Welcome back Jameis

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby Caradoc » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:38 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Was the offensive struggle a result of “locker room issues” or the sobering reality for people who thought that there was actually such thing as Fitzmagic?

Honestly, I’ve been saying this along with Bootz and PM since even before the Steelers game. This “hot hand” nonsense is hogwash, as is your “QB controversy.” There are 14 seasons of Ryan Fitzpatrick a a QB. Yesterday represents how he OFTEN looks against strong defenses. The inept first half should surprise no one who has paid attention to his career. It was less bad than the first half of the Steelers game, but not by much.

Like I said all week, if Dirk had stones he would have started the better player. And if fans didn’t knee-jerk like beard-blinded dopes, they wouldn’t feel so let down.


I don't think there was ever a QB controversy other then the potential around week 4.

Let's not pretend the Bears game would've been any different had Jameis started at QB. Our defense didn't give us a chance and that aint the QB's fault.

Moving forward this Bucs team has their starting QB back in the saddle with an opportunity to go 2-0 in the division (both being on the road) and get back above .500.


Exactly. There was never a QB controversy. Week 4 was the only game really in question. Some media wags wanted a controversy and tried to push it, and a small minority of fans bought into the crazy start Fitz had to make a "hot hand" argument, but even they knew that it was always just a matter of time before Jameis was starting again. Calling this situation a QB controversy is pure nonsense.
Caradoc
 
Posts: 5124
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 277 times
Been thanked: 153 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby Buc2 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:46 pm

Super K wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I think I can speak for SK here and say, we we're just ****ing with you. :D



Most definitely....


But thanks for teaching me a new vocab word today KC!

Yeah...that was very well played.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 12429
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 1000 times
Been thanked: 436 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:08 pm

Caradoc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
I don't think there was ever a QB controversy other then the potential around week 4.

Let's not pretend the Bears game would've been any different had Jameis started at QB. Our defense didn't give us a chance and that aint the QB's fault.

Moving forward this Bucs team has their starting QB back in the saddle with an opportunity to go 2-0 in the division (both being on the road) and get back above .500.


Exactly. There was never a QB controversy. Week 4 was the only game really in question. Some media wags wanted a controversy and tried to push it, and a small minority of fans bought into the crazy start Fitz had to make a "hot hand" argument, but even they knew that it was always just a matter of time before Jameis was starting again. Calling this situation a QB controversy is pure nonsense.


Just listened to Dirk's PC and he addressed it (around the 11:15 min mark).

He basically stated when Licht called him this offseason to notify him of the 3 game suspension that he looked at the schedule and had it in his mind Fitz would start the first 4 games barring Fitz playing lights out (where he may play more) or terrible (where Winston would start week 4).

As expected it was somewhere in the middle those first 3 games (certainly more good then bad from Fitz), but the plan was for Jameis to start week 6 coming off the bye.

So the 2nd half vs the Bears was just a bonus for Winston. Good for him to get some game action.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13859
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 560 times
Been thanked: 601 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Offense: never go three and out for our defense when you or they are scared.

Team: Way to crap your pants and make yourself like the saddest unable to do anything about it team in the league.

Defense: Relax, I cant even talk about you so just enjoy my silence.

RBF: I believe it played a part in it.

QB's: I'm going to wait on the Atlanta game, I want to see how much the focus of this offense has changed.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10543
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 170 times
Been thanked: 100 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby Caradoc » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:17 pm

mdb1958 wrote:Offense: never go three and out for our defense when you or they are scared.

Team: Way to crap your pants and make yourself like the saddest unable to do anything about it team in the league.

Defense: Relax, I cant even talk about you so just enjoy my silence.

RBF: I believe it played a part in it.

QB's: I'm going to wait on the Atlanta game, I want to see how much the focus of this offense has changed.



So, you believe the defense cared so much about whether The Precious would start that they stopped playing like professionals?
Caradoc
 
Posts: 5124
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 277 times
Been thanked: 153 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:07 am

Caradoc wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:Offense: never go three and out for our defense when you or they are scared.

Team: Way to crap your pants and make yourself like the saddest unable to do anything about it team in the league.

Defense: Relax, I cant even talk about you so just enjoy my silence.

RBF: I believe it played a part in it.

QB's: I'm going to wait on the Atlanta game, I want to see how much the focus of this offense has changed.



So, you believe the defense cared so much about whether The Precious would start that they stopped playing like professionals?


Defense? Stopped?

I saw that we differed and Chicago went 75 yards for a TD, Then I saw where we went 3 successive possessions (15 plays for 74 yards only to get a field goal). Give Chicago the credit? no way - that was on us. We looked like a team that had nothing and played like a team that had nothing. Inexcusable!

Since you cant read line five, you sound like The Precious - whatever your trying to get across there. Your comments sound like someone who would have preferred a 0-4 start.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10543
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 170 times
Been thanked: 100 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby BucaRican » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:37 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
BucaRican wrote:
Nah I am good with it, not happy because of the way Dirk expressed it, but we will be no better with him if the Oline and the Defense plays like they did for Fitz these last 2 games. We saw how Fitz played with time in the first 2 games, Jameis is far worse when pressured. But you guys got what you wanted, I just want to win.


You talk as if you truly believed there was a chance Ryan Fitzpatrick would be named starting QB for the rest of the year.


No, I like when people have to earn a spot on the roster, especially after not being able to keep his hands to his-self in an Uber car. From day one he has not had a fear of losing his job, he should have to earn the right back into the starting line up, not just have it handed back. I didn't expect him to be named the starter for the rest of the year, but telling Winston he would have to prove himself in practice would be a start instead of rewarding him. It's a joke. Winston was enabled at FSU and is now being enabled here in Tampa. Again, there is no doubt Winston is a talented guy, but he needs to be humbled.
Image
BucaRican
 
Posts: 1164
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:53 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:53 am

BucaRican wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
You talk as if you truly believed there was a chance Ryan Fitzpatrick would be named starting QB for the rest of the year.


No, I like when people have to earn a spot on the roster, especially after not being able to keep his hands to his-self in an Uber car. From day one he has not had a fear of losing his job, he should have to earn the right back into the starting line up, not just have it handed back. I didn't expect him to be named the starter for the rest of the year, but telling Winston he would have to prove himself in practice would be a start instead of rewarding him. It's a joke. Winston was enabled at FSU and is now being enabled here in Tampa. Again, there is no doubt Winston is a talented guy, but he needs to be humbled.


The incident happened after his rookie season, he went on to continue being the starting QB the next two seasons.

The logic that he has to "earn" his starting job back over a Fitzpatrick is specious logic imo. As you stated you expected Jameis to be the starting QB again at some point. I assume you feel that way b/c he is the younger and better QB compared to what Fitz has shown himself to be over his 14yr career. So what wait? I get not starting him on a short week when he was fresh off a month long absence vs Chicago given how Fitz had been able to move the offense. But I don't understand the logic of not starting him week 6 when he's been back with the team.

As far as learning a lesson and being humbled. If the 3 game suspension and potential season-long or even lifetime ban for a future offense doesn't scare/humble him I don't think anything will. Certainly not a further team imposed punishment of making him "earn back" a spot that was already his for 2 years after the incident took place.

Again, this incident happened 2.5 years ago at this point and it seems Winston has changed alot off the field since then. He's a dad, he's engaged to be married, and he's reportedly stated that he's no longer drinking. I'd hope he understands that drinking with his buddies in public leads to bad things and it's not an environment he can allow himself to be in moving forward. He's lost that privilege and benefit of the doubt.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13859
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 560 times
Been thanked: 601 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby BucaRican » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:14 am

DreadNaught wrote:
BucaRican wrote:
No, I like when people have to earn a spot on the roster, especially after not being able to keep his hands to his-self in an Uber car. From day one he has not had a fear of losing his job, he should have to earn the right back into the starting line up, not just have it handed back. I didn't expect him to be named the starter for the rest of the year, but telling Winston he would have to prove himself in practice would be a start instead of rewarding him. It's a joke. Winston was enabled at FSU and is now being enabled here in Tampa. Again, there is no doubt Winston is a talented guy, but he needs to be humbled.


The incident happened after his rookie season, he went on to continue being the starting QB the next two seasons.

The logic that he has to "earn" his starting job back over a Fitzpatrick is specious logic imo. As you stated you expected Jameis to be the starting QB again at some point. I assume you feel that way b/c he is the younger and better QB compared to what Fitz has shown himself to be over his 14yr career. So what wait? I get not starting him on a short week when he was fresh off a month long absence vs Chicago given how Fitz had been able to move the offense. But I don't understand the logic of not starting him week 6 when he's been back with the team.

As far as learning a lesson and being humbled. If the 3 game suspension and potential season-long or even lifetime ban for a future offense doesn't scare/humble him I don't think anything will. Certainly not a further team imposed punishment of making him "earn back" a spot that was already his for 2 years after the incident took place.

Again, this incident happened 2.5 years ago at this point and it seems Winston has changed alot off the field since then. He's a dad, he's engaged to be married, and he's reportedly stated that he's no longer drinking. I'd hope he understands that drinking with his buddies in public leads to bad things and it's not an environment he can allow himself to be in moving forward. He's lost that privilege and benefit of the doubt.


Let's hope he has, because the threat of him slipping in the draft didn't seem to stop in from keeping his hands to himself. So let's hope, again I want to be on the record Winston is talented but he has always been a head case, lets not forget Josh Freeman's biggest weakness. I also think Fitz got the raw end of things but like a true teammate he is supportive. AGAIN I just want to Win!
Image
BucaRican
 
Posts: 1164
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:53 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:49 am

We all want the Bucs to win. Most feel Winston is the better QB and thus the ceiling his higher with him playing QB. Imo he's already a better QB than Fitz and with Winston the arrow is still trending up.

I disagree Fitz got a 'raw deal'. He signed here to be back-up prior to the 2017 season because NO other NFL team offered him a chance to start. He got to start 3 games for the Bucs last season when Winston hurt his shoulder. Fitz entered FA again this past offseason AGAIN, NO NFL TEAM offered him a chance to start. So he re-signed with the Bucs on another 1yr deal to be the back-up. Yet again he has had a chance to start multiple games and will once again be able to test his value in free agency this upcoming offseason. I doubt he'll be back in Tampa since Ryan Griffin will be taking over the back-up QB role.

This idea that Fitz is owed something I disagree with. It was never a QB competition here in Tampa and Fitz knew that when he signed here not once, but twice in b2b years. The ONLY possible way Fitz was going to remain the starter was if he was playing like a league MVP every week and the Bucs were hot. That lasted 2 weeks, which is 2 weeks more than most people expected.

Fans should be grateful to Fitz for being a solid back-up and stepping up like the professional he is. He's everything we wanted in that role. But Jameis is back and healthy so let's move on.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13859
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 560 times
Been thanked: 601 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby BucaRican » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:16 pm

DreadNaught wrote:We all want the Bucs to win. Most feel Winston is the better QB and thus the ceiling his higher with him playing QB. Imo he's already a better QB than Fitz and with Winston the arrow is still trending up.

I disagree Fitz got a 'raw deal'. He signed here to be back-up prior to the 2017 season because NO other NFL team offered him a chance to start. He got to start 3 games for the Bucs last season when Winston hurt his shoulder. Fitz entered FA again this past offseason AGAIN, NO NFL TEAM offered him a chance to start. So he re-signed with the Bucs on another 1yr deal to be the back-up. Yet again he has had a chance to start multiple games and will once again be able to test his value in free agency this upcoming offseason. I doubt he'll be back in Tampa since Ryan Griffin will be taking over the back-up QB role.

This idea that Fitz is owed something I disagree with. It was never a QB competition here in Tampa and Fitz knew that when he signed here not once, but twice in b2b years. The ONLY possible way Fitz was going to remain the starter was if he was playing like a league MVP every week and the Bucs were hot. That lasted 2 weeks, which is 2 weeks more than most people expected.

Fans should be grateful to Fitz for being a solid back-up and stepping up like the professional he is. He's everything we wanted in that role. But Jameis is back and healthy so let's move on.


I have to disagree with the arrow pointing up on Winston I think we have seen what he is, the only thing he can do to maybe tinker with that arrow is his decision making and thinking he can win the game with 1 throw, but from his half of play I saw nothing to say it has gotten better. I know one half of play rusty blah blah, but again we will see.
Image
BucaRican
 
Posts: 1164
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:53 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:18 pm

BucaRican wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:We all want the Bucs to win. Most feel Winston is the better QB and thus the ceiling his higher with him playing QB. Imo he's already a better QB than Fitz and with Winston the arrow is still trending up.

I disagree Fitz got a 'raw deal'. He signed here to be back-up prior to the 2017 season because NO other NFL team offered him a chance to start. He got to start 3 games for the Bucs last season when Winston hurt his shoulder. Fitz entered FA again this past offseason AGAIN, NO NFL TEAM offered him a chance to start. So he re-signed with the Bucs on another 1yr deal to be the back-up. Yet again he has had a chance to start multiple games and will once again be able to test his value in free agency this upcoming offseason. I doubt he'll be back in Tampa since Ryan Griffin will be taking over the back-up QB role.

This idea that Fitz is owed something I disagree with. It was never a QB competition here in Tampa and Fitz knew that when he signed here not once, but twice in b2b years. The ONLY possible way Fitz was going to remain the starter was if he was playing like a league MVP every week and the Bucs were hot. That lasted 2 weeks, which is 2 weeks more than most people expected.

Fans should be grateful to Fitz for being a solid back-up and stepping up like the professional he is. He's everything we wanted in that role. But Jameis is back and healthy so let's move on.


I have to disagree with the arrow pointing up on Winston I think we have seen what he is, the only thing he can do to maybe tinker with that arrow is his decision making and thinking he can win the game with 1 throw, but from his half of play I saw nothing to say it has gotten better. I know one half of play rusty blah blah, but again we will see.


You think at 24 a QB with his talent has plateaued? You clearly don't follow the NFL or understand the QB position. Dread will certainly do his best I'm sure but there's no hope for you.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:23 pm

He's 24yrs old. He's improved in every advanced metric each season he has played. His final 5 games last year when he returned from his shoulder injury were among the best in the NFL.

He seemed to carry that into the preseason when he was as precise as any of us have ever seen him.

If you don't think the arrow is trending up on Jameis Winston's development then you are not paying attention imo b/c the data speaks for itself. Every advanced metric is improving, not declining, or even remaining stagnant. Which is why I say the arrow is trending up.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13859
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 560 times
Been thanked: 601 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:41 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
BucaRican wrote:
I have to disagree with the arrow pointing up on Winston I think we have seen what he is, the only thing he can do to maybe tinker with that arrow is his decision making and thinking he can win the game with 1 throw, but from his half of play I saw nothing to say it has gotten better. I know one half of play rusty blah blah, but again we will see.


You think at 24 a QB with his talent has plateaued? You clearly don't follow the NFL or understand the QB position. Dread will certainly do his best I'm sure but there's no hope for you.


Kaepernick did
User avatar
beardmcdoug
 
Posts: 3516
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 pm
Has thanked: 423 times
Been thanked: 292 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:44 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
You think at 24 a QB with his talent has plateaued? You clearly don't follow the NFL or understand the QB position. Dread will certainly do his best I'm sure but there's no hope for you.


Kaepernick did


Alex Smith didn't
Drew Brees didn't
Ben Roethlisberger didn't
Aaron Rodgers didn't
Tom Brady didn't
Cam Newton didn't
Philip Rivers didn't
Matt Ryan didn't

I'll take my odds over yours, kidddo.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:39 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
You think at 24 a QB with his talent has plateaued? You clearly don't follow the NFL or understand the QB position. Dread will certainly do his best I'm sure but there's no hope for you.


Kaepernick did


Kaep also rose to prominence in the NFL when the read-option was all the rage and defenses were adjusting to it. As soon as the NFL changed the rule that defenses could hit the QB if they were carrying out a fake Kaep was not nearly as effective.

Kaep and Winston are clearly not the same style of QB either.

Let's not forget that Jameis Winston (24) is still the 8th youngest starting QB in the NFL.

Trubisky - 24
Goff - 23
Mayfield - 23
Mahomes - 23
Watson - 23
Darnold - 21
Rosen - 21
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13859
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 560 times
Been thanked: 601 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby Super K » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:41 pm

User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby Agent Orange » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:25 pm

What kind of chocolate milk is Jameis serving?
Agent Orange
 
Posts: 757
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:10 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby BucaRican » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:25 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:
Kaepernick did


Alex Smith didn't
Drew Brees didn't
Ben Roethlisberger didn't
Aaron Rodgers didn't
Tom Brady didn't
Cam Newton didn't
Philip Rivers didn't
Matt Ryan didn't

I'll take my odds over yours, kidddo.


Lol your kidding right? Just do a simple google search:

1. JaMarcus Russell Did
2. Joey Harrington did
3. Matt Leinart did
4. Brady Quinn did
5. Christian Ponder did
6. Vince Young did
7. David Carr did
8. Josh Freeman did
9. Sam Bradford lol is still failing
10. Jake Locker did
11. Blaine Gabbert welllllll still failing
12. EJ Manuel has and still is

I can go on and on and on and on and on, for every success there are 2 that fail. You tend to see what a guys are pretty early, somethings can be fixed and others are impossible, the brain is one of those.
Image
BucaRican
 
Posts: 1164
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:53 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:31 pm

BucaRican wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Alex Smith didn't
Drew Brees didn't
Ben Roethlisberger didn't
Aaron Rodgers didn't
Tom Brady didn't
Cam Newton didn't
Philip Rivers didn't
Matt Ryan didn't

I'll take my odds over yours, kidddo.


Lol your kidding right? Just do a simple google search:

1. JaMarcus Russell Did
2. Joey Harrington did
3. Matt Leinart did
4. Brady Quinn did
5. Christian Ponder did
6. Vince Young did
7. David Carr did
8. Josh Freeman did
9. Sam Bradford lol is still failing
10. Jake Locker did
11. Blaine Gabbert welllllll still failing
12. EJ Manuel has and still is

I can go on and on and on and on and on, for every success there are 2 that fail. You tend to see what a guys are pretty early, somethings can be fixed and others are impossible, the brain is one of those.

A lot of those guys are nowhere near the same level of talent as Jameis. Just because someone drafted them highly means nothing.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 3915
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby BucaRican » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:34 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
BucaRican wrote:
Lol your kidding right? Just do a simple google search:

1. JaMarcus Russell Did
2. Joey Harrington did
3. Matt Leinart did
4. Brady Quinn did
5. Christian Ponder did
6. Vince Young did
7. David Carr did
8. Josh Freeman did
9. Sam Bradford lol is still failing
10. Jake Locker did
11. Blaine Gabbert welllllll still failing
12. EJ Manuel has and still is

I can go on and on and on and on and on, for every success there are 2 that fail. You tend to see what a guys are pretty early, somethings can be fixed and others are impossible, the brain is one of those.

A lot of those guys are nowhere near the same level of talent as Jameis. Just because someone drafted them highly means nothing.


Huh???? How can you even say that? A lot of the guys Bootz mentioned weren't either. The guys I listed are full of heisman and national championship winners, with the same hype Winston had coming out of collage.
Image
BucaRican
 
Posts: 1164
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:53 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby terrytate » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:44 pm

BucaRican wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:A lot of those guys are nowhere near the same level of talent as Jameis. Just because someone drafted them highly means nothing.


Huh???? How can you even say that? A lot of the guys Bootz mentioned weren't either. The guys I listed are full of heisman and national championship winners, with the same hype Winston had coming out of collage.


The guys you listed couldn't plateau because they never peaked lol. They were drafted high, but never were worth a **** in general.

Winston, if healthy, is likely to become the franchise's all time passing leader this year. He accomplished several things no other young had. Winston only has two faults. Hes been a meathead and he suffers from turnovers. Otherwise, on the field hes been a stud on a horrific team.

For example, if his offense scores 35 points a game the rest of the way through, it the defense gives up 45, are you going to throw the win loss record at Winston's feet?
User avatar
terrytate
 
Posts: 2565
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:49 am
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:48 pm

BucaRican wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:A lot of those guys are nowhere near the same level of talent as Jameis. Just because someone drafted them highly means nothing.


Huh???? How can you even say that? A lot of the guys Bootz mentioned weren't either. The guys I listed are full of heisman and national championship winners, with the same hype Winston had coming out of collage.


None of those 12 QBs ever peaked at the level of play we've already seem from Jameis. Maybe Bradford, but he's never stayed healthy to sustain it.

Anyways, it's like I said yesterday, by every observable advanced metric Winston has improved year by year. He's 24yrs old. If you honestly believe that we've seen the best football Winston is capable of playing or he has not improved since getting drafted then you are just ignoring data.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13859
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 560 times
Been thanked: 601 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby Buc2 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:10 pm

BucaRican is like the bibl of TD.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 12429
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 1000 times
Been thanked: 436 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:17 pm

And what do you call a quarterback that cant win games, anybody that knows football has that down. Its all that matters the rest is gravy.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10543
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 170 times
Been thanked: 100 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby Rocker » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:22 pm

Buc2 wrote:BucaRican is like the bibl of TD.
Image
User avatar
Rocker
 
Posts: 4202
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:23 am
Location: Upper deck of the Old Sombrero
Has thanked: 237 times
Been thanked: 222 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:30 pm

mdb1958 wrote:And what do you call a quarterback that cant win games, anybody that knows football has that down. Its all that matters the rest is gravy.


What QB lost the game vs the Bears?
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13859
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 560 times
Been thanked: 601 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby Caradoc » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:10 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
The incident happened after his rookie season, he went on to continue being the starting QB the next two seasons.


Again, this incident happened 2.5 years ago at this point and it seems Winston has changed alot off the field since then. He's a dad, he's engaged to be married, and he's reportedly stated that he's no longer drinking. I'd hope he understands that drinking with his buddies in public leads to bad things and it's not an environment he can allow himself to be in moving forward. He's lost that privilege and benefit of the doubt.



While I am 100% with you on the whole "There was never a QB competition, and Fitz wasn't treated badly" part, I have some issue with the statements quoted. First, the fact that the actual incident happened 2+ years is misleading. He was supposed to report it and yet he kept the team and the league in the dark about it the whole time, continually refusing to alert them as he was supposed to do. So while the grope was in the past, he was still continuously engaged in breaking league rules the whole time. Not to mention he was at least complicit in what was a poor attempt to lie his way out of it with his buddy's "alibi" that eventually got shot down.

The other part, that he has "changed" off the field, is purely speculation. Becoming a father changes some people. It also doesn't change many others. Him not drinking is a claim he has made, not a proven fact, and we don't know how much alcohol actually affected his behavior anyway - he has multiple examples of poor choices made when we know he as sober - BB guns, Crab Legs, FHRITP. So giving him the benefit of the doubt in this case is really based on hopeful thinking rather than evidence.
Caradoc
 
Posts: 5124
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 277 times
Been thanked: 153 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby Patrick McIrish » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:26 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Again, this incident happened 2.5 years ago at this point and it seems Winston has changed a lot off the field since then.


Do you ever listen to yourself? You post like an 8 year old naive Girl Scout. This is where you lose all your posting points to me.

Yes, it happened to 2.5 years ago and before it came to light you were on here beating the drums about him being a "model citizen". Remember that?

Yes, I do too. I actually called you out for it. No, I didn't know this had happened but I knew you (like me) had no idea what sort of citizen he was.

Point is once again you have no earthly idea if he has or has not changed off the field. None! You aren't around him, you don't talk to him, you don't know him.....

And even if you did you wouldn't know what he was up to.....

But as a fan posting from afar on the Buc board he feels comfortable stating that he feels Winston has changed off the field, LOL, you couldn't make this stuff up if you tried. :roll:


DreadNaught wrote: He's a dad, he's engaged to be married, and he's reportedly stated that he's no longer drinking.


That seals it for me, if nothing else he's proven he can be taken at his word!! Sigh. :roll:

How many times doe he have to lie to the world before you realize he's full of **** and just saying what he needs to say at the time it needs to be said.

And yes of course there's always a new reason he's going to straighten out......

In 20 years it will be because he's now a Grandfather and wants to set a good example for his Grand kids and so on. :roll:

Let me give you a life lesson here son - if you need a "reason" not be a sexual deviant then you're fucked to begin with. Do you not get that?

Err.. well he's a Dad now, got a kid, doubt he rapes anyone else and attacks UBER drivers because if he got caught it would be a bad example for his kids.

He's never had such a big motivation not to be a pervert!!!!


IT'S JUST FING PATHETIC! We root for sexual deviants and make excuses for them because they wear our team colors. That's the only reason why.

Your next door neighbor had the same record you'd be demanding your wife and kids steer way clear of him, probably want to move, and for good reason.

Since he's our QB then Dread swears he's a model citizen and now because he's a Dad has motivation to quit raping and assaulting women!

Great post Dread, let me get that in before the rest of Gooberville nation chimes in.
Patrick McIrish
 
Posts: 2519
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:55 pm
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 101 times

Re: Welcome back Jameis

Postby Patrick McIrish » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:43 pm

And all I read is AGE, AGE, AGE, AGE, AGE. What it's about is STARTS, STARTS, STARTS, STARTS, STARTS!

Winston will be starting game #46 against Atlanta. That's literally a career for most QB's.

There is a roomful of young guys that are showing outstanding potential already in limited starts, no where near the amount of experience Winston has.

And in fact the guys on top of most statistical boards for QB are young guys, not showing potential but actually kicking ass all over the field......

What Mahomes and Goff are doing for example is just incredible. Again, 2 QB's combined that don't have the playing experience of Winston.

And none of it is rare, most QB's when they get around 20 starts or so are going to showing you what kind of QB they will be.

Now with all that said I am 100% behind Winston right now. I want to see him do well. We need him to do well.

But I am done with all the bullshit excuse making for this kid, I WANT TO SEE SOME RESULTS!

I don't want to hear he's a Dad now and because of that will straighten up. I don't want to hear he's only 24, still developing....

Other than a few games he's literally going into his 4th season starting almost every single regular season game, not to mention all the first team snaps every season, practice, pres-season games and so on.

If he hasn't gotten the feel for playing QB at the NFL level by now he never will. The tools are here on the field, the time is now.

He's been wildly inconsistent on the field, even worse off the field, and we still seem to want to kiss his ass and make excuse after excuse for him.

We need to make a BIG decision soon, literally the fate of this organization will ride largely on whether we invest all that money in a 2nd contract for him or not.

From what I have seen so far, I say no. I am hoping and praying he gives me a reason to change my mind in the coming season....

We move on.
Patrick McIrish
 
Posts: 2519
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:55 pm
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 101 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BayAreaBucFan25, Cheb, Google [Bot], nhbucsfan, Snake, viva la Reagan, Zarniwoop and 33 guests