Jw suspended

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Re: Jw suspended

Postby MJW » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:23 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:The comment about giving up alcohol in the statement is Winston’s admission that he did grab her by the *****. The fact that he won’t challenge is further proof of his guilt.

I hope I’m wrong but I think we will regret not drafting Rosen when we had the chance.


What does ANY of that have to do with Josh Rosen? Rosen wouldn't even be a good fit in this system.


In what way?
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8678
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 378 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby MJW » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:06 am

Here's a hypothetical/thought exercise?

OBP announces Jameis is on the block. He still has 2 years of team control (including the 5th year option), making him a relative bargain despite the suspension.

Do the Bucs get any offers?

Do they get any GOOD offers?

If you're Miami, or the Giants, or the Bengals, or even the Patriots, do you offer anything of value?

This seems like a question we keep in mind as we determine Winston's next contract.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8678
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 378 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby Nano » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:11 am

We'd get offers but they would probably suck. Like a 4th or 5th for him.
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 7474
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 256 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby Babeinbucland » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:36 am

Nano wrote:We'd get offers but they would probably suck. Like a 4th or 5th for him.


That would be true if there weren’t so many ego involved that are just absolutely sure THEY are the ones who can turn Jameis around. They believe that the Bucs are the ones who have mangled this situation because of an inexperienced HC. So I think we would quite possibly be offered a 2nd and most certainly a 3rd.
User avatar
Babeinbucland
 
Posts: 4564
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:24 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 117 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:39 am

Do you think a front office would win over a fan base by trading for Winston? I don’t think there are many fans of opposing teams who are thinking, ‘man, I wish Winston was out QB.’

Regardless, if you trade him while he is suspended you are going to take a bath and basically put the other team in a cant lose situation: they either get a star or a bust, but they paid peanuts either way.
Brazen331
 
Posts: 2855
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:25 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:57 am

Brazen331 wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
What does ANY of that have to do with Josh Rosen? Rosen wouldn't even be a good fit in this system.


What it means is we had a chance to snag arguably the best QB in the draft. I’ve watched Winston since Hueytown. I was a fan of his before he even signed his LOI, much less played for my favorite college and pro team.

At this point, I think it’s more likely that the Winston pick will be looked backed on as the move that set this franchise back not moved it ahead.

Hopefully I’m wrong but I don’t think Winston will ever grow up and mature. It’s kind of baked in the cake by now.

It looks like our future is having a 20 million dollar a year QB who could embarrass your franchise at any moment. You never know when that late night phone call is coming.

In defense of Winston, lots of men are overgrown teenagers well into their 20's. This doesn't excuse anything, but the lights can come on when things like fatherhood happen.

I'm just saying who he is now is not who he's going to be 3-5 years from now.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 13260
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 145 times
Been thanked: 634 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:20 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:
What it means is we had a chance to snag arguably the best QB in the draft. I’ve watched Winston since Hueytown. I was a fan of his before he even signed his LOI, much less played for my favorite college and pro team.

At this point, I think it’s more likely that the Winston pick will be looked backed on as the move that set this franchise back not moved it ahead.

Hopefully I’m wrong but I don’t think Winston will ever grow up and mature. It’s kind of baked in the cake by now.

It looks like our future is having a 20 million dollar a year QB who could embarrass your franchise at any moment. You never know when that late night phone call is coming.

In defense of Winston, lots of men are overgrown teenagers well into their 20's. This doesn't excuse anything, but the lights can come on when things like fatherhood happen.

I'm just saying who he is now is not who he's going to be 3-5 years from now.

Or who he was 2 years ago.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 11060
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 923 times
Been thanked: 385 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby NavyBuc » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:27 am

Nano wrote:We'd get offers but they would probably suck. Like a 4th or 5th for him.


I think they can prolly get a 2nd or 3rd for him, but would have to be during the season when a contender’s top qb goes down and they’re desperate.
NavyBuc
 
Posts: 1163
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:07 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:53 am

NavyBuc wrote:
Nano wrote:We'd get offers but they would probably suck. Like a 4th or 5th for him.


I think they can prolly get a 2nd or 3rd for him, but would have to be during the season when a contender’s top qb goes down and they’re desperate.

I think we will never find out.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 11060
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 923 times
Been thanked: 385 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:58 am

We're not trading Winston. I like hypotheticals as much as the next fan, but this aint happening.

He'll either walk in FA and we'll get a comp pick or more than likely we re-sign him.

People won't forget this situation, but a year from now it will be in the rear view and the Bucs will be negotiating a contract extension w/ Jameis.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 12781
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 528 times
Been thanked: 550 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby Deuce » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:16 am

Brazen331 wrote:Do you think a front office would win over a fan base by trading for Winston? I don’t think there are many fans of opposing teams who are thinking, ‘man, I wish Winston was out QB.’

Regardless, if you trade him while he is suspended you are going to take a bath and basically put the other team in a cant lose situation: they either get a star or a bust, but they paid peanuts either way.


I really have no clue on this and we'll never get a real answer. On one hand, everyone is shitting on Winston right now and I don't think any fans are asking for him. But you know their tunes would change if he went to their team.

Tyreek Hill is freaking loved. Roethlisberger, too. The Cowboys signed Greg Hardy. These moral issues don't actually seem to matter for long in the NFL.
User avatar
Deuce
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby Krojen » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:42 pm

Today's climate towards sexual harassment is a lot different than even just a couple years ago. Jameis' goofy personality and immaturity has been wearing thin both on and off the field. No team is going to take the PR hit for trading to get this guy. For what? To get the only QB that can't throw to DeSean Jackson, is incapable of throwing a spiral, and hasn't been a difference maker in the win column? Mike Florio reported months ago that if Jameis was cut, no team prefers him over their current starter.

So he's not a gifted athlete and can't be trusted off the field - it was leadership that was always his biggest asset. He was going to slap dudes in the face and change our losing culture. Well the low effort blowouts are happening at the same rate, he's making Mike Evans look like a fool defending him when he poked that Saints player from the sideline, and it took Kwon in week 16 to finally set swaggy Baker straight.

What does he even contribute to a team? A false hope that in his 4th, 5th, or 6th+ year he'll finally take the next step?
Krojen
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:04 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Jw suspended

Postby Deuce » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:20 pm

Krojen wrote:Mike Florio reported months ago that if Jameis was cut, no team prefers him over their current starter.


Image
User avatar
Deuce
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:14 pm

Krojen wrote:Today's climate towards sexual harassment is a lot different than even just a couple years ago. Jameis' goofy personality and immaturity has been wearing thin both on and off the field. No team is going to take the PR hit for trading to get this guy. For what? To get the only QB that can't throw to DeSean Jackson, is incapable of throwing a spiral, and hasn't been a difference maker in the win column? Mike Florio reported months ago that if Jameis was cut, no team prefers him over their current starter.

So he's not a gifted athlete and can't be trusted off the field - it was leadership that was always his biggest asset. He was going to slap dudes in the face and change our losing culture. Well the low effort blowouts are happening at the same rate, he's making Mike Evans look like a fool defending him when he poked that Saints player from the sideline, and it took Kwon in week 16 to finally set swaggy Baker straight.

What does he even contribute to a team? A false hope that in his 4th, 5th, or 6th+ year he'll finally take the next step?


Image
User avatar
beardmcdoug
 
Posts: 3018
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 pm
Has thanked: 364 times
Been thanked: 236 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby Cheb » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:26 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Krojen wrote:Today's climate towards sexual harassment is a lot different than even just a couple years ago. Jameis' goofy personality and immaturity has been wearing thin both on and off the field. No team is going to take the PR hit for trading to get this guy. For what? To get the only QB that can't throw to DeSean Jackson, is incapable of throwing a spiral, and hasn't been a difference maker in the win column? Mike Florio reported months ago that if Jameis was cut, no team prefers him over their current starter.

So he's not a gifted athlete and can't be trusted off the field - it was leadership that was always his biggest asset. He was going to slap dudes in the face and change our losing culture. Well the low effort blowouts are happening at the same rate, he's making Mike Evans look like a fool defending him when he poked that Saints player from the sideline, and it took Kwon in week 16 to finally set swaggy Baker straight.

What does he even contribute to a team? A false hope that in his 4th, 5th, or 6th+ year he'll finally take the next step?


Image


Now that's funny.
Image
Cheb
 
Posts: 3904
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Location: West Coast is best coast
Has thanked: 75 times
Been thanked: 335 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby UbuntuBuc » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:36 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
Nano wrote:We'd get offers but they would probably suck. Like a 4th or 5th for him.


That would be true if there weren’t so many ego involved that are just absolutely sure THEY are the ones who can turn Jameis around. They believe that the Bucs are the ones who have mangled this situation because of an inexperienced HC. So I think we would quite possibly be offered a 2nd and most certainly a 3rd.


If the best offer is for a 2nd round pick I have to think that is not a ringing endorsement for JW.
Image
User avatar
UbuntuBuc
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:52 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby *tgp* » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:41 pm

Go Bucs!
*tgp*
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:24 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Jw suspended

Postby Four Verticals » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:24 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:In defense of Winston, lots of men are overgrown teenagers well into their 20's. This doesn't excuse anything, but the lights can come on when things like fatherhood happen.

I'm just saying who he is now is not who he's going to be 3-5 years from now.

Or who he was 2 years ago.


How about 8 months ago when he lied about 2 years ago?
Four Verticals
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:12 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby MJW » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:49 am

Deuce wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:Do you think a front office would win over a fan base by trading for Winston? I don’t think there are many fans of opposing teams who are thinking, ‘man, I wish Winston was out QB.’

Regardless, if you trade him while he is suspended you are going to take a bath and basically put the other team in a cant lose situation: they either get a star or a bust, but they paid peanuts either way.


I really have no clue on this and we'll never get a real answer. On one hand, everyone is shitting on Winston right now and I don't think any fans are asking for him. But you know their tunes would change if he went to their team.

Tyreek Hill is freaking loved. Roethlisberger, too. The Cowboys signed Greg Hardy. These moral issues don't actually seem to matter for long in the NFL.


The fact they'd change their tunes if Winston was on THEIR team is exactly the kind of mindset that worries me around HERE. Or at least, it makes me wonder.

Are we really going to give a six-figure contract to a QB who most agree wouldn't fetch a Day Two pick on trade block?

Are we (as in, Bucs fans) underrating how big a deal this is to everyone else? It's why I asked the question.

As to your other point, nobody knew who Tyreek Hill was. If the FIRST thing you learn about a guy is that he's awesome, it's natural to have that as your starting point. If you're a casual fan who doesn't know who Antonio Callaway is, and he catches 15 TDs this year, and THEN you learn he's a piece of ****, he's still going to be primarily thought of as a stud FIRST for most people, no? We tend to stay loyal to our first impression.

Same thing applies with Roethlisberger, mostly. I had no idea he had character defects coming out of Miami U. Then he comes in and he's a superstar and it's like, "Wow, he's a turd? Are we sure?" And by the time we'd largely accepted he's a turd, he had a Superbowl ring and there was nothing left to talk about.

The Cowboys DID take a world of crap for Greg Hardy as I recall.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8678
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 378 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby KennyPowers » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:01 am

Krojen wrote:Today's climate towards sexual harassment is a lot different than even just a couple years ago. Jameis' goofy personality and immaturity has been wearing thin both on and off the field. No team is going to take the PR hit for trading to get this guy. For what? To get the only QB that can't throw to DeSean Jackson, is incapable of throwing a spiral, and hasn't been a difference maker in the win column? Mike Florio reported months ago that if Jameis was cut, no team prefers him over their current starter.

So he's not a gifted athlete and can't be trusted off the field - it was leadership that was always his biggest asset. He was going to slap dudes in the face and change our losing culture. Well the low effort blowouts are happening at the same rate, he's making Mike Evans look like a fool defending him when he poked that Saints player from the sideline, and it took Kwon in week 16 to finally set swaggy Baker straight.

What does he even contribute to a team? A false hope that in his 4th, 5th, or 6th+ year he'll finally take the next step?


:soapbox:
KennyPowers
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:45 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Jw suspended

Postby NavyBuc » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:43 am

Deuce wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:Do you think a front office would win over a fan base by trading for Winston? I don’t think there are many fans of opposing teams who are thinking, ‘man, I wish Winston was out QB.’

Regardless, if you trade him while he is suspended you are going to take a bath and basically put the other team in a cant lose situation: they either get a star or a bust, but they paid peanuts either way.


I really have no clue on this and we'll never get a real answer. On one hand, everyone is shitting on Winston right now and I don't think any fans are asking for him. But you know their tunes would change if he went to their team.

Tyreek Hill is freaking loved. Roethlisberger, too. The Cowboys signed Greg Hardy. These moral issues don't actually seem to matter for long in the NFL.


Ben Roethlisberger has won his team Super Bowls and goes to the playoffs and Pro Bowl every year. Jameis Winston can’t even lead the Bucs to the playoffs. That’s the big difference in those two. Winning games and championships can shut a lot of people up who care about moral issues.
NavyBuc
 
Posts: 1163
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:07 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby Commander Bubbles » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:28 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:
What it means is we had a chance to snag arguably the best QB in the draft. I’ve watched Winston since Hueytown. I was a fan of his before he even signed his LOI, much less played for my favorite college and pro team.

At this point, I think it’s more likely that the Winston pick will be looked backed on as the move that set this franchise back not moved it ahead.

Hopefully I’m wrong but I don’t think Winston will ever grow up and mature. It’s kind of baked in the cake by now.

It looks like our future is having a 20 million dollar a year QB who could embarrass your franchise at any moment. You never know when that late night phone call is coming.

In defense of Winston, lots of men are overgrown teenagers well into their 20's. This doesn't excuse anything, but the lights can come on when things like fatherhood happen.

I'm just saying who he is now is not who he's going to be 3-5 years from now.


Hard to believe that a bleeding heart liberal is defending a dude who sexually assaulted a woman.

And yeah, I’m sure my daughter would tell you that I’m still immature. But I don’t go around grabbing women by the *****, drunk or not. Don’t make excuses for shitty behavior.
User avatar
Commander Bubbles
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:27 am
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby Crocaneers » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:03 pm

I still blame Hard Knocks
Image
User avatar
Crocaneers
 
Posts: 2613
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 am
Location: Gatorland (at least on the weekends )
Has thanked: 378 times
Been thanked: 244 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:25 pm

Commander Bubbles wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:In defense of Winston, lots of men are overgrown teenagers well into their 20's. This doesn't excuse anything, but the lights can come on when things like fatherhood happen.

I'm just saying who he is now is not who he's going to be 3-5 years from now.


Hard to believe that a bleeding heart liberal is defending a dude who sexually assaulted a woman.

And yeah, I’m sure my daughter would tell you that I’m still immature. But I don’t go around grabbing women by the *****, drunk or not. Don’t make excuses for shitty behavior.

Shoo fly, don't bother me.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 13260
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 145 times
Been thanked: 634 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby Commander Bubbles » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:42 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Commander Bubbles wrote:
Hard to believe that a bleeding heart liberal is defending a dude who sexually assaulted a woman.

And yeah, I’m sure my daughter would tell you that I’m still immature. But I don’t go around grabbing women by the *****, drunk or not. Don’t make excuses for shitty behavior.

Shoo fly, don't bother me.



Or what? You’ll have me banned?
User avatar
Commander Bubbles
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:27 am
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:49 pm

Commander Bubbles wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Shoo fly, don't bother me.



Or what? You’ll have me banned?

You'll have to wait until I'm drunk enough.

While you're waiting, scroll up to my post you quoted and read the part that says "that doesn't excuse anything".

****. All I got is Bud Light right now. I get paid on Tuesday, I'll get a 5th of bourbon and ban you then, okay?
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 13260
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 145 times
Been thanked: 634 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:52 pm

On second thought, I'm smoking a lot more weed these days so I suspect I'm gonna be way too peace and love to ban anybody anytime soon.

One of the other guys will have to do it. Sorry.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 13260
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 145 times
Been thanked: 634 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby Super K » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:59 pm

You get people banned alot?...

That seemed...random...
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7227
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 210 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:03 pm

Super K wrote:You get people banned alot?...

That seemed...random...

Long story. And no. I don't ban people. I do drink tho.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 13260
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 145 times
Been thanked: 634 times

Re: Jw suspended

Postby Commander Bubbles » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:11 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Commander Bubbles wrote:

Or what? You’ll have me banned?

You'll have to wait until I'm drunk enough.

While you're waiting, scroll up to my post you quoted and read the part that says "that doesn't excuse anything".

****. All I got is Bud Light right now. I get paid on Tuesday, I'll get a 5th of bourbon and ban you then, okay?


Lol, I guess that’ll have to do.
User avatar
Commander Bubbles
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:27 am
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 30 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acmillis, Baidu [Spider], BayAreaBucFan25, Bootz2004, Buc2, BUCCABEER, Buccs99, Cheb, ComingThisFall, Deja Entendu, doooshnzl, Ken Carson, PrimeMinister, real bucs fan, RedLeader, Rocker, SIBucsFan, snarler, Super K, viva la Reagan, Zarniwoop and 22 guests