Shaman is part of the reason the Buccaneers suck

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Shaman is part of the reason the Buccaneers suck

Postby NYBF » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:36 pm

Thanks, Shaman!

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks ... 1718991122

Some people are fans of the Tampa Bay Bucs. But many, many more people are NOT fans of the Tampa Bay Bucs. This 2015 Deadspin NFL team preview is for those in the latter group.

Your team: Tampa Bay Bucs

Your 2014 record: 2-14. And yet 2-14 doesn’t even begin to hint at how abysmal the Bucs were last season. This is the team that spotted a 6-10 Atlanta team a 56-0 lead after just three quarters, inspiring many stadium dick-pats in the process. They also managed to lose to the Rams after a Mike Evans injury resulted in a 10-second runoff of the clock. That’s life under Lovie Smith for you. You don’t even get the pleasure of seeing your team **** up at the end of a game, because they **** up BEFORE that fuckup, and squander the chance to **** up that fuckup, and then they lose.

Also, a Bengals fan punched one of your fans right into the street. A Bengals fan! You know how weak and slow Bengals fans are? That’s like getting punched out by a dying Labrador.

Always a good article, and there's plenty more to read. Plus, the page has the link to the story about shaman. But I'll also leave the video here for you to enjoy.

NYBF

Re: Shaman is part of the reason the Buccaneers suck

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:39 pm

Post of the day!
uscbucsfan

Postby Buc2 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:39 pm

BAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:40 pm

This is always a fun read about various NFL teams. Sadly, I believe Gerald McCoy took it a bit too literal..
DreadNaught

Postby StillCSG » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:07 pm

THREAD OF THE YEAR!!!!
StillCSG

Postby Kress » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:44 pm

But no, he was trying to save his hat while engaging the guy who punched him, not the girl who he very obviously went directly after.... repeatedly. Any contrary conclusion is a result of camera angles and stuff.

Hold tight, and I will come back in here and delete all of my posts as well as my entire account so that I can pretend that none of this stuff ever happened.

Bastards, all of you. (For not allowing me to win IOTY with this nomination.)
Kress

Postby NYBF » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:45 pm

[quote="Kress" (For not allowing me to win IOTY with this nomination.)[/quote]

But I will win TOTY, even though only one of you bastards has thanked me for the OP
NYBF

Postby StillCSG » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:36 pm

Kress wrote:But no, he was trying to save his hat while engaging the guy who punched him, not the girl who he very obviously went directly after.... repeatedly. Any contrary conclusion is a result of camera angles and stuff.

Hold tight, and I will come back in here and delete all of my posts as well as my entire account so that I can pretend that none of this stuff ever happened.

It wasn't a fair fight...you went against Morgan
StillCSG

Postby ImAWalkingCorpse » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:04 pm

I kinda felt bad for Shaman after that. That nasty white trash woman and her sack of **** fellow Bengals fans are just awful human beings.
ImAWalkingCorpse

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:04 pm

His first post admitting it was him sounded so proud. Then he realized it wasn't going to turn out how he hoped, but it was too late.
PrimeMinister

Postby terrytate » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:03 pm

NYBF wrote:But I will win TOTY, even though only one of you bastards has thanked me for the OP

TOTY?!

All you did was quote an article and add one line of text. You are Fooball 2.0 at best, sir.
Last edited by terrytate on Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
terrytate

Postby The Outsider » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:45 pm

Still can't believe that moron straight up said it was him. As if it was going to turn out well for him, as if we'd have his back. What a jackoff.
The Outsider

Postby NYBF » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:58 pm

terrytate wrote:TOTY?!

Yes.

StillCSG wrote:THREAD OF THE YEAR!!!!
NYBF

Postby Kress » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:51 pm

The Outsider wrote:Still can't believe that moron straight up said it was him. As if it was going to turn out well for him, as if we'd have his back. What a jackoff.

It was fine to admit that it was him. **** happens.

It went south when he started talking about how he was trying to go after the guys, and personally took off his hat and handed it to his girlfriend in order to protect his beloved garment before going back in after said guys, etc.

Dude.... we're LOOKING AT THE VIDEO TAPE. You got the hat knocked off of your head during that whole punch to the face experience, and then you repeatedly engaged the girls.... and by the way had one hanging off of your back giving you the MMA head punch treatment. As with many things, the cover-up is worse than the crime.
Kress

Postby ImAWalkingCorpse » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:40 pm

Kress wrote:
The Outsider wrote:Still can't believe that moron straight up said it was him. As if it was going to turn out well for him, as if we'd have his back. What a jackoff.

It went south when he started talking about how he was trying to go after the guys, and personally took off his hat and handed it to his girlfriend in order to protect his beloved garment before going back in after said guys, etc.

Dude.... we're LOOKING AT THE VIDEO TAPE. You got the hat knocked off of your head during that whole punch to the face experience, and then you repeatedly engaged the girls.... and by the way had one hanging off of your back giving you the MMA head punch treatment. As with many things, the cover-up is worse than the crime.

In his defense the cowardly guys were throwing sucker punches and hiding behind the girls. The sad thing is no one else stepped in to help him out.
ImAWalkingCorpse

Postby The Outsider » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:02 am

Kress wrote:

I mean, it was clear to me from the video that he looked like a total jackass. But you're right, the (very poor) attempt at a coverup was far more egregious than the initial video and admission.
The Outsider

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:47 am

The video was a good laugh. The cover-up was an epic thread.
PrimeMinister

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:28 am

The link provided this little gem...

Mountaineer Buc

Postby mightyleemoon » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:53 pm

Kress wrote:But no, he was trying to save his hat while engaging the guy who punched him, not the girl who he very obviously went directly after.... repeatedly. Any contrary conclusion is a result of camera angles and stuff.

You know...after seeing this again. I wonder if, at the time, he really thought it was the chick who gave him that slow moving, fatty blast to begin with. (That had to be the slowest, weakest punch in the history of slow, weak punches) But, he ended up dazed and probably, maybe thought it was the chick that did that to him? Maybe?

Aggregate IQ of everyone in frame for the first 30 seconds?

God, that video is stupid. BRB, going to watch it 12 more times.
mightyleemoon

Postby Kress » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:59 am

mightyleemoon wrote:

You know...after seeing this again. I wonder if, at the time, he really thought it was the chick who gave him that slow moving, fatty blast to begin with. (That had to be the slowest, weakest punch in the history of slow, weak punches) But, he ended up dazed and probably, maybe thought it was the chick that did that to him? Maybe?

The BBQ thread in OT references Alton Brown's statement that it is Good Eats. This, similarly, is just good watching. I can do it over and over.

And I will echo - it was not because of what happened. It is somewhat entertainingto watch, mind you, but that's not it. Surely he looked like a drunken jackass, and that is what makes it entertaining,to begin with, but he also engaged people for *gasp* singing their team's fight song after they just won a game. Seriously?

As always, the cover-up was worse than the crime.
Kress

Postby ImAWalkingCorpse » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:44 am

Kress wrote:
mightyleemoon wrote:

The BBQ thread in OT references Alton Brown's statement that it is Good Eats. This, similarly, is just good watching. I can do it over and over.

And I will echo - it was not because of what happened. It is somewhat entertainingto watch, mind you, but that's not it. Surely he looked like a drunken jackass, and that is what makes it entertaining,to begin with, but he also engaged people for *gasp* singing their team's fight song after they just won a game. Seriously?

Yeah... engaging them because they are singing their song was really stupid. That 2014 Buccaneers team wasn't worth fighting for.. hell the team didn't bother fighting for each other.
ImAWalkingCorpse

Postby mightyleemoon » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:32 am

Kress wrote:
mightyleemoon wrote:

Oh, definitely. His spin attempt and subsequent disappearing act is what made that whole thing gold.

And, maybe their singing was actually bad enough to get attacked over? I know I should have been punched once or twice for my attempts at singing.
mightyleemoon

Postby Wharf Rat » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:34 pm

NYBF wrote:Thanks, Shaman!

Some people are fans of the Tampa Bay Bucs. But many, many more people are NOT fans of the Tampa Bay Bucs. This 2015 Deadspin NFL team preview is for those in the latter group.

Your team: Tampa Bay Bucs

Your 2014 record: 2-14. And yet 2-14 doesn’t even begin to hint at how abysmal the Bucs were last season. This is the team that spotted a 6-10 Atlanta team a 56-0 lead after just three quarters, inspiring many stadium dick-pats in the process. They also managed to lose to the Rams after a Mike Evans injury resulted in a 10-second runoff of the clock. That’s life under Lovie Smith for you. You don’t even get the pleasure of seeing your team **** up at the end of a game, because they **** up BEFORE that fuckup, and squander the chance to **** up that fuckup, and then they lose.

Also, a Bengals fan punched one of your fans right into the street. A Bengals fan! You know how weak and slow Bengals fans are? That’s like getting punched out by a dying Labrador.

Always a good article, and there's plenty more to read. Plus, the page has the link to the story about shaman. But I'll also leave the video here for you to enjoy.

Watching that never gets old. Just noticed that he loses both of his flip flops in the street after he gets his bell rung, lol.
Wharf Rat

Postby Wharf Rat » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:38 pm

mightyleemoon wrote:God, that video is stupid. BRB, going to watch it 12 more times.

LMAO. I know, right?
Wharf Rat

Postby Kress » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:46 am

Wharf Rat wrote:
NYBF wrote:Thanks, Shaman!

Watching that never gets old. Just noticed that he loses both of his flip flops in the street after he gets his bell rung, lol.

But of course, he did not lose his brand new hat. He very calmly took it off and handed it to his wife for safekeeping while he refused to attack the women and went after the guys instead.

Or it got blasted off of his head in the middle of him repeatedly engaging the women. One of the two.
Kress

Postby Buzz Killington » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:27 am

Kress wrote:
Wharf Rat wrote:

But of course, he did not lose his brand new hat. He very calmly took it off and handed it to his wife for safekeeping while he refused to attack the women and went after the guys instead.

Or it got blasted off of his head in the middle of him repeatedly engaging the women. One of the two.

Hate to kill your buzz but he never actually claimed it happened in the way you repetedly refer to. The whole hatpassgate occurred when he was on all fours getting mullered by the great unwashed - after it flew off from the sucker punch. You even accepted this in the original thread.

For what it's worth I think you were harsh on the guy. Easy to analyse frame by frame after. To me it just looks like he was trying to keep the most aggressive at arms length and try not to take another lump. No one comes out with much glory though- especially if he initiated the confrontation.
Buzz Killington

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:58 am

Buzz Killington wrote:
Kress wrote:

Hate to kill your buzz but he never actually claimed it happened in the way you repetedly refer to. The whole hatpassgate occurred when he was on all fours getting mullered by the great unwashed - after it flew off from the sucker punch. You even accepted this in the original thread.

For what it's worth I think you were harsh on the guy. Easy to analyse frame by frame after. To me it just looks like he was trying to keep the most aggressive at arms length and try not to take another lump. No one comes out with much glory though- especially if he initiated the confrontation.

Liar.
PrimeMinister

Postby Buc2 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:26 am

Buzz Killington wrote:
Kress wrote:

Shaman?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Buzz Killington » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:55 am

Buc2 wrote:
Buzz Killington wrote:

Shaman?

Predictable.
Buzz Killington

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:12 am

Shaman would have been fine had he said that he thought miss piggy was the one who hit him. Looking at the video, he never saw it coming.

Add to that an admission that it was not his finest moment and could have handled it better and he would have gotten off with a good ribbing from the board.

He didn't do that. He told a story that he thought made him look better. Problem with that was it was contradicted by the video. So he got hammered for it.

Lesson: Don't lie to the board. if you do something you regret, fess up and take your lumps.
Mountaineer Buc

Next

Return to Team Discussions