LeSean McCoy accused of abuse

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: LeSean McCoy accused of abuse

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:24 pm

Four Verticals wrote:I think we need to step back and see where this goes.

I think we are for the most part. After the Rueben Foster saga, waiting for facts is prudent to say the least. This could be a revenge scheme from a discarded thot (<-- is that right? :P )
DreadNaught

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:28 pm

Well use of thot, DN. Yeah based on that report from Shady’s court case this could be a revenge issue. I am waiting for more information.
PrimeMinister

Postby Deuce » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:29 pm

I hate to be that guy but...every time something happens now I ponder the fantasy football implications. And I only think this is appropriate because it seems like we need to wait and see what proof or if proof comes out.

If we go into the season and this is still hanging over McCoy, that's gonna be a big hit to his draft stock. And iirc, he's like a first round guy.
Deuce

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:36 pm

Deuce wrote:I hate to be that guy but...every time something happens now I ponder the fantasy football implications. And I only think this is appropriate because it seems like we need to wait and see what proof or if proof comes out.

If we go into the season and this is still hanging over McCoy, that's gonna be a big hit to his draft stock. And iirc, he's like a first round guy.

people who play fantasy football are the thots of nfl fans
beardmcdoug

Postby Kress » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:45 pm

You know, the things that we choose to blabber on about on this message board will likely have very little effect on the situation.
Kress

Postby Cheb » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:50 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Deuce wrote:I hate to be that guy but...every time something happens now I ponder the fantasy football implications. And I only think this is appropriate because it seems like we need to wait and see what proof or if proof comes out.

people who play fantasy football are the thots of nfl fans

I've always thot that people who play fantasy football aren't that bad.
Cheb

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:50 pm

Kress wrote:

You know, the things that we choose to blabber on about on this message board will likely have very little effect on the situation.

Exactly. And if we were all just a big group of friends, sitting around at a pub, sharing a few beers and shooting the ****, the conversation wouldn't be a whole lot different.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:04 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Kress wrote:

Exactly. And if we were all just a big group of friends, sitting around at a pub, sharing a few beers and shooting the ****, the conversation wouldn't be a whole lot different.

Except everything you say here is documented, stored, and added to your dossier to be called up and used against you should you ever become a "problem" for the state :^)
beardmcdoug

Postby Kress » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:15 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:Except everything you say here is documented, stored, and added to your dossier to be called up and used against you should you ever become a "problem" for the state :^)

*REPORTED*
Kress

Postby The Outsider » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:21 pm

The Outsider

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:27 pm

Seems like BS. McCoy was in Miami this AM training while this incident apparently occurred in Atlanta late last night.

The original IG post in the OP has been deleted/taken down as well.

Damn thots trying hate on a playa! Don't hate the playa baby, hate the game. :P

DreadNaught

Postby BucaRican » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:37 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Seems like BS. McCoy was in Miami this AM training while this incident apparently occurred in Atlanta late last night.

Case Closed.....
BucaRican

Postby Sammich » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:43 pm

Case not closed. If she accused him of a horrible crime and he PROVES himself innocent (you know, the opposite of the way it should be) then she should be brought up on charges. This **** has got to stop.
Sammich

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:45 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Seems like BS. McCoy was in Miami this AM training while this incident apparently occurred in Atlanta late last night.

Wow. So who is that in the picture?
Bootz2004

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:45 pm

McCoy out of town - residence was "specifically targeted"? that's a classic hit job folks. sounds like they got to the broad's friend early and shut her up for good.

beardmcdoug

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:46 pm

Sammich wrote:Case not closed. If she accused him of a horrible crime and he PROVES himself innocent (you know, the opposite of the way it should be) then she should be brought up on charges. This **** has got to stop.

What charges? She file a report or did she file a rant on instagram?

He could SUE her ass, but idk about a criminal case.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:58 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Sammich wrote:Case not closed. If she accused him of a horrible crime and he PROVES himself innocent (you know, the opposite of the way it should be) then she should be brought up on charges. This **** has got to stop.

Let's level set here.

The woman that got beat up in the OP is LeSean McCoy's EX-Girlfriend.

The person that made the Instagram post I put in the OP was the "best-friend" of the ex-gf.

The backstory is McCoy and this women have been separated for months and she refused to move out of HIS house in the Atlanta area (where this incident happened last night). McCoy even had his friends move her **** out and cut of the electricity.

Last night there was apparently a targeted break-in at the residence where this women was beaten. McCoy was in Miami early this AM, so unless he got on a flight at 3am it would be impossible to make that drive so quickly.

Maybe McCoy sent some goons to beat up his ex? Maybe it was a legit break-in? Who knows right now, but it seems McCoy wasn't the one who physically did this (although he could've ordered the code red).

I'd be interested to know if the McCoy's name was mentioned to police last night when they showed up or was the IG post this AM the first his name was associated with this event. Because there were two woman at the residence last night and if neither identified McCoy then that IG post is BS.
DreadNaught

Postby Sammich » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:02 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

A lawsuit would be a good start. Men standing up for each other and making this kind of crap an actual crime would be a good move, too.
Sammich

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:10 pm

Sammich wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:What charges? She file a report or did she file a rant on instagram?

A lawsuit would be a good start. Men standing up for each other and making this kind of crap an actual crime would be a good move, too.

You think it should be a crime that she posted that stuff on IG?

I'm asking for you to elaborate, not just a yes or no response. It seems you haven't thought this out. Especially considering we still don't know what happened or the full story.
uscbucsfan

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:15 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Sammich wrote:

Defamation, libel? Doesn't seem legal to make public claims like that.

Damn IG models, can't trust em.
DreadNaught

Postby Sammich » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:17 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Sammich wrote:

Yes, I believe that publicly accusing somebody of a crime they didn't commit with the intent to hurt them should be a crime with a stiff punishment.
Sammich

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:19 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:Wow. So who is that in the picture?

It's McCoy's EX-GF and she was beat up in McCoy's Atlanta area home (she's refused to move out of). But McCoy wasn't in Atlanta it seems so if I were to guess it's one of the following;

1) McCoy had some of his goons do this
2) It was an actual home invasion and McCoy is completely innocent and was unaware
3) This was a devious revenge plot by his ex in some type of zero-sum takedown attempt
DreadNaught

Postby Cheb » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:30 pm

Sammich wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:You think it should be a crime that she posted that stuff on IG?

Yes, I believe that publicly accusing somebody of a crime they didn't commit with the intent to hurt them should be a crime with a stiff punishment.

I'm certainly no lawyer, but publishing a false statement to intentionally harm someone's reputation is basically the definition of libel.
Cheb

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:30 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:Wow. So who is that in the picture?

It's McCoy's EX-GF and she was beat up in McCoy's Atlanta area home (she's refused to move out of). But McCoy wasn't in Atlanta it seems so if I were to guess it's one of the following;

1) McCoy had some of his goons do this
2) It was an actual home invasion and McCoy is completely innocent and was unaware
3) This was a devious revenge plot by his ex in some type of zero-sum takedown attempt

Going to be very hard to prove McCoy put a hit on her without an arrest of the bad guy that beat her up.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Sammich » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:33 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Sammich wrote:

I'm asking for you to elaborate, not just a yes or no response. It seems you haven't thought this out. Especially considering we still don't know what happened or the full story.

Quoted again since you want me to elaborate. It is becoming more and more common for men to be punished for crimes where there is no proof that they ever committed the crime. That's what "listen and believe" is all about- punishment without proof. False accusations with no risk of reprimand to the accuser in order to punish a man for not doing what he was told, blackmail him, or to save one's own reputation after doing something one regrets.

In this situation the accusation against McCoy could cost him millions and maybe even his career. The intent of the accusation was to hurt him because he wanted her out of his house, his life, and his wallet. If he was in Miami at the time then he couldn't possibly have done it. I'm sorry that it happened, but McCoy didn't do it. The poster should be guilty of something.
Sammich

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:33 pm

Cheb wrote:
Sammich wrote:

I'm certainly no lawyer, but publishing a false statement to intentionally harm someone's reputation is basically the definition of libel.

Georgia does have a criminal defamation law.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:33 pm

Sammich wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:You think it should be a crime that she posted that stuff on IG?

How do you know that's not true? As dread said, how do you know he didn't hire someone to do it?

Libel and Slander are torts, or civil offenses. You are able to be sued for them, but there are not punishable with jail time, especially due to the potential vagueness of defamation. If she made a false statement to the police or made a statement calling for violence against him, that's another thing.

Defamation (libel and slander) is a tort for reasons tied to freedom of speech. While 1A doesn't protect from defamation, we want people to be able to speak freely in our society, but the civil torts are to protect those who are hurt by the speech. Otherwise we would have police reports constantly filed on the news, politicians, random people, etc. on a daily basis to the point where freedom of speech would be restricted as the government (police) would be require to filter flow what was or wasn't in violation.
Last edited by uscbucsfan on Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uscbucsfan

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:34 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Cheb wrote:

Georgia does have a criminal defamation law.

No, not anymore.

No one does and they shouldn't. If I recall correctly the state Supreme Court ruled that unconstitutional. I know they kept it for a while, but it was in the paper in the last 5 years or so that it's dead.
uscbucsfan

Postby Sammich » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:37 pm

Cheb wrote:
Sammich wrote:

My thinking as well, but it doesn't seem to ever get punished.
Sammich

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:39 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Georgia does have a criminal defamation law.

No, not anymore.

No one does and they shouldn't. If I recall correctly the state Supreme Court ruled that unconstitutional. I know they kept it for a while, but it was in the paper in the last 5 years or so that it's dead.

Unconstitutional at the Federal level. 17 states currently have such laws in place.....Or wikipedia needs an update.

Link
Mountaineer Buc

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions