Defensive Alignment and Personnel Thread

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Defensive Alignment and Personnel Thread

Postby Four Verticals » Wed May 29, 2019 2:05 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Yup, but the thing I love about Bowles is he understands his defense must 'get home' (to the QB) and he isn't afraid to send more than the offense can block to do so. What was so infuriating with Lovie and Mike Smith that past 5 years is we seemed to be content with not generating a pass rush and the mentality on defense was to just die a slower death instead of risking a blitz.

The rule changes have made offense to easy if you can't pressure the QB vs most NFL QBs these days. Sitting back and waiting for a mistake just doesn't work anymore imo, atleast not like it did 10+ years ago when DBs could be more physical.

Under the last two guys, not only were they not aggressive in getting to the QB but they played so much off coverage that it made it harder to get to the QB because any somewhat decent QB would just throw to any one of 4 receivers open.
Four Verticals

Postby Caradoc » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:54 pm

Caradoc wrote:Surprised at the lack of love for Shaq Barrett. I wouldn't be surprised if he is our best pass rusher this year, but people here have him listed as either Spence or Nassib's backup.
Caradoc

Postby Deuce » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:21 pm

Caradoc wrote:
Caradoc wrote:Surprised at the lack of love for Shaq Barrett. I wouldn't be surprised if he is our best pass rusher this year, but people here have him listed as either Spence or Nassib's backup.

I don't remember who it was and I'm too lazy to find it. But during one of the preseason games, after he had two sacks, someone said "Barrett is making this team."

My reply was "uh...yeah" but in my head I was thinking, "duh, this guy is our best pass rusher by far."

This board held onto its faith in Spence until the bitter end.
Deuce

Previous

Return to Team Discussions