Ali Marpet - PAID

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Ali Marpet - PAID

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:20 pm

5yr extension, details to come...

Signed through 2023 now
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 14527
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 591 times
Been thanked: 637 times

Re: Ali Marpet - PAID

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:24 pm

That's 1! Lock em up, Licht!
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: Ali Marpet - PAID

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Curious to see what he gets. I like Marpet but really hope Licht isn’t giving him elite Zach Martin money. He shouldn’t get more than 12m/year IMO and probably should be in that 9-10 range though I bet it’s closer to that 12 number.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 9358
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 1068 times
Been thanked: 131 times

Re: Ali Marpet - PAID

Postby SIBucsFan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:51 pm

real bucs fan wrote:Curious to see what he gets. I like Marpet but really hope Licht isn’t giving him elite Zach Martin money. He shouldn’t get more than 12m/year IMO and probably should be in that 9-10 range though I bet it’s closer to that 12 number.


Mike Garafolo reports it's $55 million over 5 years, $27.125 million in guarantees.

Glad we locked him up.
User avatar
SIBucsFan
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:40 am
Has thanked: 310 times
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: Ali Marpet - PAID

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:00 pm

SIBucsFan wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Curious to see what he gets. I like Marpet but really hope Licht isn’t giving him elite Zach Martin money. He shouldn’t get more than 12m/year IMO and probably should be in that 9-10 range though I bet it’s closer to that 12 number.


Mike Garafolo reports it's $55 million over 5 years, $27.125 million in guarantees.

Glad we locked him up.


Confirmed. Makes him the 3rd highest paid guard in football.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: Ali Marpet - PAID

Postby Teitan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:01 pm

I guess the team likes him after all.
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 5225
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 266 times
Been thanked: 207 times

Re: Ali Marpet - PAID

Postby serbiabuc » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:02 pm

these are great news! now give money to Donovan Smith and we have our left part of line and center settled :)
serbiabuc
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:47 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Ali Marpet - PAID

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:12 pm

SIBucsFan wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Curious to see what he gets. I like Marpet but really hope Licht isn’t giving him elite Zach Martin money. He shouldn’t get more than 12m/year IMO and probably should be in that 9-10 range though I bet it’s closer to that 12 number.


Mike Garafolo reports it's $55 million over 5 years, $27.125 million in guarantees.

Glad we locked him up.

So 11m/year, I'm pretty fine with that. Thought Licht might get silly with it, so glad he didn't.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 9358
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 1068 times
Been thanked: 131 times

Re: Ali Marpet - PAID

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:14 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
SIBucsFan wrote:
Mike Garafolo reports it's $55 million over 5 years, $27.125 million in guarantees.

Glad we locked him up.

So 11m/year, I'm pretty fine with that. Thought Licht might get silly with it, so glad he didn't.


like signing him to a 3 year $33,333,333 contract to show that its all about protecting #3? :roll: :lol:
User avatar
beardmcdoug
 
Posts: 3884
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 pm
Has thanked: 498 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Re: Ali Marpet - PAID

Postby Super K » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:26 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
real bucs fan wrote: So 11m/year, I'm pretty fine with that. Thought Licht might get silly with it, so glad he didn't.


like signing him to a 3 year $33,333,333 contract to show that its all about protecting #3? :roll: :lol:


Ha!
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 232 times

Re: Ali Marpet - PAID

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:44 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
real bucs fan wrote: So 11m/year, I'm pretty fine with that. Thought Licht might get silly with it, so glad he didn't.


like signing him to a 3 year $33,333,333 contract to show that its all about protecting #3? :roll: :lol:


LMFAO!!
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: Ali Marpet - PAID

Postby Konatown » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:49 pm

Great news. Will seem like a bargain in time. Curious to see what Smith/Kwon May get.
Konatown
 
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Ali Marpet - PAID

Postby acmillis » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:10 pm

Konatown wrote:Great news. Will seem like a bargain in time. Curious to see what Smith/Kwon May get.

I got a feeling whatever Kwon gets...it aint gonna be from us.
acmillis
 
Posts: 1567
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:05 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: Ali Marpet - PAID

Postby Super K » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:14 pm

acmillis wrote:
Konatown wrote:Great news. Will seem like a bargain in time. Curious to see what Smith/Kwon May get.

I got a feeling whatever Kwon gets...it aint gonna be from us.


The way he's played, I may be ok with that...
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 232 times

Re: Ali Marpet - PAID

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:15 pm

acmillis wrote:
Konatown wrote:Great news. Will seem like a bargain in time. Curious to see what Smith/Kwon May get.

I got a feeling whatever Kwon gets...it aint gonna be from us.


Likewise. Hopefully Beckwith proves himself.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: Ali Marpet - PAID

Postby RobR » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:24 pm

Am I missing something? I’m seeing 55 million for 6 years so around 9 a year?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... rough-2023
Last edited by RobR on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobR
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:23 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Ali Marpet - PAID

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:27 pm

RobR wrote:Am I missing something? I’m seeing 55 million for 6 years around 9 a year?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... rough-2023


From the sounds of it they re-worked his salary for this year, probably a signing bonus and there's 5 additional years of new money. I just saw a tweet from PR that said it averages out to $10.825mil over 6 years. That would be roughly $64mil or so over 6 years. A good, fair deal.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: Ali Marpet - PAID

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:27 pm

RobR wrote:Am I missing something? I’m seeing 55 million for 6 years around 9 a year?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... rough-2023

The 55 million is for the 5 year extension.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 9358
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 1068 times
Been thanked: 131 times

Re: Ali Marpet - PAID

Postby Cheb » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:21 pm

Glad to see him get paid. He's been consistently our best offensive lineman every Sunday.
Image
Cheb
 
Posts: 4824
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Location: West Coast is best coast
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 415 times

Re: Ali Marpet - PAID

Postby Konatown » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:30 pm

Was just thinking, Will Donovan get more bc he plays LT? Even being the lesser of the two players?
Konatown
 
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Ali Marpet - PAID

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:43 pm

Konatown wrote:Was just thinking, Will Donovan get more bc he plays LT? Even being the lesser of the two players?

Of course he will.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 6145
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: Ali Marpet - PAID

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:49 pm

Konatown wrote:Was just thinking, Will Donovan get more bc he plays LT? Even being the lesser of the two players?


Yep. Unless we don't plan on bringing him back or he signs a below market deal like Ali signed, Donovan will easily get more APY and in guaranteed money.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: Ali Marpet - PAID

Postby MJW » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:30 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
SIBucsFan wrote:
Mike Garafolo reports it's $55 million over 5 years, $27.125 million in guarantees.

Glad we locked him up.

So 11m/year, I'm pretty fine with that. Thought Licht might get silly with it, so glad he didn't.


I was surprised at how reasonable the deal is. A bargain, honestly. We should lock up Donovan Smith this week also, since our entire OL should be on discount following the Chicago shitshow.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 9817
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 228 times
Been thanked: 439 times


post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Deja Entendu and 19 guests