Pick a player

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Re: Pick a player

Postby Watchout4Bucs » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:03 pm

Mixon. Talent is first round grade, but I hate RB round 1 and he is a guy I only want on my roster if he is a high value pick because other teams won't take a chance on the PR nightmare.
Watchout4Bucs

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:12 pm

I can absolutely see Mixon being drafted here. When was the last time we didn't draft a player who some type of drama or story?
Bootz2004

Postby Nano » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:21 pm

Seems like the typical Licht 2nd round pick. Really talented, really questionable history, really fits a need.
Nano

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:40 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:I can absolutely see Mixon being drafted here. When was the last time we didn't draft a player who some type of drama or story?

It probably would make us the least popular franchise among women with Winston and Mixon in the same backfield so the team will factor that in I'm sure.

That said, drafting Mixon at 50 would allow us to dynamically transform this offense with our first two picks. We could go Ross/Mixon, Njoku/Mixon or Robinson/Mixon. Imagine how different this offense will be with an addition of Jackson, Ross and Mixon.
Brazen331

Postby Doctor » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:38 pm

As usual, it would depend who is on the board, but I could get behind Mixon in the 2nd. I'd prefer the 3rd, but then you really risk him not being there.
Doctor

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:15 pm

If you greenlight Mixon, I think you just take him at 19.
real bucs fan

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:13 pm

real bucs fan wrote:If you greenlight Mixon, I think you just take him at 19.

I hope not. That defeats the entire purpose of not drafting a RB in the 1st while adding 2 1st-round talents to your roster. If you are going to draft Mixon in the 1st you might as well go Cook or McCaffrey instead.
Brazen331

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:18 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:If you greenlight Mixon, I think you just take him at 19.

I hope not. That defeats the entire purpose of not drafting a RB in the 1st while adding 2 1st-round talents to your roster. If you are going to draft Mixon in the 1st you might as well go Cook or McCaffrey instead.

If you give Mixons character the thumbs up, you don't risk waiting until round 2 if you like him. Just take him. If you're okay with his character another team will be as well. Unless someone you like better is there of course.
real bucs fan

Postby Cheb » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:02 am

Leaving his history of bad decisions aside for the sake of argument, Mixon is in the conversation as the fourth best running back behind Fournette, Cook, and McC.

If those three backs are gone, then someone good has probably dropped into your lap. Do not take the fourth running back at number 19 overall. The fact that he's a womanbeating shithead makes that an even easier choice. Also, the fact that he often ran untouched through huge holes behind a good offensive line on a great team with a superior passing threat doesn't help him either. Hell, I don't think he's that good, but that's subjective and really who cares what I think.

Point is, don't overdraft the fourth runningback when you could add a stud at another position.

Not interested.
Cheb

Postby Naismith » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:46 am

real bucs fan wrote:If you give Mixons character the thumbs up, you don't risk waiting until round 2 if you like him. Just take him. If you're okay with his character another team will be as well. Unless someone you like better is there of course.

You certainly do if you have other players graded higher or on par with him.

And I strongly disagree about Mixon being the fourth best RB. In my opinion, he is clearly the second best behind Fournette.
Naismith

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:09 am

I'll wait a couple weeks and then give my recommendations.
mdb1958

Postby Brazen331 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:34 am

mdb1958 wrote:I'll wait a couple weeks and then give my recommendations.

If you are going to keep us in suspense for a couple weeks then these had better be some damn good recommendations.
Brazen331

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:19 am

Brazen331 wrote:

If you are going to keep us in suspense for a couple weeks then these had better be some damn good recommendations.
Pro days will be over by then and then I might just pick us a free superstar running back. I'd rather think there are more than 8 RB's good enough for the NFL.

You should also factor in the running backs spots that lose out because of this years draft. The latest and greatest, as soon as you drive these babies off the showroom floor -------------- most arent even wanted anymore. Not with the same level of excitement - for sure.
mdb1958

Postby real bucs fan » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:29 am

Naismith wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:If you give Mixons character the thumbs up, you don't risk waiting until round 2 if you like him. Just take him. If you're okay with his character another team will be as well. Unless someone you like better is there of course.

You certainly do if you have other players graded higher or on par with him.

And I strongly disagree about Mixon being the fourth best RB. In my opinion, he is clearly the second best behind Fournette.

My point is, much like with Winston, if you are sold on him character wise take him in the first. Like you I think Mixon is #2 behind Fournette, perhaps even right there due to his pass game talent.

If you think he's a scumbag, just remove him from your board. Otherwise what are you doing, gambling that he drops?

If he checks out character wise, he's a steal at 19
real bucs fan

Postby Doctor » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:36 pm

LOL. People have Cook falling to the second but want Mixon at 19....
Doctor

Postby Naismith » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:50 pm

Doctor wrote:LOL. People have Cook falling to the second but want Mixon at 19....

Is that true? Who has Cook going in the second round that wants Mixon in the first?
Naismith

Postby Nano » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:54 pm

Tbh, I'd have no problem taking Mixon at 19. If he didn't have his issues, he probably wouldn't even make it to 19. Taking him there means we believe the stuff is in the past, and if he's the highest guy you have left, do it.
Nano

Postby Alpha » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:59 am

WTF is this Mixon going in the 1st round bullshit?

You people need to stop with the non-sense. His history ALONE will cost him (at least) a round. But SOMEBODY is gonna draft him...and draft him (relatively) early.

I personally believe, considering the Bucs have (allegedly) shown more than a casual interest in Mixon...and considering WHERE they're picking, the conversation BEGINS at "do we take him in the 2nd or try and hope he makes it to us in the 3rd".

We did NOT send GMac to Oklahoma to scout Westbrook or Perine. The interest IS there...it's the WHERE that's in play.

Again...this whole contingency is entirely based on how the previous, 1st round picks play out. Obviously...we draft McCaffrey or Cook (in the 1st)...Mixon is out of the discussion.
Alpha

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:50 am

All options are on the table.

It's been about a week since I've said it, but the Bucs are going to be completely unpredictable in the draft. There's simply no gaping hole in the roster that MUST be addressed in the first round.

I have been banging my face on this draft since September and I have absolutely no clue what Licht is going to do outside of maybe take a safety in the first or second.

He has a ton of options and a lot of them are really good. But nobody outside that war room can do anything but speculate.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:00 pm

I say that because he re-signed some guys I expected him to part with, and signed some good free agents.

He did that last year, but the roster still needed a bunch of guys. It's much more solid this year.

It really is a testament to the work Licht is doing stocking the pantry for Koetter. Bucs fans should be pretty pleased with that.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Super K » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:27 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:I say that because he re-signed some guys I expected him to part with, and signed some good free agents.

He did that last year, but the roster still needed a bunch of guys. It's much more solid this year.

It really is a testament to the work Licht is doing stocking the pantry for Koetter. Bucs fans should be pretty pleased with that.

Couldn't agree more..

Should make the draft more exciting too, BUT...

The last time I felt this unsure about what we were doing, we traded down and grabbed Mark Barron (blech)..

I was NOT pumped when that pick was announced and the results of his tenure back up my disappointment..

Given our new leadership, should be different this time around..
Super K

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:20 pm

I think we go weapons early.
real bucs fan

Postby Noles1724 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:55 pm

Brazen331 wrote:

You're going to be disappointed then
Noles1724

Postby Super K » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:16 pm

real bucs fan wrote:I think we go weapons early.
Super K

Previous

Return to College Football/Draft Talk