Little bit different mock

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Little bit different mock

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:01 am

I made two trades and ended up with 3 extra picks, I went from 19 to 27 and got 91 and 104 from KC. Then I traded down again from 27 to 32 for pick 103 from the Saints. Fill it in with who we picked, I'm curious to see how we think with these slots. I was working off of CBS prospect list and Draftteks of course is different.

For the record this could be a how we pick real soon mock...

84 -

91 -

103 -

104 -

126 -

162 -

204 -

237 -
mdb1958

Re: Little bit different mock

Postby Cheb » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:17 am

I have always loved the idea of trading down and getting as many second and third rounder as possible.

However, would we carry 10 rookies on the final 53? How many of them would see significant playing time, maybe six? If so, wouldn't it be wiser to just get the six best instead of inevitably releasing four of them?

These types of situations are too unrealistic. The Browns this year are an exception to that.
Cheb

Postby real bucs fan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:26 am

RB, Alvin Kamara
TE,Evan Engram
OL, Dion Dawkins
WR, Isaiah Ford
real bucs fan

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:27 pm

Cheb wrote:I have always loved the idea of trading down and getting as many second and third rounder as possible.

However, would we carry 10 rookies on the final 53? How many of them would see significant playing time, maybe six? If so, wouldn't it be wiser to just get the six best instead of inevitably releasing four of them?

These types of situations are too unrealistic. The Browns this year are an exception to that.

Quality over quantity
Bootz2004

Postby Alpha » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:11 pm

Cheb wrote:I have always loved the idea of trading down and getting as many second and third rounder as possible.

Completely agree.

In theory, I like where MDB's head is at...but the fact is that this team is "too good" to carry that many rookies...or HALF of them.

Now...if you're talking FUTURE picks....
Alpha

Postby Doctor » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:33 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:

Quality over quantity

Problem is quality is impossible to predict. Despite all this scouting bullshit, draft is 90% luck. So the more times you get to role the dice, the better. If course not all dice rolls are equal. Higher rounds roll better.
Doctor

Postby terrytate » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:45 pm

IMO it depends on the draft. Some years the early rounds have relatively few players with taking that high. This is a year I'd kill to have a number of picks in the first three rounds. We could easily grab guys who would start for us in the third and 4th rounds. While our roster doesn't have any massive holes like in recent years, there are still plenty of spots that could easily be upgraded.
terrytate

Return to College Football/Draft Talk