So If Fitz goes 3-0

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: So If Fitz goes 3-0

Postby Patrick McIrish » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:20 pm

Deuce wrote:As long as we're admitting that the difference is because of something other than what happened on the field, my point is made.

EXACTLY!!! Winston has just dominated with his on the field play!!!!!

It's got to be personal if fans want the NFL's passing leader to play instead of a kid with an 18-27 record!!!

Great take Deuce.

Sigh. :roll: :roll:
Patrick McIrish

Postby Patrick McIrish » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:23 pm

Allow me to play spoiler here....

The fans that want the leading passer in the NFL to get another start are simply those that understand the game of football.

Not about UBER, race, or free crab legs, the people that believe Fitz has earned a week 4 start are simply more knowledgeable than the others.

We move on.
Patrick McIrish

Postby viva la Reagan » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:26 pm

Super K wrote:Yo, Reagan...

English motherfucker, do you speak it?!?

Your words are hurtin my head...

are you asking me to dumb it down for you? :D
viva la Reagan

Postby sanka » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:36 pm

The media knows who Fitztragic is...they don't care about the Bucs..they just Winston out of league.
"History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon
sanka

Postby Deuce » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:55 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Deuce wrote:
As long as we're admitting that the difference is because of something other than what happened on the field, my point is made.

Is Fitz really being praised for last nights performance? It was a Jekyll and Hyde night from him. Tremendous plays and tremendous mistakes. Very Jameis like ironically. And I guarantee you the Jameis homers would be barking this morning how none of those 3 interceptions were his fault (2 were deflected, and 1 was the Evans throw where Evans deviated from his route as he though Fitz was scrambling).

That's basically my whole point. It was a very Jameis-like game. If people don't like Winston because of other stuff, that's cool. Just say so. But don't tell me that Fitz should start because Evans ran the wrong route, Godwin dropped passes, Dotson missed a block, our defense didn't stop them and Fitz was amazing. He wasn't. He threw the picks. He gave Pittsburgh a TD and a short field. He couldn't throw for a first down with 3 minutes left. Most here besides the adamant Jameis/FSU homers would never put this much effort into explaining why Winston wasn't to blame, everyone else was.
Deuce

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:58 pm

Deuce wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Is Fitz really being praised for last nights performance? It was a Jekyll and Hyde night from him. Tremendous plays and tremendous mistakes. Very Jameis like ironically. And I guarantee you the Jameis homers would be barking this morning how none of those 3 interceptions were his fault (2 were deflected, and 1 was the Evans throw where Evans deviated from his route as he though Fitz was scrambling).

That's basically my whole point. It was a very Jameis-like game. If people don't like Winston because of other stuff, that's cool. Just say so. But don't tell me that Fitz should start because Evans ran the wrong route, Godwin dropped passes, Dotson missed a block, our defense didn't stop them and Fitz was amazing. He wasn't. He threw the picks. He gave Pittsburgh a TD and a short field. He couldn't throw for a first down with 3 minutes left. Most here besides the adamant Jameis/FSU homers would never put this much effort into explaining why Winston wasn't to blame, everyone else was.

QFT. Just keep it real.
Bootz2004

Postby MJW » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:03 am

Deuce wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Is Fitz really being praised for last nights performance? It was a Jekyll and Hyde night from him. Tremendous plays and tremendous mistakes. Very Jameis like ironically. And I guarantee you the Jameis homers would be barking this morning how none of those 3 interceptions were his fault (2 were deflected, and 1 was the Evans throw where Evans deviated from his route as he though Fitz was scrambling).

This is completely reasonable and I can't disagree.

Fitz's game was basically what we've come to expect from Jameis. Some brilliance, some boneheaded moments, a chance to win, and not quite to overcome the mistakes.

At the same time, maybe it should tell us something that one guy has played for seven teams and the other guy is being talked about as a $130 million dollar franchise quarterback. And that's before we talk about "the other stuff."
MJW

Postby acmillis » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:08 am

MJW wrote:
Deuce wrote:

Fitz's game was basically what we've come to expect from Jameis. Some brilliance, some boneheaded moments, a chance to win, and not quite to overcome the mistakes.

At the same time, maybe it should tell us something that one guy has played for seven teams and the other guy is being talked about as a $130 million dollar franchise quarterback. And that's before we talk about "the other stuff."

QFT. Just keep it real.
acmillis

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:28 am

Who would have thought that seeing a few thousand fake beards would make Fitz insecure.
mdb1958

Postby Deuce » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:14 am

MJW wrote:
Deuce wrote:

Well, fine, let's talk about the other stuff. Sure, Fitz is playing great but he's done this a number of times and always regressed into a pick-throwing machine. Yeah, he's playing great but he's also 35. There are 1, maybe 2 examples of journeyman QB's having career years in their late 30's. He considered retirement after his last season with the Jets. Nevermind that he was signed to back up Jameis and there was no mention of a QB controversy during any training camp, including this year.

Again, yeah, I know, off-the-field stuff. I have to caveat every damn post with it. But let's not pretend these guys are on equal career footing.

btw, have you heard of a concept called sample size?
Deuce

Postby MJW » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:01 am

Deuce wrote:
MJW wrote:

Well, fine, let's talk about the other stuff. Sure, Fitz is playing great but he's done this a number of times and always regressed into a pick-throwing machine. Yeah, he's playing great but he's also 35. There are 1, maybe 2 examples of journeyman QB's having career years in their late 30's. He considered retirement after his last season with the Jets. Nevermind that he was signed to back up Jameis and there was no mention of a QB controversy during any training camp, including this year.

Again, yeah, I know, off-the-field stuff. I have to caveat every damn post with it. But let's not pretend these guys are on equal career footing.

Fitz's inconsistency is IMHO the only good argument to bench him. The trouble is, the guy he'd be benched for has had his career defined as much by inconsistency as anything else. To this point, Fitz's inconsistency has yielded 1 bad quarter out of 12 this season, and he almost overcame it.

His age? Don't care. Nobody is talking about giving him a 7 year extension. Unless there's evidence his age is going to torpedo us over the next 3 months, it's a banal talking point.

I don't know what "equal career footing" is or why it's relevant to the next 13 or so games.

I do know what Sample Size is. Again, when it becomes relevant to those 13 games, I'll be interested in talking about it.

We have two inconsistent quarterbacks. One of them is more talented than the other. The other one is playing at a higher level than the first one has managed in his career. He's producing at a level that is literally historic. He's running the offense beautifully (not quite flawlessly, but beautifully.)

Benching that guy should not be an option until something changes.
MJW

Postby Moozician » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:12 am

Jason Bourne wrote:
PetePierson wrote:Not sure why you're swinging from Manu's sack. The fatty hasn't played any sort of meaningful football going on 9 months.

You're too old to be a fanboy.
Please, be better.

Vita will most likely be a pro bowl player , don’t be a dumbass.
It’s more about recognizing talent and the fact it takes 2and 3 people to block him

Well, right now, it's not taking ANYONE to block him...
Moozician

Postby Patrick McIrish » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:24 am

MJW wrote:
Deuce wrote:

Fitz's inconsistency is IMHO the only good argument to bench him. The trouble is, the guy he'd be benched for has had his career defined as much by inconsistency as anything else. To this point, Fitz's inconsistency has yielded 1 bad quarter out of 12 this season, and he almost overcame it.

His age? Don't care. Nobody is talking about giving him a 7 year extension. Unless there's evidence his age is going to torpedo us over the next 3 months, it's a banal talking point.

I don't know what "equal career footing" is or why it's relevant to the next 13 or so games.

I do know what Sample Size is. Again, when it becomes relevant to those 13 games, I'll be interested in talking about it.

We have two inconsistent quarterbacks. One of them is more talented than the other. The other one is playing at a higher level than the first one has managed in his career. He's producing at a level that is literally historic. He's running the offense beautifully (not quite flawlessly, but beautifully.)

Benching that guy should not be an option until something changes.

Excellent post Ms Watson.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Caradoc » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:16 pm

Deuce wrote:
MJW wrote:

You do realize that you are posting in a pre-camp thread about a hypothetical QB controversy, right? :lol:

Besides, people are making two different “starting Fitz” arguments here that keep getting conflated:
1) Fitz should be named the starter for as long as he has the hot hand (which was the original premise of the thread)
Or
2) Fitz should be a placeholder playing week 4 so Jameis doesn’t have to come in cold, and start Jameis after the bye.

Both are separate but people don’t specify what they are arguing for in every post so it gets confusing
Caradoc

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:35 pm

I'm sure this has been posted and I didn't look for it, but Louis Riddick said both Mike Evans and Desean Jackson want Fitz to start this week and beyond. He said it was both support and happiness of Fitz and a bit of indictment of Jameis. Riddick in the past has a pretty good connection inside the Bucs.
uscbucsfan

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:57 pm

#Bucs coach Dirk Koetter remained steadfast Friday in his refusal to publicly name a starting QB for Sunday's game, but until there is a change in Ryan Fitzpatrick's performance, ALL indications are he will continue to be QB1 over Jameis Winston

Hmm ...
Jason Bourne

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:02 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:#Bucs coach Dirk Koetter remained steadfast Friday in his refusal to publicly name a starting QB for Sunday's game, but until there is a change in Ryan Fitzpatrick's performance, ALL indications are he will continue to be QB1 over Jameis Winston

Hmm ...

Ready to transition during the game if need be, but will not undercut Fitz publicly or entertain the idea that TB will be anything less than dominant offensively with the media.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:03 pm

Fitz is the obvious choice but it’s all speculation. And one cannot deny that we are winning with the big pass play, and Fitz is simply more accurate on deep balls than shame is.
real bucs fan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:03 pm

real bucs fan wrote:Fitz is the obvious choice but it’s all speculation. And one cannot deny that we are winning with the big pass play, and Fitz is simply more accurate on deep balls than shame is.

Freudian slip
Mountaineer Buc

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:06 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Fitz is the obvious choice but it’s all speculation. And one cannot deny that we are winning with the big pass play, and Fitz is simply more accurate on deep balls than shame is.

Freudian slip

lol that was pure autocorrect but Shameis could be the new nickname haha
real bucs fan

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:17 pm

We're also losing due to Fitz turnovers and one cannot deny Fitz turns it over more.
Bootz2004

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:27 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:

We're also losing due to Fitz turnovers and one cannot deny Fitz turns it over more.

I bet the numbers are pretty close on that.
real bucs fan

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:39 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Not at all. Fitz for his career averages better than a pick per game.
Bootz2004

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:42 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:

Losing ? That’s plural . Please use proper grammar kid. WE lost one game , that’s singular .
Oline missed assignments help lose the one game.
Jason Bourne

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:45 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Losing ? That’s plural . Please use proper grammar kid. WE lost one game , that’s singular .

Result of our most recent game was what again?
Oline blocking, Receivers making plays helped win the 2 games.
Bootz2004

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:48 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:

Exactly my point , if our wrs (Godwin)and Oline played better we would of won . And Fitz had a bad first half as well . 2nd half he was really good tho.
Jason Bourne

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:50 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

It’s a larger difference than you’d think. Fitz throws an interception on 3.4% of his pass attempts. Jameis throws interceptions on 2.8% of his pass attempts. For perspective these are career interception percentages in the NFCS.

Drew Brees - 2.4%
Cam Newton - 2.7%
Matt Ryan - 2.2%
PrimeMinister

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:53 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:I bet the numbers are pretty close on that.

It’s a larger difference than you’d think. Fitz throws an interception on 3.4% of his pass attempts. Jameis throws interceptions on 2.8% of his pass attempts. For perspective these are career interception percentages in the NFCS.

Drew Brees - 2.4%
Cam Newton - 2.7%
Matt Ryan - 2.2%

Jameis with his fumbles averages more turnovers per game, but it doesn't matter. Neither are good historically at protecting the ball.
uscbucsfan

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:55 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Exactly my point , if our wrs (Godwin)and Oline played better we would of won . And Fitz had a bad first half as well . 2nd half he was really good tho.

Yea it’s totally the WRs and Oline’s fault they couldn’t overcome the QBs bad play.
Fitz played good the 2nd half, but Evans and Godwin and Howard were better. Tells me Fitz is a beneficiary of the talent and play of the guys around him. Not the other way around.
Bootz2004

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:57 pm

Hey Bootz,

If Riddick is correct that Evans and Jackson are lobbying for Fitz to remain the starter does that change anything for you?

Not as a make believe coach, just your perspective as a fan.

Edit: this is what if, not debating the quality of his insider info.
uscbucsfan

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions