Rapid Reactions Week 4: 48-10 Loss @ Chicago Bears

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Rapid Reactions Week 4: 48-10 Loss @ Chicago Bears

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:13 pm

Dirk still hasn’t verbally committed to Winston as the starter going forward. This man has no clue WTF he is doing.
PrimeMinister

Postby Doctor » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:17 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:Dirk still hasn’t verbally committed to Winston as the starter going forward. This man has no clue WTF he is doing.

There's no reason to. It's going to be Winston. But may as well keep the opponent in the dark.
Doctor

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:17 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:Dirk still hasn’t verbally committed to Winston as the starter going forward. This man has no clue WTF he is doing.

We’ve got to keep the Falcons guessing for 2 weeks. Really mess up their game plan.
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:18 pm

Doctor wrote:

There's no reason to. It's going to be Winston. But may as well keep the opponent in the dark.

That would imply that other NFL teams are as stupid as he is.
Bootz2004

Postby Nano » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:20 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:

We’ve got to keep the Falcons guessing for 2 weeks. Really mess up their game plan.

And then comes the Atlanta game in 2 weeks, and Ryan Griffin's entrance music starts playing.
Nano

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:21 pm

Doctor wrote:

I’m 100% positive the Falcons will be game planning for Winston. I don’t believe we gain any competitive advantage by straddling the fence on who our starting QB will be. If this is a helpful strategy then Dirk Koetter is on the cutting edge of football mental warfare since we are the only team doing this in the NFL.
PrimeMinister

Postby PetePierson » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:22 pm

Give up 6 TDs to that dolt, Trubisky? Imagine what Matty Ice, J.Jones and that crew is going to do?

Zoinks
PetePierson

Postby Heisenberg » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:34 pm

BucaRican wrote:This Coaching staff needs to be suspended for a week.

Jameis did worse than Fitz did in the first half against a team that was just relaxing and took out the 2nd string. Fitz was not the issue but what ever.

As bad as this game was, Falcons are coming and its not like we are out of anything, but coaches need to wake up, we are 2-2.

On a side note, I hate that Fitz was pulled, that is a lack of appreciation for a guy that put you in this position.

Lmao Winston had like 4 incompletions. One int was just a tossup.. QB play isn't relevant to why we lost either way
Heisenberg

Postby Babeinbucland » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:04 pm

Caradoc wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:This feels just like an abusive relationship. They act like they have changed and are going to treat me well. I think they have changed, I get my hopes up, and go back. Only to find out it gets worse :oops:

You figured out my plan!

Don’t think it didn’t cross my mind! I think someone probably just hacked your account tho
Babeinbucland

Postby Babeinbucland » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:09 pm

terrytate wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Who’s looking towards the draft? We’re 2-2. Season ain’t over.

This is true. We just played the toughest 4 game stretch of the season and are at .500. We haven't lost a single divisional game and only one to an NFC team. We won't see another pass rush that is anything close to the Bears again, unless we see them in the playoffs. The Bears pass rush is the only thing so far to stop this O all game, I feel confident that the offense will get on track. The defense is obviously a concern. Our pass rush is curretnly middle of the pack and getting Vea and Allen in there should help. I don't know what to say about the secondary, though. Maybe, since so many are rookies, they can clean it up some after the bye. This unit isn't going to be an elite defense but if we can cut down on the wide open deep plays and actually make QB's earn their money, it will be a big help.

We still have talent, we can still win games. This one was just all of our flaws coming up at once. In spite of this, I still think we wreck the Falcons.

Hopefully the Falcons will think we are a fluke, think Jameis is so rusty that rustoleum won’t help and study the tape and get over confident. Then we start Fitz lolol just kidding - calm down.
Babeinbucland

Postby Deja Entendu » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:54 pm

Well that was ****ing awful.

The optimist in me realizes 2-2 after that schedule is respectable (not how we got the 2 Ls obviously... but blowout Ls count the same as quality Ls).

That same optimistic side remembers the 99 squad being decimated by the Raiders 45-0. Sometimes teams get their teeth kicked in, and it doesn't have to be the tale of the season.

They have two weeks to let this simmer and stew. We will see what we have by how they respond.
Deja Entendu

Postby theBKwhopper » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:38 pm

After watching the Koetter and Winston PCs.. They look completely demoralized. It's gonna be tough to get back up after this one. This is the kind of game that can end a season, and some careers. It'll be interesting to see if they rise to the challenge to get back up and string some victories together.
theBKwhopper

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:43 pm

theBKwhopper wrote:After watching the Koetter and Winston PCs.. They look completely demoralized. It's gonna be tough to get back up after this one. This is the kind of game that can end a season, and some careers. It'll be interesting to see if they rise to the challenge to get back up and string some victories together.

I haven’t seen Winston’s PC, but I saw Koetter’s. The man looks lost. He is justifiably frustrated but I don’t think he has any semblance of an answer for this dumpster fire. Koetter seems like the coach who is pleasantly surprised when things are going great, but has no clue how it got that way.
PrimeMinister

Postby Nano » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:51 pm

I just wish I knew why every year we have one of these losses. Bears this year, Vikings last year, Cardinals in 2016. It's almost like clockwork that we'll have one game that completely destroys our optimism.
Nano

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:54 pm

Nano wrote:I just wish I knew why every year we have one of these losses. Bears this year, Vikings last year, Cardinals in 2016. It's almost like clockwork that we'll have one game that completely destroys our optimism.

I’m more concerned if this one game destroys the team optimism. Most teams have a bad loss during the year. Winning teams don’t carry that **** on to the next week.
PrimeMinister

Postby Agent Orange » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:59 pm

Like most I agree we need to let Smith go now. There is no excuse for today. Honestly we have enough talent on this team. They had no clue what they were doing on defense. Let me just put it to you this way, when you defer the kickoff and you have the leagues worst defense and they come right down and score you're fired. When it's a crutial point in the 1st quarter, you are still in the game, you don't put in the rookie RB for a tryout and gametime experience. He dropped his screen pass in the red zone, you're fired.

These guys checked out for their bue week before the game. Afyer that performance today cancel the bye week!
Agent Orange

Postby Nano » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:03 pm

Based on the shellshocked look of Koetter, I'd say it's destroyed a lot of his confidence. Doing that blanket "I Dunno what happened, I just got the job 5 minutes ago" stare every loss like an idiot is getting really old at this point. Every team has a bad loss...but this was more than that. This was a team that looked like a bad team, not an unlucky team like other teams do.
Nano

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:14 pm

I think Koetter is realizing he’s got to fire his friend.

In terms of the offense, no one to blame but Jameis and the distraction this whole thing became because he had to get suspended for grabbing Uber *****.
real bucs fan

Postby UbuntuBuc » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:32 pm

Rapid reaction: I did my laundry.
UbuntuBuc

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:10 am

real bucs fan wrote:I think Koetter is realizing he’s got to fire his friend.

In terms of the offense, no one to blame but Jameis and the distraction this whole thing became because he had to get suspended for grabbing Uber *****.

You’re just becoming a troll.

Regarding your legitimate comment on Koetter maybe you’re right. Maybe he knows Smith has to go ASAP.
PrimeMinister

Postby BayAreaBucFan25 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:02 am

What are people’s thoughts on moving grimes into the Nickel corner with Ryan smith and Davis on the outside? I just don’t think Stewart is fast enough for this league.
BayAreaBucFan25

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:06 am

Nano wrote:Based on the shellshocked look of Koetter, I'd say it's destroyed a lot of his confidence. Doing that blanket "I Dunno what happened, I just got the job 5 minutes ago" stare every loss like an idiot is getting really old at this point. Every team has a bad loss...but this was more than that. This was a team that looked like a bad team, not an unlucky team like other teams do.

Grimes had that same look, at this point Grimes has mailed it in and is just collecting a paycheck.
Jason Bourne

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:09 am

BayAreaBucFan25 wrote:What are people’s thoughts on moving grimes into the Nickel corner with Ryan smith and Davis on the outside? I just don’t think Stewart is fast enough for this league.

Our whole secondary sucks right now. Davis blows coverages, MJ Stewert is slow and blows coverages,Evans takes bad angles,and Grimes just doesnt give a **** anymore.
Jason Bourne

Postby theBKwhopper » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:44 am

real bucs fan wrote:I think Koetter is realizing he’s got to fire his friend.

Evidence?
theBKwhopper

Postby Cheb » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:29 am

BayAreaBucFan25 wrote:What are people’s thoughts on moving grimes into the Nickel corner with Ryan smith and Davis on the outside? I just don’t think Stewart is fast enough for this league.

I don't think Grimes should survive the bye week. He allowed 150+ yards and a TD against the Steelers in both phases of the defense. I haven't scouted his lowlights this week against the Bears, but watching the game it seems that it was more of the same. He's a major liability.

I'm fine with Stewart's speed, although I feel that he may be better suited by a switch to safety, especially given how shallow our safety depth is right now. His issues in coverage stem from hesitation. It's not that his feet and hips are too slow, it's that he is thinking too much. You see can it written plain as day. I'm not sure what his coaches are telling him to do, but when he plays a snap with confidence he stays in phase and contests the ball at the catch.

My biggest issue with Stewart is that he REALLY needs to work on his angles of pursuit. He's not in college anymore, and he isn't one of the best athletes on the field. You can't run down the ball in a straight line every down. He needs to play smart if he wants a long-term NFL career.

I am absolutely fine with Davis and Smith being our outside guys. They are far and away our best cover men on gameday. Ryan Smith is turning around his career.
Cheb

Postby BucaRican » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:42 am

sanka wrote:

Jameis did worse than Fitz did in the first half against a team that was just relaxing and took out the 2nd string. Fitz was not the issue but what ever.

As bad as this game was, Falcons are coming and its not like we are out of anything, but coaches need to wake up, we are 2-2.

On a side note, I hate that Fitz was pulled, that is a lack of appreciation for a guy that put you in this position.

You talked about everything except the defense. As usual you will attack Winston at every chance. :lol: :lol: :lol: This team sucks....I hope Winston move to a team with a winning tradition.

Is the Mike Smith a part of the coaching staff? If so than he is included.
BucaRican

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:43 am

Cheb wrote:I am absolutely fine with Davis and Smith being our outside guys. They are far and away our best cover men on gameday. Ryan Smith is turning around his career.

Koetter mentioned after the game they got Ryan Smith the game b/c they wanted to see him play more due to having a good game week 2 and not getting in last week with Grimes returning.

I think we may see a shake-up in the secondary over the bye and Davis-Smith being our starting CBs come week 6 wouldn't be a surprise. If there is any leash left for Grimes it has to be near the end. He's a huge liability vs the run (always has) and now he forgot/can't cover or atleast seems unwilling.
DreadNaught

Postby BucaRican » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:45 am

Heisenberg wrote:

Lmao Winston had like 4 incompletions. One int was just a tossup.. QB play isn't relevant to why we lost either way

What?????? That makes zero sense and proves my point. He had 4 dink and dunk incomplete passes and 2 interception when Chicago's took a vacation. Come on man, he had more picks than Fitzpatrick in the game.
BucaRican

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:53 am

BucaRican wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

What?????? That makes zero sense and proves my point. He had 4 dink and dunk incomplete passes and 2 interception when Chicago's took a vacation. Come on man, he had more picks than Fitzpatrick in the game.

16-20. That's 4 incomplete passes. But THIS proves a point many have made. People just don't like Winston. You're nitpicking over 4 incomplete passes on an afternoon where he came off the bench for the 1st time since probably little league in an already lost game, completed 80% of his throws and threw the only TD on the day. Nobody is calling it a legendary performance. It was nothing more than a tune up honestly. But what do you feel you have to prove by nitpicking over 4 incomplete passes out of 20
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:57 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Cheb wrote:I am absolutely fine with Davis and Smith being our outside guys. They are far and away our best cover men on gameday. Ryan Smith is turning around his career.

Koetter mentioned after the game they got Ryan Smith the game b/c they wanted to see him play more due to having a good game week 2 and not getting in last week with Grimes returning.

I think we may see a shake-up in the secondary over the bye and Davis-Smith being our starting CBs come week 6 wouldn't be a surprise. If there is any leash left for Grimes it has to be near the end. He's a huge liability vs the run (always has) and now he forgot/can't cover or atleast seems unwilling.

He looks every bit the part of an aging vet on the decline. There's no reason Ryan Smith shouldn't get the reps Grimes was getting. Davis is learning on the job and considering he's a rookie he's doing pretty well for himself. And MJ was mentioned also, I don't worry about him. He'll be fine. He just looks like a rookie.
Bootz2004

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions