Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
post

Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby BradC » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:35 pm

Hey all,

Now that the NFL Combine is in the books, just curious as to what your top 5 or top 10 wish list is for the Bucs 1st round pick.

Obviously, we'd all love to have Myles Garrett at the #1 spot on our lists, but try to look at this from a fairly realistic point of view as to who could potentially be there at pick #19. Having said that, if you believe Jonathan Allen will slide that far based on the rumor regarding his arthritic shoulders, by all means, throw him on your list! Just state in parentheses after the player's name why you believe he'll be there at #19.

In addition, if you'd like to see the Bucs trade down (or up) from pick #19, give us the spot you'd like to see them trade for or move to. And, if you wish, feel free to list the team the trade would include...and maybe even what the trade would entail.

Here's my top 10 Wish List in order of preference:

1. Corey Davis
2. John Ross
3. O.J. Howard
4. Dalvin Cook
5. Christian McCaffrey
6. Mike Williams (I'm really concerned with his speed and ability to separate against NFL corners. We already have a jump ball guy in Evans, so I'd prefer Davis or Ross.)
7. Reuben Foster
8. Haason Reddick (I know LB isn't a priority as much as WR, DE-DL, DB and RB, but the thought of David, Alexander and Reddick together has me salivating.)
9. Derek Barnett
10. Evan Engram (Before the Combine, I would have thought drafting him this high would be nuts, but after his Combine, I can easily see him shooting up the draft board. For me, he's essentially a faster Jordan Reed although #19 is probably still too high to take him and the Bucs quite possibly could trade down a bit and still grab him.)

*I didn't list any DBs on my list (other than Peppers) due to the depth at the DB position. I feel as if the Bucs could easily wait until their 2nd round pick to address this position. This draft is being touted by some as being possibly the deepest DB draft ever! The only reason I have Peppers listed is because he is so versatile -- he can play linebacker, safety as well as return kicks and punts. I'd be happy seeing the Bucs draft Adams, Hooker or Lattimore, but really doubt any one of them will be there at #19.

Anxious to see everyone else's list! :o

Thanks! :D
Last edited by BradC on Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
BradC
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:27 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby reagan SMASH » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:55 pm

I readily admit my college football knowledge is vastly inferior to pretty much everyone on this board...I just don't watch that much of it. So I haven't yet formed an opinion on enough players to make a well-reasoned list. But I can at least tell you my first choice pick: OJ Howard. I think he'd be a perfect fit in our offense, both from a receiving and blocking perspective, and if we add a deep threat like DeSean in FA, the two totally transform our offense. It would be seriously fun to watch.

Safety is arguably a position of more "need" but I agree that Peppers is probably the only one that will be there when we pick, and I don't think he's what we need.
User avatar
reagan SMASH
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:25 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby BradC » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:12 pm

reagan SMASH wrote:I readily admit my college football knowledge is vastly inferior to pretty much everyone on this board...I just don't watch that much of it. So I haven't yet formed an opinion on enough players to make a well-reasoned list. But I can at least tell you my first choice pick: OJ Howard. I think he'd be a perfect fit in our offense, both from a receiving and blocking perspective, and if we add a deep threat like DeSean in FA, the two totally transform our offense. It would be seriously fun to watch.

Safety is arguably a position of more "need" but I agree that Peppers is probably the only one that will be there when we pick, and I don't think he's what we need.


I might be the only one hoping we don't get DeSean, but I just think that the price for him is too high. However, I do agree with everything you said about Howard. I'd love to see him in a Bucs uniform and could easily see him having a greater impact than possibly any other player available to the Bucs in the draft.
User avatar
BradC
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:27 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:31 pm

OJ Howard #1 for me, followed by the 3 WRs.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 4873
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 501 times
Been thanked: 77 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby reagan SMASH » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:36 pm

BradC wrote:
reagan SMASH wrote:I readily admit my college football knowledge is vastly inferior to pretty much everyone on this board...I just don't watch that much of it. So I haven't yet formed an opinion on enough players to make a well-reasoned list. But I can at least tell you my first choice pick: OJ Howard. I think he'd be a perfect fit in our offense, both from a receiving and blocking perspective, and if we add a deep threat like DeSean in FA, the two totally transform our offense. It would be seriously fun to watch.

Safety is arguably a position of more "need" but I agree that Peppers is probably the only one that will be there when we pick, and I don't think he's what we need.


I might be the only one hoping we don't get DeSean, but I just think that the price for him is too high. However, I do agree with everything you said about Howard. I'd love to see him in a Bucs uniform and could easily see him having a greater impact than possibly any other player available to the Bucs in the draft.

I think DeSean would be worth that price for another 2-3 years. I'm not one to advocate spending more than we need to, but he would add a completely different dimension to this offense that spending the extra few million dollars would be worth it, in my opinion. Especially since we have the cap space. A front-loaded contract that would essentially be guaranteed for only 2 years would be ideal to me.
User avatar
reagan SMASH
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:25 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Jabrill Peppers has officially fallen off my list. I was able to watch a bunch of videos of him playing in various games and I think he will struggle at safety in coverage. He appears to have really stiff hips and just doesn't look comfortable playing the position. I don't think a first round pick is worth a returner and a tweener who doesn't have a real position on the defense. I think more often than not coaches can't figure out how to use players like that. They are better suited for established units than what we have.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby Naismith » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:33 pm

These aren't in any order, just as I thought of them.

Solomon Thomas, Taco Charlton, Ryan Ramcyzk, Derek Barnett, Jonathan Allen, Garett Bolles, Charles Harris, Leonard Fournette, OJ Howard, Forrest Lamp
User avatar
Naismith
 
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:51 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby pewterpirates » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:42 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:Jabrill Peppers has officially fallen off my list. I was able to watch a bunch of videos of him playing in various games and I think he will struggle at safety in coverage. He appears to have really stiff hips and just doesn't look comfortable playing the position. I don't think a first round pick is worth a returner and a tweener who doesn't have a real position on the defense. I think more often than not coaches can't figure out how to use players like that. They are better suited for established units than what we have.


I'd be legit pissed if we took Peppers at 19. And I've felt that way for a while.

McShay said this morning that he expects Peppers to fall in the 2nd.
pewterpirates
 
Posts: 1452
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:52 pm
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:52 pm

pewterpirates wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Jabrill Peppers has officially fallen off my list. I was able to watch a bunch of videos of him playing in various games and I think he will struggle at safety in coverage. He appears to have really stiff hips and just doesn't look comfortable playing the position. I don't think a first round pick is worth a returner and a tweener who doesn't have a real position on the defense. I think more often than not coaches can't figure out how to use players like that. They are better suited for established units than what we have.


I'd be legit pissed if we took Peppers at 19. And I've felt that way for a while.

McShay said this morning that he expects Peppers to fall in the 2nd.


I actually just read a quote from McShay stating that some GMs see him being a 2nd or 3rd round prospect. I was exploring to see if others agreed with me as it seems like everyone here loves him and would be happy if we reached for him.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby BradC » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:51 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
pewterpirates wrote:
I'd be legit pissed if we took Peppers at 19. And I've felt that way for a while.

McShay said this morning that he expects Peppers to fall in the 2nd.


I actually just read a quote from McShay stating that some GMs see him being a 2nd or 3rd round prospect. I was exploring to see if others agreed with me as it seems like everyone here loves him and would be happy if we reached for him.


You know, I have to admit you make a really good point. I've seen a few Michigan games this season and I honestly wasn't that impressed with Peppers. I've kind of bought into the hype with him from the Combine -- which almost always causes me to kick myself later and wonder why I keep doing that. Not to sound like Koetter, but the 'eye test' has always been the best gauge for me as to how good a player is. And, while Peppers was decent in the 3-4 games I saw, there was nothing there that made me say 'wow'.
User avatar
BradC
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:27 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby BradC » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:59 pm

BradC wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:
I actually just read a quote from McShay stating that some GMs see him being a 2nd or 3rd round prospect. I was exploring to see if others agreed with me as it seems like everyone here loves him and would be happy if we reached for him.


You know, I have to admit you make a really good point. I've seen a few Michigan games this season and I honestly wasn't that impressed with Peppers. I've kind of bought into the hype with him from the Combine -- which almost always causes me to kick myself later and wonder why I keep doing that. Not to sound like Koetter, but the 'eye test' has always been the best gauge for me as to how good a player is. And, while Peppers was decent in the 3-4 games I saw, there was nothing there that made me say 'wow'.


There, I just took out Peppers and replaced him with Reuben Foster -- who I loved in every game I've seen him play in.

Only hope the issue he had at the Combine was an anomaly.
User avatar
BradC
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:27 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:08 pm

BradC wrote:
BradC wrote:
You know, I have to admit you make a really good point. I've seen a few Michigan games this season and I honestly wasn't that impressed with Peppers. I've kind of bought into the hype with him from the Combine -- which almost always causes me to kick myself later and wonder why I keep doing that. Not to sound like Koetter, but the 'eye test' has always been the best gauge for me as to how good a player is. And, while Peppers was decent in the 3-4 games I saw, there was nothing there that made me say 'wow'.


There, I just took out Peppers and replaced him with Reuben Foster -- who I loved in every game I've seen him play in.

Only hope the issue he had at the Combine was an anomaly.


You worried that he'll get into more shouting matches with hospital techs? Please. It's hardly a story. It was only made a big deal because it was during the NFL Combine. I doubt he falls because of it. If he does Id glady take him at 19.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 15732
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 88 times
Been thanked: 362 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby BradC » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:17 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
BradC wrote:
There, I just took out Peppers and replaced him with Reuben Foster -- who I loved in every game I've seen him play in.

Only hope the issue he had at the Combine was an anomaly.


You worried that he'll get into more shouting matches with hospital techs? Please. It's hardly a story. It was only made a big deal because it was during the NFL Combine. I doubt he falls because of it. If he does Id glady take him at 19.


No, not terribly. Everything I've heard about Foster prior to the Combine is that he's a good kid and a great leader both in the clubhouse and on the field. Was actually a bit shocked when I first heard the news. My initial reaction was that the NFL Network had made a mistake saying Foster and instead meant Tim Williams.
User avatar
BradC
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:27 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby Super K » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:52 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
BradC wrote:
There, I just took out Peppers and replaced him with Reuben Foster -- who I loved in every game I've seen him play in.

Only hope the issue he had at the Combine was an anomaly.


You worried that he'll get into more shouting matches with hospital techs? Please. It's hardly a story. It was only made a big deal because it was during the NFL Combine. I doubt he falls because of it. If he does Id glady take him at 19.


I only want it to be an issue because "**** Bama and **** Saban"..

But I like Foster as well..he'd FINALLY give us a true thumper style MLB so we don't have to be destroyed on the inside run anymore..

Move Kwon to Will..

Move LVD to Sam and let him play downhill which is his forte...though I don't think he is a physical enough POA player, he can't do worse than the corpse we had out there last year...AND his piss poor coverage skills would still be an upgrade over the non-existent coverage skills of his predecessor...
Super K
 
Posts: 4299
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 119 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:25 pm

Super K wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
You worried that he'll get into more shouting matches with hospital techs? Please. It's hardly a story. It was only made a big deal because it was during the NFL Combine. I doubt he falls because of it. If he does Id glady take him at 19.


I only want it to be an issue because "**** Bama and **** Saban"..

But I like Foster as well..he'd FINALLY give us a true thumper style MLB so we don't have to be destroyed on the inside run anymore..

Move Kwon to Will..

Move LVD to Sam and let him play downhill which is his forte...though I don't think he is a physical enough POA player, he can't do worse than the corpse we had out there last year...AND his piss poor coverage skills would still be an upgrade over the non-existent coverage skills of his predecessor...


Kwon not a thumper... LVD to Sam where he'd come off on 3rd down... Kwon to will

Image
User avatar
beardmcdoug
 
Posts: 943
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 pm
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby Super K » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:36 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Super K wrote:
I only want it to be an issue because "**** Bama and **** Saban"..

But I like Foster as well..he'd FINALLY give us a true thumper style MLB so we don't have to be destroyed on the inside run anymore..

Move Kwon to Will..

Move LVD to Sam and let him play downhill which is his forte...though I don't think he is a physical enough POA player, he can't do worse than the corpse we had out there last year...AND his piss poor coverage skills would still be an upgrade over the non-existent coverage skills of his predecessor...


Kwon not a thumper... LVD to Sam where he'd come off on 3rd down... Kwon to will

Image


#1. No, Kwon is NOT a thumper at the POA on the inside run game..he grabs, leaves his feet and rolls..

Watch some tape and count how many times the RB falls or rolls forward on his tackles...

And he does not take on guards and tackles well...if he knifes around/in front/behind them and can make a play he's golden, but if they touch him he's done..

He's a speed player...which is why he'd be a damn nice Will...

#2. LVD doesn't HAVE to come off the field on 3rd down, he can just slide over to MLB and Foster can..

Even if LVD DID come off the field on 3rd downs, we wouldn't be losing much in terms of coverage (unless Foster absolutely blows balls..because LVD does)..
Super K
 
Posts: 4299
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 119 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby Cheb » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:40 pm

BradC wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:
I actually just read a quote from McShay stating that some GMs see him being a 2nd or 3rd round prospect. I was exploring to see if others agreed with me as it seems like everyone here loves him and would be happy if we reached for him.


You know, I have to admit you make a really good point. I've seen a few Michigan games this season and I honestly wasn't that impressed with Peppers. I've kind of bought into the hype with him from the Combine -- which almost always causes me to kick myself later and wonder why I keep doing that. Not to sound like Koetter, but the 'eye test' has always been the best gauge for me as to how good a player is. And, while Peppers was decent in the 3-4 games I saw, there was nothing there that made me say 'wow'.


I've watched every game of Pepper's career. You must be drunk. He made splash plays every game.

You must have been watching some other Michigan game.

Maybe Michigan State?

It's easy to get confused. Same state and all. In which case, you weren't watching Jabrill Peppers, but backup linebacker Andrew Dowell. They have similar builds and both play linebacker, so I can see how you could have come to the erroneous conclusion that Jabrill Peppers doesn't pass the eye test.

Anyways. Pepper may fall to the second because people can't decide if he can play safety. The dude was a five star corner recruit; he has no difficulty playing in coverage, it's just that his coaches (correctly) ascertained that he's better playing downhill and in the alley as the ultimate force player instead of playing away from the LoS.

I'll allow that he may drop to the second, but I maintain that he will prove people wrong. He's a great football player, even if he doesn't fit into a positional archetype. He has New England Patriot written all over him.
Image
Cheb
 
Posts: 2049
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Location: West Coast
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 189 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:10 pm

Cheb wrote:
BradC wrote:
You know, I have to admit you make a really good point. I've seen a few Michigan games this season and I honestly wasn't that impressed with Peppers. I've kind of bought into the hype with him from the Combine -- which almost always causes me to kick myself later and wonder why I keep doing that. Not to sound like Koetter, but the 'eye test' has always been the best gauge for me as to how good a player is. And, while Peppers was decent in the 3-4 games I saw, there was nothing there that made me say 'wow'.


I've watched every game of Pepper's career. You must be drunk. He made splash plays every game.

You must have been watching some other Michigan game.

Maybe Michigan State?

It's easy to get confused. Same state and all. In which case, you weren't watching Jabrill Peppers, but backup linebacker Andrew Dowell. They have similar builds and both play linebacker, so I can see how you could have come to the erroneous conclusion that Jabrill Peppers doesn't pass the eye test.

Anyways. Pepper may fall to the second because people can't decide if he can play safety. The dude was a five star corner recruit; he has no difficulty playing in coverage, it's just that his coaches (correctly) ascertained that he's better playing downhill and in the alley as the ultimate force player instead of playing away from the LoS.

I'll allow that he may drop to the second, but I maintain that he will prove people wrong. He's a great football player, even if he doesn't fit into a positional archetype. He has New England Patriot written all over him.


He did make splash plays every game, but he also shied away from hits every game, looked out of position (because he was), and has a lot to learn and hone to ever be capable in coverage. Being a 5 star corner prospect doesn't mean anything about his coverage ability. Every year HS QBs or WRs are labeled 5 star CB prospects simply due to their build and athleticism (which he has).

I think he can be good on the right team, but that team is not here in Tampa. I think if we wanted a true Safety, better prospects would be there at 19.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby BradC » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:21 pm

Cheb wrote:
BradC wrote:
You know, I have to admit you make a really good point. I've seen a few Michigan games this season and I honestly wasn't that impressed with Peppers. I've kind of bought into the hype with him from the Combine -- which almost always causes me to kick myself later and wonder why I keep doing that. Not to sound like Koetter, but the 'eye test' has always been the best gauge for me as to how good a player is. And, while Peppers was decent in the 3-4 games I saw, there was nothing there that made me say 'wow'.


I've watched every game of Pepper's career. You must be drunk. He made splash plays every game.

You must have been watching some other Michigan game.

Maybe Michigan State?

It's easy to get confused. Same state and all. In which case, you weren't watching Jabrill Peppers, but backup linebacker Andrew Dowell. They have similar builds and both play linebacker, so I can see how you could have come to the erroneous conclusion that Jabrill Peppers doesn't pass the eye test.

Anyways. Pepper may fall to the second because people can't decide if he can play safety. The dude was a five star corner recruit; he has no difficulty playing in coverage, it's just that his coaches (correctly) ascertained that he's better playing downhill and in the alley as the ultimate force player instead of playing away from the LoS.

I'll allow that he may drop to the second, but I maintain that he will prove people wrong. He's a great football player, even if he doesn't fit into a positional archetype. He has New England Patriot written all over him.


Cheb, thanks for reminding me why I rarely come to this site. It's ***** like you and Bootz that can't have a ****ing conversation without insulting people and act as if your opinions are the only ones that matter!

You act like a little bitch that got beaten up a lot as a kid and now has to make up for it by constantly sounding tough behind his keyboard, insulting others to make himself feel better.

What a douche!
User avatar
BradC
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:27 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:26 pm

BradC wrote:
Cheb wrote:
I've watched every game of Pepper's career. You must be drunk. He made splash plays every game.

You must have been watching some other Michigan game.

Maybe Michigan State?

It's easy to get confused. Same state and all. In which case, you weren't watching Jabrill Peppers, but backup linebacker Andrew Dowell. They have similar builds and both play linebacker, so I can see how you could have come to the erroneous conclusion that Jabrill Peppers doesn't pass the eye test.

Anyways. Pepper may fall to the second because people can't decide if he can play safety. The dude was a five star corner recruit; he has no difficulty playing in coverage, it's just that his coaches (correctly) ascertained that he's better playing downhill and in the alley as the ultimate force player instead of playing away from the LoS.

I'll allow that he may drop to the second, but I maintain that he will prove people wrong. He's a great football player, even if he doesn't fit into a positional archetype. He has New England Patriot written all over him.


Cheb, thanks for reminding me why I rarely come to this site. It's ***** like you and Bootz that can't have a ****ing conversation without insulting people and act as if your opinions are the only ones that matter!

You act like a little bitch that got beaten up a lot as a kid and now has to make up for it by constantly sounding tough behind his keyboard, insulting others to make himself feel better.

What a douche!


Cheb is a great poster here. He's just a huge Michigan homer and gets defensive. Take it with a grain of salt. He's normally not very combative and is willing to lend his football knowledge.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby BradC » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:34 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
BradC wrote:
Cheb, thanks for reminding me why I rarely come to this site. It's ***** like you and Bootz that can't have a ****ing conversation without insulting people and act as if your opinions are the only ones that matter!

You act like a little bitch that got beaten up a lot as a kid and now has to make up for it by constantly sounding tough behind his keyboard, insulting others to make himself feel better.

What a douche!


Cheb is a great poster here. He's just a huge Michigan homer and gets defensive. Take it with a grain of salt. He's normally not very combative and is willing to lend his football knowledge.


No question he posts a lot here, but he's been a jerk to me on multiple occasions for no valid reason. Maybe he just gets really butt-hurt a lot with the things I say.

As far as Peppers goes, it's not like I said the guy was awful. Like you, I'm just not sure he's worth the #19th pick in the draft because like I suggested in my earlier post, this is a very deep draft at DB where Peppers would more than likely play if he were drafted by the Bucs.

Just my 2 cents worth, but then again, I'm probably drunk according to Cheb.
User avatar
BradC
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:27 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:41 pm

Super K wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:
Kwon not a thumper... LVD to Sam where he'd come off on 3rd down... Kwon to will

Image


#1. No, Kwon is NOT a thumper at the POA on the inside run game..he grabs, leaves his feet and rolls..

Watch some tape and count how many times the RB falls or rolls forward on his tackles...

And he does not take on guards and tackles well...if he knifes around/in front/behind them and can make a play he's golden, but if they touch him he's done..

He's a speed player...which is why he'd be a damn nice Will...

#2. LVD doesn't HAVE to come off the field on 3rd down, he can just slide over to MLB and Foster can..

Even if LVD DID come off the field on 3rd downs, we wouldn't be losing much in terms of coverage (unless Foster absolutely blows balls..because LVD does)..


Coverage is what makes Foster as special as he is. He's more Derrick Brooks than LVD is. Not even close. No, you're not taking him off the field on 3rd down. LVD gotta go. I don't know what mcdoug is surprised at. LVD has become a fan favorite yes and he is a terrific player. But coverage isn't his thing at all.

We can always mix it up as well. Throw some 3-3-5 looks in there. A defense shouldn't be limited to certain looks only.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 15732
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 88 times
Been thanked: 362 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby Cheb » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:09 pm

BradC wrote:
Cheb wrote:
I've watched every game of Pepper's career. You must be drunk. He made splash plays every game.

You must have been watching some other Michigan game.

Maybe Michigan State?

It's easy to get confused. Same state and all. In which case, you weren't watching Jabrill Peppers, but backup linebacker Andrew Dowell. They have similar builds and both play linebacker, so I can see how you could have come to the erroneous conclusion that Jabrill Peppers doesn't pass the eye test.

Anyways. Pepper may fall to the second because people can't decide if he can play safety. The dude was a five star corner recruit; he has no difficulty playing in coverage, it's just that his coaches (correctly) ascertained that he's better playing downhill and in the alley as the ultimate force player instead of playing away from the LoS.

I'll allow that he may drop to the second, but I maintain that he will prove people wrong. He's a great football player, even if he doesn't fit into a positional archetype. He has New England Patriot written all over him.


Cheb, thanks for reminding me why I rarely come to this site. It's ***** like you and Bootz that can't have a ****ing conversation without insulting people and act as if your opinions are the only ones that matter!

You act like a little bitch that got beaten up a lot as a kid and now has to make up for it by constantly sounding tough behind his keyboard, insulting others to make himself feel better.

What a douche!


I disagree with you. I didn't personally insult you, unless you think a difference of opinion is a personal attack.

I had a happy childhood free from beatings and my self esteem is perfectly excellent.

If you want to talk football, then talk football. If you want to talk about your fee-fees and how you can't live in a world where people don't subscribe to every nuance of your worldview, then get a therapist.

I'm not mad at you. Never have been. The only poster here who gets my goat is PMI, because he's a narcissistic ***hole who adds nothing to anything. Everyone else is pretty much gravy, even though we may disagree.

Lighten up.
Image
Cheb
 
Posts: 2049
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Location: West Coast
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 189 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:19 pm

I think because of the concerns being spotlighted he is going to come into the league with a chip on his shoulder, I think that chip most likely will roll in a positive way.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 5919
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:22 pm

Reddick will probably go thru this too.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 5919
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby BradC » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:31 pm

Cheb wrote:
BradC wrote:
Cheb, thanks for reminding me why I rarely come to this site. It's ***** like you and Bootz that can't have a ****ing conversation without insulting people and act as if your opinions are the only ones that matter!

You act like a little bitch that got beaten up a lot as a kid and now has to make up for it by constantly sounding tough behind his keyboard, insulting others to make himself feel better.

What a douche!


I disagree with you. I didn't personally insult you, unless you think a difference of opinion is a personal attack.

I had a happy childhood free from beatings and my self esteem is perfectly excellent.

If you want to talk football, then talk football. If you want to talk about your fee-fees and how you can't live in a world where people don't subscribe to every nuance of your worldview, then get a therapist.

I'm not mad at you. Never have been. The only poster here who gets my goat is PMI, because he's a narcissistic ***hole who adds nothing to anything. Everyone else is pretty much gravy, even though we may disagree.

Lighten up.


So, the following is not an insult in your mind:

"I've watched every game of Pepper's career. You must be drunk. He made splash plays every game.

You must have been watching some other Michigan game.

Maybe Michigan State?


It's easy to get confused. Same state and all. In which case, you weren't watching Jabrill Peppers, but backup linebacker Andrew Dowell. They have similar builds and both play linebacker, so I can see how you could have come to the erroneous conclusion that Jabrill Peppers doesn't pass the eye test.
"

Cause that sounds an awful lot like a condescending insult to me.

I grew up in Vermont where I was either stuck watching Michigan or Notre Dame for most of my childhood. So yes, I know the difference between Michigan and Michigan State...not to mention a good friend of mine was a Michigan fan as a kid back when Bo Schembechler was the head coach. Not to insult anyone here, but as someone hovering around 40 years of age, I'd wager I've probably watched more college and pro football in my life than most here on this forum.

So, if your intention was not to insult me or come off as condescending, then my apologies, but it certainly came off that way IMHO.
User avatar
BradC
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:27 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby Super K » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:43 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Super K wrote:
#1. No, Kwon is NOT a thumper at the POA on the inside run game..he grabs, leaves his feet and rolls..

Watch some tape and count how many times the RB falls or rolls forward on his tackles...

And he does not take on guards and tackles well...if he knifes around/in front/behind them and can make a play he's golden, but if they touch him he's done..

He's a speed player...which is why he'd be a damn nice Will...

#2. LVD doesn't HAVE to come off the field on 3rd down, he can just slide over to MLB and Foster can..

Even if LVD DID come off the field on 3rd downs, we wouldn't be losing much in terms of coverage (unless Foster absolutely blows balls..because LVD does)..


Coverage is what makes Foster as special as he is. He's more Derrick Brooks than LVD is. Not even close. No, you're not taking him off the field on 3rd down. LVD gotta go. I don't know what mcdoug is surprised at. LVD has become a fan favorite yes and he is a terrific player. But coverage isn't his thing at all.

We can always mix it up as well. Throw some 3-3-5 looks in there. A defense shouldn't be limited to certain looks only.


A 3-3-5 and allowing LVD to blitz opposed to drop in coverage would be a damn nice wrinkle...

And his coverage skills are JUST good enough where we could blitz another LB and not have it blow up in our face..if we are intelligent about when and how often we do it..
Super K
 
Posts: 4299
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 119 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby BradC » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:12 pm

Super K wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Coverage is what makes Foster as special as he is. He's more Derrick Brooks than LVD is. Not even close. No, you're not taking him off the field on 3rd down. LVD gotta go. I don't know what mcdoug is surprised at. LVD has become a fan favorite yes and he is a terrific player. But coverage isn't his thing at all.

We can always mix it up as well. Throw some 3-3-5 looks in there. A defense shouldn't be limited to certain looks only.


A 3-3-5 and allowing LVD to blitz opposed to drop in coverage would be a damn nice wrinkle...

And his coverage skills are JUST good enough where we could blitz another LB and not have it blow up in our face..if we are intelligent about when and how often we do it..


I know a lot of people are hung up on the fact that the Bucs need a DT or DE rather than an LB, but I really hope Licht doesn't reach for one if Foster or Reddick are sitting there.

I could be wrong, but outside of Garrett, Allen, Thomas and maybe Barnett, I'm not thrilled about the talent that will be there for those positions at #19. (And, I feel confident in saying that Garrett, Allen, and Thomas won't be there by #19.)
User avatar
BradC
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:27 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby Cheb » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:22 pm

BradC wrote:
Cheb wrote:
I disagree with you. I didn't personally insult you, unless you think a difference of opinion is a personal attack.

I had a happy childhood free from beatings and my self esteem is perfectly excellent.

If you want to talk football, then talk football. If you want to talk about your fee-fees and how you can't live in a world where people don't subscribe to every nuance of your worldview, then get a therapist.

I'm not mad at you. Never have been. The only poster here who gets my goat is PMI, because he's a narcissistic ***hole who adds nothing to anything. Everyone else is pretty much gravy, even though we may disagree.

Lighten up.


So, the following is not an insult in your mind:

"I've watched every game of Pepper's career. You must be drunk. He made splash plays every game.

You must have been watching some other Michigan game.

Maybe Michigan State?


It's easy to get confused. Same state and all. In which case, you weren't watching Jabrill Peppers, but backup linebacker Andrew Dowell. They have similar builds and both play linebacker, so I can see how you could have come to the erroneous conclusion that Jabrill Peppers doesn't pass the eye test.
"

Cause that sounds an awful lot like a condescending insult to me.

I grew up in Vermont where I was either stuck watching Michigan or Notre Dame for most of my childhood. So yes, I know the difference between Michigan and Michigan State...not to mention a good friend of mine was a Michigan fan as a kid back when Bo Schembechler was the head coach. Not to insult anyone here, but as someone hovering around 40 years of age, I'd wager I've probably watched more college and pro football in my life than most here on this forum.

So, if your intention was not to insult me or come off as condescending, then my apologies, but it certainly came off that way IMHO.


It was hyperbole mixed with a bad joke. I apologize for my poor taste. I meant no offense.

Now seriously, lighten up :)
Image
Cheb
 
Posts: 2049
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Location: West Coast
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 189 times

Re: Post-Combine 1st Pick Wish List

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:41 pm

Awww Cheb. You hurt his feelings.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 15732
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 88 times
Been thanked: 362 times

Next

post

Return to College Football/Draft Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PanteraCanes and 3 guests