Week 5 Discussion

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Week 5 Discussion

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:28 pm

Caradoc wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:More like Smith and Licht.

No, it's on Smith and Koetter. McDougald didn't look any better than any other DB here. He was hesitant, bad in coverage, and always bit hard on play fakes. When he left here nobody expected him to be any good. Some people slightly preferred him over Tandy and/or Conte, but let's stop with the historical revision. Nobody here thought he was more than an easily replaceable backup either.

I recall most of the board preferring McDougald to Conte. When has the fan decision “Player X or Conte” ever NOT gone the way of Player X. Fans wanted Conte the hell out of Tampa ASAP.
PrimeMinister

Postby Caradoc » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:52 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
Caradoc wrote:

No, it's on Smith and Koetter. McDougald didn't look any better than any other DB here. He was hesitant, bad in coverage, and always bit hard on play fakes. When he left here nobody expected him to be any good. Some people slightly preferred him over Tandy and/or Conte, but let's stop with the historical revision. Nobody here thought he was more than an easily replaceable backup either.

I recall most of the board preferring McDougald to Conte. When has the fan decision “Player X or Conte” ever NOT gone the way of Player X. Fans wanted Conte the hell out of Tampa ASAP.

I'm not saying most didn't prefer MacDougald. What I'm saying is most thought is a "taller midget" contest between two guys who were both backups at best.
Caradoc

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:25 pm

Ingram looks great in his 1st game back from suspension. Doesn’t look rusty at all ;)
Bootz2004

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:03 am

Caradoc wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

I'm not saying most didn't prefer MacDougald. What I'm saying is most thought is a "taller midget" contest between two guys who were both backups at best.

I can’t speak for everyone, but I definitely viewed McDougald as a starter.
real bucs fan

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:58 am

real bucs fan wrote:
Caradoc wrote:

I can’t speak for everyone, but I definitely viewed McDougald as a starter.

McDougald made plays and he also had his share of bad moments, prolly could hang the no pressure front four on his demise too.
mdb1958

Previous

Return to Team Discussions