Steelers listening to offers for bell

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Steelers listening to offers for bell

Postby terrytate » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:54 pm

What motivation does Bell have to play for any team that would trade for him. At this point, the holdout is about limiting exposure to injury risk. He could have simply played, made his money and gone into FA with his rep intact. If the team who trades for him can't give him that long term deal, why would expose himself to that risk for less money?

At this point, I think Bell is all in on his holdout and no trade will happen.
terrytate

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:32 am

The Earl Thomas injury completely vindicated Bell. Don’t play if you are unhappy with your contract. Sharp move by him.
Ken Carson

Postby MJW » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:36 am

Ken Carson wrote:The Earl Thomas injury completely vindicated Bell. Don’t play if you are unhappy with your contract. Sharp move by him.

Yep. Use the leverage you have, while you have it.
MJW

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:47 am

terrytate wrote:What motivation does Bell have to play for any team that would trade for him. At this point, the holdout is about limiting exposure to injury risk. He could have simply played, made his money and gone into FA with his rep intact. If the team who trades for him can't give him that long term deal, why would expose himself to that risk for less money?

At this point, I think Bell is all in on his holdout and no trade will happen.

Yup, which is why the Steelers aren't going to get any value for him in a trade. He'll report when he has to (week 10 so 2018 counts as an "accrued season" for Free Agency) and even then he will be 100% about staying healthy instead of the success of whatever team he has to play for in 2018. If he's on the Steelers still and they somehow make the playoffs I don't think it's a guarantee Bell plays in those games.
DreadNaught

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:00 am

I fully expect Bell to go full Kawhi Leonard and just never feel healthy enough to play. And I support him.
Ken Carson

Previous

Return to Team Discussions