So If Fitz goes 3-0

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: So If Fitz goes 3-0

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:53 am

Buc2 wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:Hall of fame Qb Fitz ... well done, now watch Djacks YPC plummet.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ProFootballH ... 0072597504

Since his YAC is super inflated at the moment due to the, out-of-his-mind, first 2 games Fitz had, I would fully expect his YAC to come down...regardless of who is lining up behind center.

Wait...You mean to tell me 24.9 yards a catch isn't sustainable? Oh gee..
Bootz2004

Postby Buc2 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:54 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Since his YAC is super inflated at the moment due to the, out-of-his-mind, first 2 games Fitz had, I would fully expect his YAC to come down...regardless of who is lining up behind center.

Wait...You mean to tell me 24.9 yards a catch isn't sustainable? Oh gee..

Right? The horror.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:59 am

I don't think anyone, Desean included, gives a damn what his YPC is. Let's win games.
Bootz2004

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:11 pm

Super K wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
No like it will when Jameis plays a full game

He'll be ok as long as he keeps quitting on those out routes like he did Sunday...

YPC can't go down if ya don't make the catch...

That being said, I do believe DJax, and his skills set, may be a waste with JW behind center....should've packaged him and a pick for Mack...

I know, can you imagine Fitz back there lighting it up AND we actually had a defense!?!?

Oh you meant DJax not Winston
beardmcdoug

Postby Super K » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:24 pm

Well played Beard...
Super K

Postby Deuce » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:19 pm

Just gonna throw this out there- I still think Desean can go after this year. He's an exciting guy to have and maybe a different O-coordinator could put him in different situations but other than going deep, I think Godwin can give us what Desean's giving us.

I also think there's a weird dynamic between him and Jameis. I know there were some rumblings about him being unhappy last year. And he was really quick to jump on the Fitz bandwagon. I don't feel like he gave full effort trying to catch the last incompletion Winston threw to him.
Deuce

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:29 pm

Deuce wrote:Just gonna throw this out there- I still think Desean can go after this year. He's an exciting guy to have and maybe a different O-coordinator could put him in different situations but other than going deep, I think Godwin can give us what Desean's giving us.

I also think there's a weird dynamic between him and Jameis. I know there were some rumblings about him being unhappy last year. And he was really quick to jump on the Fitz bandwagon. I don't feel like he gave full effort trying to catch the last incompletion Winston threw to him.

WTF? You cannot be serious here. I'll make this easy. Chris Godwin is not in Desean Jackson's area code. Godwin can't run the routes Djax can. Godwin's hands aren't nearly as great as Djax, who is one of the best catchers of the football in the NFL. Godwin isn't nearly the athlete either and he has issues separating. I think people got enamored with the idea of what Chris Godwin could be 1 day but don't pretend he can make up for a Desean Jackson.

People have been acting extremely weird as of late. What the hell is going on?
Bootz2004

Postby Deuce » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:44 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Deuce wrote:Just gonna throw this out there- I still think Desean can go after this year. He's an exciting guy to have and maybe a different O-coordinator could put him in different situations but other than going deep, I think Godwin can give us what Desean's giving us.

WTF? You cannot be serious here. I'll make this easy. Chris Godwin is not in Desean Jackson's area code. Godwin can't run the routes Djax can. Godwin's hands aren't nearly as great as Djax, who is one of the best catchers of the football in the NFL. Godwin isn't nearly the athlete either and he has issues separating. I think people got enamored with the idea of what Chris Godwin could be 1 day but don't pretend he can make up for a Desean Jackson.

Sooner or later, we'll have to start making decisions with the cap in mind. First up for me is the guy who had 50 catches for 668 yards and 3 TDs last year, making $11 million.
Deuce

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:47 pm

Deuce wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Sooner or later, we'll have to start making decisions with the cap in mind. First up for me is the guy who had 50 catches for 668 yards and 3 TDs last year, making $11 million.

That same guy is on pace for 68 catches, 1696 yards and 12 TDs but to fit your agenda you'd skip over that?
Bootz2004

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:48 pm

yeah I disagree that Godwin can give us what Desean can. Godwin's skillset hexagon is a split right between Evans and Djax. Djax has extremes that Godwin just won't ever have. Desean and his YAC/field awareness, speed, route savvyness and deep ball tracking are on a completely different level

But I DO agree with you that DJax is wasted here with Jameis under center. The two just don't vibe. They don't. And it shows up in how they play ball together.
beardmcdoug

Postby Deuce » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:03 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Deuce wrote:

That same guy is on pace for 68 catches, 1696 yards and 12 TDs but to fit your agenda you'd skip over that?

Wanna make a board bet that he doesn't hit those numbers?
Deuce

Postby Deuce » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:06 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:

yeah I disagree that Godwin can give us what Desean can. Godwin's skillset hexagon is a split right between Evans and Djax. Djax has extremes that Godwin just won't ever have. Desean and his YAC/field awareness, speed, route savvyness and deep ball tracking are on a completely different level

But I DO agree with you that DJax is wasted here with Jameis under center. The two just don't vibe. They don't. And it shows up in how they play ball together.

I'm not saying they are the same player. I also said "other than going deep". I'm saying production-wise, he can give us what Desean has at the #2 spot. If Godwin started for an entire year, I'd bet he'd put up similar/better numbers than Desean did last year.
Deuce

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:09 pm

Deuce wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

No because there's a reason I said "ON PACE". You don't know what a projection is? No if you want to bet something more realistic, I'll bet you he does better numbers than what he put up last season. You obviously think he won't since you admitted you'd base your decision to release him in 2019 off of what he did in 2017 and would ignore 2018.
Bootz2004

Postby PetePierson » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:17 pm

Galloway was pretty productive in Tampa (with some God awful QBs). Too lazy to look it up but thought he was close to age DJax was now. If he and Winston can get on same page, he's worth his salary next season.
PetePierson

Postby Deuce » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:27 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Deuce wrote:

No because there's a reason I said "ON PACE". You don't know what a projection is? No if you want to bet something more realistic, I'll bet you he does better numbers than what he put up last season. You obviously think he won't since you admitted you'd base your decision to release him in 2019 off of what he did in 2017 and would ignore 2018.

sigh I see you've gone back to your old ways. So sad.
Deuce

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:29 pm

Deuce wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

I've actually moved on from bets but you wanted to make one. I offered you a realistic bet, not one based off of a projection. A realistic bet would be whether or not Djax does better this season than he did the last. Do you accept or not?
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:34 pm

PetePierson wrote:Galloway was pretty productive in Tampa (with some God awful QBs). Too lazy to look it up but thought he was close to age DJax was now. If he and Winston can get on same page, he's worth his salary next season.

IIRC Galloway was much older but the point stands. Speedy WRs in their 30s still offer a lot. Often times they develop their craft to compensate for what they may have lost in terms of speed. I don't feel as if Galloway or Djax ever really got slower though. The Desean Jackson today is a MUCH more refined and smarter player than he was in Philly. His routes are a lot better and he uses his speed for more than just running by receivers. I have a hard time believing he can't be productive with a talented QB like Jameis Winston throwing him the ball.
Bootz2004

Postby Deuce » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:50 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Deuce wrote:

I've actually moved on from bets but you wanted to make one. I offered you a realistic bet, not one based off of a projection. A realistic bet would be whether or not Djax does better this season than he did the last. Do you accept or not?

Starting now until the end of the season?
Deuce

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:51 pm

I don't think there is any animosity between Djax and Jameis. They seem to get along and have the same goal. I've been very impressed with how Djax has carried himself as a Buccaneer, especially in 2018.

Djax was obviously frustrated with is production in 2017. Jameis and even Koetter echoed that same sentiment. Imo Jameis and Djax worked on that this offseason and in the limited action we saw in the preseason and TC I think they were making progress.

Djax's production has been better with Fitz (both last season and this year) than it was with Jameis last season, so it's not surprising that Djax would not be advocating to rush Winston back when the team was 2-0 and Djax was the leading WR in the first 2 weeks.

But I feel these two will work it out on the field and Winston will get him the rock and all will be well. Djax is on pace for a terrific season and I predict that will continue over the last 12 games assuming he stays healthy.

