Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby Doctor » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:17 am

Peppers won't make it pass the Pats. He's a total Pats kind of pick.
Doctor

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:17 am

Super K wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:
Kwon not a thumper... LVD to Sam where he'd come off on 3rd down... Kwon to will

#1. No, Kwon is NOT a thumper at the POA on the inside run game..he grabs, leaves his feet and rolls..

Watch some tape and count how many times the RB falls or rolls forward on his tackles...

And he does not take on guards and tackles well...if he knifes around/in front/behind them and can make a play he's golden, but if they touch him he's done..

He's a speed player...which is why he'd be a damn nice Will...

#2. LVD doesn't HAVE to come off the field on 3rd down, he can just slide over to MLB and Foster can..

Even if LVD DID come off the field on 3rd downs, we wouldn't be losing much in terms of coverage (unless Foster absolutely blows balls..because LVD does)..

Super K - I hear your points, thanks

I'll admit, I hadn't watch much tape on Reuben Foster, I just watched some and then capped it off with his highlight video... laughed my freaking ass off the whole video. Guy is an absolute freak. And he's got insane football instincts. I would be 100% pleased with Foster as the pick, and we'd just need to adjust LVD and Kwon accordingly, I agree
beardmcdoug

Postby Doctor » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:24 am

Foster will likely be long gone by 19. If you want a thumper look at Jarrad Davis, who could be there in the second for us.
Doctor

Postby BradC » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:30 am

Bootz2004 wrote:Awww Cheb. You hurt his feelings.

Bootz, don't act like Cheb is your friend. We all know you have no friends.

And don't worry Bootz, you'll never have to worry about hurting my feelings. Matter of fact, I actually feel sorry for Forum Trolls like you whose sole purpose in life is to try and make everyone else feel as miserable as you do.

Meanwhile, you should consider adding the following sig:

Bootz - Making forum threads toxic one post at a time!

It's long overdue!
BradC

Postby Super K » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:53 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
Super K wrote:
#1. No, Kwon is NOT a thumper at the POA on the inside run game..he grabs, leaves his feet and rolls..

Watch some tape and count how many times the RB falls or rolls forward on his tackles...

And he does not take on guards and tackles well...if he knifes around/in front/behind them and can make a play he's golden, but if they touch him he's done..

He's a speed player...which is why he'd be a damn nice Will...

#2. LVD doesn't HAVE to come off the field on 3rd down, he can just slide over to MLB and Foster can..

Even if LVD DID come off the field on 3rd downs, we wouldn't be losing much in terms of coverage (unless Foster absolutely blows balls..because LVD does)..

Super K - I hear your points, thanks

I'll admit, I hadn't watch much tape on Reuben Foster, I just watched some and then capped it off with his highlight video... laughed my freaking ass off the whole video. Guy is an absolute freak. And he's got insane football instincts. I would be 100% pleased with Foster as the pick, and we'd just need to adjust LVD and Kwon accordingly, I agree

All good in the hood man..I just like talking football..

That Gif was funny as hell though...
Super K

Postby VauntedTampa2 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:34 pm

This Brad guy is emotional
VauntedTampa2

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:45 pm

BradC wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:Awww Cheb. You hurt his feelings.

Bootz, don't act like Cheb is your friend. We all know you have no friends.

And don't worry Bootz, you'll never have to worry about hurting my feelings. Matter of fact, I actually feel sorry for Forum Trolls like you whose sole purpose in life is to try and make everyone else feel as miserable as you do.

Meanwhile, you should consider adding the following sig:

Bootz - Making forum threads toxic one post at a time!

It's long overdue!

So Cheb did hurt your feelings and you're lashing out at me. Even though I said nothing to you. Nice.
Bootz2004

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:54 pm

mdb has ruled on the matter in civil court and has awarded 2 comp steak dinners to be sent to Brad from Cheb and Bootz.
mdb1958

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:41 pm

Christ, Brad. Lighten up.

Cheb is a wonderful man with a slow hand and an easy touch.

He's everything you want in a lover.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Super K » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:08 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Christ, Brad. Lighten up.

Cheb is a wonderful man with a slow hand and an easy touch.

He's everything you want in a lover.

Hmmm...I've heard conflicting information, PMI asserts that Cheb is pretty rough..

Alot of choking and hair pulling was mentioned..

And one mean ass donkey punch..
Super K

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:09 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:Super K - I hear your points, thanks

I kinda reacted the same way to Super K's post about Kwon, but I get it. But Kwon (227lbs) is just as big as Foster (229lbs) according to there combine weigh ins, and they ALL use speed to slip Guards/OL to make plays in the run game. No 230lb LB is going to take on a 315lb OL and be successful at the POA in the NFL very often.

But anyways, if a LB like Foster is there at 19 and all the skill guys are off the board I think it would be tough to pass on him. I think you draft him and make it work. Having 3 super athletic LBs isn't a bad thing. Foster is playmaker at LB and combine him w/ LVD and Kwon and we'll a trio capable of generating alot of splash plays and turnovers.

That gif is one of my favs btw
DreadNaught

Postby Super K » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:23 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:Super K - I hear your points, thanks

I kinda reacted the same way to Super K's post about Kwon, but I get it. But Kwon (227lbs) is just as big as Foster (229lbs) according to there combine weigh ins, and they ALL use speed to slip Guards/OL to make plays in the run game. No 230lb LB is going to take on a 315lb OL and be successful at the POA in the NFL very often.

But anyways, if a LB like Foster is there at 19 and all the skill guys are off the board I think it would be tough to pass on him. I think you draft him and make it work. Having 3 super athletic LBs isn't a bad thing. Foster is playmaker at LB and combine him w/ LVD and Kwon and we'll a trio capable of generating alot of splash plays and turnovers.

That gif is one of my favs btw

The difference between Kwon and Foster isn't a size thing, it's style of play...

Foster squares people up, attacks and drives through them on the tackle or when he takes on blocks..

Kwon, well he does what I already said..

And I love me some Kwon, so this isn't and indictment on him...
Super K

Previous

Return to College Football/Draft Talk