Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby Cheb » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:11 am

I loved his film coming out of college. He's still young and he would add instant depth at tackle, and probably push for starter's reps. Let him and Dotson slug it out for left tackle, the loser goes to the right side, with Pamphile being the swing guy.

Thoughts?
Image
Cheb
 
Posts: 3833
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Location: West Coast is best coast
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 329 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby tampabay4eva » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:14 am

He's a *****.
tampabay4eva
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:03 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:18 am

Sign him.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 23153
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 494 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby StillCSG » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:19 am

Cheb wrote:I loved his film coming out of college. He's still young and he would add instant depth at tackle, and probably push for starter's reps. Let him and Dotson slug it out for left tackle, the loser goes to the right side, with Pamphile being the swing guy.

Thoughts?


Jameis Winston really would **** his sister
Image
User avatar
StillCSG
 
Posts: 4152
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:54 am
Location: My House
Has thanked: 711 times
Been thanked: 83 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby deltbucs » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:25 am

tampabay4eva wrote:He's a *****.

That and I don't trust him. He's a problem in the locker room.
Image
deltbucs
 
Posts: 5007
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:28 pm
Has thanked: 214 times
Been thanked: 301 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby NYBF » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:28 am

Cheb wrote:I loved his film coming out of college. He's still young and he would add instant depth at tackle, and probably push for starter's reps. Let him and Dotson slug it out for left tackle, the loser goes to the right side, with Pamphile being the swing guy.

Thoughts?


He's not "slugging it out" with anyone. First time practice doesn't go well he's on the phone crying to his mom. No thanks.
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 5889
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 484 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:30 am

Cheb wrote:I loved his film coming out of college. He's still young and he would add instant depth at tackle, and probably push for starter's reps. Let him and Dotson slug it out for left tackle, the loser goes to the right side, with Pamphile being the swing guy.

Thoughts?


49ers released him even when rosters are expanded to 90 just 1 year after trading a pick to get him. It wasn't a salary cap move either since he was making less than 1m/yr.

He has consistently graded out as one of the worst OT in the NFL according to PFF.

I understand that we don't have much at OT, so I see your point. But I'd pass and take my chances in the draft or FA.

Also remember in addition to getting the #1 overall pick, our 2-14 record last also provides us the #1 waiver claim for all players released until week 6 of the regular season.

Plus Martin is a bitch ass mofo...
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 12615
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 523 times
Been thanked: 541 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:25 pm

Carolina Panthers ‏@Panthers 3m3 minutes ago
The #Panthers have claimed OT Jonathan Martin off waivers.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 12615
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 523 times
Been thanked: 541 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby Watchout4Bucs » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:30 pm

That took long. Must suck.
Watchout4Bucs
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:54 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby NYBF » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:40 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Carolina Panthers ‏@Panthers 3m3 minutes ago
The #Panthers have claimed OT Jonathan Martin off waivers.


Gerald McCoy is too nice a guy to talk **** to him all game. This is where we could have used someone like a Greg Hardy. Just chirping all game at him about his mom and his sister.
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 5889
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 484 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:41 pm

Watchout4Bucs wrote:That took long. Must suck.


90 man rosters, doesn't take much to catch on somewhere.

A first contract player being released this time year indicates he does suck..
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 12615
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 523 times
Been thanked: 541 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby EastBayBucsFan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:44 pm

We need lineman with some dog in 'em, not one that's gonna quit when someone hurts his feelings.
Image

Yes there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on
User avatar
EastBayBucsFan
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:41 pm
Location: my shangri la beneath the summer moon
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby Nano » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:58 pm

EastBayBucsFan wrote:We need lineman with some dog in 'em, not one that's gonna quit when someone hurts his feelings.

We need a team that doesn't quit period
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 7406
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 255 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby Seamen » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:44 pm

At least the Panthers realize a weakness and are trying their best to accumulate players that can fill their need, let them battle it out and whoever still sucks they can cut them. What are we doing? Praying to the football gods the draft will unfold the way we want it to..
Seamen
 
Posts: 2725
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:02 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby Dutchman » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:29 pm

If the Bucs sign Incognito, I'm all for it. No way to Martin. Dude isn't tough enough for the NFL.
Image
User avatar
Dutchman
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:44 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby Nano » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:30 pm

Incognito was already signed by the Bills
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 7406
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 255 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby Cheb » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:16 pm

Seamen wrote:At least the Panthers realize a weakness and are trying their best to accumulate players that can fill their need, let them battle it out and whoever still sucks they can cut them. What are we doing? Praying to the football gods the draft will unfold the way we want it to..


Absolutely agree. I don't understand this front office sometimes.

It's like last season, where we had a gaping hole at right guard all season, and didn't address it a serious way in either the draft or free agency.

It's like no one in power at One Buc remembers watching our offense last season.
Image
Cheb
 
Posts: 3833
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Location: West Coast is best coast
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 329 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby Commander Bubbles » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:52 pm

tampabay4eva wrote:He's a *****.


This.
User avatar
Commander Bubbles
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:27 am
Has thanked: 201 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby Nano » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:13 pm

Cheb wrote:
Absolutely agree. I don't understand this front office sometimes.

It's like last season, where we had a gaping hole at right guard all season, and didn't address it a serious way in either the draft or free agency.

It's like no one in power at One Buc remembers watching our offense last season.

It's pretty obvious this FO has no idea what they're doing, nor what direction they plan to go in. That, coupled with our abysmal coaching staff, puts the Bucs in a bad situation going forward.
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 7406
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 255 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby Seamen » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:17 pm

Yup. Just not looking forward to the draft since knowing how we do things we'll swing and miss on a olinemen, have an injury to a starter, then have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING behind them, and it'll be last year all over again.
Seamen
 
Posts: 2725
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:02 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby Dutchman » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:26 pm

Nano wrote:Incognito was already signed by the Bills


The Bucs are retards. Another baller they let get away.
Image
User avatar
Dutchman
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:44 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby terrytate » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:04 pm

Seamen wrote:Yup. Just not looking forward to the draft since knowing how we do things we'll swing and miss on a olinemen, have an injury to a starter, then have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING behind them, and it'll be last year all over again.



WHile I agree, I don't think signing Martin would have done anything about it. I only know two things about Jonathan Martin. He is bad at football and when he got bullied he called his mom.
User avatar
terrytate
 
Posts: 2305
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:49 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 100 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby MJW » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:17 pm

Interestingly, if he's the only LT they bring in (I don't consider Michael Oher to be one), he'll be a HUGE upgrade from what the Kitties had last year. Byron Bell was the worst left tackle in the NFL by a wide margin according to PFF last year. How bad was he? Anthony Collins scored a horrid -12.9 grade. Byron Bell? -33.4 grade. So if Jonathan Martin can be better than the worst LT in the NFL, he'll improve them greatly. Though I do expect them to use that first pick on the position.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8631
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 195 times
Been thanked: 378 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby NYBF » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:47 pm

terrytate wrote:
Seamen wrote:Yup. Just not looking forward to the draft since knowing how we do things we'll swing and miss on a olinemen, have an injury to a starter, then have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING behind them, and it'll be last year all over again.



WHile I agree, I don't think signing Martin would have done anything about it. I only know two things about Jonathan Martin. He is bad at football and when he got bullied he called his mom.


"Bullied"
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 5889
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 484 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby NYBF » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:34 pm

And he retires. Guess the idea of facing Incognito in Preseason Week 1 was just too much for him.
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 5889
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 484 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:40 pm

What a waste....
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 12615
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 523 times
Been thanked: 541 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby MJW » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:11 am

The Panthers are trotting out Michael Oher, who looked terrible at RIGHT tackle last year, as their left tackle, and Mike Remmers, who wasn't good enough to get off our practice squad a couple years ago, as their right tackle.

I love Shaq Thompson and like Devin Funchess, but not drafting a tackle with either of those picks (or last year) is going to get Cammy Cam murdered.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8631
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 195 times
Been thanked: 378 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby TommyNoleBuc » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:08 am

NYBF wrote:And he retires. Guess the idea of facing Incognito in Preseason Week 1 was just too much for him.


He retired claiming he "needed back surgery and didn't want to play anymore". How could a spineless wimp like him need back surgery? LOL
User avatar
TommyNoleBuc
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:35 am
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:54 pm

So apparently our boy Jonathan Martin has posted some pretty disturbing things on his IG account. This allegedly got the High School he tagged shut down for security reasons, although I don't know to be a fact at this point.

Hopefully this guy gets the help he needs. He needs his firearms taken away imo. This is an example of behavioral signs we should be watching out for and taking action on as it relates to mental health and possessing firearms. Just like you can't yell "FIRE" in a movie theater and expect 1A protection, this type of stuff shouldn't be protected either. Not saying he should arrested or anything that dramatic. But LE should interview him and take away his firearms until cleared by a medical professional.

Time for Richie to go Incognito (sorry, couldn't help myself)

Image
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 12615
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 523 times
Been thanked: 541 times

Re: Jonathan Martin Released by 49ers

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:19 pm

DreadNaught wrote:So apparently our boy Jonathan Martin has posted some pretty disturbing things on his IG account. This allegedly got the High School he tagged shut down for security reasons, although I don't know to be a fact at this point.

Hopefully this guy gets the help he needs. He needs his firearms taken away imo. This is an example of behavioral signs we should be watching out for and taking action on as it relates to mental health and possessing firearms. Just like you can't yell "FIRE" in a movie theater and expect 1A protection, this type of stuff shouldn't be protected either. Not saying he should arrested or anything that dramatic. But LE should interview him and take away his firearms until cleared by a medical professional.

Time for Richie to go Incognito (sorry, couldn't help myself)

Image


jeeeeeesus what a ****ing moron.

Sure, you were bullied. That sucks big time. You're a millionaire... go seek professional help... don't encourage kids to commit mass murder... ****ing wacko
User avatar
beardmcdoug
 
Posts: 3006
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 pm
Has thanked: 360 times
Been thanked: 236 times

Next

post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: .irishHITMAN4rent, Majestic-12 [Bot], real bucs fan, Sammich, VauntedTampa2 and 25 guests