Combine News

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Re: Combine News

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:56 am

real bucs fan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Thank you for yet again showing you know very little.

I was trying to subtly point out that tape can be misleading at CB position, but congrats on having yet another post go over your head.

Misleading? By suggesting Tabor can only cover Rich Eisen? Please. You don't know if the tape is misleading or not as you don't even watch it.
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:59 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Again, he does not know how to run the 40. So what?? Tape doesn't lie.

I don't disagree. Just saying that 4.6-4.7 CBs don't get drafted on day 1 ever. Tabor will be a steal for someone on day 2.

Hopefully us. I don't care 1 bit whether a guy knows how to run a 40 yard dash or not.
Bootz2004

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:03 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:I was trying to subtly point out that tape can be misleading at CB position, but congrats on having yet another post go over your head.

Misleading? By suggesting Tabor can only cover Rich Eisen? Please. You don't know if the tape is misleading or not as you don't even watch it.

Sigh...

So what are folks thoughts on Foreman? Where does he rank among the RBs in this class?
real bucs fan

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:12 am

real bucs fan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Sigh...

So what are folks thoughts on Foreman? Where does he rank among the RBs in this class?

Wouldn't look at him until the 3rd maybe 4th.
Bootz2004

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:40 am

real bucs fan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Sigh...

It's a deep class at the RB position. Rankings depend on what specific teams value in a RB.

CBS has Foreman as the 10th best RB and a 4th round pick. I personally have him closer to 5th-6th and a sure day 2 pick.

But this is a deep class overall, so Foreman isn't going round 1.

Assuming we don't draft a RB in rd 1-2, I'd love Foreman in rd 3. He might not still be there, but I think the value/cluster of at WR/CB/S will be better in round 2 than at RB where we still have a good chance to get good value in rds 3-5.
DreadNaught

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:56 pm

I think Foreman is now firmly in that 2nd tier behind Fournette, Mixon, Cook, and McCaffery. Fournette is clearly the lead dog of the first tier since McCaffery is a bit scheme dependent, and Cook and Mixon have their off field stuff. All things considered Foreman could be my #2 after Fournette, and no lower than 5th, just depends on how the team views fitting in McCaffery and whether they devalue Mixon and Cook for the off the field.

I would love Foreman at 50 myself, Though if we can't get him at 50, I'd be fine settling for Kareem Hunt.

I'd prefer not waiting on RB, I think it's too important to our season.
real bucs fan

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:01 pm

real bucs fan wrote:I think Foreman is now firmly in that 2nd tier behind Fournette, Mixon, Cook, and McCaffery. Fournette is clearly the lead dog of the first tier since McCaffery is a bit scheme dependent, and Cook and Mixon have their off field stuff. All things considered Foreman could be my #2 after Fournette, and no lower than 5th, just depends on how the team views fitting in McCaffery and whether they devalue Mixon and Cook for the off the field.

I would love Foreman at 50 myself, Though if we can't get him at 50, I'd be fine settling for Kareem Hunt.

Foreman is your 2nd best RB prospect? What are you seeing that no one else is?
Bootz2004

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:23 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:I think Foreman is now firmly in that 2nd tier behind Fournette, Mixon, Cook, and McCaffery. Fournette is clearly the lead dog of the first tier since McCaffery is a bit scheme dependent, and Cook and Mixon have their off field stuff. All things considered Foreman could be my #2 after Fournette, and no lower than 5th, just depends on how the team views fitting in McCaffery and whether they devalue Mixon and Cook for the off the field.

I'm saying if you're looking for a big physical RB who's clean off the field, Foreman would be 2nd to Fournette. Why? All you have to do is watch the tape, see the production, and note the elite physical attributes.
real bucs fan

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:33 pm

Fournette

Cook
Mixon

McCaffery

Foreman
Kamara
uscbucsfan

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:37 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

I'm saying if you're looking for a big physical RB who's clean off the field, Foreman would be 2nd to Fournette. Why? All you have to do is watch the tape, see the production, and note the elite physical attributes.

He has "change of pace" written all over him. Vision is mediocre. He's got bell cow size but you can do a lot better. He's one of those big backs who plays like a small back. And he doesn't have 4.4 speed on the field. Him staying clean off the field is nice but that doesn't make him better on the field
Bootz2004

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:38 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:I'm saying if you're looking for a big physical RB who's clean off the field, Foreman would be 2nd to Fournette. Why? All you have to do is watch the tape, see the production, and note the elite physical attributes.

He has "change of pace" written all over him. Vision is mediocre. He's got bell cow size but you can do a lot better. He's one of those big backs who plays like a small back. And he doesn't have 4.4 speed on the field. Him staying clean off the field is nice but that doesn't make him better on the field

He's faster on the field...his problem isn't speed, it's that a blade of grass can trip him up.
uscbucsfan

Postby Super K » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:13 pm

Perine is my #1 RB FOR US in this year's draft..

With Sims and Rodgers, we've got enough shifty guys..

Perine is a hammer..With good feet..The way he runs AT TIMES reminds me of Jerome Bettis in that his running style protects his feet, not allowing for defenders to go low on him..
Super K

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:07 pm

Super K wrote:Perine is my #1 RB FOR US in this year's draft..

With Sims and Rodgers, we've got enough shifty guys..

Perine is a hammer..With good feet..The way he runs AT TIMES reminds me of Jerome Bettis in that his running style protects his feet, not allowing for defenders to go low on him..

I do like Perine. He and Hunt are neck and neck for me in that 3rd tier.
real bucs fan

Postby real bucs fan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:29 am

Njoku with a 40" vertical at his pro day, didn't seem to improve his 40 watching the tape of it, but was clocked in the 4.5-4-6 range by most. I don't believe him to be a real speedster, that just isn't who is, but definitely still a freak and an option at 19.

Following it on twitter, Giants fans are all over Njoku and he's there #1 target for the majority.
real bucs fan

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:51 am

real bucs fan wrote:Njoku with a 40" vertical at his pro day, didn't seem to improve his 40 watching the tape of it, but was clocked in the 4.5-4-6 range by most. I don't believe him to be a real speedster, that just isn't who is, but definitely still a freak and an option at 19.

Following it on twitter, Giants fans are all over Njoku and he's there #1 target for the majority.

Giants need a TE. An athletic TE to compliment that WR corps would be lethal.

I saw some highlights of UM pro day, Njoku is a bigger (muscular) guy than I thought from watching him play.
DreadNaught

Postby Naismith » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:01 pm

I think there's a decent chance four QBs go ahead of the Bucs and definitely three. I'd love to see Njoku go ahead of the Bucs as well. I'd be happy with a TE but would rather they go ahead of 19 and drop more linemen down.
Naismith

Postby real bucs fan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:11 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Njoku with a 40" vertical at his pro day, didn't seem to improve his 40 watching the tape of it, but was clocked in the 4.5-4-6 range by most. I don't believe him to be a real speedster, that just isn't who is, but definitely still a freak and an option at 19.

I saw some highlights of UM pro day, Njoku is a bigger (muscular) guy than I thought from watching him play.

Ya Njoku is shredded. Dude is a lean 245lbs. Also, the first time I really took notice of how freaky his arm length is. Looked it up and guy measured with 35.25" arms at the combine :o

Add a 40" vert to that, and you have someone who can go up and get high footballs.
real bucs fan

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:25 pm

Only TE I consider to be a real speedster in the league is Vernon Davis in his prime. Njoku is very fluid and smooth in his route running and can get separation and YAC.

Vert is even more unless than the 40. The only time you're going to be standing in place bracing to jump as high as you can is waiting for a hail mary.
Bootz2004

Postby Naismith » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:46 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
Nano wrote:Make the bet really fun....

Whoever loses....for 1 week, you can not post anything

....unless you're replying to an mdb post

Bootz2004 wrote:I cannot resist those terms.

Naismith wrote:Booked!

witnessed!

Make sure you get all your takes on the first round and the next two days of the draft in before the last pick of the first round, otherwise you have to wait a week!
Naismith

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:33 am

Naismith wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:

witnessed!

Make sure you get all your takes on the first round and the next two days of the draft in before the last pick of the first round, otherwise you have to wait a week!

In case you need this some time this week:
beardmcdoug

Postby Buc2 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:31 am

Naismith wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:

witnessed!

To save us (me) some time looking, what exactly is the bet?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Naismith » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:34 am

Buc2 wrote:To save us (me) some time looking, what exactly is the bet?

If Sidney Jones goes in the first round, I can't post for a week. When he doesn't go in the first round, Bootz can't post for a week.
Naismith

Postby Buc2 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:48 am

Naismith wrote:

If Sidney Jones goes in the first round, I can't post for a week. When he doesn't go in the first round, Bootz can't post for a week.

Let me guess. You're going to be on vacation next week anyway, so you really don't care if you lose this bet? heh
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Naismith » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:54 am

Buc2 wrote:Let me guess. You're going to be on vacation next week anyway, so you really don't care if you lose this bet? heh

Close. I'll be twitching like a junkie that needs a fix, reading the forum, wanting to disagree with everyone about everything but unable to. I'll even ban myself from Pewter Report's dumb forum to stay in the spirit of the bet. I'll be at the draft tomorrow and/or Saturday and will try to get on camera with my thoughts so you all won't have to wonder what I'm thinking.
Naismith

Postby Doctor » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:56 am

DreadNaught wrote:

I mocked him to the Giants.

I would love to trade back with the Giants and let them grab him. Depends on who is on the board. If Cook is on the board I think it's risky because the Giants could pick him up themselves.
Doctor

Postby Buc2 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:12 pm

Naismith wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Let me guess. You're going to be on vacation next week anyway, so you really don't care if you lose this bet? heh

Close. I'll be twitching like a junkie that needs a fix, reading the forum, wanting to disagree with everyone about everything but unable to. I'll even ban myself from Pewter Report's dumb forum to stay in the spirit of the bet. I'll be at the draft tomorrow and/or Saturday and will try to get on camera with my thoughts so you all won't have to wonder what I'm thinking.

If you lose the bet, PM me or someone you know here with a link to your video to post it up.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby mdb1958 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:15 pm

Naismith wrote:

You win
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:45 am

So! Is Bootz gone for a week?
mdb1958

Postby Teitan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:50 am

Haha. I forgot about this. I thought Jones would still go round 1 too. Gonna be a steal today.
Teitan

Postby Naismith » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:43 pm

Doubt he goes second round, either!

It's so peaceful here!
Naismith

PreviousNext

Return to College Football/Draft Talk