***2018 Official NFL Season Thread***

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: ***2018 Official NFL Season Thread***

Postby Teitan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:39 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Seattle: Foo fighters

Dave Grohl is from Ohio. Grew up in Virginia
Teitan

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:41 am

Buc2 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Been saying it for years, but Foo Fighters would be an awesome halftime show.

Oh, absolutely! Green Day or Red Hot Chili Peppers would make for a good halftime show as well, imo.

This totally , have both even
Jason Bourne

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:47 am

Teitan wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Seattle: Foo fighters

Dave Grohl is from Ohio. Grew up in Virginia

The band itself formed in Seattle.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby nhbucsfan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:57 am

A few years ago the NFL tried to get the halftime talent to PAY for the chance to play and get extra exposure. Sounds like they got shot down on that request.
nhbucsfan

Postby NYBF » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:30 am

nhbucsfan wrote:A few years ago the NFL tried to get the halftime talent to PAY for the chance to play and get extra exposure. Sounds like they got shot down on that request.

What a stupid idea. How the hell would a band that needs exposure have the money to pay for that?
NYBF

Postby UbuntuBuc » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:45 am

nhbucsfan wrote:A few years ago the NFL tried to get the halftime talent to PAY for the chance to play and get extra exposure. Sounds like they got shot down on that request.

That was a dumb idea.
UbuntuBuc

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:53 pm

Some interesting tidbits from the new Belichick book by Ian O'Conner I heard on the Dan Patrick Show:

-Some of the Patriots current and former assistants don't believe Tom Brady is as good as the media thinks. They think if any of the top 15 QBs in the NFL were in their system they wouldn't miss a beat.

-If it weren't for Kraft, Bill would have already parted ways from Brady. (we knew this)

-Tom is sick of Bill and thought about retiring this offseason. He acknowledges Bill is the best coach of all time, but he's sick of him never paying compliments and always being grumpy.

-Bill treated Saban like all other coaches. If Saban was too excited about a play working in practice, Bill intentionally wouldn't run it to show Saban that he controls the team.

- Bill did not believe Tom's story about deflating footballs and thinks Tom cheated. Bill almost said this in his first interview regarding the subject.

-Urban Meyer told Bill NOT to draft Hernandez. He said he schemes the drug test and teaches to do so and is a pathological liar.
uscbucsfan

Postby Phantom Phenom » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:39 pm

Browns favored vs. Jets; ends 18-game home underdog streak
Phantom Phenom

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:49 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:Browns favored vs. Jets; ends 18-game home underdog streak

It’s gonna be fun watching the Browns , they have a lot of talent and will win tonight
Jason Bourne

Postby Teitan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:51 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
Phantom Phenom wrote:Browns favored vs. Jets; ends 18-game home underdog streak

It’s gonna be fun watching the Browns , they have a lot of talent and will win tonight

I’m gonna go Jets. But won’t be surprised either way.
Teitan

Postby Super K » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:27 am

Who are we rooting for today...'Aints or Fal-goons?

Fuckin hate'em both...
Super K

Postby Buc2 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:34 am

Nice piece on Booger McFarland's rise to MNF analyst.
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/2018 ... -football/
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Phantom Phenom » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:42 am

Patriots nearly traded Rob Gronkowski to Lions in April

face the Detroit Lions on Sunday night, but he could have been playing for them instead.

The Patriots and Lions were deep into trade discussions last offseason that peaked during the week of the draft, when the teams nearly completed a blockbuster trade involving Gronkowski, league sources tell ESPN.

When Gronkowski discovered he could be traded to Detroit that week, he threatened to retire rather than go to the Lions, according to sources. Gronkowski even declined to return the Lions' calls, according to sources.

It wasn't that Gronkowski didn't want to play in Detroit; he didn't want to play anywhere other than New England, according to sources. The Patriots had been discussing a trade with a few teams, and Gronkowski wouldn't have reported to any of them, sources said.

Gronkowski wanted to play in New England, with Tom Brady, or nowhere at all.

It was at that point that Gronkowski and Patriots officials met, with the two sides discussing a plan for the Pro Bowl tight end to continue playing -- but only in New England. The Patriots then called off any proposed trade with the Lions, leaving Detroit disappointed.

The story had a happy ending for Gronkowski and the Patriots, who agreed to a reworked contract in the summer that added $4.3 million in incentives for the 2018 season. He can earn $1 million in per-game roster bonuses, plus a maximum of $3.3 million by hitting three of the following four incentives: 70 or more catches, 1,085 receiving yards, 80 percent playing time or nine or more touchdown catches.

By structuring the deal in this manner, Gronkowski's salary-cap charge for 2018 won't be dramatically affected, as the $3.3 million in incentives won't increase the charge. This marks the second consecutive year that the Patriots have added incentives to Gronkowski's contract.

Gronkowski, 29, has nine catches for 138 yards and a touchdown in the Patriots' first two games this season. He was removed from New England's injury report Friday after being limited in Wednesday's practice because of an ankle injury.
Phantom Phenom

Postby Four Verticals » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:00 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Been saying it for years, but Foo Fighters would be an awesome halftime show.

But they aren't from Atlanta.

Apparently there is this new talking point in 2018 that the SB halftime headliner should be from the host city. I don't recall that ever mattering before.

Which is why the NFL has chosen a group from California.
Four Verticals

Postby Nano » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:28 pm

Former Raiders LB Neiron Ball is in a medically induced coma after a brain aneurysm. So far he's been unresponsive to stimuli.
Nano

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:59 pm

Nano wrote:Former Raiders LB Neiron Ball is in a medically induced coma after a brain aneurysm. So far he's been unresponsive to stimuli.

I saw mom's MRIs after she suffered the same.

His brain is mush. He's gone.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby MJW » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:46 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Nano wrote:Former Raiders LB Neiron Ball is in a medically induced coma after a brain aneurysm. So far he's been unresponsive to stimuli.

I saw mom's MRIs after she suffered the same.

That poor soul.
MJW

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:03 pm

MJW wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:I saw mom's MRIs after she suffered the same.

That poor soul.

I don't even remember this player, but if his aneurysm was like mom's he didn't feel a thing. Blackout.

Hopefully thats a comfort to his family. Mom layed in ICU on life support for three weeks before I had to pull the plug.

Mom died while we kicked the **** out of the Seahawks in 16. Got the call in the 3rd quarter.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby MJW » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:09 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
MJW wrote:
That poor soul.

I don't even remember this player, but if his aneurysm was like mom's he didn't feel a thing. Blackout.

Hopefully thats a comfort to his family. Mom layed in ICU on life support for three weeks before I had to pull the plug.

Mom died while we kicked the **** out of the Seahawks in 16. Got the call in the 3rd quarter.

Sorry, MB. That's a terrible story. I was always very thankful my dad had a four tire cardiac blowout. I didn't have to deal with that. I'm glad she didn't suffer, and I certainly hope this young man isn't either if indeed there's no hope.
MJW

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:13 pm

MJW wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:I don't even remember this player, but if his aneurysm was like mom's he didn't feel a thing. Blackout.

Sorry, MB. That's a terrible story. I was always very thankful my dad had a four tire cardiac blowout. I didn't have to deal with that. I'm glad she didn't suffer, and I certainly hope this young man isn't either if indeed there's no hope.

Its truly one of those "empty shell" things. She opened her eyes a couple of times and squeezed my hand a lot, but it was all mechanics. Who she was was already gone. Best evidence I've seen for the concept of a soul.

Thank you. I remember when your dad passed. I didn't understand back then, but I do now.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby MJW » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:48 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
MJW wrote:

Its truly one of those "empty shell" things. She opened her eyes a couple of times and squeezed my hand a lot, but it was all mechanics. Who she was was already gone. Best evidence I've seen for the concept of a soul.

Thank you. I remember when your dad passed. I didn't understand back then, but I do now.

You know what's been nice?

At first, every thought brings you pain.

Then, you spend five minutes of every day hurting.

Then, one day, you can that same five minutes thinking about them and smiling. The random time I spend thinking about my dad now is the highlight of my day. I hope it's the same for you.
MJW

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:02 am

MJW wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Its truly one of those "empty shell" things. She opened her eyes a couple of times and squeezed my hand a lot, but it was all mechanics. Who she was was already gone. Best evidence I've seen for the concept of a soul.

Then, one day, you can that same five minutes thinking about them and smiling. The random time I spend thinking about my dad now is the highlight of my day. I hope it's the same for you.

That's a great way to describe it. Very true.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby PetePierson » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:43 am

I'm not a fan of Skip or Shannon Sharpe on FS1 but James Harrison is really good on TV. I've said it previoisly, but dude looks like he could still pad up, tomorrow.
PetePierson

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:52 am

DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:53 am

Former Gator. Sad stuff.
DreadNaught

Postby Deuce » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:59 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
MJW wrote:

That's a great way to describe it. Very true.

My boss' dad passed away recently. I felt bad and wanted to actually write something in the card, I'm usually a "sign my name" and be done guy. I asked my gf and she said to write, "Let the good times with your dad get you through this tough one." I thought it was really good. Sounds a lot like what you guys are saying.
Deuce

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:01 am

DreadNaught wrote:Image

In Dak’s defense I remember a time where people would say about Jameis “well look who he has to throw to besides Evans”. Dak doesn’t even have an Evans....
Bootz2004

Postby Cheb » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:05 am

PetePierson wrote:I'm not a fan of Skip or Shannon Sharpe on FS1 but James Harrison is really good on TV. I've said it previoisly, but dude looks like he could still pad up, tomorrow.

I would say that he offers not much as a talking head, but he seems to have mellowed out over the years. That's encouraging to see.

When I knew him, he was a complete piece of ****. Then again, getting off of PEDs tends to mellow a person out.
Cheb

Postby PetePierson » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:14 am

Cheb wrote:I would say that he offers not much as a talking head, but he seems to have mellowed out over the years. That's encouraging to see.

When I knew him, he was a complete piece of ****. Then again, getting off of PEDs tends to mellow a person out.

I don't think he is the greatest "analyst" but enjoy his insight into the locker room & how players really feel.

I never pegged him as a PED guy, actually. Just seems like a workout warrior. But, one never knows.
PetePierson

Postby Deja Entendu » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:19 am

Cheb wrote:
PetePierson wrote:I'm not a fan of Skip or Shannon Sharpe on FS1 but James Harrison is really good on TV. I've said it previoisly, but dude looks like he could still pad up, tomorrow.

I would say that he offers not much as a talking head, but he seems to have mellowed out over the years. That's encouraging to see.

He's getting buzz now for saying if he were Bell he'd sign at the deadline, and then fake an injury come game day.
Deja Entendu

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions