So If Fitz goes 3-0

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Just for boredom relief in the off season

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:28 pm

Buc2 wrote:Put this in the wrong thread (too many Winston threads!). Deleted it and posting it here instead.

All hypothetical bullshit aside, while I didn't want us to draft a QB with that #1 overall pick in 2015 (I was in the trade back camp), we did. So I'll be damned if I'm ready to give up on a promising, and very talented, 24 year old QB with maturity issues that still has a year plus an option year left on his contract to boot.

I watched Fitz play last year. Sorry. No thanks. I don't give a **** what he does this September. Even if he gets lucky and wins all 3 games, it's still only 3 games of a long career filled with proven mediocrity. Like it or not, I go with the young gun and do what I have to do to try and make his immature ass grow the **** up. In light of the present circumstances this young man now finds himself embroiled in, perhaps he already has.

So... No to Fitz. No to Griffin. That's where I'm at right now. Dude hasn't been found guilty or prosecuted for anything and people want him gone because of "feelings"? Well, **** your "feelings". Sorry, but this is football. Not a church choir.

I should've just let Buc2 do all the talking. This is the truth here.
Bootz2004

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:21 pm

Buc2 wrote:Put this in the wrong thread (too many Winston threads!). Deleted it and posting it here instead.

All hypothetical bullshit aside, while I didn't want us to draft a QB with that #1 overall pick in 2015 (I was in the trade back camp), we did. So I'll be damned if I'm ready to give up on a promising, and very talented, 24 year old QB with maturity issues that still has a year plus an option year left on his contract to boot.

I watched Fitz play last year. Sorry. No thanks. I don't give a **** what he does this September. Even if he gets lucky and wins all 3 games, it's still only 3 games of a long career filled with proven mediocrity. Like it or not, I go with the young gun and do what I have to do to try and make his immature ass grow the **** up. In light of the present circumstances this young man now finds himself embroiled in, perhaps he already has.

So... No to Fitz. No to Griffin. That's where I'm at right now. Dude hasn't been found guilty or prosecuted for anything and people want him gone because of "feelings"? Well, **** your "feelings". Sorry, but this is football. Not a church choir.

This is the gospel.
PrimeMinister

Postby Caradoc » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:01 pm

And it's why this is a ****ing retarded thread. Fitz is never the starter when Winston is available, and never will be. He has no future.

This is a GottaJaboo, PMI quality thread.
Caradoc

Postby Babeinbucland » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:01 pm

Caradoc wrote:And it's why this is a ****ing retarded thread. Fitz is never the starter when Winston is available, and never will be. He has no future.

This is a GottaJaboo, PMI quality thread.

And yet,somehow, you cannot resist reading it. And yet, somehow, you cannot resist posting in it. Hmmmmm lmao
Babeinbucland

Postby Crocaneers » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:02 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
Crocaneers wrote:Please see Scott Mitchell for any questions

Hey sweetie, hope you are doing welll~

Doin' great babe ... hope you and yours are as well
Crocaneers

Postby Babeinbucland » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:13 pm

Crocaneers wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:Hey sweetie, hope you are doing welll~

Doin' great babe ... hope you and yours are as well

Glad to here it ... things are good here :)
Babeinbucland

Postby *tgp* » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:18 pm

Is this considered "Bootzing"?

In one post he talks about Fitz being in the league forever and the next claiming that he's not a good QB.

Doesn't really jive.
*tgp*

Postby Super K » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:03 pm

*tgp* wrote:Is this considered "Bootzing"?

In one post he talks about Fitz being in the league forever and the next claiming that he's not a good QB.

Doesn't really jive.

Why do you care so much about it?

The slang/term came from folks whom have bantered back and forth with him for years...

Instead of rolling in lookin to kick someone in the nuts, why don't you create some dialogue...
Super K

Postby Doctor » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:28 pm

So what if it's short-sighted? The NFL is short lived. Look at what the Vikings did with their QBs. Maybe we ride Fitz to 7-1 before cooling off to 8-4 and switching back. Who cares. Get the wins when you can. Maybe Fitz has the year of his life. Maybe this defense is legit enough to carry that to a superbowl. There's so much you just don't know. But I know you don't walk away from winning. Plus, it's not like OBP isn't going to get an extensive look at Winston up until his suspension. If he has a poor pre-season or another off field issue you bet your ass DK and JL will be looking to create some distance and show they can win without him as much as possible to get another shot at another QB. That's the only way you survive drafting a bust QB that high, ala Jay Gruden.

But all of this is bet on a very farfetched premise that Fitz goes 3-0.
Doctor

Postby Babeinbucland » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:30 pm

Doctor wrote:So what if it's short-sighted? The NFL is short lived. Look at what the Vikings did with their QBs. Maybe we ride Fitz to 7-1 before cooling off to 8-4 and switching back. Who cares. Get the wins when you can. Maybe Fitz has the year of his life. Maybe this defense is legit enough to carry that to a superbowl. There's so much you just don't know. But I know you don't walk away from winning. Plus, it's not like OBP isn't going to get an extensive look at Winston up until his suspension. If he has a poor pre-season or another off field issue you bet your ass DK and JL will be looking to create some distance and show they can win without him as much as possible to get another shot at another QB. That's the only way you survive drafting a bust QB that high, ala Jay Gruden.

Exceedingly far fetched. And just to keep things really interesting what if it is Griffin that wins the “back-up” postion and is able to pull off 3-0. I remember when everyone was laughing at Kurt Warner coming into the NFL
Babeinbucland

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:36 pm

Doctor wrote:So what if it's short-sighted? The NFL is short lived. Look at what the Vikings did with their QBs. Maybe we ride Fitz to 7-1 before cooling off to 8-4 and switching back. Who cares. Get the wins when you can. Maybe Fitz has the year of his life. Maybe this defense is legit enough to carry that to a superbowl. There's so much you just don't know. But I know you don't walk away from winning. Plus, it's not like OBP isn't going to get an extensive look at Winston up until his suspension. If he has a poor pre-season or another off field issue you bet your ass DK and JL will be looking to create some distance and show they can win without him as much as possible to get another shot at another QB. That's the only way you survive drafting a bust QB that high, ala Jay Gruden.

Except 3 games is not nearly enough to make any decision on Ryan Fitzpatrick being a season long better option. Outside of an arrest for an entirely new circumstance, Licht and Dirk know that Winston is their best chance to win this season. No GM & head coach with a brain is going to put their eggs in the Ryan Fitzpatrick basket. Only idiot casual fans believe this is even a possibility.
Bootz2004

Postby BucJordan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:45 am

This won't happen, but if by some miracle it did I could see staying with Fitz for Week 4, both as a message to Jameis and so he gets the bye week to get back up to speed before we throw him out there in Week 6.
BucJordan

Postby MJW » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:11 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:

Except 3 games is not nearly enough to make any decision on Ryan Fitzpatrick being a season long better option. Outside of an arrest for an entirely new circumstance, Licht and Dirk know that Winston is their best chance to win this season. No GM & head coach with a brain is going to put their eggs in the Ryan Fitzpatrick basket. Only idiot casual fans believe this is even a possibility.

There's a proviso with that, though:

What if ownership wants an excuse to move on, and FItzpatrick plays well enough to give them an excuse? In other words, if the decision doesn't come from Licht and Dirk, but from the Glazer boys (and possibly, Darcie?)

Fitzpatrick playing "too good to bench" would provide them an easy out. Winston gets "RGIII In 2014'd" and spend the year on the bench. The team moves on in the offseason.

I doubt this scenario, but only "idiot casual fans" think Licht and Dirk are the final authority on what happens with Jameis.
MJW

Postby Nano » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:24 pm

I'm actually curious what the Glazers think about the whole situation. I remember one of the Glazers, Darcie I think, really had to be convinced to draft Winston(and I don't think she was even on board when the pick was made). I could see her being an opponent of re-signing Winston among Ownership(Hell, according to DTG, she nixed the Gruden talks). Can't imagine that Joel or Bryan are exactly ecstatic to have Winston as our QB right now either.
Nano

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:26 pm

MJW wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

There's a proviso with that, though:

What if ownership wants an excuse to move on, and FItzpatrick plays well enough to give them an excuse? In other words, if the decision doesn't come from Licht and Dirk, but from the Glazer boys (and possibly, Darcie?)

Fitzpatrick playing "too good to bench" would provide them an easy out. Winston gets "RGIII In 2014'd" and spend the year on the bench. The team moves on in the offseason.

I doubt this scenario, but only "idiot casual fans" think Licht and Dirk are the final authority on what happens with Jameis.

Ownership doesn't need an excuse to move on. But if they did nothing Ryan Fitzpatrick could do would give them 1 good enough. You seem to know this as you said you wished we would've gone for someone like McCarron or Bridgewater and not count on a 36 year old journeyman.

This isnt an RG3 situation. Kirk Cousins was 25 or 26 at the time and had proven himself to be a better QB than RG3 for a number of different reasons. At no point has Ryan Fitzpatrick been in the same conversation as Jameis and he won't. Also unlike Cousins, Fitzpatrick wouldn't be considered a possible future franchise QB. You're trying to hard and failing today.
Bootz2004

Postby Nano » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:36 pm

I don't think she's saying that Fitzpatrick is the future, just that maybe the Glazers can use him winning with this team as a reason that to get rid of Winston(A "We can win without his issues" mentality). I imagine in her scenario, we probably draft a QB really high next year.
Nano

Postby MJW » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:38 pm

Nano wrote:I don't think she's saying that Fitzpatrick is the future, just that maybe the Glazers can use him winning with this team as a reason that to get rid of Winston(A "We can win without his issues" mentality). I imagine in her scenario, we probably draft a QB really high next year.

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply we'd ever view Fitz as a longer term option. But if he's playing well, the Glazers could instruct Dirk to "stick with the hot hand" and then look for a new direction.

I'm not saying I expect any of this to happen. But it's important to remember that when you're talking about Winston, whether he plays, sits, gets re-signed, gets traded, gets cut, etc, is not a decision that will be made by men in polo shirts. It will be made by men in suits.
MJW

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:43 pm

Nano wrote:I don't think she's saying that Fitzpatrick is the future, just that maybe the Glazers can use him winning with this team as a reason that to get rid of Winston(A "We can win without his issues" mentality). I imagine in her scenario, we probably draft a QB really high next year.

Well if we "win" with Fitzpatrick this season we won't be drafting really high.
Bootz2004

Postby Super K » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:40 pm

MJW wrote:

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply we'd ever view Fitz as a longer term option. But if he's playing well, the Glazers could instruct Dirk to "stick with the hot hand" and then look for a new direction.

I'm not saying I expect any of this to happen. But it's important to remember that when you're talking about Winston, whether he plays, sits, gets re-signed, gets traded, gets cut, etc, is not a decision that will be made by men in polo shirts. It will be made by men in suits.

Same suits that promoted/hired Raheem, the dream, Morris to he our HC.....

So throw out any logical thinking you have (in regards to your hypothetical(s) ) ....
Super K

So If Fitz goes 3-0

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:24 pm

Sooooooo what say you at this point? 8-)
Babeinbucland

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:27 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:A hot hand is just that. Its not a consistent force. Sticking with Fitz would be an extremely short-sighted decision. Guy has been in the league 16 years now and has 1 or 2 decent seasons. You know what he is already. A 3-0 start likely does not translate into an entire seasons worth of success.

Winston on the other hand has played better in 3 seasons than Fitz has in 16. And he's still getting better. There would be absolutely ZERO benefit to sitting Winston even in the event we go 3-0 without him. Fitzpatrick is not the future.
Bootz2004

Postby doooshnzl » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:47 pm

Doctor wrote:If they were close games we go with Winston. But if they were blow outs and Fitz was sporting a 10:1 TD:INT ratio, you can't sit that.

If the queen had cohones, she’d be king.
doooshnzl

Re: So If Fitz goes 3-0

Postby DanTurksGhost » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:15 pm

I cut-and-paste my response in the other thread:

This ain't fantasy football. Jacksonville wouldn't give anything close to what Fitz is worth to US if he keeps playing very well. Again, he's a better passer than Winston and he's a better decision-maker than Winston.

And as far as week 4 goes, I don't give a **** what anyone thinks. If Fitz goes 3-0 or 2-1 and looks really good doing it, then I would ABSOLUTELY start Fitz in week four. I wouldn't even think twice about it. Jameis not playing a meaningful snap since last season? Short week? Fitz playing sharp? No, starting Jameis in that situation is a powder keg. Koetter might as well strap on a vest loaded with C4.

Fitz playing well for three weeks, Winston rusty, short week to prepare, Fitz starts. He starts to suck, Jameis can put on his cape and come into the game. If Fitz balls against the Bears D, then you get Winston ready for week five...

If you want to argue with me on this, that's absolutely cool. Just understand I won't be swayed. There are a few things in this world that are absolutes to me, and a hot-hand at QB is one of them.
DanTurksGhost

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:21 pm

Fitz just played the game of his life. We can't expect that from him for 4 consecutive weeks.

Philly is watching that tape right now and will be doing everything they can to take that long ball and scramble away and they have the personnel to do it.

Upside is Philly will respect the deep passing game which can create opportunities elsewhere. But I don't know if Fitz will be able to get 300 yards passing against the champs (puke).
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DanTurksGhost » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:29 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Fitz just played the game of his life. We can't expect that from him for 4 consecutive weeks.

Philly is watching that tape right now and will be doing everything they can to take that long ball and scramble away and they have the personnel to do it.

Upside is Philly will respect the deep passing game which can create opportunities elsewhere. But I don't know if Fitz will be able to get 300 yards passing against the champs (puke).

What I'm looking for is Fitz making the right decisions at the right time, and taking advantage of the opportunities he gets. If Philly takes away the long ball, Barber, Brate, Howard and Hump can produce. A smart QB doesn't force it.
DanTurksGhost

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:31 pm

Lot of prisoners of the moment on the board after a win.
Ken Carson

Postby PetePierson » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:32 pm

Ken Carson wrote:Lot of prisoners of the moment on the board after a win.

Same could be said of Rapey fans.
Lots of stats, turnovers & few wins.
PetePierson

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:35 pm

DanTurksGhost wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Fitz just played the game of his life. We can't expect that from him for 4 consecutive weeks.

What I'm looking for is Fitz making the right decisions at the right time, and taking advantage of the opportunities he gets. If Philly takes away the long ball, Barber, Brate, Howard and Hump can produce. A smart QB doesn't force it.

Damned right. Fitz had umpteen plays where he simply threw to the man in single coverage.

If we can get Winston to key in on those routine pitch and catch for first down plays instead of heaving into triple coverage he can slice and dice a defense and start being who we want him to be.

Hopefully, Fitz can put on a clinic next week on how to do that.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:39 pm

PetePierson wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Lot of prisoners of the moment on the board after a win.

Same could be said of Rapey fans.
Lots of stats, turnovers & few wins.

Better stats, fewer turnovers and a better winning percentage than the guy some people want to hand the reins to. Just sayin.
Ken Carson

Postby Caradoc » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:41 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:Sooooooo what say you at this point? 8-)

Nothing has changed. At all.
Caradoc

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions