OFFICIAL Bucs Vs. Steelers Monday Night Football Game Thread

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
OFFICIAL Bucs Vs. Steelers Monday Night Football Game Thread

Postby PlinkoBuccaneer » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:05 am

Hi, Buccaneers fans! :) Our Tampa Bay Buccaneers already are 2-0 to start the 2018 since their 2010 season and can now win their third straight game as the visiting Pittsburgh Steelers come to Tampa to play our Buccaneers. Steelers are also playing a regular season game in Tampa Bay for the first time, since their 38-13 win at Ray Jay, back on September 26, 2010.

Hopefully our Buccaneers can perform and show better results tonight, as the Atlanta Falcons defeated Tampa Bay in the Bucs last MNF TV appearance, by the score of 24-21, also played at Raymond James Stadium, back on December 18, 2017.

After two weeks prior to tonight's MNF game, Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh statistically are the top two in Total Offense in the NFL each producing 482.5 and 473 YPG. However, in Total Defense our Bucs are #31 in the NFL, allowing 443.5 yards, while the Steelers are #24, with their 388 yards.

Steelers reportedly has shopped disgruntled RB Le'veon Bell for a trade, and James Conner is stepping up in the backfield in his place as their starting running back. Bell still refused to sign his franchise tender contract, and already been removed from their depth chart.

Le'Veon Bell's absence impacts the Steelers production and strength in the running game, while the Buccaneers do not have their starting and incumbent QB Jameis Winston still serving his personal conduct suspension. Since his absence, the Bucs offense has gotten more productive and dynamic with the leadership of Backup QB and NFL journeyman Ryan Fitzpatrick.

A third straight win tonight, would be their winningest record to start their regular season since their 2005 NFL season. That Bucs team was coached by current Raider Head Coach Jon Gruden, went on to both finish 11-5, and were the 2005 NFC South Division Champions. However, the Bucs lost to the Redskins later in the 2005 NFC Wild Card Playoffs in Tampa.

Tampa Bay is playing their 22nd all-time Monday Night Football game tonight, with their current 11 win, 10 loss record.

Pittsburgh though leads the all-time regular season series over Tampa Bay in tonight's 11th meeting, with their 8-2 record, a rivaiy that began in the Buc's first NFL season, when the Steelers shutout the Buccaneers 42-0 at Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh back on December 5, 1976. Steelers also outscored the Bucs 233 points to 131 points in the previous 10 meetings.

Buccaneers first and only home win over the Steelers so far in Tampa Bay was their fifth game between the teams 22 years later. Bucs RB Mike Alstott scored the games only TD with his 3-yard run, followed by Michael Husted's PAT, and his three field goals from 39,37, and 21 yards for Tampa Bay's 16-3 win over Pittsburgh in Raymond James Stadium back on December 13, 1998. Bucs QB Trent Dilfer also completed 9 of his 18 passes for 118 yards.

Tampa Bay's also defeated Pittsburgh in both their most recent, and first ever, regular season road win over the Steelers at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh. Bucs QB Mike Glennon completed 21 of his 42 passes for 302 yards, and used them to throw two TD passes, 7 yards to Mike Evans, and the game-winner with seven seconds left in the fourth quarter with his 5 yard TD pass to Vincent Jackson, for the Bucs 27-24 win there back on September 28, 2014. Doug Martin also scored on his 3 yard TD run, and Patrick Murray kicked three PAT's and two FG's from 50 and 27 yards. Their last meeting androad win ended Tampa Bay's four game regular season losing streak.

Joe Tessitore, former Dallas Cowboys TE Jason Witten are announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline reporters Anthony Darelle McFarland and Lisa Salters, for the Entertainment And Sports Programming Network and American Forces Television Network for our US military personnel, seen throughout the USA and internationally, and on all personal devices and laptops on both through the https://www.espn.com/ website, and the ESPN Mobile App, all media seen live on HD.

Gene Deckerhoff, our 'Voice Of The Buccaneers' and former Bucs player Dave Moore, along with sideline reporter and interviewer T.J. Rives, are also announcing the live radio game commentary and analysis, simulcast on flagship station WXTB 97.9 - 98 Rock, and throughout Florida, on the Buccaneers Radio Network.

Former Bucs and Colts Head Coach, and current NBC Sunday Night Football analyst Tony Dungy, will be acknowledged and added with his Buccaneers Ring Of Honor in the Raymond James Stadium rafters at halftime.

Mostly cloudy skies with scattered thunderstorms at 81 degrees, feels like 87 degrees, is the local game forecast for the 8:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time kickoff from inside Raymond James Stadium, along with 32% precipitation, 78% humidity, and eastern winds at 4 miles per hour.

Visiting Steelers are wearing their black helmets, and Nike white jerseys and gold pants, while the Bucs are wearing their pewter helmets, Nike red jerseys, and pewter pants.

NO injuries, Dominate Over The Visiting Steeler Nation in Tampa Bay, Fire Those Cannons In The North End Zone Big Time, Shout Out Ozzie Around Ray Jay, Win Your Third straight, and GO BUCS!!!!! ;) :) TAMPA........ BAYYYYY!!! :P :D :D :D :D :D

Buccaneers Vs. Steelers Monday Night Football Game Night Central:

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/how-to- ... buccaneers

https://www.buccaneers.com/thebuccaneer

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/monday- ... rs-matchup

https://98rock.iheart.com/

Buccaneers Vs. Steelers Monday Night Football Live NFL Game Center, And Team Injury Reports:

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20180924 ... ab=preview

https://www.buccaneers.com/team/injury-report/

https://www.steelers.com/team/injury-report/
Last edited by PlinkoBuccaneer on Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.
PlinkoBuccaneer

Re: OFFICIAL Bucs Vs. Steelers Monday Night Football Game Th

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:20 am

Stop the run and get to Ben.
mdb1958

Postby PetePierson » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:21 am

Concerned FitzMagic comes back down to earth. On the other hand, dreaming he throws 5 TDs to keep up with that freak Mahomes.

So conflicted.

Hold me?
PetePierson

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:22 am

My dream was 8 TD's
mdb1958

Postby Bucs N Beers » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:32 am

Which defense wants to play defense?
Bucs N Beers

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:52 am

PetePierson wrote:Concerned FitzMagic comes back down to earth. On the other hand, dreaming he throws 5 TDs to keep up with that freak Mahomes.

So conflicted.

Hold me?

Be honest, you're just sad Vea is not playing!?!?
DreadNaught

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:55 am

Bucs N Beers wrote:Which defense wants to play defense?

Could there be a perfect storm brewing, in the off season I was quite irritated with DN and his lofty expectations of a purchased d-line. Now after giving it some thought, we could have 3 defensive tackles coming that could be fresh as daisies for the rest of the season run.
mdb1958

Postby Super K » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:34 am

Gonna have to score a bunch of points if we wanna win...30+...

AND, maybe more importantly, we've gotta get to BB and get him on the ground....
Super K

Postby Fiasco » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:54 am

It's gonna be real important for the Bucs to outscore the Steelers if they want a shot to win this game.
Fiasco

Postby Super K » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:00 am

Fiasco wrote:It's gonna be real important for the Bucs to outscore the Steelers if they want a shot to win this game.

Hahahaha...smart ass ..
Super K

Postby Patrick McIrish » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:22 am

Admin - can we get this same thread for LEGENDS and the other 2% that are long term contributors?

I mean it's great to read through all the CF nonsense, Kenda and Moon arguing over which punter has the best package and so on.....

But can the big boys play alone? Makes it easy for myself and other leaders of the game to find the more in-depth comments about what is going on.

PM me, thanks.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Buccs99 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:01 am

PetePierson wrote:Concerned FitzMagic comes back down to earth. On the other hand, dreaming he throws 5 TDs to keep up with that freak Mahomes.

So conflicted.

Hold me?

My worry is that we are too consumed in the fact that we are only just 2-0 and judging by our history of primetime games in the last decade or so, we are in for a long night.

On the other hand, i like the confidence, the fun, they are playing good football and that mentality could go on all season.

hold tight, my friend, hold tight. :lol:
Buccs99

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:09 am

Buccs99 wrote:

So conflicted.

Hold me?

My worry is that we are too consumed in the fact that we are only just 2-0 and judging by our history of primetime games in the last decade or so, we are in for a long night.

On the other hand, i like the confidence, the fun, they are playing good football and that mentality could go on all season.

hold tight, my friend, hold tight. :lol:

And if they play with that same mentality tonight, even in a loss, we can come away feeling good about the team.

They're playng with house money at the moment. A loss tonight is not the end of the season.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:19 am

It should be a good football game. The Steelers are talented and experienced football team looking to avoid an 0-2-1 start with 2-1 Baltimore coming to Pittsburgh next week. The Bucs are playing good and their seems to be a unique aura around this team this seasons dating back from camp. I don't think the Bucs will come out flat at all.

My Gators trounced Tennessee Saturday night, I'll be going 4-0 in my fantasy leagues this weekend, so capping it off with a big Bucs win on Monday Night Football would be fitting end to a great football weekend for me personally.
DreadNaught

Postby BacksidePursuit » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:40 am

Looking forward to it, will get off work just in time.

Go Bucs!
BacksidePursuit

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:47 am

Based on our injuries my best guess for the 7 inactives tonight would be;

DT - Vea
DT - Allen
CB - Williams
OL - Cappa
OL - Liedtke
WR - Watson
RB - Rojo

That means Noah Spence should be active based on the normal standard of 8 Dlinemen being active. We have 10 DL on the 53 but Allen and Vea have been ruled out. Had either been healthy/active I think Rojo would've made his season debut tonight.
DreadNaught

Postby RedLeader » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:50 am

RedLeader

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:52 am

DreadNaught wrote:Based on our injuries my best guess for the 7 inactives tonight would be;

DT - Vea
DT - Allen
CB - Williams
OL - Cappa
OL - Liedtke
WR - Watson
RB - Rojo

That means Noah Spence should be active based on the normal standard of 8 Dlinemen being active. We have 10 DL on the 53 but Allen and Vea have been ruled out. Had either been healthy/active I think Rojo would've made his season debut tonight.

Sounds about right. But what would either of them being healthy have to do with Jones? Allen was healthy on last Sunday and Jones still sat. If Allen and Vita played who's taking their spots AND Rojo's spot as inactive?
Bootz2004

Postby BacksidePursuit » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:55 am

I want Rojo to play.

And then he’ll blow a blocking assignment and I’ll ask why he’s in the game.
BacksidePursuit

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:00 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Based on our injuries my best guess for the 7 inactives tonight would be;

DT - Vea
DT - Allen
CB - Williams
OL - Cappa
OL - Liedtke
WR - Watson
RB - Rojo

Sounds about right. But what would either of them being healthy have to do with Jones? Allen was healthy on last Sunday and Jones still sat. If Allen and Vita played who's taking their spots AND Rojo's spot as inactive?

Nvm, I didn't think that through when typing it. You're correct there. Rojo likely inactive either way. Fact is we normally only have 3 RBs active for games so Rojo is going to have to beat out either Wilson or Quizz barring injury if he's going to get a helmet.
DreadNaught

Postby MJW » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:22 am

The Steelers secondary is NOT good. If our line - especially our interior line - can give Fitz time, there's no reason in particular *this* will be the week he falls apart.

I'm much more worried about all the weapons the Steelers can throw out there on offense. Our young corners are going to have their hands full no matter who they're covering.
MJW

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:04 am

Center Ryan Jensen has been a late additon to the injury report and is listed as "questionable" for tonight.

If he can't go I expect Evan Smith to play Center and Cappa could be active as the back-up swing Guard
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:07 am

DreadNaught wrote:Center Ryan Jensen has been a late additon to the injury report and is listed as "questionable" for tonight.

If he can't go I expect Evan Smith to play Center and Cappa could be active as the back-up swing Guard

I'm kinda waiting for Cappa to lock down that Right Guard spot.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:29 am

DreadNaught wrote:Center Ryan Jensen has been a late additon to the injury report and is listed as "questionable" for tonight.

The flu.
Bootz2004

Postby Super K » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:31 am

Give Jensen some theraflu and get his ass in there ...
Super K

Postby MJW » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:35 am

Jensen would be a huge loss. Watch the GB game last year again. Smith is trash at this point.
MJW

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:36 am

There ya go. Now R Jones can run it five times for one yard!
mdb1958

Postby Horse Liver » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:52 am

Patrick McIrish wrote:Admin - can we get this same thread for LEGENDS and the other 2% that are long term contributors?

I mean it's great to read through all the CF nonsense, Kenda and Moon arguing over which punter has the best package and so on.....

But can the big boys play alone? Makes it easy for myself and other leaders of the game to find the more in-depth comments about what is going on.

PM me, thanks.

Pudrick -- the only one that believes your BS is you.
Horse Liver

Postby Buccs99 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:27 pm

i mean, a face like this needs to be on the field today.
Buccs99

Postby BacksidePursuit » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:33 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:Admin - can we get this same thread for LEGENDS and the other 2% that are long term contributors?

PM me, thanks.

The word ‘cringe’ is tossed around a lot these days. But....
BacksidePursuit

Next

Return to Team Discussions