So If Fitz goes 3-0

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: So If Fitz goes 3-0

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:59 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:
This. AND I truly believe Jameis OWES the Bucs for two things: Taking a chance on his issues self by taking him #1 in the draft (yeah I know if we didn’t the titans would have but still) and allowing him to remain part of this franchise in spite of him giving them more than one reason not to. Having said that he should be Fitz’s Biggest supporter and be the leader in a way he really hasn’t been so far. If there was EVER a time for this man to keep his mouth shut (unless he is singing Fitz’s praises) and step up and be a team player, it is now. I want to see him on the sidelines congratulating Fitz all night long. And for now, THAT is his most important job for this team.

LMAO! Wait! So you're saying he should shut up, cheer Fitz on, and not play until the Bucs tell him he can and ONLY for the Bucs??! Meanwhile, he should be thankful they took him #1 and ALLOWED him to remain here?? WTF is this, slavery??

You just can’t help yourself can you?
Babeinbucland

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:02 pm

Teitan wrote:If we win a Super Bowl with Fitz this year, you motherfuckers will still be bickering.

:lol: :lol: :lol: well it is the Bucs board after all
Babeinbucland

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:05 pm

Deuce wrote:
MJW wrote:
I'd like Winston a lot more if we didn't have so many playmakers and we really NEEDED his flair. All we need is a QB who can consistently put the ball in their hands. Our QB isn't going out there trying to build a passing game with Reidel Anthony and Jacquez Green and Dave Moore. We have one of the league's best wide receivers, one of the league's best deep threats, a rising star in Godwin, arguably the most physically gifted TE in the game not named "Gronk" right now, and even Hump and Brate would be starting most places. We just need to figure out which guy is drawing the least attention any given snap and get the ball to him somewhere he can catch it.

That's why, while I'm sure Fitz will settle down a bit, I don't think he's going to fall apart like some do. He gets this. He's not performing miracles. The line holds up, the defense has to single-cover someone, and he finds them. The line doesn't hold up, he doesn't try to force anything because he knows he'll get another single-coverage opportunity in 45 seconds. It's not complicated when this is makeup of your offense.

Except that we saw Fitz last year in this offense. He wasn't this guy.

And in all fairness, either was Winston
Babeinbucland

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:12 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
Deuce wrote:
Except that we saw Fitz last year in this offense. He wasn't this guy.

But he did play well last year. Especially late in the year.
Bootz2004

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:13 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:

Yeah and remind me how many ‘W’’s he ate
Babeinbucland

Postby DanTurksGhost » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:14 pm

I would contend that this is a different offense with Monk calling the plays. I think that's why all of our QB's looked better than before during the pre-season. Anyhow... off to RayJay! Let's play some football!
DanTurksGhost

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:15 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Remind me how many leads this defense blew last year. I guess in the ultimate team game, your defense doesn't matter a bit....
Bootz2004

Postby MJW » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:17 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:

Remind me how many leads this defense blew last year. I guess in the ultimate team game, your defense doesn't matter a bit....

Yeah, they've been lights-out for Fitzpatrick. ;)
MJW

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:23 pm

MJW wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

lol
Babeinbucland

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:25 pm

DanTurksGhost wrote:I would contend that this is a different offense with Monk calling the plays. I think that's why all of our QB's looked better than before during the pre-season. Anyhow... off to RayJay! Let's play some football!

We're running the same plays we've always run under Koetter. It's no different. I think too much has been made about this. What is different is the level of execution. Pass protection is very good. Receivers are running full speed, gaining seperation. The passing game is on another level now. The offense as a whole is not. The running game is basically nonexistent outside of a handful of nice runs. We'll have to find a balance as the season goes on.
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:27 pm

MJW wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

It's as if you didn't watch last season. We won some games where the defense didn't hold up well, we lost some games they didn't. Lost more than we had won. If you're implying it didn't play a factor in our season then you're proving your agenda against Winston.
Bootz2004

Postby Deja Entendu » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:41 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
DanTurksGhost wrote:I would contend that this is a different offense with Monk calling the plays. I think that's why all of our QB's looked better than before during the pre-season. Anyhow... off to RayJay! Let's play some football!

We're running the same plays we've always run under Koetter. It's no different. I think too much has been made about this. What is different is the level of execution. Pass protection is very good. Receivers are running full speed, gaining seperation. The passing game is on another level now. The offense as a whole is not. The running game is basically nonexistent outside of a handful of nice runs. We'll have to find a balance as the season goes on.

I agree with this. Way too much was made of the play calling last year and its carrying over. Execution is hands down the biggest difference... it's fueling their confidence too.
Deja Entendu

Postby Cheb » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:46 pm

PetePierson wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
No one is hating on him. We just know who he is. You even admit yourself that you're halfway expecting him to come back down to earth sooner rather than later. I feel we can avoid getting caught up in the "FitzMagic" by not relying on him longer than we have to. I hope he goes out there, plays flawlessly and we win. But that doesn't mean it'll happen or that it's likely.

It was either you or another poster who asked the best or most poignant
question in this thread; when is the right time to make the switch?

I had to answer this question last year when my team was in a similar predicament. More than a few times. Hold on. Lemme get into character.

*adjusts sunglasses*
*checks his watch*
*dusts off the top of the podium*

Thank you for the question. I know you're going to hate me for this answer. I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers with coach speak, just gonna say what we think is true.

We will make the change when we're ready, if we make a change at all.

You see, it's not just a matter of availability. We understand that our former starter is coming back. We like him alot. That's why he was a starter for us in the first place, because we like his skillset and how he fits onto our team. But just because a player is now available doesn't mean that he's the best available at this time.

He hasn't practiced for weeks. His timing may be off with the rest of the guys. Conditioning probably will be a bit rusty as well; not a ding on him, just a likelihood. We have to see how he plays in practice, how he gels with the team. Some guys can return from injury or another leave of absence, and it's like they haven't missed a moment. A rare few actually are markedly better than they were before they left. Others come back and they're just never quite the same guy as they were before. Maybe it's mental, maybe it's physical, maybe it's a bit of both. My point is that I'm not going to make a promise about who starts where without properly evaluating the state of the team and the state of the players on our team.

Let's talk about our backup. We like him alot too. There's a reason that he won the number two job in training camp. He's smart, he's capable, and he spins a pretty ball. He's won us some games. Actually he's undefeated this year. Alot of teams would love to have him taking snaps for their offense. He's done nothing to lose his job. Quite the opposite.

There's a dictomy in team management that makes no sense, because there are two usually accepted truths that are in opposition. The first truth is that a guy shouldn't lose his job due to injury or otherwise being away from the team; basically that he should keep his starting spot so long as he isn't underperforming on the field. The second truth is that every job is always in competition, because this is a hyper competitive sport and we are a hyper competitive team. On this team, we believe in the second truth more than the first. If a player who was a backup gets into the game in a starting role, through injury or otherwise, and he's so good that he is winning us football games singlehandedly, then absolutely he's going to stay in the game. We will not punish our backups for excelling. On this team, we reward them. Not only because it's right, but because playing great players is the best way to win games.

Now that doesn't mean that our backup is now our annointed starter. Nor does it mean that our former starter is now our backup. What it means is that these guys are going to compete in practice ferociously, and my former starter has to prove that he is a better football player than his former backup. He did it once during training camp already. If he does it again, then he gets his job back. If not, then he is now the new backup. And that's not a knock on him. It's just that the competition has been elevated, and we expect him to rise to the occasion. The man who we feel will give us the best chance to win will play, and that's because he's proven his dominance in practice.

What I want these young men to understand, and for you to understand, is that they are both on the same team. Striving towards the same goals. We all want to win. That's why we are here. To win championships as a family. All it takes is one illness, one injury, and either player could be The Guy on game day. And I fully expect them to support one another for the betterment of the team, just like I expect them to support the decision of the coaching staff as far as who gets the starting nod. It's a long season and this is a tough conference. We're going to need them both.

Next question.
Last edited by Cheb on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheb

Postby Seamen » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:47 pm

Per Whitfield

All month @Jaboowins led a team of former & recently cut NFL players thru the Buccaneers exact regime including early morning film sessions, walk thrus, 20+ period practices. All done at the exact time of day the Bucs would go.
Seamen

Postby PetePierson » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:54 pm

Oh Cheb, totally just read that in British accent thanks to previous thread comments.
PetePierson

Postby Rocker » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:58 pm

Cheb wrote:Next question.

“Hey, Coach - what part of that outfit is actually yours?”
Rocker

Postby Cheb » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:10 pm

Rocker wrote:
Cheb wrote:Next question.

Who is to say that anything is truly our own?

If I buy a shirt, I wear it until it no longer serves its purpose. One day it gets a rip that's too big to repair or a stain that's too intense or it gets shrunk to obscurity or it just frays to oblivion. And then I donate it or throw it away, so it is no longer in my possession. What never was mine becomes mine for a time, then it becomes not mine again.

I don't own anything. I'm merely a caretaker for a certain period of time.

#havefunduringinterviews
Cheb

Postby Rocker » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:11 pm

Cheb wrote:
Rocker wrote:

Who is to say that anything is truly our own?

If I buy a shirt, I wear it until it no longer serves its purpose. One day it gets a rip that's too big to repair or a stain that's too intense or it gets shrunk to obscurity or it just frays to oblivion. And then I donate it or throw it away, so it is no longer in my possession. What never was mine becomes mine for a time, then it becomes not mine again.

I don't own anything. I'm merely a caretaker for a certain period of time.

#havefunduringinterviews

This guy doesn’t me me.
Rocker

Postby Nano » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:14 pm

"I think Coach is rambling again."
Nano

Postby Cheb » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:02 pm

Nano wrote:"I think Coach is rambling again."

The best way to avoid future silly questions is to answer the current silly question in such a way that the asker never wants to hear your answer to a silly question ever again.

#mediatips
Cheb

Postby Doctor » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:00 pm

Seamen wrote:Per Whitfield

All month @Jaboowins led a team of former & recently cut NFL players thru the Buccaneers exact regime including early morning film sessions, walk thrus, 20+ period practices. All done at the exact time of day the Bucs would go.

That's awesome to hear.
Doctor

Postby Crocaneers » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:12 pm

Does it matter?

Ryan Fitzpatrick is the first player in NFL history to throw for 400+ yards in three consecutive games.

Crocaneers

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:13 pm

Crocaneers wrote:Does it matter?

Ryan Fitzpatrick is the first player in NFL history to throw for 400+ yards in three consecutive games.

Good for him
Bootz2004

Postby Patrick McIrish » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:58 am

Crocaneers wrote:Does it matter?

And if we don't something with our DC we will have to keep throwing for 400 a game.

Nice to see a piece of history made by one of our own.

Props to the Magic Man.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Patrick McIrish » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:06 am

The question we should all ask ourselves "am I a Winston/Fitz fan, or am I a Buc fan?"

I'm a Buc fan.

If Winston has us 2-1, three straight 400 yard games I am defending him right now to the end.....

If you're bashing Fitz but would be thrilled Winston did the same you aren't a Buc fan, you're a casual that is a Jameis fan instead.

Pulling Fitz right now would be the next step in a long and embarrassing history as a football franchise.

I'm a Buc's fan, QB's come and go.

Winston's day is coming, hopefully not next week.

We move on.
Patrick McIrish

Postby mightyleemoon » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:56 am

I'd say Fitz has earned the week that JW will likely need to get back in sync with his team. In all honesty, he's still playing better than JW's averages, but he looked much less magic last night than the first two games. But, I'd rather not throw the kid out into his first game with only a handful of practices. He'll need at least a little bit of timing and rhythm with his guys. Get JW to start watching some Atlanta tape and start getting him ready for that game.
mightyleemoon

Postby DonkeyHunter » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:42 am

Patrick McIrish wrote:The question we should all ask ourselves "am I a Winston/Fitz fan, or am I a Buc fan?"

I'm a Buc fan.

If Winston has us 2-1, three straight 400 yard games I am defending him right now to the end.....

If you're bashing Fitz but would be thrilled Winston did the same you aren't a Buc fan, you're a casual that is a Jameis fan instead.

Pulling Fitz right now would be the next step in a long and embarrassing history as a football franchise.

I'm a Buc's fan, QB's come and go.

Winston's day is coming, hopefully not next week.

We move on.

Well said.

My guess is Fitz gets the start Sunday.

If not, how could you not be impressed (and happy) with what he did?

The benchmark has been set.
DonkeyHunter

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:14 am

Its like Bootz has donated 5 new $20,000 dollar spotlights to be put on Winston!

I sure hope it works out. The Bucs are my team and I want us to do what we gotta do and go where we wanna go.
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:17 am

If not, I got a dollar he will redirect to all other aspects of the team.
mdb1958

Postby Ken Carson » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:38 am

Can anyone name a pass downfield last night that hit our receiver instride? Don’t think it happened more than once. Fitz got yards because our guys made great catch after great tough catch. Accuracy was a major issue last night.
Ken Carson

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions