Welcome back Jameis

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:25 am

real bucs fan wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
We were also playing the best defense in the NFL through the first quarter of the season. If not for some Aaron Rodgers late game magic week 1 (when Mack was still getting his legs) this team would be 4-0 on the strength of that defense. You can't reasonably expect any offense to go out there and hang 30 points on this Bears defense in their home stadium. I'd be shocked if that happens in 2018.

I agree the Bucs offense didn't play good and came out flat. The Bears had alot to do with that imo, MUCH more than any type of off field distraction. But even so, the Bucs defense should've been able to keep the game within striking distance. The Bucs got BLOWN OUT because of the defense, it's not like out offense was giving the Bears defensive scores or even short fields. The Bears offense just marched it down every drive to the point we only forced a total of TWO (2) third down plays in the entire 1st half. None of that embarrassing performance on defense had anything to do with the Bucs QB situation. ZERO.

No doubt the Bears D is great, but so was that Philly D. Our O is good enough to hang points on any team, but yesterday we had psychological issues and I’m merely pointing out that the QB situation is a likely source.

I think you're the only one with the psychological issues here. Not the Bucs.
Bootz2004

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:26 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:No doubt the Bears D is great, but so was that Philly D. Our O is good enough to hang points on any team, but yesterday we had psychological issues and I’m merely pointing out that the QB situation is a likely source.

Says the guy with triple the posts of anyone on here LMAO
real bucs fan

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:29 am

real bucs fan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Says the guy with triple the posts of anyone on here LMAO

That would make me the expert on the matter.
Bootz2004

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:41 am

real bucs fan wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
We were also playing the best defense in the NFL through the first quarter of the season. If not for some Aaron Rodgers late game magic week 1 (when Mack was still getting his legs) this team would be 4-0 on the strength of that defense. You can't reasonably expect any offense to go out there and hang 30 points on this Bears defense in their home stadium. I'd be shocked if that happens in 2018.

I agree the Bucs offense didn't play good and came out flat. The Bears had alot to do with that imo, MUCH more than any type of off field distraction. But even so, the Bucs defense should've been able to keep the game within striking distance. The Bucs got BLOWN OUT because of the defense, it's not like out offense was giving the Bears defensive scores or even short fields. The Bears offense just marched it down every drive to the point we only forced a total of TWO (2) third down plays in the entire 1st half. None of that embarrassing performance on defense had anything to do with the Bucs QB situation. ZERO.

No doubt the Bears D is great, but so was that Philly D. Our O is good enough to hang points on any team, but yesterday we had psychological issues and I’m merely pointing out that the QB situation is a likely source.

Philly's defense has not been at the same level the Bears have been playing in 2018. Especially vs the pass, sacking the QB, and creating turnovers.

But Philly does have a good defense for sure, the Bucs were aided by two 75yd plays in that game. Those plays were available b/c the game was close and the defense had to play honest. Unlike yesterday when the Bucs defense put us in a 30 point hole midway through the 2nd quarter.

Unless you can make a logical connection to how the Bucs QB situation created "psychological issues" for our defense where we let Mitchell Trubisky throw more TDs then he had incompletions I feel you're grabbing at straws here.
DreadNaught

Postby MJW » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:52 am

Jameis played okay, considering the situation.
So did Fitz, considering how totally overmatched our OL was.
Neither one looked great, but there's no point in worrying about it.
Obviously, Winston will start in two weeks, regardless of what anyone thinks about it.
Frankly, the quarterback situation has immediately moved from being the most pressing issue facing this franchise.
#firemikesmith
MJW

Postby Buc2 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:54 am

rbf, you may just want to cut bait and move on to a better fishing hole.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:00 pm

MJW wrote:Jameis played okay, considering the situation.
Obviously, Winston will start in two weeks, regardless of what anyone thinks about it.
Frankly, the quarterback situation has immediately moved from being the most pressing issue facing this franchise.
#firemikesmith

Yup, I don't think the quarterback situation is even a situation anymore. A silver lining is that that performance and loss allows the team to move forward with Winston starting. Which was inevitable at some point this season and would've been a talking point every week until it happened. Now we don't have to worry about it anymore.

I feel slightly bad for Fitz b/c I don't blame yesterday on him at all. Had the defense shown up and given him and the offense a chance maybe it's a different story. But it didn't and we move on.

I am thankful for Fitz playing the way did and handling the situation like the professional he is. I'm a fan. More importantly the teams knows we can move the ball and score with him if necessary. But like I said, going back to Winston was inevitable this season.
DreadNaught

Postby MJW » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:03 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
MJW wrote:Jameis played okay, considering the situation.
#firemikesmith

Yup, I don't think the quarterback situation is even a situation anymore. A silver lining is that that performance and loss allows the team to move forward with Winston starting. Which was inevitable at some point this season and would've been a talking point every week until it happened. Now we don't have to worry about it anymore.

I feel slightly bad for Fitz b/c I don't blame yesterday on him at all. Had the defense shown up and given him and the offense a chance maybe it's a different story. But it didn't and we move on.

I am thankful for Fitz playing the way did and handling the situation like the professional he is. I'm a fan. More importantly the teams knows we can move the ball and score with him if necessary. But like I said, going back to Winston was inevitable this season.

The way our OL and running game were "helping" our quarterbacks, we never had a chance behind center. Jameis had it a little easier because the Bears just played a soft zone in the 2nd half, but it was still a terrible spot to start your season at.

Credit to Fitz for getting us to 2-2, which is a game better than most of us were honestly expecting. Jameis is lucky to have him in the room. I hope the guy learned something sitting and watching. Now the biggest questions are on the other side of the ball, which is really frustrating considering how much talent we've imported the last 2-3 years. To still be giving up points like Raheem in 2011...
MJW

Postby BucaRican » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:43 pm

WOW , Dirk just named Jameis the starting QB for Atlanta. I really hate Dirk right now. Give the keys back without Jameis showing hard work or even earning his spot back.
BucaRican

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:46 pm

BucaRican wrote:WOW , Dirk just named Jameis the starting QB for Atlanta. I really hate Dirk right now. Give the keys back without Jameis showing hard work or even earning his spot back.

I was honestly hoping he'd start mike smith at QB and not dress the entire O-line
beardmcdoug

Postby Super K » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:46 pm

BucaRican wrote:WOW , Dirk just named Jameis the starting QB for Atlanta. I really hate Dirk right now. Give the keys back without Jameis showing hard work or even earning his spot back.

Are you off yer meds?
Super K

Postby Cheb » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:49 pm

Are you surprised? Is anyone?
Cheb

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:49 pm

If this is a "WOW" then you're living in a bubble dude.
DreadNaught

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:00 pm

RBF and Rican need to be put on suicide watch.
Bootz2004

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:08 pm

Was the offensive struggle a result of “locker room issues” or the sobering reality for people who thought that there was actually such thing as Fitzmagic?

Honestly, I’ve been saying this along with Bootz and PM since even before the Steelers game. This “hot hand” nonsense is hogwash, as is your “QB controversy.” There are 14 seasons of Ryan Fitzpatrick a a QB. Yesterday represents how he OFTEN looks against strong defenses. The inept first half should surprise no one who has paid attention to his career. It was less bad than the first half of the Steelers game, but not by much.

Like I said all week, if Dirk had stones he would have started the better player. And if fans didn’t knee-jerk like beard-blinded dopes, they wouldn’t feel so let down.
Ken Carson

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:18 pm

Ken Carson wrote:Was the offensive struggle a result of “locker room issues” or the sobering reality for people who thought that there was actually such thing as Fitzmagic?

Honestly, I’ve been saying this along with Bootz and PM since even before the Steelers game. This “hot hand” nonsense is hogwash, as is your “QB controversy.” There are 14 seasons of Ryan Fitzpatrick a a QB. Yesterday represents how he OFTEN looks against strong defenses. The inept first half should surprise no one who has paid attention to his career. It was less bad than the first half of the Steelers game, but not by much.

Like I said all week, if Dirk had stones he would have started the better player. And if fans didn’t knee-jerk like beard-blinded dopes, they wouldn’t feel so let down.

beardmcdoug

Postby Caradoc » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:28 pm

Cheb wrote:

Rican is a tinfoil hatter, don't think he represents the sane portion of the fanbase. Everyone knew this was going to be the case.
Caradoc

Postby BucaRican » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:31 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:RBF and Rican need to be put on suicide watch.

Nah I am good with it, not happy because of the way Dirk expressed it, but we will be no better with him if the Oline and the Defense plays like they did for Fitz these last 2 games. We saw how Fitz played with time in the first 2 games, Jameis is far worse when pressured. But you guys got what you wanted, I just want to win.
BucaRican

Postby Buc2 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:40 pm

Ken Carson wrote:Was the offensive struggle a result of “locker room issues” or the sobering reality for people who thought that there was actually such thing as Fitzmagic?

{ahem}
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Buc2 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:42 pm

BucaRican wrote:

Nah I am good with it, not happy because of the way Dirk expressed it, but we will be no better with him if the Oline and the Defense plays like they did for Fitz these last 2 games. We saw how Fitz played with time in the first 2 games, Jameis is far worse when pressured. But you guys got what you wanted, I just want to win.

So, because we'll be no better because of the OL and defense, we shouldn't start our franchise QB. Got it.
As for the bolded part... BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Super K » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:46 pm

Buc2 wrote:

{ahem}

I got left out too....at least now we know who his favorites are amirite?
Super K

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:59 pm

BucaRican wrote:

You talk as if you truly believed there was a chance Ryan Fitzpatrick would be named starting QB for the rest of the year.
Bootz2004

Postby Buc2 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:02 pm

Super K wrote:
Buc2 wrote:{ahem}

Naw. He just doesn't read our ****. :lol:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Super K » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:09 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Super K wrote:

Naw. He just doesn't read our ****. :lol:

Ha! No doubt!
Super K

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:13 pm

Super K wrote:
Buc2 wrote:{ahem}

Sorry for leaving you out. Maybe your sanctimony just didn’t stand out?
Ken Carson

Postby Buc2 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:18 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
Super K wrote:

Sorry for leaving you out. Maybe your sanctimony just didn’t stand out?

I think I can speak for SK here and say, we we're just ****ing with you. :D
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Super K » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:21 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Sorry for leaving you out. Maybe your sanctimony just didn’t stand out?

I think I can speak for SK here and say, we we're just ****ing with you. :D

Most definitely....

But thanks for teaching me a new vocab word today KC!
Super K

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:21 pm

Cheb wrote:

I’d be pissed if this didn’t happen. Just move forward with Jameis and hopefully this never need be discussed again.
real bucs fan

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:23 pm

Not like Jameis was much better when he came in, was he?

And Jameis did this to himself when he got suspended.
real bucs fan

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:30 pm

I don't think there was ever a QB controversy other then the potential around week 4. That potential scenario was tied to Fitz playing well AND the team winning. Winston is certainly the better and more talented QB, but being the better QB for this Bucs team in week 4 (given Winston's suspension) was not an obvious decision with how the offense was playing in all but the 2nd quarter vs the Steelers. So Fitz starting week 4 still makes sense to me (which is why I thought it could happen after week 1 if Fitz continued to play well). Licht even eluded to the possibility in the preseason.

Let's not pretend the Bears game would've been any different had Jameis started at QB. Our defense didn't give us a chance and that aint the QB's fault.

Moving forward this Bucs team has their starting QB back in the saddle with an opportunity to go 2-0 in the division (both being on the road) and get back above .500.
DreadNaught

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions