Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!!?

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!!?

Postby Patrick McIrish » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:41 pm

NFL Special Props - General Props
First NFL Coach To Get Fired....

Dirk Koetter +125
Vance Joseph +200
Adam Gase +650
Hue Jackson +800
Marvin Lewis +800
Jay Gruden +1500
Jason Garrett +2000
Bill O'Brien +3000
Todd Bowles +3000
Field +1500



Not to be Joey Casual Fan but I don't agree with this. I know some are let go early, wasn't Miami coach fired 4 games in a couple years back?

I think with the Winston suspension there won't be a move made until he gets back no matter how bad we play, not DK's fault he has a sexual deviant as QB....

And even then they will see how the team plays with him under center.

I can't see Bucs making a move before week 7 or so at the very earliest ....... good chance someone else falls by then.

Also you have to factor in we don't have a winning attitude here, we don't expect to win, our owners probably don't know when football season starts.

A more hands on owner is more likely this year to be upset about a poor start then our mail it in owners that make the decisions here.

IF DC is sitting in the press box again this year after one of the worse collapses in NFL history then they better play lights out.....

If not and I see Smith up there with worcestershire sauce running down those fat cheeks straining to see the field I might take him out myself....


:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:
Patrick McIrish
 
Posts: 2226
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:55 pm
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby Patrick McIrish » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:43 pm

My picks:

Gruden +1500
Field +1500
Patrick McIrish
 
Posts: 2226
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:55 pm
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby Agent Orange » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:27 pm

It's gotta be Hugh Jackson. Guy has win 1 game in two years.
Agent Orange
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:10 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby MJW » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:32 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:My picks:

Gruden +1500
Field +1500


Gruden would be a good investment I think. Snyder's been his most patient with him. If they backslide without Cousins...
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8655
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 378 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:58 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:NFL Special Props - General Props
First NFL Coach To Get Fired....

Dirk Koetter +125
Vance Joseph +200
Adam Gase +650
Hue Jackson +800
Marvin Lewis +800
Jay Gruden +1500
Jason Garrett +2000
Bill O'Brien +3000
Todd Bowles +3000
Field +1500





Agree with what you said.

All these teams with new QBs are the ones who should look out. Front office might decide they don’t want to screw their investment if the coach ain’t making it work.

Vance Joseph has a Keenum-led Broncos start 0-5? Joseph’s gone

Gase ain’t going anywhere

Hue’s gonna win 4 games this season and that’ll be enough of an up arrow for him to stick around. It’ll have to be an 0-8 or 1-7 start to get him booted

Marvin’s gone if they go 0-5; gone if they don’t make the playoffs

Jays got until 1-7 or 0-8

Garrett’s gone if they go 0-5, or 1-7

OBrian ain’t gone no matter what

Same with Bowles - he made chicken salad out of chicken **** this past year and deserves a lot of credit

Koetter has a long leash bc of the situation Winston put him in. I think the Glazers understand that. I think Koetter has until the end of the season. We’ve got to be 1 game out of playoff contention (or a strong upwards arrow by the end of season) to keep his job

My ranking of who’s likely to go first:
1) Joseph
2) Lewis
3) Garrett
4) Hue
5) Koetter
User avatar
beardmcdoug
 
Posts: 3010
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 pm
Has thanked: 362 times
Been thanked: 236 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:03 pm

Glazers have never fired a coach mid-season, so Koetter is a bad bet.
Image
User avatar
IchabodCrane84
 
Posts: 1833
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:29 pm
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Has thanked: 122 times
Been thanked: 333 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:27 pm

IchabodCrane84 wrote:Glazers have never fired a coach mid-season, so Koetter is a bad bet.

This
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 12700
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 525 times
Been thanked: 548 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby Kress » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:59 am

DreadNaught wrote:
IchabodCrane84 wrote:Glazers have never fired a coach mid-season, so Koetter is a bad bet.

This


That
Image
User avatar
Kress
 
Posts: 4413
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:26 pm
Has thanked: 127 times
Been thanked: 242 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby PanteraCanes » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:05 pm

You know, that pick really gave me old PMI flash backs. I completely forgotten Jon's brother is also coaching too.
User avatar
PanteraCanes
 
Posts: 1055
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:48 pm
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby Buccs99 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:25 pm

IchabodCrane84 wrote:Glazers have never fired a coach mid-season


yet.
User avatar
Buccs99
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:04 pm
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby Crocaneers » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:37 pm

Kress wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:This


That


Da udder Ting
Image
User avatar
Crocaneers
 
Posts: 2562
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 am
Location: Gatorland (at least on the weekends )
Has thanked: 378 times
Been thanked: 241 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby Patrick McIrish » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:01 pm

I agree, never during the season, for that and a few other reasons I'm surprised DK is the chalk.

We also have 6.5 as win total and sharps have been pounding the under, not a lot of respect for us this year......

That means look for a great season! :lol: :lol:
Patrick McIrish
 
Posts: 2226
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:55 pm
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby Patrick McIrish » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:04 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Patrick McIrish wrote:NFL Special Props - General Props
First NFL Coach To Get Fired....

Dirk Koetter +125
Vance Joseph +200
Adam Gase +650
Hue Jackson +800
Marvin Lewis +800
Jay Gruden +1500
Jason Garrett +2000
Bill O'Brien +3000
Todd Bowles +3000
Field +1500





Agree with what you said.

All these teams with new QBs are the ones who should look out. Front office might decide they don’t want to screw their investment if the coach ain’t making it work.

Vance Joseph has a Keenum-led Broncos start 0-5? Joseph’s gone

Gase ain’t going anywhere

Hue’s gonna win 4 games this season and that’ll be enough of an up arrow for him to stick around. It’ll have to be an 0-8 or 1-7 start to get him booted

Marvin’s gone if they go 0-5; gone if they don’t make the playoffs

Jays got until 1-7 or 0-8

Garrett’s gone if they go 0-5, or 1-7

OBrian ain’t gone no matter what

Same with Bowles - he made chicken salad out of chicken **** this past year and deserves a lot of credit

Koetter has a long leash bc of the situation Winston put him in. I think the Glazers understand that. I think Koetter has until the end of the season. We’ve got to be 1 game out of playoff contention (or a strong upwards arrow by the end of season) to keep his job

My ranking of who’s likely to go first:
1) Joseph
2) Lewis
3) Garrett
4) Hue
5) Koetter




Sharp post.
Patrick McIrish
 
Posts: 2226
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:55 pm
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby NYBF » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:14 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:I agree, never during the season, for that and a few other reasons I'm surprised DK is the chalk.

We also have 6.5 as win total and sharps have been pounding the under, not a lot of respect for us this year......

That means look for a great season! :lol: :lol:


But your average Joe cruising the sports books will look up at the board and think "hmmm.... couple bad seasons, Winston is suspended so they'll get off to another bad start... the Bucs love paying 3 coaches at the same time... this will be easy money!" and plunk down $100.
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 5921
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 485 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby Patrick McIrish » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:48 pm

NYBF wrote:
Patrick McIrish wrote:I agree, never during the season, for that and a few other reasons I'm surprised DK is the chalk.

We also have 6.5 as win total and sharps have been pounding the under, not a lot of respect for us this year......

That means look for a great season! :lol: :lol:


But your average Joe cruising the sports books will look up at the board and think "hmmm.... couple bad seasons, Winston is suspended so they'll get off to another bad start... the Bucs love paying 3 coaches at the same time... this will be easy money!" and plunk down $100.


Fair enough.

Books set lines not where they think they should be, but where they think the public thinks they should be in order to get balanced action as much as possible.

These kind of prop offerings are run differently from ATS spreads, totals, and so on but his point remains.....

Book offerings are based more on what sort of action they expect to receive than what they actually believe.
Patrick McIrish
 
Posts: 2226
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:55 pm
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby BucaRican » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:51 pm

Jason Garrett +2000

I am putting my money here.
Image
BucaRican
 
Posts: 932
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:53 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby SIBucsFan » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:53 pm

The worst bet on here is Marvin Lewis.
User avatar
SIBucsFan
 
Posts: 1594
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:40 am
Has thanked: 289 times
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby Patrick McIrish » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:54 pm

PanteraCanes wrote:You know, that pick really gave me old PMI flash backs. I completely forgotten Jon's brother is also coaching too.



I never met the original PMI, did you?

I took a flyer on young Gruden because Chuck wasn't on the board (actually I bet the field too because of him :lol:).

I do think Gruden might be held accountable soon. Team has slipped a win the last few years..... now no Cousins.

And now with the Raiders, an arch enemy of the Skins, having big brother I don't think Snyder is going to be too patient to keep Gruden II employed if they aren't playing well.
Patrick McIrish
 
Posts: 2226
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:55 pm
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby terrytate » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:26 pm

Agent Orange wrote:It's gotta be Hugh Jackson. Guy has win 1 game in two years.



Ordinarily it would be hard to argue this. This year however, I think the Browns show up. The playoffs might be wishful thinking but they should be a far more competitive team than we've seen in Cleveland since they were resurrected. If their schedule were not so brutal, I put .500 down as a lock.
User avatar
terrytate
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:49 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 100 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:52 pm

terrytate wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:It's gotta be Hugh Jackson. Guy has win 1 game in two years.



Ordinarily it would be hard to argue this. This year however, I think the Browns show up. The playoffs might be wishful thinking but they should be a far more competitive team than we've seen in Cleveland since they were resurrected. If their schedule were not so brutal, I put .500 down as a lock.

