LeSean McCoy accused of abuse

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: LeSean McCoy accused of abuse

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:40 pm

Methinks it's some Liar Liar **** going on here..

DreadNaught

Postby Sammich » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:41 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Sammich wrote:
Yes, I believe that publicly accusing somebody of a crime they didn't commit with the intent to hurt them should be a crime with a stiff punishment.

How do you know that's not true? As dread said, how do you know he didn't hire someone to do it?

Libel and Slander are torts, or civil offenses. You are able to be sued for them, but there are not punishable with jail time, especially due to the potential vagueness of defamation. If she made a false statement to the police or made a statement calling for violence against him, that's another thing.

Defamation (libel and slander) is a tort for reasons tied to freedom of speech. While 1A doesn't protect from defamation, we want people to be able to speak freely in our society, but the civil torts are to protect those who are hurt by the speech. Otherwise we would have police reports constantly filed on the news, politicians, random people, etc. on a daily basis to the point where freedom of speech would be restricted as the government (police) would be require to filter flow what was or wasn't in violation.

I'm all for freedom of speech. Huge believer in it. However, there is a big difference between saying someone is an ***hole and accusing them of a crime they didn't commit.
Sammich

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:47 pm

Well any way you slice it. Somebody is telling a big, whopping lie.

either the woman lied on instagram, or McCoy is lying that he had nothing to do with this home invasion.

There will be a reckoning one way or the other.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:49 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:No, not anymore.

No one does and they shouldn't. If I recall correctly the state Supreme Court ruled that unconstitutional. I know they kept it for a while, but it was in the paper in the last 5 years or so that it's dead.

Unconstitutional at the Federal level. 17 states currently have such laws in place.....Or wikipedia needs an update.

Link

In this case, wikipedia needs some updating, but in the 4 I looked up Kansas does have active criminal defamation.

I looked through a few;

Georgia- Ruled unconstitutional, law off books
Florida- Ruled unconstitutional, law still on books
Idaho- Not criminal
Kansas- Upheld

So I was incorrect about "no one has it".
uscbucsfan

Postby RedLeader » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:49 pm

You guys are missing a fourth option..

They're all innocent, and this was all a big, very unfortunate mis-understanding.

Wrong place. wrong time.. assumed the wrong thing...
RedLeader

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:51 pm

RedLeader wrote:You guys are missing a fourth option..

They're all innocent, and this was all a big, very unfortunate mis-understanding.

Then what about the accusations of drug use, child abuse and animal abuse?
Bootz2004

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:52 pm

Sammich wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:
How do you know that's not true? As dread said, how do you know he didn't hire someone to do it?

Libel and Slander are torts, or civil offenses. You are able to be sued for them, but there are not punishable with jail time, especially due to the potential vagueness of defamation. If she made a false statement to the police or made a statement calling for violence against him, that's another thing.

Defamation (libel and slander) is a tort for reasons tied to freedom of speech. While 1A doesn't protect from defamation, we want people to be able to speak freely in our society, but the civil torts are to protect those who are hurt by the speech. Otherwise we would have police reports constantly filed on the news, politicians, random people, etc. on a daily basis to the point where freedom of speech would be restricted as the government (police) would be require to filter flow what was or wasn't in violation.

I'm all for freedom of speech. Huge believer in it. However, there is a big difference between saying someone is an ***hole and accusing them of a crime they didn't commit.

Is there? I mean if it's not to police it's just to hurt their public image. What is the difference in spreading that someone is a whore, sexist, racist? They all impact their public perception negatively. Should all of these things be punished criminally if they can't be proven to be true?
uscbucsfan

Postby Sammich » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:25 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Sammich wrote:

Is there? I mean if it's not to police it's just to hurt their public image. What is the difference in spreading that someone is a whore, sexist, racist? They all impact their public perception negatively. Should all of these things be punished criminally if they can't be proven to be true?

Saying someone is a whore, sexist, or racist is subjective and based on opinion. Saying someone is a criminal is objective- either they did it or they didn't.

Its like being mad at someone and saying "I hope you fall off your porch" vs "I'm going to throw you off your porch".
Sammich

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:29 pm

Sammich wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

Saying someone is a whore, sexist, or racist is subjective and based on opinion. Saying someone is a criminal is objective- either they did it or they didn't.

Its like being mad at someone and saying "I hope you fall off your porch" vs "I'm going to throw you off your porch".

Saying that someone is anything on social media is subjective; criminal, racist, sexist, etc. as the nature of the platform is and should be scrutinized. It's not a legal avenue. If these things are occurring, they should be presented to police, but we don't need additional laws (there shouldn't be any) to push that to happen.
uscbucsfan

Postby Sammich » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:31 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Well any way you slice it. Somebody is telling a big, whopping lie.

either the woman lied on instagram, or McCoy is lying that he had nothing to do with this home invasion.

Unfortunately, you are wrong. If he is caught lying there will be a reckoning and hell to pay. If she is caught lying then nothing will happen to her, but McCoy may still be punished. Our society is becoming what the founding fathers fought so hard to get out from under. It wasn't all about "taxation without representation"- that was just a slice of the pie.
Sammich

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:33 pm

Sammich wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Well any way you slice it. Somebody is telling a big, whopping lie.

Unfortunately, you are wrong. If he is caught lying there will be a reckoning and hell to pay. If she is caught lying then nothing will happen to her, but McCoy may still be punished. Our society is becoming what the founding fathers fought so hard to get out from under. It wasn't all about "taxation without representation"- that was just a slice of the pie.

Lol.

I think you are confusing the actions an employer takes vs. a government.
uscbucsfan

Postby Sammich » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:36 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Sammich wrote:

Saying that someone is anything on social media is subjective; criminal, racist, sexist, etc. as the nature of the platform is and should be scrutinized. It's not a legal avenue. If these things are occurring, they should be presented to police, but we don't need additional laws (there shouldn't be any) to push that to happen.

Saying someone committed a crime isn't subjective.
Sammich

Postby Sammich » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:43 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Sammich wrote:

Lol.

It worries me that you find it funny. I hope it never happens to anyone in your inner circle, but at the rate these things are happening it just may. Perhaps then you'll understand how big a deal this is.
Sammich

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:45 pm

Sammich wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

Saying someone committed a crime isn't subjective.

First of all, it can be, depending on the crime, but not to go down that rabbit hole...

Simply saying someone committed or didn't a crime on a social platform doesn't make it true. The medium itself such IG, Facebook, Twitter, etc are questionable. The government isn't and shlouldn't be persuming guilt because of a post. Therefore, I see no reason to make it more than a tort.
uscbucsfan

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:48 pm

Sammich wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Lol.

It worries me that you find it funny. I hope it never happens to anyone in your inner circle, but at the rate these things are happening it just may. Perhaps then you'll understand how big a deal this is.

Your lack of understanding is comical. I have no issue with a company enacting polocies they see fit in response to issues like this as long as they don't violate the state and federal laws.
uscbucsfan

Postby Sammich » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:56 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Sammich wrote:

Your lack of understanding is comical. I have no issue with a company enacting polocies they see fit in response to issues like this as long as they don't violate the state and federal laws.

Your lack of understanding isn't comical at all. Its more sad, and a little bit scary. You want to argue semantics while I am speaking of bad trends in society. You want to argue about what color the boat is and I'm trying to tell you that the boat is sinking. Either way I'm done. Have a great day. Make sure you learn to swim if you haven't already.
Sammich

Postby BUCCABEER » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:59 pm

I'll come back to this thread, about this time next year, by then the NFL will have gotten to the bottom of this.
BUCCABEER

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:03 pm

Sammich wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

Your lack of understanding isn't comical at all. Its more sad, and a little bit scary. You want to argue semantics while I am speaking of bad trends in society. You want to argue about what color the boat is and I'm trying to tell you that the boat is sinking. Either way I'm done. Have a great day. Make sure you learn to swim if you haven't already.

You are talking about trends that private businesses are taking and crying that we are falling away from the government foundation our founding fathers set. This is akin to people saying the US was moving towards North Korea when the NFL wants to stop protests. It's just an ignorant parallel.

This isn't the government oppressing people, it's not the government punishing unjustly. We are talking about a business dealing with employees. Not every business abides by these practices, some are more harsh, some less. If you want to discuss the spiraling of society, it more points towards the consumer and social media as that is what businesses like the NFL are reacting to and handing out punishments. It's certainly not something we need more or bigger government stepping in and regulating.

"The boat is sinking"...talk about dramatics...
uscbucsfan

Postby Terp » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Obviously McCoy sent the ‘burglars’ there to beat up the woman that he’s been trying to evict for months.

Not that difficult to figure out.
Terp

Postby RedLeader » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:24 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
RedLeader wrote:You guys are missing a fourth option..

Then what about the accusations of drug use, child abuse and animal abuse?

Monday night in the hood? ;)
RedLeader

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:26 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Sammich wrote:

You are talking about trends that private businesses are taking and crying that we are falling away from the government foundation our founding fathers set. This is akin to people saying the US was moving towards North Korea when the NFL wants to stop protests. It's just an ignorant parallel.

This isn't the government oppressing people, it's not the government punishing unjustly. We are talking about a business dealing with employees. Not every business abides by these practices, some are more harsh, some less. If you want to discuss the spiraling of society, it more points towards the consumer and social media as that is what businesses like the NFL are reacting to and handing out punishments. It's certainly not something we need more or bigger government stepping in and regulating.

"The boat is sinking"...talk about dramatics...

I THINK...Sammich is a men's rights guy. Meaning he's opposed to women getting default favoritism from things like divorce court all the way down to women using a man's chivalry to take advantage of him.

At least he sounds like one of those guys.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Four Verticals » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:06 pm

BUCCABEER wrote:I'll come back to this thread, about this time next year, by then the NFL will have gotten to the bottom of this.

So you think the NFL is fast tracking this case?
Four Verticals

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:53 pm

Terp wrote:Obviously McCoy sent the ‘burglars’ there to beat up the woman that he’s been trying to evict for months.

Not that difficult to figure out.

McCoy would have to be the burglar then. The caption states that he did this and is a woman beater. Not burglars.
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:57 pm

He could be lying. But either way you slice it the woman has to be lying. She names McCoy as the person who beat this lady up. Not burglars. She named McCoy as being a child abuser, animal abuser and drug user also. Not burglars. So either the she lied on Instagram or to the police.
Bootz2004

Postby Jason Bourne » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:11 pm

I say Lesean put the hit out on her, hired some goons to do it ... they were not very smart tho ... I hear they targeted specific jewelry that lesean had given her . If that’s the case then bye bye Shady
Jason Bourne

Postby sanka » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:12 pm

Brandon Browner is now charged with attempted murder.

And Maryjane is losing her mind over Jameis.
"History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon
sanka

Postby Deja Entendu » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:17 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:

He could be lying. But either way you slice it the woman has to be lying. She names McCoy as the person who beat this lady up. Not burglars. She named McCoy as being a child abuser, animal abuser and drug user also. Not burglars. So either the she lied on Instagram or to the police.

I have no idea (and neither does anyone else here) if he did or didn't; but if he did hire someone to do that, then she wasn't lying: he did that to her best friend.
Deja Entendu

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:27 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

I have no idea (and neither does anyone else here) if he did or didn't; but if he did hire someone to do that, then she wasn't lying: he did that to her best friend.

Don't be stupid and argue semantics. WOMAN BEATER. CHILD ABUSER. DRUG USER. ANIMAL ABUSER. All of these things she named Lesean McCoy as doing himself. Not hiring someone to do. Go back and read the OP again instead of making a fool out of yourself.
Bootz2004

Postby sanka » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:33 pm

3 pages and Maryjane hasn't said a word. smh.
"History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon
sanka

Postby Deja Entendu » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:12 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:

Don't be stupid and argue semantics. WOMAN BEATER. CHILD ABUSER. DRUG USER. ANIMAL ABUSER. All of these things she named Lesean McCoy as doing himself. Not hiring someone to do. Go back and read the OP again instead of making a fool out of yourself.

Oooooh I see now: if he DID hire someone to rob and beat her, but didn't actually do it himself, then the friend is lying because he isn't a "woman beater." Got it. I'm such a fool for arguing semantics. How stupid of me...
Deja Entendu

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions