Koetter sounds like he is done...

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Koetter sounds like he is done...

Postby mdb1958 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:06 am

This team can't afford for the offense not to perform.
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:17 am

When an achievement as big as putting it in the NFL hall of fame is clouded and overshadowed by "when is Winston coming back", I would say the biggest distraction was to Fitzgerald himself.

A 480 yard offense couldnt perform is a distraction.

Local hacks: Great 2 games you've had Ryan, how long before you come crashing down and become a loser again?

Ryan: Well I respect Dirk, so I'll go with whatever he comes up with.
mdb1958

Postby terrytate » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:37 am

Agent Orange wrote:So your argument is that we lost Conte which caused the difference between the Pittsburgh game compared to the Bears game? I would counter that after Conte got sent to IR we actually got better against the Steelers high octane offense. What other players, knowing that we got Vea back, were the cause of this defensive meltdown that weren't playing against Pitt?

My point was that going from Conte to a third string guy was a contributing factor. Against Pitt that didnt happen. Whitehead went in.

Nice attempt at a deflection though. Tell me more about how Keotter and the QBs made the DBs forget to cover people.

MJW wrote:"Our defense would totally be legit if Chris Conte was healthy!" might be the worst take ever.

Indeed it would be, if that was actually a thing someone said
Last edited by terrytate on Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
terrytate

Postby mdb1958 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:37 am

Giving up 68 first half points in two games, its all good because now we can explain Winston!

Tell ya what.

This year, I'd rather see Winston do some offensive exploits that have his stuff sitting right next to Fitzgerald's in Canton.

Go Bucs.
mdb1958

Postby IronDog » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:53 am

mdb1958 wrote:When an achievement as big as putting it in the NFL hall of fame is clouded and overshadowed by "when is Winston coming back", I would say the biggest distraction was to Fitzgerald himself.

Local hacks: Great 2 games you've had Ryan, how long before you come crashing down and become a loser again?

Fitzgerald?
IronDog

Postby mdb1958 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:17 am

IronDog wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:When an achievement as big as putting it in the NFL hall of fame is clouded and overshadowed by "when is Winston coming back", I would say the biggest distraction was to Fitzgerald himself.

Fitzgerald?

whoops

I spent to much time just typing Fitz, also I was studying how 5th round rookie Bilal Nichols is on pace to make GMC look comparable and insignificant...
mdb1958

Postby Noles1724 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:43 pm

mdb1958 wrote:
IronDog wrote:Fitzgerald?

whoops

I spent to much time just typing Fitz, also I was studying how 5th round rookie Bilal Nichols is on pace to make GMC look comparable and insignificant...

ok, what about the rest of that sentence?
Noles1724

Previous

Return to Team Discussions