I think his point is that if they do fail and look bad early, he's gone...and early.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 4676
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 127 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby MJW » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:09 pm

I think Adam Gase is a solid pick too. That team has the look of a bad, boring, identity-free group with aboslutely nothing to hang their hats on and nothing for the fans to get excited about. Seriously, who's the biggest star on that 53 right now?

If they open up 0-4 or 1-5, he could be gone.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8655
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 378 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby Super K » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:50 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
terrytate wrote:

Ordinarily it would be hard to argue this. This year however, I think the Browns show up. The playoffs might be wishful thinking but they should be a far more competitive team than we've seen in Cleveland since they were resurrected. If their schedule were not so brutal, I put .500 down as a lock.

I think his point is that if they do fail and look bad early, he's gone...and early.


Agreed, and he's right...

If they start put 0-5 or 1-6, Jackson is toast...
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7162
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 209 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby Onthebrink » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:25 pm

Cameron Wake is probably the best player for the Fins. I know it was a rhetorical question but he is pretty good.
Onthebrink
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:06 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby Wesmon » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:11 pm

IchabodCrane84 wrote:Glazers have never fired a coach mid-season, so Koetter is a bad bet.


/thread
Wesmon
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:23 am
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby PanteraCanes » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:37 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:
PanteraCanes wrote:You know, that pick really gave me old PMI flash backs. I completely forgotten Jon's brother is also coaching too.



I never met the original PMI, did you?

I took a flyer on young Gruden because Chuck wasn't on the board (actually I bet the field too because of him :lol:).

I do think Gruden might be held accountable soon. Team has slipped a win the last few years..... now no Cousins.

And now with the Raiders, an arch enemy of the Skins, having big brother I don't think Snyder is going to be too patient to keep Gruden II employed if they aren't playing well.


He never showed up to the get together so no.

I was just thinking you picked Jon Gruden to be the first to be fired when you said Gruden. That was schtick, anti Jon Gruden. So when I saw just Gruden I was thinking wow, going with the hard sell on Jon Gruden when he was just hired.
User avatar
PanteraCanes
 
Posts: 1055
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:48 pm
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby Patrick McIrish » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:12 pm

PanteraCanes wrote:
Patrick McIrish wrote:

I never met the original PMI, did you?

I took a flyer on young Gruden because Chuck wasn't on the board (actually I bet the field too because of him :lol:).

I do think Gruden might be held accountable soon. Team has slipped a win the last few years..... now no Cousins.

And now with the Raiders, an arch enemy of the Skins, having big brother I don't think Snyder is going to be too patient to keep Gruden II employed if they aren't playing well.



I was just thinking you picked Jon Gruden to be the first to be fired when you said Gruden. That was schtick, anti Jon Gruden. So when I saw just Gruden I was thinking wow, going with the hard sell on Jon Gruden when he was just hired.



As much as I think Chuck is overrated he's going to be with the Raiders a bit regardless win, lose or draw.

He's probably the last coach I'd list to be fired.... him and BeliCheat.

Good to see you around brother, you are a LONG TIMER.
Patrick McIrish
 
Posts: 2226
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:55 pm
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby Patrick McIrish » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:14 pm

PS - not schtick, absolutely Buc fans give Chuck WAY WAY WAY too much credit for our ring......

Come to think of it you are one of those people, if memory serves me right. :P
Patrick McIrish
 
Posts: 2226
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:55 pm
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:03 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:PS - not schtick, absolutely Buc fans give Chuck WAY WAY WAY too much credit for our ring......

Come to think of it you are one of those people, if memory serves me right. :P

The Guden won with Dungy's team take is more common than most would like to admit.

Still have to give him credit for finishing the job.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 13161
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 628 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby MJW » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:53 pm

terrytate wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:It's gotta be Hugh Jackson. Guy has win 1 game in two years.



Ordinarily it would be hard to argue this. This year however, I think the Browns show up. The playoffs might be wishful thinking but they should be a far more competitive team than we've seen in Cleveland since they were resurrected. If their schedule were not so brutal, I put .500 down as a lock.


This feels like the corner-turning year for them. I haven't said that before. Taylor is the best QB they've had since Bernie Kosar. They might have the best trio of running backs in the league. If Josh Gordon is solid, they have a great collection of targets. The line will be okay, even if they'll miss Joe Thomas. Then you look at all the talent they have on defense...

If you just forgot it was "The Browns" and looked at the roster, you'd say 10 wins.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8655
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 378 times

Re: Vegas - Koetter favored to be first coach fired in 2018!

Postby sanka » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:05 am

Lol @ Koetter not saying Winston is the starter in week four hahahaja ...who does he think he is Phil Jackson?
To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 3837
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Next

post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beardmcdoug, Caradoc, ComingThisFall, Ken Carson, Moozician, nhbucsfan, reagan SMASH, theBKwhopper, viva la Reagan and 35 guests