Best Team in Florida

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
post

Re: Best Team in Florida

Postby mdb1958 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:17 am

Scott Frost having a rough time.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10143
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Best Team in Florida

Postby Nano » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:27 am

About as miserable time in Nebraska as one could have. Oh, how they have fallen since Bo left.
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 7851
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 270 times

Re: Best Team in Florida

Postby Super K » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:38 am

Nano wrote:About as miserable time in Nebraska as one could have. Oh, how they have fallen since Bo left.


Not trying to derail the Florida thread, bit damn...what has happened to that program is a tragedy...
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: Best Team in Florida

Postby Buc2 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:49 pm

mdb1958 wrote:UCF should move to 7th.

But why? They barely survived an unranked opponent. According to Croc, USF should drop out of the top 25 for barely beating an unranked opponent.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 12005
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 985 times
Been thanked: 417 times

Re: Best Team in Florida

Postby Ken Carson » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:56 pm

Buc2 wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:UCF should move to 7th.

But why? They barely survived an unranked opponent. According to Croc, USF should drop out of the top 25 for barely beating an unranked opponent.


Did you see any of the game? It was pouring rain the entire game.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 3642
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 189 times

Re: Best Team in Florida

Postby Crocaneers » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:08 pm

I watched the last half of UCF game and it was raining a lot. That said, pollsters dont look at close they look at wins.
Image
User avatar
Crocaneers
 
Posts: 2930
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 am
Location: Gatorland (at least on the weekends )
Has thanked: 389 times
Been thanked: 274 times

Re: Best Team in Florida

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:01 am

Crocaneers wrote:I watched the last half of UCF game and it was raining a lot. That said, pollsters dont look at close they look at wins.



Or ------------------------------------- how you never lose...


Wait! They were left at 10.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10143
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Best Team in Florida

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:45 am

Gators > UCF

:birdiedoublered:
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13580
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 550 times
Been thanked: 589 times

Re: Best Team in Florida

Postby Ken Carson » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:39 pm

UCF rolls without starting QB Milton...


OK, they win by 27, but they looked weak on offense without him. He was suited up and able to play but he had an ankle injury that was worth resting. Nice to get a win going away with your backup headed into the bye 7-0.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 3642
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 189 times

Re: Best Team in Florida

Postby The Outsider » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:01 pm

USF is just freaking explosive. Their d-line is horrendous though.
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 4613
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 255 times

Re: Best Team in Florida

Postby NavyBuc » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:25 pm

Memphis getting beatdown by Mizzou didn't help UCF much tonight. BUT....Ohio State's beatdown does help the Knights. If UCF is not ranked ahead of Ohio State in the college playoff poll in 10 days, there are some major Ohio State boosters on that committee. This loss should knock tOSU out of top-15 in playoff poll and allow UCF to creep up a little more. Cincinnati didn't do the Knights any favors, though, either.
NavyBuc
 
Posts: 1263
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:07 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Best Team in Florida

Postby Teitan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:28 am

Ken Carson wrote:UCF rolls without starting QB Milton...


OK, they win by 27, but they looked weak on offense without him. He was suited up and able to play but he had an ankle injury that was worth resting. Nice to get a win going away with your backup headed into the bye 7-0.



Yep, now he has two weeks rest to get healthy. Didn’t expect much out of the true freshman but he limited mistakes. That trick play sparked the team. And the defense played well.
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 4835
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 251 times
Been thanked: 186 times

Re: Best Team in Florida

Postby mdb1958 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:51 am

NavyBuc wrote:Memphis getting beatdown by Mizzou didn't help UCF much tonight. BUT....Ohio State's beatdown does help the Knights. If UCF is not ranked ahead of Ohio State in the college playoff poll in 10 days, there are some major Ohio State boosters on that committee. This loss should knock tOSU out of top-15 in playoff poll and allow UCF to creep up a little more. Cincinnati didn't do the Knights any favors, though, either.



Your dreaming, right now there is a sports media blitz going against UCF. All they can do is just keep winning.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10143
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Best Team in Florida

Postby Ken Carson » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:55 am

NavyBuc wrote:Memphis getting beatdown by Mizzou didn't help UCF much tonight. BUT....Ohio State's beatdown does help the Knights. If UCF is not ranked ahead of Ohio State in the college playoff poll in 10 days, there are some major Ohio State boosters on that committee. This loss should knock tOSU out of top-15 in playoff poll and allow UCF to creep up a little more. Cincinnati didn't do the Knights any favors, though, either.

Memphis vs Missouri shouldn’t matter as much as Pitt v ND and SMU vs Michigan. UCF has better wins against teams that those 2 have also played.

I mean Michigan struggled with Northwestern, who has losses to Duke and Akron. So what? Does anyone hold that against them?
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 3642
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 189 times

Re: Best Team in Florida

Postby Kress » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:09 am

mdb1958 wrote:Your dreaming, right now there is a sports media blitz going against UCF. All they can do is just keep winning.



Why do you say that? Not the winning part, because of course that's true, but what's this "sports media blitz" that I've never heard of?
Image
User avatar
Kress
 
Posts: 4808
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:26 pm
Has thanked: 131 times
Been thanked: 254 times

Re: Best Team in Florida

Postby Buc2 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:58 am

The Outsider wrote:USF is just freaking explosive. Their d-line is horrendous though.

Man, no kidding. I got to watch the game up here since it was on CBS Sports channel. If that DL doesn't get better, Cincinnati and UCF is gonna kill em.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 12005
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 985 times
Been thanked: 417 times

Re: Best Team in Florida

Postby Native Son » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:00 am

Herbstreet on pre-game made mention that they need to schedule Power 5's to be in the discussion.
He jokingly feared a backlash on twitter from UCF followers, but Oh Well...
Didn't say a thing about scheduling home and home issues that may or may not exist.

But it's fun to bitch about it anyway...

But UCF did look like a "hurry up hot mess" (I know, Mack Jr subbing) on offense, but I fear a close loss on the horizon.
Too many good teams want to beat THAT TEAM. :)
User avatar
Native Son
 
Posts: 1189
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:22 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Best Team in Florida

Postby Ken Carson » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:52 pm

Native Son wrote:Herbstreet on pre-game made mention that they need to schedule Power 5's to be in the discussion.
He jokingly feared a backlash on twitter from UCF followers, but Oh Well...
Didn't say a thing about scheduling home and home issues that may or may not exist.

But it's fun to bitch about it anyway...

But UCF did look like a "hurry up hot mess" (I know, Mack Jr subbing) on offense, but I fear a close loss on the horizon.
Too many good teams want to beat THAT TEAM. :)

The year after UNC beat Miami, FSU and Georgia Tech, UCF scheduled them for 2 seasons down the road. They also scheduled Pitt who beat Clemson and Penn State. Those teams are not great this year, but when the top teams schedule either another tier 1 program or Direcrtional State University College, you don’t get much better options than the hot competitive teams in P5 conferences. UNC game was cancelled due to weather and the Knights curbstomped Pitt, who two weeks later nearly held on to be Notre Dame.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 3642
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 189 times

Re: Best Team in Florida

Postby The Outsider » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:43 pm

Buc2 wrote:
The Outsider wrote:USF is just freaking explosive. Their d-line is horrendous though.

Man, no kidding. I got to watch the game up here since it was on CBS Sports channel. If that DL doesn't get better, Cincinnati and UCF is gonna kill em.


I watched it on CBS Sports as well. I've been up in Alabama prepping the hunting property for deer season.
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 4613
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 255 times

Re: Best Team in Florida

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:22 am

Kress wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:Your dreaming, right now there is a sports media blitz going against UCF. All they can do is just keep winning.



Why do you say that? Not the winning part, because of course that's true, but what's this "sports media blitz" that I've never heard of?



I think it was ESPN talking about one loss teams like App ST and Fresno St should be ranked higher than UCF because of a tougher sched.

I'm surprised they put Ohio St at 11.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10143
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Best Team in Florida

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:28 pm

mdb1958 wrote:
Kress wrote:

Why do you say that? Not the winning part, because of course that's true, but what's this "sports media blitz" that I've never heard of?



I think it was ESPN talking about one loss teams like App ST and Fresno St should be ranked higher than UCF because of a tougher sched.

I'm surprised they put Ohio St at 11.


On the back of App St's quality loss to Penn State...
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 3642
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 189 times

Re: Best Team in Florida

Postby mdb1958 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:04 am

Even if UCF goes undefeated expect a one loss team instead.

99% of it would be a team begging for an ass whoopin, but that 1% chance of victory would be sweet.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10143
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Previous

post

Return to College Football/Draft Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests