Who do, and When it be?

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Who do, and When it be?

Postby Kress » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:42 am

Outside of the QB clusterqueef, the biggest thing that the pundits seem to be talking about is the fact that we haven't had a 10 sack guy since Simeon. In 2005. That's 13 years.

So, looking at what we have so far, what do you think?

Will it happen this year? If so, who and when? If not, how many more years do you think the drought will last?

Go ahead, pick and name, game, and/or season. The closest wins a prize to be selected by me. (If you would like to pitch in for the prize, feel free to send me what you can afford. Thanks.)
Image
User avatar
Kress
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:26 pm
Has thanked: 131 times
Been thanked: 254 times

Re: Who do, and When it be?

Postby Kress » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:45 am

My pick is that somebody does do it this year, just because I feel like betting on something good happening, and looking at this roster I only see one legitimate possibility. By all accounts he's come into camp on fire, and with a legit line around him I'm down with JPP. Week 14 (game 13), at home against the pass-happy Saints.
Image
User avatar
Kress
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:26 pm
Has thanked: 131 times
Been thanked: 254 times

Re: Who do, and When it be?

Postby acmillis » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:51 am

I like JPP to get to 10.5 this year in week 16.
acmillis
 
Posts: 1378
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:05 pm
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Who do, and When it be?

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:00 am

McCoy in week 15.

Gmac has been a perennial 7-8 sack guy while playing with NO help along the Dline (thus getting double teamed every snap) for a team that rarely has 4th quarter leads when premier pass rushers pad their sack totals.

With JPP and the help at DT w/ Allen/Vea I think McCoy will see alot more single blocks than ever before in his pro career. There are not many Guards in the NFL that can hold up vs McCoy 1v1.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13535
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 550 times
Been thanked: 587 times

Re: Who do, and When it be?

Postby The Outsider » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:03 am

Image
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 4607
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 254 times

Re: Who do, and When it be?

Postby Kress » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:11 am

The Outsider wrote:Image



Work web blocker denied. Lemme guess...... A JPP/Happy Gilmore meme of some sort?
Image
User avatar
Kress
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:26 pm
Has thanked: 131 times
Been thanked: 254 times

Re: Who do, and When it be?

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:26 am

Umm .. yes - JPP - game #12.

15 sacks total, mark it down
Jason Bourne
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Clearwater
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: Who do, and When it be?

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:53 am

The Outsider wrote:Image


lmao came here to post my answer in this form
User avatar
beardmcdoug
 
Posts: 3312
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 pm
Has thanked: 405 times
Been thanked: 267 times

Re: Who do, and When it be?

Postby ComingThisFall » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:32 pm

Noah Spence week 16
Image
ComingThisFall
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:54 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Who do, and When it be?

Postby The Outsider » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:52 pm

Kress wrote:
The Outsider wrote:Image



Work web blocker denied. Lemme guess...... A JPP/Happy Gilmore meme of some sort?


A picture of Oscar Gamble's great quote, "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 4607
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 254 times

Re: Who do, and When it be?

Postby Super K » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:59 pm

DreadNaught wrote:McCoy in week 15.

Gmac has been a perennial 7-8 sack guy while playing with NO help along the Dline (thus getting double teamed every snap) for a team that rarely has 4th quarter leads when premier pass rushers pad their sack totals.

With JPP and the help at DT w/ Allen/Vea I think McCoy will see alot more single blocks than ever before in his pro career. There are not many Guards in the NFL that can hold up vs McCoy 1v1.


EXCELLENT call here...

I'll say Gmac in week 12...Yes, that'd be a monster start to the season, but I didn't wanna "Price is Right" you, especially because I did ya dirty in LOW...
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: Who do, and When it be?

Postby Konatown » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:08 pm

Noah Spence bounces back and gets to 10 sacks by week 13.
Konatown
 
Posts: 1267
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Who do, and When it be?

Postby Bucsgirl-DK » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:30 am

JPP in game 15. Looking good so far in camp.
Bucsgirl-DK
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:24 pm
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Who do, and When it be?

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:51 am

Kwon week 7
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10124
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 96 times

Re: Who do, and When it be?

Postby Agent Orange » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:27 am

DreadNaught wrote:McCoy in week 15.

Gmac has been a perennial 7-8 sack guy while playing with NO help along the Dline (thus getting double teamed every snap) for a team that rarely has 4th quarter leads when premier pass rushers pad their sack totals.

With JPP and the help at DT w/ Allen/Vea I think McCoy will see alot more single blocks than ever before in his pro career. There are not many Guards in the NFL that can hold up vs McCoy 1v1.


Oh come on man. Year in and year out we have brought in the help for McCoy. It's time for you to realize that he's just not that good. He will never be the 10 sack guy you were hoping for. When JPP breaks 10 it is not due to McCoy, it is due to JPP. Give it up already!
Agent Orange
 
Posts: 697
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:10 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Who do, and When it be?

Postby Stuart » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:35 am

no knock on JPP, but we never have any luck with FA guys.

I'll take the guy playing across from him. I think it's gholston who breaks out
Stuart
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 12:10 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Who do, and When it be?

Postby Deuce » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:04 am

mdb1958 wrote:Kwon week 7


Stuart wrote:no knock on JPP, but we never have any luck with FA guys.

I'll take the guy playing across from him. I think it's gholston who breaks out


If you had never read another one from these guys, these two posts would tell you all that you need to know.

EDIT: Also, I looked up Gholston and it's his birthday today lol
User avatar
Deuce
 
Posts: 1536
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Who do, and When it be?

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:29 am

Agent Orange wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:McCoy in week 15.

Gmac has been a perennial 7-8 sack guy while playing with NO help along the Dline (thus getting double teamed every snap) for a team that rarely has 4th quarter leads when premier pass rushers pad their sack totals.

With JPP and the help at DT w/ Allen/Vea I think McCoy will see alot more single blocks than ever before in his pro career. There are not many Guards in the NFL that can hold up vs McCoy 1v1.


Oh come on man. Year in and year out we have brought in the help for McCoy. It's time for you to realize that he's just not that good. He will never be the 10 sack guy you were hoping for. When JPP breaks 10 it is not due to McCoy, it is due to JPP. Give it up already!


I realize you're the notorious G-mac hater ever since he was drafted. I commend you for your consistency atleast. I still remember some of your great takes like "Lamar Houston would be better than McCoy".

In McCoy's entire 9 year Bucs career please name the top 5 Dlinemen the team has surrounded him with prior to this season?

Now compare that list with the the group of Dline we added this offseason.

We agree JPP is a good player.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13535
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 550 times
Been thanked: 587 times

Re: Who do, and When it be?

Postby Super K » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:37 am

Deuce wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:Kwon week 7


Stuart wrote:no knock on JPP, but we never have any luck with FA guys.

I'll take the guy playing across from him. I think it's gholston who breaks out


If you had never read another one from these guys, these two posts would tell you all that you need to know.

EDIT: Also, I looked up Gholston and it's his birthday today lol


Made me laugh....
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: Who do, and When it be?

Postby Kress » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:44 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
Oh come on man. Year in and year out we have brought in the help for McCoy. It's time for you to realize that he's just not that good. He will never be the 10 sack guy you were hoping for. When JPP breaks 10 it is not due to McCoy, it is due to JPP. Give it up already!


I realize you're the notorious G-mac hater ever since he was drafted. I commend you for your consistency atleast. I still remember some of your great takes like "Lamar Houston would be better than McCoy".

In McCoy's entire 9 year Bucs career please name the top 5 Dlinemen the team has surrounded him with prior to this season?

Now compare that list with the the group of Dline we added this offseason.

We agree JPP is a good player.



I also curious as to how a defensive tackle not getting 10 sacks equates to a defensive tackle not being good.

In completely unrelated news, I was just browsing stats and found this: Did you know that Lawrence Taylor never led the league in interceptions? NOT ONCE! Blew my mind.
Image
User avatar
Kress
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:26 pm
Has thanked: 131 times
Been thanked: 254 times

Re: Who do, and When it be?

Postby Jason Bourne » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:53 am

Kress wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
I realize you're the notorious G-mac hater ever since he was drafted. I commend you for your consistency atleast. I still remember some of your great takes like "Lamar Houston would be better than McCoy".

In McCoy's entire 9 year Bucs career please name the top 5 Dlinemen the team has surrounded him with prior to this season?

Now compare that list with the the group of Dline we added this offseason.

We agree JPP is a good player.



I also curious as to how a defensive tackle not getting 10 sacks equates to a defensive tackle not being good.

In completely unrelated news, I was just browsing stats and found this: Did you know that Lawrence Taylor never led the league in interceptions? NOT ONCE! Blew my mind.



Ok, captain Obvious here...DT's dont normally get 10+ sacks a year.
Jason Bourne
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Clearwater
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: Who do, and When it be?

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:02 pm

I'm gonna say Spence because I think he has that potential, looks to be 100%, and appears on track to be the designated edge rusher for us on obvious passing downs-

But obviously McCoy and JPP are the best bets, but I think both will be around 8 sacks or so.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 8594
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 960 times
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: Who do, and When it be?

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:07 pm

real bucs fan wrote:I'm gonna say Spence because I think he has that potential, looks to be 100%, and appears on track to be the designated edge rusher for us on obvious passing downs-

But obviously McCoy and JPP are the best bets, but I think both will be around 8 sacks or so.


Can you just imaging getting 16 sacks out of just 2 defensive linemen? I was curious when that last happened on a Bucs defense. I had to go back to the 2005 season (12 seasons ago) when we got 17 sacks out of just 2 DLmen (Simeon Rice with 14 / Dewayne White with 3).

Year (DC) = Total Sacks
2 Players with Most

2017 (Mike Smith) = 22 (most by 2 DLmen = 11.0)
Gerald McCoy = 6.0
Clinton McDonald = 5.0

2016 (Mike Smith) = 38 (most by 2 DLmen = 13.5)
Gerald McCoy = 7.0
Robert Ayers = 6.5

2015 (Leslie Frazier) = 38 (most by 2 DLmen = 15.5)
Gerald McCoy = 8.5
Jacquies Smith = 7.0

2014 (Leslie Frazier) = 36 (most by 2 DLmen = 15.0)
Gerald McCoy = 8.5
Jacquies Smith = 6.5

2013 (Bill Sheridan) = 35 (most by 2 DLmen = 15.0)
Gerald McCoy = 9.5
Adrian Clayborn = 5.5
* Lavonte David had 7.0 but doesn't count since he wasn't a DLman

2012 (Bill Sheridan) = 27 (most by 2 DLmen = 14.0)
Michael Bennett = 9.0
Gerald McCoy = 5.0

2011 (Raheem Morris) = 23 (most by 2 DLmen = 11.5)
Adrian Clayborn = 7.5
Michael Bennett = 4.0

2010 (Raheem Morris) = 26 (most by 2 DLmen = 7.5)
Stylez G. White = 4.5
t. Gerald McCoy = 3.0
t. Tim Crowder = 3.0

2009 (Jim Bates) = 28 (most by 2 DLmen = 12.5)
Stylez G. White = 6.5
Jimmy Wilkerson = 6.0

2008 (Monte Kiffin) = 29 (most by 2 DLmen = 11.5)
Gaines Adams = 6.5
t. Stylez G. White = 5.0
t. Jimmy Wilkerson = 5.0

2007 (Monte Kiffin) = 33 (most by 2 DLmen = 14.0)
Stylez G. White = 8.0
t. Jovan Haye = 6.0
t. Gaines Adams = 6.0

2006 (Monte Kiffin) = 25 (most by 2 DLmen = 10.0)
t. Greg Spires = 5.0
t. Dewayne White = 5.0
t. Ellis Wyms = 5.0

2005 (Monte Kiffin) = 36 (most by 2 DLmen = 17.0)
Simeon Rice = 14.0
Dewayne White = 3.0


Now compare the above to our SB season (2002)...
2002 (Monte Kiffin) = 43 (most by 2 DLmen = 23.0)
Simeon Rice = 15.5
Warren Sapp = 7.5
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 11985
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 983 times
Been thanked: 415 times

Re: Who do, and When it be?

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:32 pm

Buc2 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:I'm gonna say Spence because I think he has that potential, looks to be 100%, and appears on track to be the designated edge rusher for us on obvious passing downs-

But obviously McCoy and JPP are the best bets, but I think both will be around 8 sacks or so.


Can you just imaging getting 16 sacks out of just 2 defensive linemen? I was curious when that last happened on a Bucs defense. I had to go back to the 2005 season (12 seasons ago) when we got 17 sacks out of just 2 DLmen (Simeon Rice with 14 / Dewayne White with 3).

Year (DC) = Total Sacks
2 Players with Most

2017 (Mike Smith) = 22 (most by 2 DLmen = 11.0)
Gerald McCoy = 6.0
Clinton McDonald = 5.0

2016 (Mike Smith) = 38 (most by 2 DLmen = 13.5)
Gerald McCoy = 7.0
Robert Ayers = 6.5

2015 (Leslie Frazier) = 38 (most by 2 DLmen = 15.5)
Gerald McCoy = 8.5
Jacquies Smith = 7.0

2014 (Leslie Frazier) = 36 (most by 2 DLmen = 15.0)
Gerald McCoy = 8.5
Jacquies Smith = 6.5

2013 (Bill Sheridan) = 35 (most by 2 DLmen = 15.0)
Gerald McCoy = 9.5
Adrian Clayborn = 5.5
* Lavonte David had 7.0 but doesn't count since he wasn't a DLman

2012 (Bill Sheridan) = 27 (most by 2 DLmen = 14.0)
Michael Bennett = 9.0
Gerald McCoy = 5.0

2011 (Raheem Morris) = 23 (most by 2 DLmen = 11.5)
Adrian Clayborn = 7.5
Michael Bennett = 4.0

2010 (Raheem Morris) = 26 (most by 2 DLmen = 7.5)
Stylez G. White = 4.5
t. Gerald McCoy = 3.0
t. Tim Crowder = 3.0

2009 (Jim Bates) = 28 (most by 2 DLmen = 12.5)
Stylez G. White = 6.5
Jimmy Wilkerson = 6.0

2008 (Monte Kiffin) = 29 (most by 2 DLmen = 11.5)
Gaines Adams = 6.5
t. Stylez G. White = 5.0
t. Jimmy Wilkerson = 5.0

2007 (Monte Kiffin) = 33 (most by 2 DLmen = 14.0)
Stylez G. White = 8.0
t. Jovan Haye = 6.0
t. Gaines Adams = 6.0

2006 (Monte Kiffin) = 25 (most by 2 DLmen = 10.0)
t. Greg Spires = 5.0
t. Dewayne White = 5.0
t. Ellis Wyms = 5.0

2005 (Monte Kiffin) = 36 (most by 2 DLmen = 17.0)
Simeon Rice = 14.0
Dewayne White = 3.0


Now compare the above to our SB season (2002)...
2002 (Monte Kiffin) = 43 (most by 2 DLmen = 23.0)
Simeon Rice = 15.5
Warren Sapp = 7.5

I think 8 sacks each is reasonable if both stay healthy- though McCoy usually misses a couple games at least per year.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 8594
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 960 times
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: Who do, and When it be?

Postby Deuce » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:32 pm

Buc2 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:I'm gonna say Spence because I think he has that potential, looks to be 100%, and appears on track to be the designated edge rusher for us on obvious passing downs-

But obviously McCoy and JPP are the best bets, but I think both will be around 8 sacks or so.


Can you just imaging getting 16 sacks out of just 2 defensive linemen? I was curious when that last happened on a Bucs defense. I had to go back to the 2005 season (12 seasons ago) when we got 17 sacks out of just 2 DLmen (Simeon Rice with 14 / Dewayne White with 3).

Year (DC) = Total Sacks
2 Players with Most

2017 (Mike Smith) = 22 (most by 2 DLmen = 11.0)
Gerald McCoy = 6.0
Clinton McDonald = 5.0

2016 (Mike Smith) = 38 (most by 2 DLmen = 13.5)
Gerald McCoy = 7.0
Robert Ayers = 6.5

2015 (Leslie Frazier) = 38 (most by 2 DLmen = 15.5)
Gerald McCoy = 8.5
Jacquies Smith = 7.0

2014 (Leslie Frazier) = 36 (most by 2 DLmen = 15.0)
Gerald McCoy = 8.5
Jacquies Smith = 6.5

2013 (Bill Sheridan) = 35 (most by 2 DLmen = 15.0)
Gerald McCoy = 9.5
Adrian Clayborn = 5.5
* Lavonte David had 7.0 but doesn't count since he wasn't a DLman

2012 (Bill Sheridan) = 27 (most by 2 DLmen = 14.0)
Michael Bennett = 9.0
Gerald McCoy = 5.0

2011 (Raheem Morris) = 23 (most by 2 DLmen = 11.5)
Adrian Clayborn = 7.5
Michael Bennett = 4.0

2010 (Raheem Morris) = 26 (most by 2 DLmen = 7.5)
Stylez G. White = 4.5
t. Gerald McCoy = 3.0
t. Tim Crowder = 3.0

2009 (Jim Bates) = 28 (most by 2 DLmen = 12.5)
Stylez G. White = 6.5
Jimmy Wilkerson = 6.0

2008 (Monte Kiffin) = 29 (most by 2 DLmen = 11.5)
Gaines Adams = 6.5
t. Stylez G. White = 5.0
t. Jimmy Wilkerson = 5.0

2007 (Monte Kiffin) = 33 (most by 2 DLmen = 14.0)
Stylez G. White = 8.0
t. Jovan Haye = 6.0
t. Gaines Adams = 6.0

2006 (Monte Kiffin) = 25 (most by 2 DLmen = 10.0)
t. Greg Spires = 5.0
t. Dewayne White = 5.0
t. Ellis Wyms = 5.0

2005 (Monte Kiffin) = 36 (most by 2 DLmen = 17.0)
Simeon Rice = 14.0
Dewayne White = 3.0


Now compare the above to our SB season (2002)...
2002 (Monte Kiffin) = 43 (most by 2 DLmen = 23.0)
Simeon Rice = 15.5
Warren Sapp = 7.5


Your post had the opposite effect on me from what you intended, I think. If McCoy + Jac Smith, Ayers, or Clayborn can almost get us there, I think JPP + McCoy will for sure.
User avatar
Deuce
 
Posts: 1536
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Who do, and When it be?

Postby Buccs99 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:42 pm

nobody is going to crack 10 sacks this year. i just expect it to be spread out amongst many.
User avatar
Buccs99
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:04 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 13 times


post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Caradoc, Cheb, deltbucs, Mex-Buc, MikeC, Plunder, real bucs fan and 20 guests