Bucs Big Board Thread

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Bucs Big Board Thread

Postby Doctor » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:17 pm

We have one of these every year. Usually, we do a top ten, but seeing at this year we are actually picking 19th, let us do a top 20.

BUCS BIG BOARD (TOP 20)

Presented by Doctor

1. Myles Garrett DE Texas A&M
2. L. Fournette RB LSU
3. Jonathan Allen DE Alabama
4. Dalvin Cook RB Florida St
5. M. Hooker S Ohio State
6. Jamal Adams S LSU
7. Mike Williams WR Clemson
8. Solomon Thomas DE Stanford
9. Corey Davis WR Western Michigan
10. Teez Tabor CB Florida
11. Derek Barnett DE Tennessee
11. Jabrill Peppers S Michigan
12. Malik McDowell DT Michigan St
13. M. Humphrey CB Alabama
14. M. Lattimore CB Ohio State
15. Taco Charlton DE Michigan
16. J. Smith-Schuster WR USC
17. Jarrad Davis LB Florida
18. Charles Harris DE Missouri
19. Reuben Foster LB Alabama
20. O.J. Howard TE Alabama

What does your big board look like right now?
Doctor

Re: Bucs Big Board Thread

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:29 pm

I posted this in the other thread, but here's mine (subject to change):

1. Jonathan Allen, DL
2. Myles Garrett, DE

3. Mike Williams, WR
4. Corey Davis, WR
5. Cam Robinson, OL
6. Dalvin Cook, RB
7. Leonard Fournette, RB
8. Malik Hooker, S

9. Marlon Humphrey, CB
10. Jabrill Peppers, S
11. Jamal Adams, S
12. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR
13. John Ross, WR

(look to trade down if top 13 are off the board)
14. Ryan Ramzcyk, OL
15. Ethan Pocic, OL
16. Derek Barnett, DE
17. Solomon Thomas, DE
18. Taco Charlton, DE
19. D'Onta Foreman, RB
20. Forrest Lamp, OL
real bucs fan

Postby Doctor » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:51 pm

I would through a **** fit if selected Cam Robinson with some of those other players you have listed still on the board. You like Peppers over Adams? Interesting.
Doctor

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:54 pm

Doctor wrote:I would through a **** fit if selected Cam Robinson with some of those other players you have listed still on the board. You like Peppers over Adams? Interesting.

Why?
Bootz2004

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:59 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Doctor wrote:I would through a **** fit if selected Cam Robinson with some of those other players you have listed still on the board. You like Peppers over Adams? Interesting.

Why?

I feel like you will get a lot of this after the game last night where Robinson was underwhelming, but I'm not sure how fair that is.
uscbucsfan

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:08 pm

3-8 for me are very close. I'd be friggin thrilled with any of them though I donubt we even get a shot at 1.

As for Adams and Peppers, Adams is more well rounded, but I think Peppers could be a game changer. Very close, doubt both are there though anyway.
Last edited by real bucs fan on Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
real bucs fan

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:10 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Why?

I feel like you will get a lot of this after the game last night where Robinson was underwhelming, but I'm not sure how fair that is.

Underwhelming in what way? A couple of false starts?
Bootz2004

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:14 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

Underwhelming in what way? A couple of false starts?

I thought he played fine, I especially noticed him run blocking, but I've heard people say he struggled in pass protection last night.

I'd be super happy with him if he fell to us, just as happy as I would have been if Tunsil fell.....ugh.
uscbucsfan

Postby real bucs fan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:15 am

Robinson is just raw in pass pro atm- surviving off pure raw ability.

His interview will be huge. If he can be coached up, he can be Tyron Smith. If not? He's more Greg Robinson.
real bucs fan

Postby Doctor » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:58 am

Robinson is going to be a yellow flag machine. He's already handsy as is, doesn't keep his hands inside the frame. When he goes up against pro rushers his raw physical talent isn't going to cut it.

Rather not pass up one two elite RBs or three great safety prospects for Kenyatta Walker.
Doctor

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:04 am

Guy is a road grader in the run game though. Plus put on his tape vs Myles Garrett.

He has Tyron Smith upside. Just needs to be coached up.
real bucs fan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:58 pm

real bucs fan wrote:Guy is a road grader in the run game though. Plus put on his tape vs Myles Garrett.

He doesn't want to hear that. He wants a shiny new running back and will not allow anyone to convince him otherwise. Thus he can only be Kenyatta Walker.

Compare those backs to any other RB bust and no matter how accurate you may be, he will call you a lunatic.

Just saving us the time before we spend the next 3 months arguing that.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:33 pm

At the end of the day, it's such a low liklihood that any of robinson, fournette, or Cook will even be at our pick, that we shouldn't get too worked up about it.

But for the record, if I'm trading up for anyone though, it's Corey Davis.
real bucs fan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:03 pm

real bucs fan wrote:At the end of the day, it's such a low liklihood that any of robinson, fournette, or Cook will even be at our pick, that we shouldn't get too worked up about it.

I don't blame him for having an opinion, I just don't agree with it.

If you, for example, have your heart set on a WR in the first I don't mind, but it's just nonsense to decide that other players are automatically busts because your guy is who you think is the best fit.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Super K » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:31 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:At the end of the day, it's such a low liklihood that any of robinson, fournette, or Cook will even be at our pick, that we shouldn't get too worked up about it.

I don't blame him for having an opinion, I just don't agree with it.

If you, for example, have your heart set on a WR in the first I don't mind, but it's just nonsense to decide that other players are automatically busts because your guy is who you think is the best fit.

What?!?!

Who the hell do you think you are and where the hell do you think you're at?

This kind of rational thinking has no place around here..ESPECIALLY in this forum heading into draft season..

;)
Super K

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:24 am

Super K wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:I don't blame him for having an opinion, I just don't agree with it.

What?!?!

Who the hell do you think you are and where the hell do you think you're at?

This kind of rational thinking has no place around here..ESPECIALLY in this forum heading into draft season..

;)

Yeah, I'm out of control.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:16 pm

NFLN's Daniel Jeremiah has released his top 50.

Quite a few surprises, but always a good read from a guy that is plugged in and has done the job.
DreadNaught

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:22 pm

DreadNaught wrote:NFLN's Daniel Jeremiah has released his top 50.

Quite a few surprises, but always a good read from a guy that is plugged in and has done the job.

Another upside to the Cowboys getting knocked out is more draft stuff. :lol:

The Corey Davis dream is probably as good as dead. My guy Forrest Lamp at 16? The dream of him day 2 is probably dead too.

Has Peppers and Robinson falling to us though... and no JuJu is a big time mistake IMO.
real bucs fan

Postby Naismith » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:36 pm

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/statu ... 4731459584

"Watching Kupp, Henderson, Hansen, Samuel today and feel like all 4 run a lot better than JuJu. Not sure he can separate vs NFL coverage"

The two Bama edge rushers said Lamp was the best lineman they faced all season.
Naismith

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:43 pm

Naismith wrote:https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/821405024731459584

"Watching Kupp, Henderson, Hansen, Samuel today and feel like all 4 run a lot better than JuJu. Not sure he can separate vs NFL coverage"

The tape shows that. Lamp didn't even give up pressure until garbage time.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:44 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:NFLN's Daniel Jeremiah has released his top 50.

The Corey Davis dream is probably as good as dead. My guy Forrest Lamp at 16? The dream of him day 2 is probably dead too.

Has Peppers and Robinson falling to us though... and no JuJu is a big time mistake IMO.

Way too early to consider anything dead. Jeremiah's good but his lists always change. A lot. This year will be no different. Also he's not in tap with what teams draft philosophies are. He's going mainly on 1 formula alone:what do they need the most. His final mock of 2016 was such a miss past the obvious top 2 picks. This board will be different next time.
Bootz2004

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:44 pm

Naismith wrote:https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/821405024731459584

JuJu is tough as nails and played through a hip injury last year. I think he's going to test alot better than people are expecting at the combine.

Here's a great scouting report on JuJu by probably my favourite amateur draft evaluator: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qLR ... JsGQM/edit
Last edited by real bucs fan on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
real bucs fan

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:46 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:

Way too early to consider anything dead. Jeremiah's good but his lists always change. A lot. This year will be no different. Also he's not in tap with what teams draft philosophies are. He's going mainly on 1 formula alone:what do they need the most. His final mock of 2016 was such a miss past the obvious top 2 picks. This board will be different next time.

Well I do hope you're right.
real bucs fan

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:36 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:

Absolutely, DJ is just one of the guys whose opinions/evaluations I take more serious due to his personnel experience and connections. ALL lists will change as we are still in mid-Jan and early in the process. Guys will rise and fall as the senior bowl and combine occur. I don't even look at mock drafts seriously until April and the first two weeks of Free Agency are complete.
DreadNaught

Postby Doctor » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:12 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Guy is a road grader in the run game though. Plus put on his tape vs Myles Garrett.

He doesn't want to hear that. He wants a shiny new running back and will not allow anyone to convince him otherwise. Thus he can only be Kenyatta Walker.

Compare those backs to any other RB bust and no matter how accurate you may be, he will call you a lunatic.

I don't want a shiny new RB. I want the BPA. These two are very high on my BPA list. If they aren't there I'm all for going elsewhere. I'd be totally fine coming away from this draft with no RB at all. As long as we didn't PASS on two of the most elite RBs to come out since AP.
Doctor

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:36 pm

Doctor wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:He doesn't want to hear that. He wants a shiny new running back and will not allow anyone to convince him otherwise. Thus he can only be Kenyatta Walker.

I don't want a shiny new RB. I want the BPA. These two are very high on my BPA list. If they aren't there I'm all for going elsewhere. I'd be totally fine coming away from this draft with no RB at all. As long as we didn't PASS on two of the most elite RBs to come out since AP.

Fournette looks like the real deal. Cook reminds me of Reggie Bush. He'll be good, but let's not get too fired up.

There are some great prospects that can make an impact and we can do better than Cook or even Fournette.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:50 pm

Doctor wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:He doesn't want to hear that. He wants a shiny new running back and will not allow anyone to convince him otherwise. Thus he can only be Kenyatta Walker.

There have been many RBs graded just as high or higher since AP that were bust. McFadden was widely accepted as a better prospect than AP. Elliot wasn't graded as high as Richardson.

My point is both may bust. Neither are sure things.
uscbucsfan

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:28 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Doctor wrote:I don't want a shiny new RB. I want the BPA. These two are very high on my BPA list. If they aren't there I'm all for going elsewhere. I'd be totally fine coming away from this draft with no RB at all. As long as we didn't PASS on two of the most elite RBs to come out since AP.

There have been many RBs graded just as high or higher since AP that were bust. McFadden was widely accepted as a better prospect than AP. Elliot wasn't graded as high as Richardson.

McFaddens athleticism drew comparisons to Peterson, but I don't recall anyone saying he was better.

Everyone knew AP was generational as a runner.
real bucs fan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:22 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

McFaddens athleticism drew comparisons to Peterson, but I don't recall anyone saying he was better.

Uh...No.

Peterson took a beating at Oklahoma that had many wondering (myself included) if he had the durability for the NFL.

Added to that, many believed that Marshawn Lynch was the top back in that draft. Buffalo fans went apeshit when the Bills took him.

Obviously, Peterson turned out to be the top guy... But it was hardly unanimous. One of my biggest draft whiffs right there.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:38 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:McFaddens athleticism drew comparisons to Peterson, but I don't recall anyone saying he was better.

Uh...No.

Peterson took a beating at Oklahoma that had many wondering (myself included) if he had the durability for the NFL.

Added to that, many believed that Marshawn Lynch was the top back in that draft. Buffalo fans went apeshit when the Bills took him.

Obviously, Peterson turned out to be the top guy... But it was hardly unanimous. One of my biggest draft whiffs right there.

Oh so you were the guy who doubted Peterson lol

The injuries thing was a concern, but that was why I said "as a runner".
real bucs fan

Next

Return to College Football/Draft Talk