Come 2019 Djax could be a cap casualty. We'll see. What he offers to an offense is difficult to find/replace and really opens up the field for larger windows the other receivers take advantage of.
DreadNaught

Postby Deuce » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:53 pm

DreadNaught wrote:I don't think there is any animosity between Djax and Jameis. They seem to get along and have the same goal. I've been very impressed with how Djax has carried himself as a Buccaneer, especially in 2018.

Djax was obviously frustrated with is production in 2017. Jameis and even Koetter echoed that same sentiment. Imo Jameis and Djax worked on that this offseason and in the limited action we saw in the preseason and TC I think they were making progress.

Djax's production has been better with Fitz (both last season and this year) than it was with Jameis last season, so it's not surprising that Djax would not be advocating to rush Winston back when the team was 2-0 and Djax was the leading WR in the first 2 weeks.

But I feel these two will work it out on the field and Winston will get him the rock and all will be well. Djax is on pace for a terrific season and I predict that will continue over the last 12 games assuming he stays healthy.

Come 2019 Djax could be a cap casualty. We'll see. What he offers to an offense is difficult to find/replace and really opens up the field for larger windows the other receivers take advantage of.

For all I know, this could be true. But what are you basing it on?
Deuce

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:42 pm

Deuce wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:I don't think there is any animosity between Djax and Jameis. They seem to get along and have the same goal. I've been very impressed with how Djax has carried himself as a Buccaneer, especially in 2018.

For all I know, this could be true. But what are you basing it on?

They hang out off the field and Djax was very supportive when the news of the suspension came out. Just little tidbits like that that make me think they have a better relationship then people are making it seem.

I get their 'working relationship' wasn't as productive has they or anyone else wanted in 2017. But you got work through stuff like that and I'm sure they did. I just don't buy into the idea they don't like one another simply b/c Winston missed him on some deep balls in their first season together.
DreadNaught

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:53 pm

He's averaging 106 yards per game right now. How much you wanna bet he doesn't average more than 55 yards per game for the rest of the season?
beardmcdoug

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:07 pm

Deuce wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Starting now until the end of the season?

Why starting now? Too afraid?
Bootz2004

Postby NYBF » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:13 pm

I don't do bets, but how about this bet?

:roll:
NYBF

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:18 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:

He's averaging 106 yards per game right now. How much you wanna bet he doesn't average more than 55 yards per game for the rest of the season?

Sure. We'll base a "game" on atleast him being healthy and active for atleast a half if that is ok?

Name the stakes gayboi!! :D
DreadNaught

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:27 pm

I love how Deuce and Beard can only make a bet on Djax if they exclude the 1st 4 games of production lol. Kind of invalidates their claims. Well Deuce's claim at least.
Bootz2004

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:30 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:I love how Deuce and Beard can only make a bet on Djax if they exclude the 1st 4 games of production lol. Kind of invalidates their claims. Well Deuce's claim at least.

u god damn numb nuts, the whole premise of my argument is that DJax and Winston's chemistry sucks. so I made a bet that, from here on out, catching passes from Jameis, his production is going to be roughly cut in half, compared to his production catching passes from Fitz - how the **** is this so complex to you?
beardmcdoug

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:32 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:I love how Deuce and Beard can only make a bet on Djax if they exclude the 1st 4 games of production lol. Kind of invalidates their claims. Well Deuce's claim at least.

u god damn numb nuts, the whole premise of my argument is that DJax and Winston's chemistry sucks. so I made a bet that, from here on out, catching passes from Jameis, his production is going to be roughly cut in half, compared to his production catching passes from Fitz - how the **** is this so complex to you?

What are we betting you godforsaken Jameis hater? :P
DreadNaught

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:34 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:

Sure. We'll base a "game" on atleast him being healthy and active for atleast a half if that is ok?

Name the stakes gayboi!! :D

BOAH U DUN DUN IT

avatar bet - 1 month - pic of your/my choice

beardmcdoug

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:37 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:

LMAO! How lofty of you...A guys current YPG average of 106 is going to be cut down. You know what Djax averages per game over his 11 year career? 68 YPG, which is a little more than half of 106. But keep by all means, continue to enlighten us
Bootz2004

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions