Who's your guy?

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Re: Who's your guy?

Postby Doctor » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:03 am

Depending on how this draft falls I'd love to trade down. Heck, trade down a couple of times.
Doctor

Postby real bucs fan » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:35 am

Dalvin Cook. If he's gone, let's get an OL like Lamp or Robinson. If not them, give me Ross. If Ross is gone too? Probably means someone else fell. A darkhorse pick for me would be Marlon Humphrey. This is all assuming Howard and Davis are off the board.
real bucs fan

Postby Doctor » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:51 am

I'm trying not to get too attached to Dalvin Cook who could easily go to the Panthers in the top ten (I just threw up a little) or the Colts at 15. The guy is exactly what this offense needs. Has excellent vision and just see's the running lanes, can make himself small to get through creases, break through traffic, and has that last gear to just pull away after he hits that hole. Despite how many feel our OL was no where near bad last year and they were opening up holes, Martin was just not hitting them. Rodgers found and hit them just fine. Cook will tear through them. The offense will finally run the way it's suppose to, could end up top 5, and the defense will finally be able to get some rest on the sidelines.
Doctor

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:17 pm

Lamp is my guy. Shore up that Oline and Quizz/Martin/Sims will look as good as any RB running behind our current line. Peppers is my second guy. Dude is a football player. (In depth, I know). He's a play maker in the secondary. Plug him in at safety and the D is set.

For the love of God, I'm hoping we stay away from McCaffrey, Obi, Kamara, Foreman
beardmcdoug

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:24 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:Lamp is my guy. Shore up that Oline and Quizz/Martin/Sims will look as good as any RB running behind our current line.

DreadNaught

Postby Naismith » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:52 pm

I have no basis for this feeling but my gut instinct is that the Bucs really want Peppers at 19. I don't know why, I just think that's the direction they hope to go if he's available.
Naismith

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:25 pm

Naismith wrote:I have no basis for this feeling but my gut instinct is that the Bucs really want Peppers at 19. I don't know why, I just think that's the direction they hope to go if he's available.

I keep picturing Reddick and Willis on the left side of our defense.
mdb1958

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:37 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:Lamp is my guy. Shore up that Oline and Quizz/Martin/Sims will look as good as any RB running behind our current line. Peppers is my second guy. Dude is a football player. (In depth, I know). He's a play maker in the secondary. Plug him in at safety and the D is set.

For the love of God, I'm hoping we stay away from McCaffrey, Obi, Kamara, Foreman

You wouldn't want Foreman in the 2nd (where most are advocating for him)? I think he'd be a great pick there.

I agree on McCaffrey, who I just heard from the Charlotte Observer the Panthers are considering taking at 8 which seems crazy. I want nothing to do with Obi or Kamara in the first. I'd also prefer a more talented player than Budda Baker in the first.

I've accepted that Howard will be gone and have shifted my want Njoku at 19, who I believe will be there. Honestly there are maybe 15 players that I would be really happy to draft at 19. I feel like with my luck we won't pick one of those, but there are a lot of players I like that should be around at 19.
uscbucsfan

Postby Alpha » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:54 pm

Brazen331 wrote:...but no one is going to pay you any mind when you write stupid **** like this.

Sure you won't.

And don't kid yourself. Cook has done some mighty stupid/dangerous **** while at FSU. Repeatedly.

Not saying he's gonna kill his baby-momma...just sayin' I wouldn't be shocked.
Alpha

Previous

Return to College Football/Draft Talk