shape or form. That's like saying there's no difference between AJ Green and Justin Hunter. They're similar in size. And both can run. Neither can block. Njokue is a major upgrade in every way from Brate. INCLUDING blocking. More importantly, he's faster, stronger, more elusive, runs better routes, provides much more in terms of YAC. Defenses are going to respect him more than Brate, as they should.

And what do you not get? WE ARE NOT ADDING A TE EARLY BECAUSE WE THINK HE'S A GREAT BLOCKER.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 14796
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 84 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:00 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:
Tony Gonzalez was actually a very good blocker, but I agree it was not his first priority. The position has evolved and split. There are the really big WRs like Jimmy Graham (or Brate), who can't block for ****. The TEs who can't catch and are used on just running plays...and the Wittens/Gronks of the game who are awesome in all aspects. Witten is a little overrated as a receiver, but he's amazing as a blocker. A healthy Gronk is the best at both aspects. His blocking helps him as a receiver and a weapon/decoy.

Howard's blocking is on a different level than Njoku. I think his ceiling and floor are higher overall because he's bigger, faster, stronger, and already possess better technique.

My point is that we have a really really good WR/TE in Brate. There's no reason to upgrade it, especially when there would be better overall talent at that pick. If we were to add Howard, I get the justification because he's a great blocker, too....something I don't think Brate will ever be.

edit: To your point of Howard needing to improve his blocking. Watch him against Myles Garrett...

and I fully expect MJW to come here and rave about Njoku.




And what do you not get? WE ARE NOT ADDING A TE EARLY BECAUSE WE THINK HE'S A GREAT BLOCKER.


I never said that. I said a complete TE is the only reason I would take one at 19 with Brate on the team. Howard is that. He's just as much of a WR threat and a much better blocker and he's bigger, faster, and stronger.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby Teitan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:07 pm

I'd be thrilled with Howard and happy with Njoku. We haven't addressed tight end at all and my gut says that's what we are looking at in round 1. We have one TE worth a damn. If brate goes down, you want Stocker as our primary TE? No way. One of these guys will give us the ability to run two TE sets, and gives us needed depth at the position.
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 1504
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 81 times
Been thanked: 73 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:12 pm

IMHO, and I know I'm in the minority, but if Howard is off the board I'd take Engram over Njoku. Not as big, but he's a much more natural receiver with much better hands and is an even better athlete.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 4458
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 461 times
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:03 pm

real bucs fan wrote:IMHO, and I know I'm in the minority, but if Howard is off the board I'd take Engram over Njoku. Not as big, but he's a much more natural receiver with much better hands and is an even better athlete.


As a WR?
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 14796
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 84 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:12 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:IMHO, and I know I'm in the minority, but if Howard is off the board I'd take Engram over Njoku. Not as big, but he's a much more natural receiver with much better hands and is an even better athlete.


As a WR?


As a move TE ala Jordan Reed. Perhaps he ends up a jumbo WR, but either way he'dbe a big time weapon for us.

Since we'd be drafting Njoku for his athleticism and receiving ability anyway, might as well get a guy who's actually natural as a hands catching receiver and even more athletic.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 4458
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 461 times
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:24 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
As a WR?


As a move TE ala Jordan Reed. Perhaps he ends up a jumbo WR, but either way he'dbe a big time weapon for us.

Since we'd be drafting Njoku for his athleticism and receiving ability anyway, might as well get a guy who's actually natural as a hands catching receiver and even more athletic.


Same applies when comparing Howard to Engram. Why wouldn't you take him over Howard as well?
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 14796
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 84 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:38 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:
As a move TE ala Jordan Reed. Perhaps he ends up a jumbo WR, but either way he'dbe a big time weapon for us.

Since we'd be drafting Njoku for his athleticism and receiving ability anyway, might as well get a guy who's actually natural as a hands catching receiver and even more athletic.


Same applies when comparing Howard to Engram. Why wouldn't you take him over Howard as well?


Because Howard is a legit all around TE who can also help our run game with his blocking.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 4458
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 461 times
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:44 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Same applies when comparing Howard to Engram. Why wouldn't you take him over Howard as well?


Because Howard is a legit all around TE who can also help our run game with his blocking.


Njoku can as well. He's not helpless in that aspect. But you completely abandoned blocking when you brought Engram into the equation and listed his pass catching attributes as a reason you'd take him. So would you prefer a complete TE or a move TE?
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 14796
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 84 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Re: Bootz 2017 Mock Draft

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:47 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:
Because Howard is a legit all around TE who can also help our run game with his blocking.


Njoku can as well. He's not helpless in that aspect. But you completely abandoned blocking when you brought Engram into the equation and listed his pass catching attributes as a reason you'd take him. So would you prefer a complete TE or a move TE?


I'll take the better player. For me it goes Howard>Engram>Njoku.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 4458
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 461 times
Been thanked: 74 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to College Football/Draft Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bootz2004, Buc Futter, Naismith, Zarniwoop and 2 guests