Vita Vea

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
post

Vita Vea

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:17 am

I'd like to hear any opinions on this guy. He looks like a load to handle one on one. I think he's a guy that can drive the middle right back into the quarterback.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 8774
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Corsair » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:26 am

Convince us.
Image
User avatar
Corsair
 
Posts: 5420
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:25 am
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 283 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:52 am

I spotted him over the season and thought he was an underclassmen.

Not a huge factor during the Alabama game if I recall.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 11547
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 579 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:05 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:I spotted him over the season and thought he was an underclassmen.

Not a huge factor during the Alabama game if I recall.



I doubt you woulda noticed Gerald McCoy in that game either.

anyhoos

Akeem Spence was our only DT that played 16 games.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 8774
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:04 am

MB, I might add Alabama attempted 14 passes in that game and they were sacked 3 times, once by Vea.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 8774
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Naismith » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:28 am

I think he could make it to the Bucs second round pick given how run stuffing interior linemen seem to be of less value but he still had five sacks on the season. I'd love for him to be our second round pick, stick him in the middle with Gerald and McDonald, maybe get another pass rusher in the first round (McKinley from UCLA has been compared to DeMarcus Ware) to rotate with Ayers and Spence and now you have a stacked line with good depth.
User avatar
Naismith
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:51 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Brazen331 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:40 am

I remember mdb's love for Danny Shelton and perhaps Veni Vidi Vici could be the new man crush. But every now and then mdb makes me think and perhaps DT would be a good investment for our 1st-rounder. Anyone like the thought of plugging the Standord kid Solomon Thomas next to McCoy, another jackrabbit off the snap who could create some chaos, especially when teams double Gerald? Spence-McCoy-Thomas-Ayers on say 3rd and 9 anyone?

Is he too small and Malik M. or Caleb B. might make more sense. After the Sun Bowl one of those guys are probably more likely to there at 19 anyway. Let's talk some DT. I'm sure we are not going G or C at 19 and DE and T have certainly received more discussion.
Brazen331
 
Posts: 2614
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:25 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Watchout4Bucs » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:55 am

Brazen331 wrote:I remember mdb's love for Danny Shelton and perhaps Veni Vidi Vici could be the new man crush. But every now and then mdb makes me think and perhaps DT would be a good investment for our 1st-rounder. Anyone like the thought of plugging the Standord kid Solomon Thomas next to McCoy, another jackrabbit off the snap who could create some chaos, especially when teams double Gerald? Spence-McCoy-Thomas-Ayers on say 3rd and 9 anyone?

Is he too small and Malik M. or Caleb B. might make more sense. After the Sun Bowl one of those guys are probably more likely to there at 19 anyway. Let's talk some DT. I'm sure we are not going G or C at 19 and DE and T have certainly received more discussion.


Solomon would be interesting. We need to face the fact that we should start planning for life after McCoy. I know he is playing at a high level right now but his drop-off could happen in 2 seasons or 5. Solomon would make sure we have a top tier line and give us a McCoy insurance policy. Plus I am sure McCoy will mentor the guy to speed up the learning curve.

I personally feel for next year we would be better to find a DE early that can be opposite Spence long term. It would also allow you to bring both Spence, this DE rookie, Ayers and McCoy inside on passing downs. Ayers has shown he can get interior pressure along with McCoy. It would put everyone in their best situation.

Both are great options. But it is also hard to ignore the amount of struggle the OL has had this year and keep building the defense.
Watchout4Bucs
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:54 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Naismith » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:55 am

Is Thomas a DT? I thought he was a DE, though I don't know much about him.
User avatar
Naismith
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:51 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:37 pm

Star Luteleili's kid brother is coming out of Utah. DT
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 11547
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 579 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:58 pm

13 rookie defensive tackles got sacks or part of a sack last year! How many sacks did our rookie DT get?
mdb1958
 
Posts: 8774
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:14 pm

I'm more than willing to read about what DT someone thinks is best for us.

Or are we going with the ole were set just fine on DT?
mdb1958
 
Posts: 8774
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Brazen331 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:43 pm

Naismith wrote:Is Thomas a DT? I thought he was a DE, though I don't know much about him.


He lines up everywhere. But let's face it, he isn't making it to 19. Might even go before the point Aaron Donald was selected. Check his highlight tape. He might be faster than McCoy off the snap.
Brazen331
 
Posts: 2614
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:25 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:07 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
Naismith wrote:Is Thomas a DT? I thought he was a DE, though I don't know much about him.


He lines up everywhere. But let's face it, he isn't making it to 19. Might even go before the point Aaron Donald was selected. Check his highlight tape. He might be faster than McCoy off the snap.



Not so sure lines up everywhere in college translates into all over in the NFL. Our very own gap shooter isnt about power and thats where were gettin whupped.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 8774
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Nano » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:17 pm

Vita Vea might not declare. According to some, he's thinking about returning to school
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 6981
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 241 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Brazen331 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:18 pm

mdb1958 wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:
He lines up everywhere. But let's face it, he isn't making it to 19. Might even go before the point Aaron Donald was selected. Check his highlight tape. He might be faster than McCoy off the snap.



Not so sure lines up everywhere in college translates into all over in the NFL. Our very own gap shooter isnt about power and thats where were gettin whupped.


It doesn't necessarily translate but I am determined to turn this into a Solomon Thomas thread with all due respect mdb. He is a far more interesting if less alliterative prospect.
Brazen331
 
Posts: 2614
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:25 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Naismith » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:23 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
Naismith wrote:Is Thomas a DT? I thought he was a DE, though I don't know much about him.


He lines up everywhere. But let's face it, he isn't making it to 19. Might even go before the point Aaron Donald was selected. Check his highlight tape. He might be faster than McCoy off the snap.


Hmmm, Matt Miller lists him as an EDGE and going in the second round. The latter isn't particularly relevant as it's the first week of January but they usually give the DL designation for guys that will play inside. He also seems a bit small currently to rush from the interior.
User avatar
Naismith
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:51 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Brazen331 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:56 pm

Naismith wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:
He lines up everywhere. But let's face it, he isn't making it to 19. Might even go before the point Aaron Donald was selected. Check his highlight tape. He might be faster than McCoy off the snap.


Hmmm, Matt Miller lists him as an EDGE and going in the second round. The latter isn't particularly relevant as it's the first week of January but they usually give the DL designation for guys that will play inside. He also seems a bit small currently to rush from the interior.


He is a 275 pound RS Sophomore. He is small, but so is Aaron Donald. Perhaps he will play DE in the NFL, but I seriously doubt he goes in the 2nd. Last mock I saw had him going at 17.
Brazen331
 
Posts: 2614
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:25 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby BacksidePursuit » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:09 pm

No one with that name will ever have a successful career. Sorry
User avatar
BacksidePursuit
 
Posts: 2269
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:46 pm
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:46 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
Naismith wrote:
Hmmm, Matt Miller lists him as an EDGE and going in the second round. The latter isn't particularly relevant as it's the first week of January but they usually give the DL designation for guys that will play inside. He also seems a bit small currently to rush from the interior.


He is a 275 pound RS Sophomore. He is small, but so is Aaron Donald. Perhaps he will play DE in the NFL, but I seriously doubt he goes in the 2nd. Last mock I saw had him going at 17.




Aaron Donald has Brockers and Cam Thomas.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 8774
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:47 pm

mdb1958
 
Posts: 8774
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Nano » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:53 pm

During the 2011 NFL season, the Mansfield Wrotto led all teams in the NFL with a Hurries of 72. The Wesley Woodyard were last in the league in Hurries with 23.


Seems legit
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 6981
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 241 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:05 pm

Nano wrote:During the 2011 NFL season, the Mansfield Wrotto led all teams in the NFL with a Hurries of 72. The Wesley Woodyard were last in the league in Hurries with 23.


Seems legit


Mansfield Wrotto - Chicago
Wesley Woodyard - Denver
mdb1958
 
Posts: 8774
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Naismith » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:11 pm

Vea is apparently not going pro.
User avatar
Naismith
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:51 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:16 pm

Naismith wrote:Vea is apparently not going pro.


Can you elaborate.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 8774
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Naismith » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:36 pm

Washington released the names of their underclassmen who are going pro and he wasn't on the list.
User avatar
Naismith
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:51 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Cheb » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:00 am

Even if he had declared, I would be wary of him.

Vea is more Terrance Cody than Dontari Poe.
Image
Cheb
 
Posts: 3487
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Location: West Coast is best coast
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 310 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:30 am

Cheb, if you were adding a DT with plenty of power who would it be?
mdb1958
 
Posts: 8774
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Corsair » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:38 am

Your mom.
Image
User avatar
Corsair
 
Posts: 5420
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:25 am
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 283 times

Re: Vita Vea

Postby Bucs N Beers » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:24 am

Brazen331 wrote:
Naismith wrote:
Hmmm, Matt Miller lists him as an EDGE and going in the second round. The latter isn't particularly relevant as it's the first week of January but they usually give the DL designation for guys that will play inside. He also seems a bit small currently to rush from the interior.


He is a 275 pound RS Sophomore. He is small, but so is Aaron Donald. Perhaps he will play DE in the NFL, but I seriously doubt he goes in the 2nd. Last mock I saw had him going at 17.


I'd call 275 a good weight. He's 6'3". Basically same measureables as Robert Ayers. I think Ayers has the size of a complete DE. And I think Thomas is quicker than Ayers.
User avatar
Bucs N Beers
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:33 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Next

post

Return to College Football/Draft Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests