Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
post

Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby Doctor » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:18 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... at-pick-qb

Image

2nd Round: Sony Michel, RB, Georgia
3rd Round: JoJo Wicker, DE, Arizona State

We just miss out on Guice taken by the Browns at 35, but I can very much get behind this.
Image
User avatar
Doctor
 
Posts: 4977
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Out of the Office. Will return next Fall.
Has thanked: 203 times
Been thanked: 147 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:24 pm

It's pretty realistic. Nelson is probably the most likely guy for us at 7, and Michel would be a nice add in the 2nd. Run game would finally be addressed. In the 3rd I'd take Carter. Those 3 made up the top 3 picks in my mock.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 7658
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 808 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby Super K » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:29 pm

real bucs fan wrote:It's pretty realistic. Nelson is probably the most likely guy for us at 7, and Michel would be a nice add in the 2nd. Run game would finally be addressed. In the 3rd I'd take Carter. Those 3 made up the top 3 picks in my mock.


I'd rather have Armstrong in the 2nd....

Hell, I'd even take Hernandez in round 2 over Michel...our run game would be solved no matter who we hand off to..

Lastly, Josh Jackson would be 3rd choice to select over Michel..

In Round 3, I agree with RBF..passing on Carter stings...

As does taking a RB in round 2 and Freeman is still sitting there in round 3..
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 6487
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 181 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:31 pm

I would be excited with OP's picks. I don't think that our EDGE issue would be solved, but we can't solve everything in in this off-season.
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 7139
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 187 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:32 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:I would be excited with OP's picks. I don't think that our EDGE issue would be solved, but we can't solve everything in in this off-season.


You clearly haven't seen mbd's mock drafts :P
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 11226
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 455 times
Been thanked: 475 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby Cheb » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:50 pm

Nelson and Michel would be great. But JoJo Wicker in the third round? That's the best we could do?
Image
Cheb
 
Posts: 3435
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Location: West Coast is best coast
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 303 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:40 pm

Super K wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:It's pretty realistic. Nelson is probably the most likely guy for us at 7, and Michel would be a nice add in the 2nd. Run game would finally be addressed. In the 3rd I'd take Carter. Those 3 made up the top 3 picks in my mock.


I'd rather have Armstrong in the 2nd....

Hell, I'd even take Hernandez in round 2 over Michel...our run game would be solved no matter who we hand off to..

Lastly, Josh Jackson would be 3rd choice to select over Michel..

In Round 3, I agree with RBF..passing on Carter stings...

As does taking a RB in round 2 and Freeman is still sitting there in round 3..


What's the obsession with Lorenzo Carter? I think our LB core is very good. The strength of the defense really.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 21685
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 457 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:31 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Super K wrote:
I'd rather have Armstrong in the 2nd....

Hell, I'd even take Hernandez in round 2 over Michel...our run game would be solved no matter who we hand off to..

Lastly, Josh Jackson would be 3rd choice to select over Michel..

In Round 3, I agree with RBF..passing on Carter stings...

As does taking a RB in round 2 and Freeman is still sitting there in round 3..


What's the obsession with Lorenzo Carter? I think our LB core is very good. The strength of the defense really.

He'd be an edge rusher for us. Carter graded as the highest pass rush productivity player in the FBS meaning he created more pressure per pass rushing snap than any other player in Division 1-A college football last year. He's also a physical freak with an unreal combination of length, strength, and athleticism. He's also a high character kid who's believed to be highly coachable. He's a tremendous Day 2 gamble for any team needing some giddyup on the edge.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 7658
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 808 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:33 pm

What's the obsession with Lorenzo Carter?



RBF is going to use him as a strongside DE.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 8654
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 146 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:40 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
What's the obsession with Lorenzo Carter? I think our LB core is very good. The strength of the defense really.

He'd be an edge rusher for us. Carter graded as the highest pass rush productivity player in the FBS meaning he created more pressure per pass rushing snap than any other player in Division 1-A college football last year. He's also a physical freak with an unreal combination of length, strength, and athleticism. He's also a high character kid who's believed to be highly coachable. He's a tremendous Day 2 gamble for any team needing some giddyup on the edge.


We badly need a pass rush and the best idea is taking a linebacker who rushes the passer part of the time? No thanks. He's a project if that's the way you plan to use him.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 21685
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 457 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:50 pm

Jo Jo Wicker 12.5 career sacks.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 8654
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 146 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:53 pm

Super K wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:It's pretty realistic. Nelson is probably the most likely guy for us at 7, and Michel would be a nice add in the 2nd. Run game would finally be addressed. In the 3rd I'd take Carter. Those 3 made up the top 3 picks in my mock.


I'd rather have Armstrong in the 2nd....

Hell, I'd even take Hernandez in round 2 over Michel...our run game would be solved no matter who we hand off to..

Lastly, Josh Jackson would be 3rd choice to select over Michel..

In Round 3, I agree with RBF..passing on Carter stings...

As does taking a RB in round 2 and Freeman is still sitting there in round 3..



Yep, Michel would knock out prolly Dorance Armstrong. Or a good corner.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 8654
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 146 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:57 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:I would be excited with OP's picks. I don't think that our EDGE issue would be solved, but we can't solve everything in in this off-season.


You clearly haven't seen mbd's mock drafts :P


You’re correct. I mistakenly overlooked mdb’s wisdom.
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 7139
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 187 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:48 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:He'd be an edge rusher for us. Carter graded as the highest pass rush productivity player in the FBS meaning he created more pressure per pass rushing snap than any other player in Division 1-A college football last year. He's also a physical freak with an unreal combination of length, strength, and athleticism. He's also a high character kid who's believed to be highly coachable. He's a tremendous Day 2 gamble for any team needing some giddyup on the edge.


We badly need a pass rush and the best idea is taking a linebacker who rushes the passer part of the time? No thanks. He's a project if that's the way you plan to use him.

I like Carter, rbf, but Bootz is right here. Carter needs to put weight on to put his hand in the dirt at the next level and he will lose speed when he does that.

Unless he shows up at the combine @ 255 and nukes the cone drills, He's better off standing up in a 3-4
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 11167
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 564 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:07 pm

If you can find that perfect all around end on Day 2, by all means name him. Heck, I doubt that guy will be there for us at 7. The bottom line is we are going to have to roll the dice in some capacity unless Chubb falls to us, so I like Carter a heck of a lot as a round 3 gamble. He may be light, but he's one of the strongest guys in this draft- the guys squats 500+ pounds, power cleans 345+ pounds, and benches 355+ pounds. He also run like a wide receiver and has been clocked at 22.3 mph on the GPS (which for reference is faster than any player was clocked at in the NFL last year including guys like Tyreek Hill etc). The guy is a genetic freak. He's also got a bf% that is so lean he could add 15 pounds of pure fat and still be in great shape by DE standards. And I'm sure he'd still have enough speed...
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 7658
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 808 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:14 pm

real bucs fan wrote:If you can find that perfect all around end on Day 2, by all means name him. Heck, I doubt that guy will be there for us at 7. The bottom line is we are going to have to roll the dice in some capacity unless Chubb falls to us, so I like Carter a heck of a lot as a round 3 gamble. He may be light, but he's one of the strongest guys in this draft- the guys squats 500+ pounds, power cleans 345+ pounds, and benches 355+ pounds. He also run like a wide receiver and has been clocked at 22.3 mph on the GPS (which for reference is faster than any player was clocked at in the NFL last year including guys like Tyreek Hill etc). The guy is a genetic freak. He's also got a bf% that is so lean he could add 15 pounds of pure fat and still be in great shape by DE standards. And I'm sure he'd still have enough speed...


None of that has anything to do with on field production. I like Carter too, as a LB. But we'd be fools to count on him to fix the pass rush.

Also if he added 15 pounds of pure fat that would be extremely unhealthy.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 21685
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 457 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:17 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:If you can find that perfect all around end on Day 2, by all means name him. Heck, I doubt that guy will be there for us at 7. The bottom line is we are going to have to roll the dice in some capacity unless Chubb falls to us, so I like Carter a heck of a lot as a round 3 gamble. He may be light, but he's one of the strongest guys in this draft- the guys squats 500+ pounds, power cleans 345+ pounds, and benches 355+ pounds. He also run like a wide receiver and has been clocked at 22.3 mph on the GPS (which for reference is faster than any player was clocked at in the NFL last year including guys like Tyreek Hill etc). The guy is a genetic freak. He's also got a bf% that is so lean he could add 15 pounds of pure fat and still be in great shape by DE standards. And I'm sure he'd still have enough speed...


None of that has anything to do with on field production. I like Carter too, as a LB. But we'd be fools to count on him to fix the pass rush.

There's only 1 guy in this draft who could be counted on to fix the pass rush though, and his name is Bradley Chubb and he likely goes top 5. Carter's on field production is skewed because he played a unique position in Georgias defence (same as Leonard Floyd a couple of years ago). But the guy is a tremendous talent, and showed all-world traits when he was asked to rush the passer. I think he's the best edge gamble in this draft.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 7658
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 808 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:43 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
You clearly haven't seen mbd's mock drafts :P


You’re correct. I mistakenly overlooked mdb’s wisdom.



Yeah but others have taken notice and now its getting impossible for me to get all my players anymore. It will be like last year where some were attainable and we picked somebody else. Then everybody thinks we had a great draft and I wonder why...
mdb1958
 
Posts: 8654
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 146 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:45 pm

Plus DN those are Sims.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 8654
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 146 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby Super K » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:07 pm

I get everyone's concerns with Carter's size, but I've gotta side with RBF on this one..couple of things..

1. As RBF stated, there is only 1 prototypical 4-3 DE who will fix our pass rush in this draft...that's Chubb..we are talking 2nd, 3rd round here, some concessions are gonna have to be made to add to our pass rush...we are either gonna have to take some of the talented, smaller tweener guys or take some undersized DTs and put them outside (Taven Bryan?, What's his face from USCw)..

2. Carter/Armstrong/Key...they are all within 5lbs of each other (athletic, good Key, not fat, bad Key)....each is between 242-247...many here like(d) Armstrong and/or Key...just sayin

3. Speaking specifically of Armstrong, the reason he's gonna be able to be had in round 2/3 is because Kansas had him playing damn near the exact same position in 2017 that Carter played at Georgia...they took his hand out of the dirt full time, his sack total dropped from 10 to like 2!?..

4. We MUST think outside the box and freaking generate a pass rush this year...not only does our season depend on it (again) our GM/HC jobs depend on it.. hopefully they are frantic and desperate enough to be creative...I'd gladly take Nelson, Armstrong, Carter 1-3 and force Mike Smith into figuring out how to utilize that talent to get to the opposing QB..

Run some 3-4 looks with THOSE guys...kick GMac and Gholston down, put Armstrong/Carter both outside, **** I don't care if you let them both rush and rush 5...rotate Spence in as needed...and I also don't care who stays in to play ILB and who comes off the field...it's all about creating pressure..
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 6487
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 181 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby RobR » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:06 am

If we sign Trumaine Johnson and Ziggy Ansah in FA then I'm delighted with this draft.
RobR
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:23 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby Sammich » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:15 pm

If you're looking for pass rushers in the third they are gonna have warts. You've just got to identify which traits you believe to be the most important. Athleticism, motor, smarts, character, production, technique, genetics- guys in this range aren't gonna have them all. You also have to decide if you'd prefer a high floor/ low ceiling guy or a low floor/ high ceiling guy.

Do you gamble on the home run, or do you just take the base hit? Tough call.
Sammich
 
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:52 pm
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby Sammich » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:24 pm

As to the mock in the OP- I like it. It's hard to say how much I like it without knowing what happened in free agency. In a vacuum Nelson is my favorite player in this draft. For the Bucs he is my second favorite (behind Chubb) so no complaints from me there. 2 linemen in the top 3 rounds is great.

A RB in the second feels a little rich, but I understand it. I might even could get behind it if we make the right moves in FA. Overall it's one of the better mocks I've seen. It's light years better than a nickel corner in the first and a kicker in the second.
Sammich
 
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:52 pm
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:27 pm

Sammich wrote:As to the mock in the OP- I like it. It's hard to say how much I like it without knowing what happened in free agency. In a vacuum Nelson is my favorite player in this draft. For the Bucs he is my second favorite (behind Chubb) so no complaints from me there. 2 linemen in the top 3 rounds is great.

A RB in the second feels a little rich, but I understand it. I might even could get behind it if we make the right moves in FA. Overall it's one of the better mocks I've seen. It's light years better than a nickel corner in the first and a kicker in the second.


Don't forget the 3rd down pass rush specialist.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 21685
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 457 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby Nano » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:44 pm

Or the small school CB that we seem determined to play before he's ready
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 6933
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 238 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby Cheb » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:19 pm

I just can't get over the Wicker pick. I mean, seriously? There are about twenty defensive linemen this year who I would draft ahead of him. Maybe more.

CBS and NFL.com have him as a seventh rounder. Walterfootball has him between the fourth and sixth (20th ranked defensive end, if you were curious).

I know we are hard up for pass rushers, but that's ridiculous. In just that mock itself, we would have passed on Rasheem Green, Lorenzo Carter, Chad Thomas, Hercules Mata'afa, and Tyquan Lewis, in favor of some JAG.
Image
Cheb
 
Posts: 3435
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Location: West Coast is best coast
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 303 times

Re: Chad Reuter's Mock Draft

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:07 pm

Cheb wrote:I just can't get over the Wicker pick. I mean, seriously? There are about twenty defensive linemen this year who I would draft ahead of him. Maybe more.

CBS and NFL.com have him as a seventh rounder. Walterfootball has him between the fourth and sixth (20th ranked defensive end, if you were curious).

I know we are hard up for pass rushers, but that's ridiculous. In just that mock itself, we would have passed on Rasheem Green, Lorenzo Carter, Chad Thomas, Hercules Mata'afa, and Tyquan Lewis, in favor of some JAG.



I agree, I think by the third round he was hurrying so he could go to lunch. I wouldnt pick Michel over Dorance Armstrong.

Laugh out, Wicker for a 3rd? Remember Marcus Martin, NFL.com has him at 24th DE and thats with short arms. I'd take him for free over Wicker as a 3rd.

Matter of fact, I want him no matter what. I'm going to watch and see if he climbs. I think everybody looks for players that turn into steals, maybe he will and maybe he wont, its not much of a price to find out. Can you imagine an edge specialist giving us 6 to 10 sacks as a UDFA?
mdb1958
 
Posts: 8654
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 146 times
Been thanked: 81 times


post

Return to College Football/Draft Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 7 guests