Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 6

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 6

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:44 am

Don’t let the first half fool you. This was a fun, exciting divisional game. It was also filled with what ifs. What if Catanzaro doesn’t miss the extra point? What if we convert the 2-point conversion? What if we don’t get intercepted on the first drive of the second half? What if Desean fields the last play? We were always one play away. We definitely beat ourselves, and if we can play like we did in the second half we’ll be a playoff team this season. It’s a mentality. Play like the 2nd half. Don’t be the 1st.

1.) Ryan Jensen, this is the type of ugly we need on the team.
2.) 2nd half defense, played like Mike Smith doesn’t have 300 insults against him on this board.
3.) Jameis Winston making the headlines for the right reasons. (inappropriate joke removed)
4.) Peyton Barber. Finally! (Sorry boys, didn’t like my last two jokes, ran out of time to come up with new ones)

Dislikes:
1.) So this defense is looking worst than Raheem bad, or Schiano starting Gorrer and Leonard Johnson bad.
2.) Thanks to Plinko for reminding us that the last time we beat Atlanta that Robert Aguayo was perfect on the day.
3.) Koetter calling a time out instead of challenging the spot of the ball against Austin Hooper. Where the F is the clock management coach?
4.) …He’s definitely not instructing Mike Evans to go out of bounds!!!
5.) Let me get this straight? Raheem cuts Matt Bryant and winds up playing with him in Atlanta, and Arthur Blank fires Mike Smith and essentially Dirk Koetter and we end up with them on our staff? How is that fair?
6.) Anyone catch that odd drive at the end of the first half where Atlanta jumps offside and causes Dotson to jump yet the referees refused to call Atlanta for a penalty? It was the same drive Ronald Jones caught the ball twice. Strange things are afoot at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
7.) After seeing all the overwhelming support for Hurricane Michael, I think that the Buccaneer’s defense should declare a state of emergency.

Random:
1.) Matt Ryan overthrows Julio Jones in the endzone, and somehow Chris Spielman credits Brent Grimes for knocking the ball away.
2.) Okay Subway, you got a kid in your ad flipping water bottles. What’s the point? How does that fell footlongs? …I’m feeling old, complaining about shitty advertising.
3.) Down 27-0 in the 4th quarter, Jon Gruden kicks a field goal. So, I guess it could be worse.
4.) Ron Rivera in an icing the kicker Pepsi commercial. Yeah right, we all know that Riverboat Ron would be crying that the ball chipped the paint on the goal post.

Overall:
This game would have been a huge win. We’d be in the driver’s seat for a playoff spot. I say this, because I believe this is a playoff worthy team. Yes, the Jamies vs. Magic debate was a distraction, but now we’re through that and it’s time to look at the big picture. Koetter is playoffs or breadline. We have the talent. The defense is going to get criticized, but our offense is good enough to get us to January football. The issue is, now we’ll be playing from being the rest of the season. I think even though we lost, we turned the corner this Sunday. I just hope we’ll be able to overcome a 2-3 start.
IchabodCrane84

Re: Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 6

Postby IronDog » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:50 am

Thanks, Ichy.

Go ahead and use your jokes. I need all the "Up" I can get these days.
IronDog

Postby UbuntuBuc » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:28 am

Yes, this game would have been huge. However, this team just did too many little things to win this game. To be honest I was shocked that they even had a chance to win at the end.
Last edited by UbuntuBuc on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
UbuntuBuc

Postby Buc2 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:29 am

**** this defense. If not for their crappy play in the 1st half, we wouldn't have needed a miracle 2nd half.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:32 am

Great job, Ichy.
Bootz2004

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:43 am

Nice optimism Ich. Julio had more yards them Martino still. :P

I agree this Bucs team has talent. But they don't have the smarts in key situations. We still find ways to lose game more often then finding ways to win them.

This defense gives me little hope. They are historically bad, literally on pace to be the worst in NFL history. With our offense being what it is I can deal with all these yards and points against us if our defense was atleast oppurtunistic and getting some sacks and takeaways, but we don't even do that.

On to the Browns and a rookie QB next week. Does any have any doubt Baker Mayfield will throw for over 300yds and the Browns put up 30points against the Bucs in RayJay?
DreadNaught

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:46 am

Winston narrowly beats out Mahomes as the best losing quarterback yesterday. Wear your make the Bucs great again hat when walking into Walmart for your ribbon...
mdb1958

Postby Buc You » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:50 am

IchabodCrane84 wrote:2.) Okay Subway, you got a kid in your ad flipping water bottles. What’s the point? How does that fell footlongs? …I’m feeling old, complaining about shitty advertising.

They had to do something with Jared's B-rolls.
Buc You

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:53 am

DreadNaught wrote:Nice optimism Ich. Julio had more yards them Martino still. :P

I agree this Bucs team has talent. But they don't have the smarts in key situations. We still find ways to lose game more often then finding ways to win them.

This defense gives me little hope. They are historically bad, literally on pace to be the worst in NFL history. With our offense being what it is I can deal with all these yards and points against us if our defense was atleast oppurtunistic and getting some sacks and takeaways, but we don't even do that.

On to the Browns and a rookie QB next week. Does any have any doubt Baker Mayfield will throw for over 300yds and the Browns put up 30points against the Bucs in RayJay?

We dont play defense, we play space responsibility with very little teamwork. Its why we are the worst with assisted tackles. No playing to your players strengths just do your space and hope for the best.
mdb1958

Postby BUCCABEER » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:00 am

Nice post as usual. I typically save any comments for your thread. Even though we had a Bye Week coming into this game, I just felt like it was going to be a tough one to win. I'm glad JW played good enough to not spend the whole week talking about putting Fitz back in. We should beat the Browns this week and then we are 3-3 with a whole lot of football left to play. If the Bucs can figure out how to play a whole game of Defense, we'll be right there at the end of the year fighting for a playoff spot.

I'm going out on a limb and predicting your thread next week will have the theme "Make the Bucs Brate Again"!!!!
BUCCABEER

Postby UbuntuBuc » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:01 am

DreadNaught wrote:On to the Browns and a rookie QB next week. Does any have any doubt Baker Mayfield will throw for over 300yds and the Browns put up 30points against the Bucs in RayJay?

I have my doubts about that. I don't think the Buccaneers defense is up to the task of holding any QB to less than 400yds.
UbuntuBuc

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:02 am

UbuntuBuc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:On to the Browns and a rookie QB next week. Does any have any doubt Baker Mayfield will throw for over 300yds and the Browns put up 30points against the Bucs in RayJay?

I have my doubts about that. I don't think the Buccaneers defense is up to the task of holding any QB to less than 400yds.

You haven't had a good weekend and it's carried over. Just literally held Ryan to less than 400 yards yesterday.
Bootz2004

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:11 am

It's just a very sad state of affairs when fans would be surprised if a Browns team led by a rookie QB were held to under 30 points at RayJay. But these are sad times for the Bucs defense.

Maybe they can figure it out this coming Sunday, the Browns certainly don't have the weapons that scare you. But neither did the Bears
DreadNaught

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:30 am

DreadNaught wrote:Nice optimism Ich. Julio had more yards them Martino still. :P

Yeah Martino disappointed me in my bold prediction. Didn't even see him on the field. Saw Watson though.
IchabodCrane84

Postby DonkeyHunter » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:43 am

This thread is ALWAYS worth the visit.
DonkeyHunter

Postby Super K » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:44 am

Appreciate the smiles on an ugly Monday morning Ich...
Super K

Postby BayAreaBucFan25 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:14 am

I would take Leonard Johnson over MJ Stewart.
BayAreaBucFan25

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:32 am

BayAreaBucFan25 wrote:I would take Leonard Johnson over MJ Stewart.

What about Torrie Cox?
IchabodCrane84

Postby BayAreaBucFan25 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:41 am

IchabodCrane84 wrote:
BayAreaBucFan25 wrote:I would take Leonard Johnson over MJ Stewart.

What about Torrie Cox?

Ehhh I’d rather have Corey Ivy.. MJ Stewart might be slower then Ronde Barber circa 2012. He makes me miss Verner.
BayAreaBucFan25

Postby UbuntuBuc » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:47 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
UbuntuBuc wrote:

You haven't had a good weekend and it's carried over. Just literally held Ryan to less than 400 yards yesterday.

Yes, you got me there. They held Ryan to 354yds passing.
UbuntuBuc

Postby SDBucs » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:00 pm

Damn just seeing that final play. Desean catches that we win the game
SDBucs

Postby terrytate » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:17 pm

SDBucs wrote:Damn just seeing that final play. Desean catches that we win the game

After I saw the replay, I dont think he does. 3 or 4 defenders had a good angle on him.
terrytate

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:21 pm

terrytate wrote:
SDBucs wrote:Damn just seeing that final play. Desean catches that we win the game

After I saw the replay, I dont think he does. 3 or 4 defenders had a good angle on him.

He should have had a TD catch before that. Ball landed in front of him in the end zone and I said out loud at the time that he lays out and catches that in a playoff game.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:03 pm

What joke did Ich remove? I’ve never seen Ich retract a joke before.
PrimeMinister

Return to Team Discussions