Vita Vea

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
post

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Brazen331 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:04 pm

Corsair wrote:Your mom.


I think you're just jealous that mdb asked Cheb instead of you.
Brazen331
 
Posts: 2768
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:25 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Cheb » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:10 pm

mdb1958 wrote:Cheb, if you were adding a DT with plenty of power who would it be?


It depends on what you want your DT to do, and how high of a pick you are willing to spend.
Image
Cheb
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Location: West Coast is best coast
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:43 pm

Ok, send Dread in - I wanna hear some more company fluff talk.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 9081
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu May 03, 2018 12:17 pm

Gotta give it up to mdb spotting Vea 3 years ago.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 12552
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 130 times
Been thanked: 605 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby DreadNaught » Thu May 03, 2018 12:53 pm

Cheb wrote:Even if he had declared, I would be wary of him.

Vea is more Terrance Cody than Dontari Poe.


:cartman:

Don't you talk bad about our new DT like that!! Even if it was last year.
Last edited by DreadNaught on Thu May 03, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 11983
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 496 times
Been thanked: 520 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby DreadNaught » Thu May 03, 2018 12:54 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Gotta give it up to mdb spotting Vea 3 years ago.

Image
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 11983
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 496 times
Been thanked: 520 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Nano » Thu May 03, 2018 12:57 pm

Well Dread, we're still waiting for that company fluff talk. :tappingfoot:
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 7177
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 249 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby DreadNaught » Thu May 03, 2018 1:27 pm

Nano wrote:Well Dread, we're still waiting for that company fluff talk. :tappingfoot:


I think the Bucs are great!!!
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 11983
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 496 times
Been thanked: 520 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby terrytate » Thu May 03, 2018 1:37 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Gotta give it up to mdb spotting Vea 3 years ago.



When you make threads about 100s of random prospects, you're bound to get one right eventually.
User avatar
terrytate
 
Posts: 2203
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:49 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu May 03, 2018 1:41 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Cheb wrote:Even if he had declared, I would be wary of him.

Vea is more Terrance Cody than Dontari Poe.


:cartman:

Don't you talk bad about our new DT like that!! Even if it was last year.


Luckily for us, as great of an Xs and Os guy as Cheb is, he's absolutely putrid when it comes to player evaluation and scouting.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 22101
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 473 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu May 03, 2018 2:20 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
:cartman:

Don't you talk bad about our new DT like that!! Even if it was last year.


Luckily for us, as great of an Xs and Os guy as Cheb is, he's absolutely putrid when it comes to player evaluation and scouting.

I don't think that's fair to say. Opinions on players can change week to week let alone year to year.

That's all I'll say about it since Cheb is a big boy who can fight his own battles.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 12552
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 130 times
Been thanked: 605 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Cheb » Thu May 03, 2018 6:11 pm

Vea improved alot in the year and a half since I posted that. I put him at fifth overall on my "Too Early" Bucs Big Board in March of this year.

Players improve. Get over it.
Image
Cheb
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Location: West Coast is best coast
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu May 03, 2018 7:53 pm

Alright I will say it ....Vea is way better than Derwin James
Jason Bourne
 
Posts: 3918
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Clearwater
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu May 03, 2018 8:01 pm

Cheb wrote:Vea improved alot in the year and a half since I posted that. I put him at fifth overall on my "Too Early" Bucs Big Board in March of this year.

Players improve. Get over it.


My point still stands. Get over it.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 22101
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 473 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Cheb » Thu May 03, 2018 9:31 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Cheb wrote:Vea improved alot in the year and a half since I posted that. I put him at fifth overall on my "Too Early" Bucs Big Board in March of this year.

Players improve. Get over it.


My point still stands. Get over it.


That I suck at player evaluation? I have the balls to commit to firm opinions. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong. Professionals who do this for a living are maybe 50% right, and those are the very good ones. I have had my share of hits and misses, same as everyone else. I've been closely following the draft since 2003, the Carson Palmer draft. I have fifteen years of hard opinions. You can pick and choose successes or failures as fits your agenda. What separates me from most is I am not afraid to talk about the guys I wiffed on.

If you are suggesting that you are far better than me at this, or anyone else for that matter, you're full of ****. On the off chance that you're football Nostradamus, then you should be a professional football scout, and you will quickly be promoted to a scouting director and thereafter a GM of a professional NFL team within ten years.

Or you're just full of ****. It's a coin flip, really.
Image
Cheb
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Location: West Coast is best coast
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri May 04, 2018 6:58 am

It seems Cheb doesn't feel this way, but I don't think he's wrong yet. I know from watching Vea's tape this year, I didn't want him because he was not effective against the pass on a regular basis. Most scouts saw him as a 2 down player in the NFL if you read ESPN's "what scouts thought about each pick". He's not McCoy or Poe and he'll never be that. His ceiling is Haloti Ngata and that's not because they are both Tongan. I did NOT want him at 7 because of the type of player he is and will be. Like with any pick outside of Josh Freeman, I've talked myself into the pick and I'm excited, but I still don't think "He's more Cody than Poe" is completely outlandish.

edit: We were also talking about him as a late 1st or 2nd round pick previously and Bootz, lets not pretend like you didn't have Arden Key ranked far ahead of Vea like that rest of us at one point. **** changes.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 4364
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 117 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Deuce » Fri May 04, 2018 7:49 am

Let's not forget that Bootz thinks Derwin James will be the best pro from this draft. So he's either smarter than 16 NFL GMs or full of ****. I wonder which one it is.
User avatar
Deuce
 
Posts: 1163
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri May 04, 2018 7:56 am

Deuce wrote:Let's not forget that Bootz thinks Derwin James will be the best pro from this draft. So he's either smarter than 16 NFL GMs or full of ****. I wonder which one it is.

He certainly could be.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 4364
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 117 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby DreadNaught » Fri May 04, 2018 7:58 am

If Vea becomes what Ngata was than I'm good with at. Ngata made a few pro-bowls and was instrumental for those Ravens defenses being a perennial top 5 run defense.

Gone are the days of the Bucs 'undersized' Dline. We have a big, strong, and stout front 4 that features two All-Pro talents in McCoy and JPP who also excel at rushing the passer. Vea will be physically dominant presence lined up between those two (depending on the Offensive formation). Vinny Curry is solid presence at RE. Plus we have good depth that fit various roles/situations in Spence, Allen, Gholston, and Unrein (<- That's not a bad back-up Dline imo).

I give alot credit to Licht with how he overhauled the Dline this off season. If we can stay healthy along the D-line we should a dramatic improvement in every category from this Bucs defense this season
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 11983
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 496 times
Been thanked: 520 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri May 04, 2018 8:00 am

uscbucsfan wrote:It seems Cheb doesn't feel this way, but I don't think he's wrong yet. I know from watching Vea's tape this year, I didn't want him because he was not effective against the pass on a regular basis. Most scouts saw him as a 2 down player in the NFL if you read ESPN's "what scouts thought about each pick". He's not McCoy or Poe and he'll never be that. His ceiling is Haloti Ngata and that's not because they are both Tongan. I did NOT want him at 7 because of the type of player he is and will be. Like with any pick outside of Josh Freeman, I've talked myself into the pick and I'm excited, but I still don't think "He's more Cody than Poe" is completely outlandish.

edit: We were also talking about him as a late 1st or 2nd round pick previously and Bootz, lets not pretend like you didn't have Arden Key ranked far ahead of Vea like that rest of us at one point. **** changes.



I think he will be better than Haloti and Poe isn’t very good. .. what makes Poe so great ? He is Chris Baker basically .
Vea is gonna shine and we will have a top 5 defense just watch .
Jason Bourne
 
Posts: 3918
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Clearwater
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:07 am

Deuce wrote:Let's not forget that Bootz thinks Derwin James will be the best pro from this draft. So he's either smarter than 16 NFL GMs or full of ****. I wonder which one it is.


Yea just like the 198 GMs who passed on Tom Brady right. Smart or full of ****?

Or the 24 GMs that passed on Aaron Rodgers right? Smart or full of ****?

Or the 194 GMs that passed on Antonio Brown right? Smart or full of ****?
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 22101
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 473 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri May 04, 2018 8:09 am

Jason Bourne wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:It seems Cheb doesn't feel this way, but I don't think he's wrong yet. I know from watching Vea's tape this year, I didn't want him because he was not effective against the pass on a regular basis. Most scouts saw him as a 2 down player in the NFL if you read ESPN's "what scouts thought about each pick". He's not McCoy or Poe and he'll never be that. His ceiling is Haloti Ngata and that's not because they are both Tongan. I did NOT want him at 7 because of the type of player he is and will be. Like with any pick outside of Josh Freeman, I've talked myself into the pick and I'm excited, but I still don't think "He's more Cody than Poe" is completely outlandish.

edit: We were also talking about him as a late 1st or 2nd round pick previously and Bootz, lets not pretend like you didn't have Arden Key ranked far ahead of Vea like that rest of us at one point. **** changes.



I think he will be better than Haloti and Poe isn’t very good. .. what makes Poe so great ? He is Chris Baker basically .
Vea is gonna shine and we will have a top 5 defense just watch .

I mean as far as what type of DT he is. We all hope he's better than both or he's a bust, but he's closer to a space eating run stopping 2 down DT that Cody was, then a well rounded player Poe was projected to be.

Ngata was slightly better than Vea as a prospect and has had a great career. It's a huge leap to project he'll be better, but I hope so. They will be similar players.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 4364
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 117 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby SIBucsFan » Fri May 04, 2018 8:11 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Deuce wrote:Let's not forget that Bootz thinks Derwin James will be the best pro from this draft. So he's either smarter than 16 NFL GMs or full of ****. I wonder which one it is.


Yea just like the 198 GMs who passed on Tom Brady right. Smart or full of ****?

Or the 194 GMs that passed on Antonio Brown right? Smart or full of ****?


I know what you mean, Bootz, but damn that's a lot of GMs to be employed in the NFL during one draft.
User avatar
SIBucsFan
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:40 am
Has thanked: 285 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby theBKwhopper » Fri May 04, 2018 4:58 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Deuce wrote:Let's not forget that Bootz thinks Derwin James will be the best pro from this draft. So he's either smarter than 16 NFL GMs or full of ****. I wonder which one it is.


Yea just like the 198 GMs who passed on Tom Brady right. Smart or full of ****?

Or the 24 GMs that passed on Aaron Rodgers right? Smart or full of ****?

Or the 194 GMs that passed on Antonio Brown right? Smart or full of ****?

Wut
User avatar
theBKwhopper
 
Posts: 3926
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:39 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri May 04, 2018 7:43 pm

I think he meant 18 GMs and 14 GMs. Maybe he typed the “9” twice accidentally?
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 7571
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 206 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Teitan » Sat May 05, 2018 7:29 am

Lol. Bootz thinks there are 198 GMs
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 214 times
Been thanked: 167 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Super K » Sat May 05, 2018 7:44 am

C'mon fellas...it's easy to see/read that he meant GMs passed on those players "198" or "194" times..
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 6876
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 195 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby mdb1958 » Sat May 05, 2018 8:49 am

Super K wrote:C'mon fellas...it's easy to see/read that he meant GMs passed on those players "198" or "194" times..


Did anyone ask him to speak english?
mdb1958
 
Posts: 9081
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Buc2 » Sat May 05, 2018 8:52 am

Super K wrote:C'mon fellas...it's easy to see/read that he meant GMs passed on those players "198" or "194" times..

True, but it's exactly the sort of thing he jumps on when others post similar things. He becomes Mr. Literal. Now he's being fed some of his own medicine. I'm sure he'll get over it.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 10385
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 880 times
Been thanked: 357 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby real bucs fan » Sat May 05, 2018 11:08 am

Happy with Vea at 12, especially considering the trade down, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if we look back on this first round as that time we passed on James twice in order to select a 350lbs run stuffer...
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 7863
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 863 times
Been thanked: 110 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to College Football/Draft Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests