2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:17 pm

mdb1958 wrote:Stevie T --------------------- waived.

Yep, no need to go after all those DT's I wanted.


We drafted the best DT in the entire draft in round 1. Plus we added two in FA w/ Allen and Unrein.

Add those 3 + McCoy makes 4, which is how many DTs 4-3 teams normally keep on the 53.

Any DT we would've drafted in later rounds may not have had a chance to make the team and we'd have to risk losing him when we stashed him on the PS.

It's obviously too early to tell, but day 3 guys we drafted seem to be doing ok thusfar and all have a chance to make the team imo.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13526
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 550 times
Been thanked: 587 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:28 pm

mdb1958 wrote:Stevie T --------------------- waived.

Yep, no need to go after all those DT's I wanted.


No instead we went for Vea, Allen & Unrein.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:31 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:Stevie T --------------------- waived.

Yep, no need to go after all those DT's I wanted.


We drafted the best DT in the entire draft in round 1. Plus we added two in FA w/ Allen and Unrein.

Add those 3 + McCoy makes 4, which is how many DTs 4-3 teams normally keep on the 53.

Any DT we would've drafted in later rounds may not have had a chance to make the team and we'd have to risk losing him when we stashed him on the PS.

It's obviously too early to tell, but day 3 guys we drafted seem to be doing ok thusfar and all have a chance to make the team imo.


That and I think Stevie T is injured again. I guess it sucks because he was a draft pick but it's not as if we didn't address the position at all this offseason. At best he would've been 5th on the depth chart and that would've taken a perfect TC and PA from him. And this is coming from someone who rooted for Stevie.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:32 pm

mdb1958 wrote:My guess, Martino, Reedy, and Watson for the fifth WR battle.


What about Sergio Bailey
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby Nano » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:59 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
We drafted the best DT in the entire draft in round 1. Plus we added two in FA w/ Allen and Unrein.

Add those 3 + McCoy makes 4, which is how many DTs 4-3 teams normally keep on the 53.

Any DT we would've drafted in later rounds may not have had a chance to make the team and we'd have to risk losing him when we stashed him on the PS.

It's obviously too early to tell, but day 3 guys we drafted seem to be doing ok thusfar and all have a chance to make the team imo.


That and I think Stevie T is injured again. I guess it sucks because he was a draft pick but it's not as if we didn't address the position at all this offseason. At best he would've been 5th on the depth chart and that would've taken a perfect TC and PA from him. And this is coming from someone who rooted for Stevie.

Yeah, he was waived/injured with a triceps injury and put on IR. Maybe he'll be back in camp next year...or not, he'll be 28 by then with nothing to show.
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 7839
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 270 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby Deuce » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:26 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:My guess, Martino, Reedy, and Watson for the fifth WR battle.


What about Sergio Bailey


I liked what I saw from him in the first game. I think he has an uphill battle, though. Seems like Martino and Reedy have been on the fringe here forever.

And are we counting Bobo out already? He seems to be our best return man right now.
User avatar
Deuce
 
Posts: 1536
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:05 pm

Bobo is still in the mix too. When you're talking about 5th WR spots special teams is often the deciding factor there.

Speaking of DTs, I can't wait to get Vita back so we can see what he can do on the field. I'm actually very intrigued and interested in seeing him lineup next to Beau Allen. That's 2 huge bodies inside moving people out of the way. We know what Gerald brings to the table but I wanna see Vita get his 1 on 1 opportunities.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby Super K » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:14 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:Bobo is still in the mix too. When you're talking about 5th WR spots special teams is often the deciding factor there.

Speaking of DTs, I can't wait to get Vita back so we can see what he can do on the field. I'm actually very intrigued and interested in seeing him lineup next to Beau Allen. That's 2 huge bodies inside moving people out of the way. We know what Gerald brings to the table but I wanna see Vita get his 1 on 1 opportunities.


YESSSSSSS!!!
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:19 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:Bobo is still in the mix too. When you're talking about 5th WR spots special teams is often the deciding factor there.

Speaking of DTs, I can't wait to get Vita back so we can see what he can do on the field. I'm actually very intrigued and interested in seeing him lineup next to Beau Allen. That's 2 huge bodies inside moving people out of the way. We know what Gerald brings to the table but I wanna see Vita get his 1 on 1 opportunities.


Yup, looking forward to seeing Vea at the NFL level and more importantly how/if he changes the how teams block McCoy when they're paired together at DT.

Agree on Bobo. He came on late last season and seems like he's carried that into this TC. I think we'll end up with 6 WRs with that group of Bobo, Reedy, Martino, Watson, and Bailey all fighting for 2 spots.

Bobo and Reedy have value as returners. I think Watson will have find a role on special teams as a gunner of some sort to make this team. It's tough to be the 5th WR if you don't contribute on ST.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13526
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 550 times
Been thanked: 587 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby Nano » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:30 pm

When is Vita supposed to come back?
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 7839
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 270 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:36 pm

Nano wrote:When is Vita supposed to come back?


Unknown.. He's been walking around just fine at these practices this week without any kind of brace or wrap on his calf so I'd imagine it would be pretty soon.

Bucs are likely being cautious and given his size you don't want to bring him back too early and re-aggravate it.

Hopefully he gets back next week and sees some reps in games 3 and 4. We can afford to bring him along slowly providing the other 3 DTs are healthy.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13526
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 550 times
Been thanked: 587 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:45 pm

I went to practice on August 7th and he was walking around fine without a boot then as well. So I'd imagine it won't be long before he's back at practice.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:55 pm

I'll get a little bit feeling better if we hold the Titans to 50 yards rushing, while our young clydesdale recovers.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10120
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 96 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby Four Verticals » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:48 pm

mdb1958 wrote:Stevie T --------------------- waived.

Yep, no need to go after all those DT's I wanted.


Why would the Bucs go for additional DTs than the guys signed and drafted to replace a guy who probably wasn't going to make the roster?
Four Verticals
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:12 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:08 am

Four Verticals wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:Stevie T --------------------- waived.

Yep, no need to go after all those DT's I wanted.


Why would the Bucs go for additional DTs than the guys signed and drafted to replace a guy who probably wasn't going to make the roster?



I will follow my own advice and refrain from further comment until I see what they do.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10120
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 96 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby real bucs fan » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:01 am

Funny when I was arguing with half the board that Stevie was a goner...
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 8579
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 959 times
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:20 am

real bucs fan wrote:Funny when I was arguing with half the board that Stevie was a goner...


Yep you totally called his triceps injury and subsequent I.R. placement. Go you!
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby Super K » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:42 am

real bucs fan wrote:Funny when I was arguing with half the board that Stevie was a goner...


I thought damn near EVERYONE called that he'd be the odd man out on the DL....

Not saying you are wrong and/or not giving you credit...but this is essentially saying:

Reedy
Wilson
Martino
Watson

3 of those guys won't be here...
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby real bucs fan » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:21 am

Super K wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Funny when I was arguing with half the board that Stevie was a goner...


I thought damn near EVERYONE called that he'd be the odd man out on the DL....

Not saying you are wrong and/or not giving you credit...but this is essentially saying:

Reedy
Wilson
Martino
Watson

3 of those guys won't be here...

:D

Super K wrote:Holy **** you guys argue about everything...

We are keeping both Urine and Stevie T....

Because as much as both are just JAGS it is easy to see we want to roll with a deep DL rotation...

I, for one, am glad we are taking this approach...

Allen, Vea and Stevie can take snaps at NT...

GMac, Vea and Unrein can take snaps at DT...

Unrein can even take some snaps at DE...

If there is a name to look at scratching off the 53, it's Gholston...as it stands now, he will back up JPP but he offers absolutely jack **** for pass rush...essentially Unrein can give us the same thing..

I wouldn't be surprised if we cut his salary and looked for a waiver wire DE that gives us some more pass rush when JPP is out..
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 8579
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 959 times
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:25 am

RBF you do realize Stevie T is on I.R. now with an injury, right? Oh wait you don't.


I'd also like to point out that RBF is the new board heel, picking arguments. I've passed the baton. You have huge shoes to fill, kyddo.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby Super K » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:34 am

real bucs fan wrote:
Super K wrote:
I thought damn near EVERYONE called that he'd be the odd man out on the DL....

Not saying you are wrong and/or not giving you credit...but this is essentially saying:

Reedy
Wilson
Martino
Watson

3 of those guys won't be here...

:D

Super K wrote:Holy **** you guys argue about everything...

We are keeping both Urine and Stevie T....

Because as much as both are just JAGS it is easy to see we want to roll with a deep DL rotation...

I, for one, am glad we are taking this approach...

Allen, Vea and Stevie can take snaps at NT...

GMac, Vea and Unrein can take snaps at DT...

Unrein can even take some snaps at DE...

If there is a name to look at scratching off the 53, it's Gholston...as it stands now, he will back up JPP but he offers absolutely jack **** for pass rush...essentially Unrein can give us the same thing..

I wouldn't be surprised if we cut his salary and looked for a waiver wire DE that gives us some more pass rush when JPP is out..



Well **** me, don't I look like a jackass....good news is, I wear it well because I wear it often...
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby real bucs fan » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:56 am

Bootz2004 wrote:RBF you do realize Stevie T is on I.R. now with an injury, right? Oh wait you don't.


I'd also like to point out that RBF is the new board heel, picking arguments. I've passed the baton. You have huge shoes to fill, kyddo.

Except I'm having fun with it, while you're just a miserable prick.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 8579
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 959 times
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:00 am

real bucs fan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:RBF you do realize Stevie T is on I.R. now with an injury, right? Oh wait you don't.


I'd also like to point out that RBF is the new board heel, picking arguments. I've passed the baton. You have huge shoes to fill, kyddo.

Except I'm having fun with it, while you're just a miserable prick.


Yep, you're gonna do just fine as the new Bootz! Already got the name calling down.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby real bucs fan » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:04 am

Is Bootz giving up his role as board heel???
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 8579
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 959 times
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:13 pm

Vea still not practicing, DT Beau Allen left halfway through practice with trainers today apparently also. Not good!!! Our DT depth is hurting with Vea, Allen, and Unrein all not practicing. Kinda makes me want to sit McCoy this Friday just to be safe. Good news is none of the injuries are major (Allen is still unknown and could be nothing) and hopefully all are available for week 1.

Rookie DBs Jordan Whitehead and Carlton Davis were both back at practice today.

VH3 and MJ Stewart were still held out, but no wraps or braces on either and the injuries are also minor.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13526
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 550 times
Been thanked: 587 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:08 pm

real bucs fan wrote:Is Bootz giving up his role as board heel???


You’ve taken over, kyddo. And although you won’t come close to being the board heel that I was, you’ll do well in the role. Good luck, kyddo.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby Super K » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:25 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Vea still not practicing, DT Beau Allen left halfway through practice with trainers today apparently also. Not good!!! Our DT depth is hurting with Vea, Allen, and Unrein all not practicing. Kinda makes me want to sit McCoy this Friday just to be safe. Good news is none of the injuries are major (Allen is still unknown and could be nothing) and hopefully all are available for week 1.

Rookie DBs Jordan Whitehead and Carlton Davis were both back at practice today.

VH3 and MJ Stewart were still held out, but no wraps or braces on either and the injuries are also minor.


Holy hell our DL is the walking wounded...
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:19 pm

When the season starts and you got 10 or so cant go's building up week after week, thats when players start getting cut and put on IR. Then your already thinking about draft position.

There is more riding on this 100 mil guarantee year than just management. I sure as hell hope it isnt a checks in the bank type of year.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10120
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 96 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby Stuart » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:24 pm

Our D is banged up.....for that we should be THANKFUL!!!!!!

minor injuries, a few weeks etc..........get em out of the way now. glad to hear it I am. play well this year they will. :mrgreen:
Stuart
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 12:10 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: 2018 Bucs Training Camp Thread

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:33 pm

mdb1958 wrote:When the season starts and you got 10 or so cant go's building up week after week, thats when players start getting cut and put on IR. Then your already thinking about draft position.

There is more riding on this 100 mil guarantee year than just management. I sure as hell hope it isnt a checks in the bank type of year.


Speak in a cogent, clear manner then people will pay you the attention you hope to get, kyddo.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Mex-Buc, Naismith, Plunder, PrimeMinister, Sammich and 24 guests